Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never taking damage in PvP, seriously?

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    This is why people never get better, they blame armor sets, code hackers, and soviet era cheat engines instead of learning game mechanics.

Do you really think there's no cheat in this game?

It exists in any game.

Though I agree, most people play by the rules and only from time to time you can encounter a code hacker. It is absurd to use that as an excuse in the same way it is absurd to deny their existance
    Edited by Xvorg on August 6, 2019 8:15PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    common CP pvp. I left CP pvp a long time ago and i wouldn't come back ever.

1k hot is not that much. I'm sure the tanks he talks about are not using this trash.

but i have another question, the Reactive Armor set says it grants its defense while affected by a disabling effect. Are those only stun and fear? does snare or root activate the set?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

1k hot is not that much. I'm sure the tanks he talks about are not using this trash.

but i have another question, the Reactive Armor set says it grants its defense while affected by a disabling effect. Are those only stun and fear? does snare or root activate the set?
    Lmao, you are absolutely delusional if you think histsap is trash. It's one of the biggest carry sets in the game. In case you didn't realize, that hot can be increased by every heal % multiplier in the game.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Lmao, you are absolutely delusional if you think histsap is trash. It's one of the biggest carry sets in the game. In case you didn't realize, that hot can be increased by every heal % multiplier in the game.

while also reduced by any heal reduction, battle spirit and defiles. You think 1k-1.5k hot is worth more than some resistances or protection buffs, or enemy debuffs?

both Robes of the Hist and Reactive Armor activate while you are affected by a disabling effect. This gets back to my unanswered question, what counts as a disabling effect? Just stun and fear, or snare and root too? In any case, how do you consider 1k-1.5k hot better than 35% defense?
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    Reactive only activates on stuns and fears. Snares and immobilizes don’t activate it. Total Dark doesn’t activate it. The NPC version of eclipse(take a knee) does activate it. It also activates when you are mounting/dismounting your horse. (I guess because you have no character control when that is happening).
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reactive only activates on stuns and fears. Snares and immobilizes don’t activate it. Total Dark doesn’t activate it. The NPC version of eclipse(take a knee) does activate it. It also activates when you are mounting/dismounting your horse. (I guess because you have no character control when that is happening).

so the Robes of the Hist set gives 1k-1.5k heal while you are stunned or feared. Which you break free immediately anyway. In my opinion i was right, that set is trash for a tank that is decent at minimum.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so the Robes of the Hist set gives 1k-1.5k heal while you are stunned or feared. Which you break free immediately anyway. In my opinion i was right, that set is trash for a tank that is decent at minimum.

(5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, immobilization, or snare, you heal for 2140 Health every 1 second.

Hist has different trigger than reactive.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

(5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, immobilization, or snare, you heal for 2140 Health every 1 second.

Which is huge.

I mean 1k hps (after BS) is huge; let's just say you're taking an insane 6k damage per sec (12k before BS) that's still 17% of the damage you're taking.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    On a lighter note, I was hit by a 29k gravity crush yesterday.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    show me anyone who survives 1vX with Robes of the Hist set. I still believe 1k hot is trash compared to the various other defensive sets out there. Even Buffer of the Swift is better than that, or why not Steadfast Hero.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is huge.

I mean 1k hps (after BS) is huge; let's just say you're taking an insane 6k damage per sec (12k before BS) that's still 17% of the damage you're taking.

6k DPS insane?? 6k DPS is surely 1 player.

I don't understand how that set is good either, sounds shite unless you're spending your time kiting rocks against 1 player.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    show me anyone who survives 1vX with Robes of the Hist set. I still believe 1k hot is trash compared to the various other defensive sets out there. Even Buffer of the Swift is better than that, or why not Steadfast Hero.

Sounds like you guys are looking at the set from a vacuum perspective, that set is setup to be really aids next patch with some good theory crafting.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Which is huge.

I don't understand how that set is good either, sounds shite unless you're spending your time kiting rocks against 1 player.

Yeah, 1 player - I should have made that clear cuz more than one is far from lol.

My very generic point was 1k hps is far than meaningless. Example, most mitigation will prevent less than 1k dps (passive % mitigation after BS)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Which is huge.

Yeah, 1 player - I should have made that clear cuz more than one is far from lol.

My very generic point was 1k hps is far than meaningless. Example, most mitigation will prevent less than 1k dps (passive % mitigation after BS)

minor protection, if hit by the same 15k attack is only 400 or so dmg mitigated. So to have a heal at 1k/s, is like running major protection.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is huge.

minor protection, if hit by the same 15k attack is only 400 or so dmg mitigated. So to have a heal at 1k/s, is like running major protection.

