Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Succession Changes

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Don’t magic damage attacks become the element of the destruction staff you’re using? I was never clear on how this works.

I was thinking it’s a reason to not go 2h on a magicka class.

There are some other games, where this is the case. I played an old MMO a long time ago, called Shaiya. Where this was the case.

But not in eso. Magic damage is just a very undesireable damage type, with no side effects. Magic damage is unattractive in my eyes and I am always dissapointed, when something deals normal magic damage. For example elemental weapons, ironically.

But there is always War Maiden that gives 400 (I think?) spell damage to magic damage abilities. I've run War Maiden on my magplar and magblade for awhile now with decent success.

*For the record I'm a casual and don't really run trials, so I use what I can get on my own.

And why would you ? It does not change the fact, that magic damage is weaker than elemental damage. The only benefit of magic damage, is that it can not double dip against resistances. For example, magic resistance and elemental resistance reduces elemental damage, but magic damage only has 1 way of being mitigated. But who really has this ?

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    So, you need to get an elemental Succession Inferno Staff now to make this Set be really good for one or two classes? That sounds like a fun grind.
    Honestly. It does. There should be more sets unique to different classes. How boring is it with 6 classes all running the same set. About time.

You say it might be fun now, @Marshall1289, but Maelstrom 5-piece weapons are one of the worst grinds in the game.

Still chasing a Winterborn Ice Staff after 60+ runs in vMA and nMA. Having a loot table that contains six (6) complete 5-piece sets means getting the weapon of choice is nearly mythical. It makes the grind for vMA Inferno Staff look like a walk in the park.

I won’t go into how many Winterborn bows I’ve taken to the woodworking table for decon.

Any player that’s serious about obtaining an Elemental Succession Inferno Staff has a window of opportunity in the upcoming Orsinium Event (double weapon drops on Stage 9 of vMA and nMA).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 30, 2019 6:47PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, you need to get an elemental Succession Inferno Staff now to make this Set be really good for one or two classes? That sounds like a fun grind.
    Honestly. It does. There should be more sets unique to different classes. How boring is it with 6 classes all running the same set. About time.

You say it might be fun now, @Marshall1289, but Maelstrom 5-piece weapons are one of the worst grinds in the game.

Still chasing a Winterborn Ice Staff after 60+ runs in vMA and nMA. Having a loot table that contains six (6) complete 5-piece sets means getting the weapon of choice is nearly mythical. I won’t go into how many Winterborn bows I’ve taken to the woodworking table for decon.

Any player that’s serious about obtaining an Elemental Succession Inferno Staff has a window of opportunity in the upcoming Orsinium Event (double weapon drops on Stage 9 of vMA and nMA).

Fair enough, I just think different avenues of acquiring bis gear is nice to have for different classes and I'll never complain about gear farming again after years of farming without transmutation. I also have a soft spot for vMA since I think it's the most rewarding and fun gameplay experience I had in this game to date.

They did just add a "token" system to dungeons to get specific gear a little quicker which is a step in the right direction + keys across all characters = awesome.

I'm sure it's no longer out of the realm of possibility for something similar for Arena content, we just need to keep pushing for it.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still chasing a Winterborn Ice Staff after 60+ runs in vMA and nMA. Having a loot table that contains six (6) complete 5-piece sets means getting the weapon of choice is nearly mythical. I won’t go into how many Winterborn bows I’ve taken to the woodworking table for decon.

Fair enough, I just think different avenues of acquiring bis gear is nice to have for different classes and I'll never complain about gear farming again after years of farming without transmutation. I also have a soft spot for vMA since I think it's the most rewarding and fun gameplay experience I had in this game to date.

They did just add a "token" system to dungeons to get specific gear a little quicker which is a step in the right direction + keys across all characters = awesome.

I'm sure it's no longer out of the realm of possibility for something similar for Arena content, we just need to keep pushing for it.

Hell yeah, I been advocating dungeon/trial/arena gear tokens forever now..
    My thought is 5 or so pieces for a token, then you can use a token to get apiece you want

For example vCR, you cash in 5 perf olo because you are a stam user, and want perf rele, and so you then buy a jack with your token.

Or they could further simplify it and you just loot tokens instead of gear, then you just buy from a vendor after completion, easy.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's true that the new "generic" Magicka DOTs are going to play such a central role in PvE DPS, is this set really going to be worthwhile? And I assume the only way it will benefit a Necromancer's Skeletal Mage is if you get the set's effect via Wall of Lightning, Shock Reach, or a Shock Enchant; the pet's casts themselves won't trigger it, will they?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone up in arms about an elemental succession inferno again?

Shouldn’t this set be paired with either a maelstrom inferno OR a perfected asylum inferno; or both?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does that proc off and boost destro light attacks? They do count as elemental damage, afaik?
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Does that proc off and boost destro light attacks? They do count as elemental damage, afaik?

Yes and yes.
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    And I assume the only way it will benefit a Necromancer's Skeletal Mage is if you get the set's effect via Wall of Lightning, Shock Reach, or a Shock Enchant; the pet's casts themselves won't trigger it, will they?

With succession on necro using only the Mage and the tether you can get around 54-60% lightning uptime with the cutrent cooldown.
    So both the tether and Mage as far as I know procs it.
    Using the colossus, avid boneyard, and a small proc here and there for chilled I got a 66% ish uptime on frost on across multiple parses.
    Using flame reach, unstable wall (and the explosion), inferno staves, zaan, and the burning effect I got 64-66% ish on average across multiple parses

Shock damage will have a lower uptime unless you put a shock glyph on backbar rather than berserker, then it would be closer in range to the other elemental uptimes, at the cost of losing spell damage.

