Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add fatigue to cloak?

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    This poll gives me forum fatigue.

BTW, those skills are not straight-up comparable.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Revert cloak counters to previously non joke status, but leave the skill alone
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    TBH the only reason im playing is because of cloak, you take that away and you take %90 of the fun of the game away. sure im just one guy whose opinion doesnt matter but to change the only fun skill in the game is just disheartening. i have a stam and mag toon of all 4 original classes, and still 4.5 years in the only class that is fun to play is magblade, and only because of cloak
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    After cloak is nerfed what next, stealth?

If your complain is that cloak = ganking, then you have little knowledge about this game. Most ganks come from stealth and can be done with every class. Cloak is just a tool to escape from a failed gank.

And excess of cloak is just as stupid as excess of shield or excess of blocking, should it receive a revenge nerf, just because ZoS doesn't know how to balance things?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Never.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Permacloak has got to go... it's just so annoying and enables a cowardly play style.

If they won't nerf the cost like Streak, than they need to make the so-called "counters" work better. Radiant Magelight needs a 28 meter radius for one thing. Detect potions need to go back to 100% uptime, too.

They also need to fix it so that a tab-targeted nightblade who Cloaks REMAINS tab-targeted when he exits Cloak. If he aggro'd any mobs, the mobs need to become aggro'd AGAIN when he comes out of Cloak.

With as much respect as possible all your posts are either a troll or you’re just a sad biased forum meme now.

Everything you suggested is so over the top it reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum. Not even worth refuting on a point by point basis. Are we upset because the OP purple flying crutch chicken got nerfed? Streak pulls you out of cloak and can stun. Free tip for you. I have a stam and magsorc so I’ve tested it for you.

1) If one plays an in anyway balanced magblade build cloak is not an I WIN button. So many counters. Good players are fine in countering it. Almost more than fine.

Stam toons are inherently faster so they can keep you out of cloak. Race against Time has slightly helped, but in a 1vX situation often many escape routes are blocked due to counters.

I said balanced build, because any class can be specced as a 1 hit wonder.

2) Not sure you want the remaining magblades to spec Dark Cloak.
    In BGs I was face tanking 2-3 ppl in 5 light. The same ppl I would have to cloak around and pick my target and timing with.
    In CP the tankyness went up even more
    But I got bored, it’s not why I made a nightblade.
    As you can see below I have many pvp toons so I face cloak as much as I use it.

3) if I am trying to perma cloak I am running. I am not killing anything if am spamming cloak. You are not in danger to die to a perma cloaker.

People need to play a nightblade against good players or against a sweaty group hellbent on killing you and see how much cloak is NOT OP.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    No thanks. There is currently so many hard counters for cloak. Use it /shrug
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Should nerf the OP instead.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, add fatigue to cloak
    What is with all those cloak & detection threads on forums recently ? NB is still a problem in PvP ?! LOL....

Probably has to do with a mechanic that forces players to counterbuild rather than use counterplay (doesn't take skill, is just annoying and means one less ability slot). Like the removal of reflecting projectiles, this will be nerfed eventually.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Permacloak has got to go... it's just so annoying and enables a cowardly play style.

If they won't nerf the cost like Streak, than they need to make the so-called "counters" work better. Radiant Magelight needs a 28 meter radius for one thing. Detect potions need to go back to 100% uptime, too.

They also need to fix it so that a tab-targeted nightblade who Cloaks REMAINS tab-targeted when he exits Cloak. If he aggro'd any mobs, the mobs need to become aggro'd AGAIN when he comes out of Cloak.

Preach Emma! 100% agree, this mechanic is too overpowered as is. Even the current counters make no sense, as the invisibility mechanic is encouraging counterbuilding over counterplay. That was the reason the devs agreed with the minority of the community and removed the projectile reflecting mechanic from reflective scales. I'm hoping they will make an adjustment to cloak soon as well.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wish some players would l2p rather then destroying classes.
    Undefwun wrote: »

With as much respect as possible all your posts are either a troll or you’re just a sad biased forum meme now.

Everything you suggested is so over the top it reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum. Not even worth refuting on a point by point basis. Are we upset because the OP purple flying crutch chicken got nerfed? Streak pulls you out of cloak and can stun. Free tip for you. I have a stam and magsorc so I’ve tested it for you.