8/100*15000 is 1200 in my math. Which is above the 1k hot that is conditioned to be snared at least.

EDIT: i wanted to add, the 8% from minor protection adds up to any dmg you take during a second, which seems better in a 1vX for me.

Edited by Sergykid on August 9, 2019 4:59PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sergykid I'm thinking most posts aren't about specific sets but just about the mentality towards raw numbers.

I.e. to me, 1k hps sounds like very small amount, however; when compared to how much mitigation it would take to get an attack reduced by 1k, suddenly it looks way better.

As for sets themselves, I wouldn't have any solid OW comments
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sergykid I'm thinking most posts aren't about specific sets but just about the mentality towards raw numbers.

I.e. to me, 1k hps sounds like very small amount, however; when compared to how much mitigation it would take to get an attack reduced by 1k, suddenly it looks way better.

ok but in pvp burst kills not over time damage. You are more susceptible to die with hots instead of damage reduction. I rarely see anymore fights where sustain wins, it's more of a better burst wins.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is huge.

8/100*15000 is 1200 in my math. Which is above the 1k hot that is conditioned to be snared at least.

EDIT: i wanted to add, the 8% from minor protection adds up to any dmg you take during a second, which seems better in a 1vX for me.

I'm pretty sure that 8% minor protection doesnt mitigate 8% of the damage. The equation is a bit more complicated, but I'm not an expert in that regard. So not 100% sure.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-15-07-2019/p1
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also procs off the Malacath Axe memento.

Which was awesome.

I did an entire PvP build around that until they banned mementos.

Getting slammed? Pop a Malacath's Wrathful Flame for 35% damage redux.
    Edited by Cathexis on August 10, 2019 1:47AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

while also reduced by any heal reduction, battle spirit and defiles. You think 1k-1.5k hot is worth more than some resistances or protection buffs, or enemy debuffs?

both Robes of the Hist and Reactive Armor activate while you are affected by a disabling effect. This gets back to my unanswered question, what counts as a disabling effect? Just stun and fear, or snare and root too? In any case, how do you consider 1k-1.5k hot better than 35% defense?
    You don't even know how the set works, yet you judge them on value. Typical forums business...

Anyway, histsap works on disabling effects (stuns), but also on immobilizations (roots) and snares. Reactive only on works on stuns. Which is why reactive is a lot more situational, while with histsap you can run around in snares and roots while being permahealed. Sometimes you don't even need to break free because of the healing you receive. Just a reminder that with the right build you can easily reach 2k+ heals from it. And you have to look at it from the big picture. It's not just a 1.5k heal or a 2k heal, it that on top of everything else you have running.

I have used this set for a long time and can tell you it is insanely strong. Your layman's view on the set is kind of irrelevant since you have not even used it before.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

ok but in pvp burst kills not over time damage. You are more susceptible to die with hots instead of damage reduction. I rarely see anymore fights where sustain wins, it's more of a better burst wins.

Damage over time doesn't kill in pvp? Lol okay mate.

Damage reduction is irrelevant if you don't have the healing to recover from damage. It will just delay your death as you struggle to heal up. Hots are strong because they allow you to go on the offense whilst you're being passively healed.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

Damage over time doesn't kill in pvp? Lol okay mate.

Damage reduction is irrelevant if you don't have the healing to recover from damage. It will just delay your death as you struggle to heal up. Hots are strong because they allow you to go on the offense whilst you're being passively healed.
    This is just one of those things that these people will never get. People just refuse to learn and stubbornly keep to their own ways, and keep getting clapped in the process. Meanwhile they are QQ'ing about smallscalers and 1vx'ers using these mechanics to pull off what they pull off, calling them cheaters and everything.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so much inner ego and drama and whoever agrees with you as well. Keep thinking you are correct and others are wrong, i've tried all the things on all the specs from all the classes, which i play. You all talk like addressing to beginners, thinking yourselves are good or better. I'm done here, have fun arguing.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so much inner ego and drama and whoever agrees with you as well. Keep thinking you are correct and others are wrong, i've tried all the things on all the specs from all the classes, which i play. You all talk like addressing to beginners, thinking yourselves are good or better. I'm done here, have fun arguing.

Maybe if you had equipped robes of the hist for this discussion, you could have healed through all the argumental damage.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current worst group that does this live streams with all their abilities etc in full view. Watch, learn rotation, and learn to roll dodge their one or two actual skills that aren't buffs/shields. Or find a super bursty buddy and ask to watch...

Sadly neither protects from the gift of vicious death from your faction's puglings. Easier to leave.
    Edited by merevie on August 12, 2019 10:31AM