Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slow-walking AD group in Yolna

doomette
doomette
✭✭✭✭✭
So the hubs and I were playing in Cyro, mainly so he could get vigor on a new character. We were DC, getting pretty well stomped as we tried to take back one of our scrolls at Alessia. After the initial attack failed, a few of us surviving stragglers were regrouping when we saw a group of 7ish mounted AD slow walking to one of the resources we had flipped. All at the same time and same speed, walking as slow as the game allows. What in blazes? Trolling? Psychological warfare? My husband thinks they were bots because of how synchronized they were but I disagree. But it was so weird I had to ask. Props to them, I was certainly too perplexed to do anything but give them a wide berth.

EDIT: Sorry, der, XBox NA
Edited by doomette on August 5, 2019 1:34AM

Best Answers

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players use the RP walk as a way of intimidation and a bit of swagger. It means that they don't respect the opponent enough to have to move quickly.

There are also RP people in pvp sometimes and they would probably go into a dead campaign to do it
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add "drinking and being silly" to the list of possibilities.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RPers, while uncommon in PVP, do also exist there. Is a distinct possibility. I should know.

Could also be trolls. Why not?
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just having a laugh. Or trying to goad you into a fight
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes also used as a trap. They may have had a hidden ball of players nearby who could follow them in stealth without running out of stamina.

I've also seen traps with what looked like two players just fishing near the eastern AD gate.
    ninja.gif

post-2-1565024570.jpg

• doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheeky :D
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember we had a very slow walking bear train years ago with few players, the tired bear caravan wasn't supposed to lure anyone to trap or insult in any way. I can confirm that roleplayers and furnishers exist in Cyrodiil, I'm a rolefurnisher and notorious 14 star solozergling myself, at least used to be when my account wasn't yet completely stuck.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember we had a very slow walking bear train years ago with few players, the tired bear caravan wasn't supposed to lure anyone to trap or insult in any way. I can confirm that roleplayers and furnishers exist in Cyrodiil, I'm a rolefurnisher and notorious 14 star solozergling myself, at least used to be when my account wasn't yet completely stuck.
    Sort of sounds like the hopping guar train I saw near Nikel a while ago. Totally made my night.

• SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Sort of sounds like the hopping guar train I saw near Nikel a while ago. Totally made my night.

You should try the bear train jump in Wrothgar, there's a huge fall from the cliff, it's like raining bears everywhere, would be funny with guars or camels too.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should try the bear train jump in Wrothgar, there's a huge fall from the cliff, it's like raining bears everywhere, would be funny with guars or camels too.

Is that the one that gives you an achievement for surviving the fall?
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the one that gives you an achievement for surviving the fall?

Not sure since it's been quite long after the last bear drop, if there's some achievement, then it's probably the same spot.