Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Remove Faction Lock

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit pvp because of faction lock. I suspect many others have
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you couldn't easily get transmutation stones on every character - I suspect many others did also.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Because you couldn't easily get transmutation stones on every character - I suspect many others did also.

lol, no. People quit because of the performance issues, constant empowering of zergs and ball groups, and lack of fresh gameplay additions to Cyrodiil (destructible gates/bridges are a joke and further discourage actual fighting).

Faction lock was just another dumb thing on top of the pile.

I still can't imagine why people think it's such a good thing to deny people who want to actually PvP a chance to, just because the map is painted their faction's color. And don't come at me with "well you can go to the 7-day or IC" because IC dies the moment people lose their tel var, and the 7 day is dead 95% of the time.

Faction and campaign score hasn't mattered among actual, competent PvPers since the days of the buff campaigns, and until ZOS throws in some actual incentive to faction loyalty/campaign score beyond "top 2% get gold quality rewards" and a false sense of accomplishment, it will continue to be irrelevant.
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock is dumb, period. ZOS just admit you were wrong. 99% of the community is asking you to remove it.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    Faction lock is dumb, period. ZOS just admit you were wrong. 99% of the community is asking you to remove it.

Surprisingly a huge amount of players seem to love it.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrong, 99% of the community is not asking it to be removed.

When we didn't have faction lock, there were daily threads asking for it. Now that we have faction lock, there are a lot of threads against it. Conclusion, people like to complain.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is simply a false statement.
    eso community is 50% divided on that belief.

half of us Want it
    and half of us Dont want it.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrong, 99% of the community is not asking it to be removed.

When we didn't have faction lock, there were daily threads asking for it. Now that we have faction lock, there are a lot of threads against it. Conclusion, people like to complain.

The actual conclusion is People just make up statistics/numbers or Point to polls with a too small sample size to be of any relevance besides proving that the limited number of People going to the forum and caring enough About faction lock either way think X to seem more credible both sides have done this and will continue to do so.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

Nah because not everyone wants to play only one faction. People leveled characters on multiple alliances before and after one tamriel. To PLAY with FRIENDS.

Who cares about those useless stones anyway? I just delete them as they take up to much inventory space lmao
    EU | PC
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was against faction lock
    Right now, its changed my mind after seeing it for 3 campaigns

So for now, I'm in the keep locks camp

I also have at least 8 characters can't play in the 30 day but I don't care. I have plenty of characters in my chosen faction to play on. I only really play 2 of them and I have more transmute stones than I need right now.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 7, 2019 3:47PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

It's also against the forum rules to spread conspiracy theories.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue here is faction lock actually locks out alts that weve invested in.

The idea that people are losing because someone switches faction is of no interest. People will always have a reason for why they lost.

The bottom line is faction lock should have never been implemented unless they allow all alts to play on that locked faction.

Till then its a dumb idea.

I totally agree with you. If there is going to be a lock, you should be able to play all your characters on whatever faction you lock into.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the reason for faction locks is to stop all the problems and cheats and exploits that are a very very very long list that were happening Because of unlocked factions.
    don't bother asking about them for us to list and talk about on this forum, because it is against the forum rules for us to talk about cheats and game exploits and can get you warnings and even forum account banns.

It's also against the forum rules to spread conspiracy theories.

you believe thats what i was saying in my comment? you believe i am speaking about and spreading conspiracy theories?
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a conspiracy theory that theirs dolphins 🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬who belong to a guild called Flippers 🐬🐬.They flip Accounts with impunity 💩.Hacking as they go💩.from account to account, to one faction to another faction,exploit to exploit.💩.🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
    Until this looks like normal game play.
    There the ones saying No faction lock.
    🔒 🔒🐬(lots of dolphin Noises)🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ............Computer says no....
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Necronhex wrote: »
    There’s a conspiracy theory that theirs dolphins 🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬who belong to a guild called Flippers 🐬🐬.They flip Accounts with impunity 💩.Hacking as they go💩.from account to account, to one faction to another faction,exploit to exploit.💩.🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
    Until this looks like normal game play.
    There the ones saying No faction lock.
    🔒 🔒🐬(lots of dolphin Noises)🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬

This.
    Don't expect cheats and exploits to have stopped post faction lock.
    On top of that, people aren't showing up and the bars barely lock now during prime time.
    Faction lock ruined it and it's not fun to PvP in Cyrodiil anymore,
    I quit myself while occasionally checking the worsening state of Cyro out and take advantage of the occasional AP farming during faction stacking, and on top of that ended my +ESO sub until this is fixed.