Yes it doesn't proc on magic damage, but most of our skills and dots on a necromancer is elemental, in fact out of all the damage done, only 14.4% is magic and the other 85% is elemental based on the parse below.

If they do make it the 4 second cooldown as stated in the notes and not the 5 second cool down on PTS, then these uptimes will be higher.

I’m nowhere near perfect at my rotation, dot uptimes, or LA/s yet but
    this is what I got as far as uptimes for succession. Screenshot_20190729_220740.png
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FatelessLava With succession on necro using only the Mage and the tether you can get around 54-60% lightning uptime with the cutrent cooldown.

the mage does not. tether is doing all the work there. blast bones cant proc the fire either. the mage and blast bones also dont proc ilambris. interestingly, the lightning and fire damage form ilambris does proc it. seem to me like this set is junk still.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 31, 2019 3:23PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Why is everyone up in arms about an elemental succession inferno again?

Shouldn’t this set be paired with either a maelstrom inferno OR a perfected asylum inferno; or both?

Afaik it will be useful for necromancer and DK

I don't use force pulse, I use whip even in vCR+3

IDK about magcro, I don't think they use a spam, could be wrong.
    @FatelessLava With succession on necro using only the Mage and the tether you can get around 54-60% lightning uptime with the cutrent cooldown.

the mage does not. tether is doing all the work there. blast bones cant proc the fire either. interestingly, the lightning and fire damage form ilambris does proc it. seem to me like this set is junk still.

[snip]

Does it proc off status effects?

Currently on PTS is meh because cooldown is 5 seconds, but it's supposed to be 4 seconds, you should be able to get at least a 90% uptime once it's fixed, which for necro and magDK it will be better than spell strat, not only more spell damage and magic scales higher than the 128 spell damage versus 1k magicka, but also it will cleave things while spell strat is just ST.

Am very excited about testing it for magDK once they fix it but...

[edited for baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on July 31, 2019 6:22PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @brandoncoffmannub18_ESO Ilambris is trash though lol, but interesting.

trash like you are at explaining status effects?

Yeah I was incorrect on it being a dot because it's a debuff, I made a mistake, checked it, and owned up to it; Trash like you trying to insult me.

your long post about them in thread is still there. is still wrong. still says " A small DoT ", in all the colors of the rainbow.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandoncoffmannub18_ESO Ilambris is trash though lol, but interesting.

trash like you are at explaining status effects?

Yeah I was incorrect on it being a dot because it's a debuff, I made a mistake, checked it, and owned up to it; Trash like you trying to insult me.

your long post about them in thread is still there. is still wrong. still says " A small DoT ", in all the colors of the rainbow.

FIXED!!
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vortigaunt wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Don’t magic damage attacks become the element of the destruction staff you’re using? I was never clear on how this works.

No. Magic damage is just magic damage, the 4th element. You have fire damage, frost damage, ice damage, lightning damage and magic damage. Magic damage is basically the equivalent of physical damage. Literally no added bonuses.

This set doesn’t affect magic damage, therefore is not that good for sorc and magblade off the top of my head.

frost and ice element :D
    Brb grabbing a frost cream from the freezer.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this still bugged? Or was it a typo in the notes?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Please respond, I was very excited about this set.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What bug ?

Can someone link a photo please .
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely a typo, I wouldn’t get our hopes up :(
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    What bug ?

Can someone link a photo please .

the fact in the patch note it says 4 seconds long with a 4 second cool down, meaning effectively no down time but in the game it is 4 seconds with 5 second cooldown, meaning a 80% uptime at best and ~65% in practice.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno checking in again in case there was a typo in the patch notes or, hopefully, a bug in the coding that elemental succession has more than a 4 second cooldown on PTS.
    Elemental Succession:
    Fixed an issue where the Shock and Fire bonuses would fail to apply when you dealt the proper damage.
    Increased the Spell Damage bonus granted to 550 from 500.
    Reduced the cooldown to 4 seconds from 8.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to run this but with at best 80% uptime, it just isn't worth it. Hope they change it before live.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The set has amazing potential and revival of a currently useless but a 5 second cooldown will still be useless compared to other sets, please get back to us.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The set has amazing potential and revival of a currently useless but a 5 second cooldown will still be useless compared to other sets, please get back to us.

Any news on this? What is the intended cooldown, 4 sec according to patch notes, or 5 sec according to pts? Would be nice to know as that 1 sec cooldown is deciding if I'm farming maelstrom arena during the event or not.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any news on this? What is the intended cooldown, 4 sec according to patch notes, or 5 sec according to pts? Would be nice to know as that 1 sec cooldown is deciding if I'm farming maelstrom arena during the event or not.

Exactly
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention this set would give magDK a much needed stance in PvE
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll find out what becomes of this set come monday
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll find out what becomes of this set come monday

Or will they ignore the forums and bug reports until a month after.... That's much more worrisome and has happened all too often just like spell strats bug.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to put some of the set drops from vMA to use, If it adds some variety to the mothers sorrow/spell strat standard It would be a welcome change.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that it does not have a cool down, is it not that a bit strong? Since you can have 100% uptime on it leaving similar sets live sum obsolete. Please correct me if I'm wrong.