1) If one plays an in anyway balanced magblade build cloak is not an I WIN button. So many counters. Good players are fine in countering it. Almost more than fine.

Stam toons are inherently faster so they can keep you out of cloak. Race against Time has slightly helped, but in a 1vX situation often many escape routes are blocked due to counters.

I said balanced build, because any class can be specced as a 1 hit wonder.

2) Not sure you want the remaining magblades to spec Dark Cloak.
    In BGs I was face tanking 2-3 ppl in 5 light. The same ppl I would have to cloak around and pick my target and timing with.
    In CP the tankyness went up even more
    But I got bored, it’s not why I made a nightblade.
    As you can see below I have many pvp toons so I face cloak as much as I use it.

3) if I am trying to perma cloak I am running. I am not killing anything if am spamming cloak. You are not in danger to die to a perma cloaker.

People need to play a nightblade against good players or against a sweaty group hellbent on killing you and see how much cloak is NOT OP.
    Yup agreed.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Streak and Rolldodge can't be surpressed, blocked, cancelled.

Cloak can.

Make Cloak unbreakable and then sure, add fatigue. But you will hate that more.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than add it to cloak, they should remove it from streak. Really not trying to start a sorc vs. NB debate, but I do know that my sorc would trade streak for cloak in a heartbeat, and my NB wouldnt touch that deal with a ten foot pole.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    i got a video of 4 or5 player running and chase 1 nb , i have to stop my video because anyone never got to him :( going to post this later , perma cloak make any sense if you are already in DOT thankyou
    Edited by charley222 on August 6, 2019 5:06PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    charley222 wrote: »
    i got a video of 4 or5 player running and chase 1 nb , i have to stop my video because anyone never got to him :( going to post this later , perma cloak make any sense if you are already in DOT thankyou

None of them had a detect pot? That tells you about the level of the guys chasing the NB, not about how OP is cloak. One pot and the NB is dead.

Whenever I noticed a NB around I set up a trap. Most of the time it ends with the NB dead or on the run.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue

The difference between that and Streak is that you can't chase the person with Streak. Can be 20 people but with spaghetti code and how OP Streak, is a sorc escapes in seconds.

That NB was under pressure the whole time and took way more skill than shield shield streak streak
    Edited by ThePedge on August 7, 2019 6:57AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t this already a thing? Cloak is still the skill that gets abused the most.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No just increase the cost like Healing Ritual
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Elusiin wrote: »

Preach Emma! 100% agree, this mechanic is too overpowered as is. Even the current counters make no sense, as the invisibility mechanic is encouraging counterbuilding over counterplay. That was the reason the devs agreed with the minority of the community and removed the projectile reflecting mechanic from reflective scales. I'm hoping they will make an adjustment to cloak soon as well.

I'm a Nightblade main. Been so since the beginning. Guess what... Every time I see a Nightblade in PVP, I rejoice. Kill then almost every time, except the exceptional ones who know how to Evade and escape and know how players think. You're dying to Nightblades because they know how you think and you keep thinking the same way. Being a Nightblade is all about psychological Warfare... And you seem to keep losing that battle. I take out Nightblades so easily myself as a Nightblade, not with using Piercing Mark, by just using a gap closer and an aoe. That's really all it takes, and knowing how to out think them. You are just getting beat on that side it seems and don't want to slot one or two methods to completely counter a whole class from the plethora of counter stealth abilities available. If you get beaten by a Nightblade nowadays, that is a failure on your part as a player. ZOS has already neutered the fighting style of Nightblades, especially Mageblades, into the ground. These posts about nerfing Cloak need to stop and players need to learn that some people enjoy sticking to the shadows and being assassin's, just like they enjoy being warriors or sorcerers. Learn to adapt, try out a couple detection methods, and enjoy the game and allow other styles of fighting to be enjoyed as well.
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on August 7, 2019 8:47PM
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    The problem isn't cloak. The problem is crouch combined with cloak. Remove crouch from pvp. Or at the very least remove the ability to use abilities while crouched.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue

I am understanding that your conviction for cloak, and reasoning for supporting nerfing it is because it annoys you and you don't respect the playstyle it supports? That just seems contemptuous and intolerant of differences, which has more to do with opinion than it does balance.

