Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

buoyant armiger style

user0666
user0666
ok i've read that other than spending coin at guild traders, I can aquire the motifs for this style by opening up what is called the "rarest of treasure chests in VVanderfell". Am I correct to assume that is talking about a "master chest"? There are videos on youtube I can utilize where people show me where chests tend to spawn so I could farm those chests until i find master chests.

I'm just asking here to make sure I'm understanding how to aquire these motifs before I start farming those chests in VVanderfell.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Supposedly you can get them from treasure chests there, but I never found one. Just buy them up when you see them for a decent price at traders. I think they have the same drop rate as Telvanni furnishing plans.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They drop from Chests in Vvardenfell, but very rarely. You have a greater chance of receiving them if you have the "Champion of Vivec" achievement
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • user0666
    user0666
    ok, thanks
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the time you're going to invest farming chests into time farming gold and buy the motifs. You'll get it done much faster.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    One other option that might not have been considered: If you have psijiic skill line maxed out, and you keep an eye out for psijiic portals in Morrowind, there's a chance that you can find chapters in those, too, as those would be possible drops from the portals. I would suggest making sure that the psijiic line is maxed before doing so, though, as having a high psijiic skill line greatly improves your chances of getting nice items from portals.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never seen a page dropping from a master chest. I never obtained a motif page from a psijic portal.
    I've done some treasure chest runs across Vvardenfell but those never been successful.
    I have the achievement that supposedly helps you but never got a page so far...
    The dropping ratio is just beyond awful...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda bought the motifs when the anniversary event was happening

They're still relatively cheap aside from some big body ones
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My raid group has been running vHoF the past few weeks. I've gotten 2 motif pages in the past 2 weeks out of chests in the trial. Before this, I had gotten a grand total of 1 from chests in the past two years.

I finished mine during the first anniversary event that had them, as it brought the price way down.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • user0666
    user0666
    yeah I just grinded out enough gold to purchase the motifs i wanted at guild traders. finished getting the last motif i needed this morning lol
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

I wish I had thought of that at the time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

I wish I had thought of that at the time.

The prices are still a lot lower than they were historically thanks to the anniversary event. Prior to that, chests were 250k, and only daggers and belts were <100k. Nowadays you can probably find most of them for 30-75k tops. I had issues selling most of mine for 25k during the event and didn't have the bank space to store them for longer.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the 14 Months I've played this game, I've found two Bouyant Armiger Motif pages, both in Advanced Chests.

Instead, I got the Motif from the Reaper's Harvest Crate last time it came around.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Older pic of my lowbie Health Tank in Buoyant Armiger. It’s a nice look if you can find something to complement the locked green dye channels ... such as Ophidian Jade dye.

YWKMxnS.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 30, 2019 10:14PM
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided after farming for the past three days in Vvardenfell - chests, all nodes, etc. - that I don't need Buoyant Armiger motifs :'(

Also, I'm not even sure the damn pages exist.
    Edited by Living_Ded on August 5, 2019 12:12AM
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I picked up a few motif pages during one of the events that gave them as rewards. I also patiently checked guild traders and got most pages for less than 30k I think, except for chests of course.

There’s a lot of cool stuff to farm in Vvardenfel, it’s just a shame the chances for everything there are so low that even someone like me who likes to farm things doesn’t have the stomach for it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought mine when prices reached around 100k for most pieces. I think I even found a chest piece for a great deal (less than 250k). Unfortunately, I completed it a couple months before the next anniversary event. I just wasn't thinking about that coming up soon. I should have waited, as I could have gotten it for much less. Even the 2 pages I got during the event sold for far less than I spent on them just 2 months prior.

Ah well... not the first time I've become impatient and paid more than I should have. Although I gotten my fair share of good deals on things.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spend a lot of time farming in Vvardenfell, and have only found a total of two Buoyant Armiger motif chapters in chests. One was a long long time ago, and while I cannae recall what level the chest was, I do know it was just a regular ol' chest. And the second one dropped just yesterday, from a treasure map chest... that was a real (and very pleasant!) surprise.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last one came from a Psijic Portal. Make sure you have all the possible sources covered! It's well worth the time to send each character through the first stage of the Psijic order quest-line, just to get the ability to see the portals.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 3 weeks on a farming route and never found one. but then i went there randomly a week later and picked a intermediate chest and got a page lol
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!