Could you elaborate on why you think an ability that lets you vanish while in combat for a few seconds is comparable in utility to... an unblockable, damaging, PBAoE stun that teleports the caster away by half of the max casting distance of most offensive abilities, and has only a few limiting factors (have enough magicka/not stunned or silenced)?
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    Elusiin wrote: »

Yeah! It's our feelings that matter, not what's reasonable!

I'll talk about some feelings. Y'all need to practice some tolerance and explore yourselves more, at least enough to objectively view your convictions from a distance and see them from your shoes, as well as another's. I feel like everyone struggles with an issue like this in their life, and it never goes away, we all have some thing we're blind to if we don't keep an eye on it. In this case, I'm guessing that most of the people unreasonably against the thief archetype struggle with adapting to new circumstances. Not because they're incapable, but because they feel more at ease when they know what's coming, and who doesn't enjoy being comfortable? Unfortunately, the same thing that motivates this structured preference also makes it harder to explore oneself objectively, leading to a stronger resistance to what's too tiring to understand. This resistance seemingly comes out in emotional outbursts that seem like irrational opinions, but I think translate to something simple like "get rid of this crap because I don't really know how to approach learning how to deal with it right now, and it's in my way."

I get the feeling that the PvE only types that are anti-rogue archetype make up a lot of this population because... it fits. They seem to only want to engage with structured, predictable things. Like, instanced raids and trials that repeat a sequence of events with little to no variability, allowing players to master them to a point that clearing them is about as hard as killing a target dummy. A while back, some really smart dude described the type of person who likes this stuff to be most in tune with past events, instead future ones.

Nightblades, rogues, thieves and likely the people that play those classes are the reciprocal, or perfectly opposite, to the aforementioned 'cognitive approach' of preferring the past. People on the other side are likely to be more in tune with future events; enjoy adapting to change; trying to predict future outcomes; experiencing new, foreign things; and generally being unpredictable themselves. Which might be why those of you who like more predictable ways of doing things can't stand rogues, and their abilities. Their class, it's abilities and likely their personality revolve around engaging with you in a way that you resent, forcing you to think in ways you don't like because you're not used to them. Cloak achieves that very easily, and you all resent the hell out of it for that reason. But the problems you think reside in cloak as an ability have more to do with your resistance to being more adaptable.

Am I preaching? Crap. I hate it when I do that.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue

Did he kill all of you or just managed to get away from your little ball of sweaty players trying to Zerg 1 player down?

Yeah exactly. He got lucky and got away. Wish he’d been able to drop you all. Would have been well deserved.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Luminide
    Luminide
    ✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    hesobad wrote: »
    There is currently a fatigue mechanic attached to streak and roll dodge, why not add fatigue to cloak as it is an extremely powerful offensive and defensive ability that makes the NB completely untargetable! People have been complaining about this ability for a very long time. I think putting the ramping increase in cost per cast on Cloak is not only necessary, but very overdue. Please try to be un biased in your choice here, we all have a NB and know how to stack enough magic and recovery to abuse the heck out of this ability at high levels

I'd say it could be added, but only if the way cloak worked was changed like you couldn't be removed from cloak so those 3 seconds would be guaranteed invis. But even then numbers would need some tweaking.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    2 years ago I would have voted for yes. Now? Nope, because literally everything else on Nb is nerfed now and the class has zero healing modifiers. Try to play medblade on PTS when your Vigor heals for like 11k. Is the class actually allowed to have one strong ability? I'd trade Cloak for major + minor mending and Cauterize or against Total Dark at this point.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: just make people in cloak take dot damage. Dot suppression is what makes this skill over perform.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this crying about cloak is annoying af. Cloak has enough counters stop crying and git gud. You know what as a stamblade I struggle most against magplars only the good ones maybe I should start saying there op nerf em hard to.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Other: just make people in cloak take dot damage. Dot suppression is what makes this skill over perform.

This was what we got in exchange for giving up the cleanse morph of Cloak.

Maybe we should get that back in some form.
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    never had any problems fighting NBs with cloak (since AoEs).

what i have a problem with tho are stamtards clown-roll dodging every attack and shield stacking sorcs streaking half over cyrodiil when their hp dips below 50%...

all cloak is is a way to retreat from a fight, a way that can easily be countered with several different abilites and/or potions, you are just too lazy to make use of them or too stupid to use them effectively.

Edited by Jerkling on August 11, 2019 6:09AM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, do not add fatigue
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Yes, that would kill the class, especially with the upcoming dot buffs lol.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.