Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are drinks weaker than foods ?

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Solution allow an additional provisioning crafting tier meals aka mixing a drink and food together combining the 2 or simply allow us to use a food and a drink this is realism to provisioning

Actually mixing meals and drinks is quite interesting idea. Being able to use both would be another step to homogenisation as most of the people would use same meals and drinks, also both would require nerfs.

I've been here long enough to know ZOS won't change their mind and this will go live and remain as it is at least till next patch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    As a full time RPer I appreciate how this game reflects real world. Drinks are just empty calories, ppl!

Yep, because in the real world, I have to wait until I have digested my food in order to have a drink....
  • EatYourVegetables
    Warrior needs food.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warrior needs food.

@EatYourVegetables might have a little bias here. ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change is pretty stupid...
    Never understand the Drink nerf, stupid af.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot perform well when fighting drunk? Who knows.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Gold implies it's supposed to be top tier. IDC if it's a food, or a drink. A gold drink that requires stupid materials to brew should not be less than or equal to blue bi-stat food that requires easy materials to cook no matter what sets may or may not be keyed to them. Lame.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My impression is two-fold. For one thing, the drinks in question all scale from level one, compared to cp150 food and drinks which means the extra flexibility carries a cost. Not to mention that Double Bloody Mara has an addition effect of lowering your vamp level -- which isn't really valuable to me (or anyone?) but whatever.

The other thing that might be impacting this is the rarity of ingredients. Dubious Camoran Throne, Witchmother's Brew, and now Double Bloody Mara have all been nerfed and have relatively easy to obtain ingredients. Compare that to other special (food) recipes that have not been nerfed that possess more costly ingredients: Clockwork Citrus Filet and Orzorga's Bear Haunch (Perfect Roe) and Artaeum Takeaway Broth (Powdered Mother of Pearl).

I'm not a fan of the changes either, but that's the justification I could come up with.

The 1 hour duration blue foods will once again give better stats than the gold drink Double Bloody Mara, which essentially returns to pre-buff levels listed in the link below.

UESP Special Recipes page
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because drinks being total junk is how ESO started. There was a brief binge drinking phase but now we've grown out of it :wink:
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should focus on standardizing this instead of the class skills.

Just spitballing below:

White Food-1 med stat
    Green Food-1 Max stat or 1 med stat w/1 low recovery
    Blue Food-2 Max stats or 1 Max stat w/ med recovery
    Purple Food- 3 Max Stats or 2 max stats w/ 1 low recovery or 1 max stat w/ 1 medium stat and 1 medium recovery
    Gold Food-3 Max Stats w/ 1 max recovery or 2 max stats w/1 max recovery and 1 special feature

White drinks-1 med recovery
    Green drinks1 Max recovery or 1 med recovery w/1 low stat
    Blue drinks-2 Max recovery or 1 Max recovery w/ med recovery
    Purple drinks- 3 Max recovery or 2 max recovery w/ 1 low max stat or 1 max recovery w/ 1 medium recovery and 1 medium stat
    Gold drinks-3 Max recovery w/1 max stat or 2 max recovery w/1 max recovery and 1 special feature

Max/Med/Low simply represent the different tiers of how much of a stat will be given with any of the aforementioned consumables. Using random number to illustrate the point, the tiers for drinks would be Max=400 recovery, medium=300 recovery, and low=200 recovery.

Edited by J2JMC on August 5, 2019 7:13PM
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah the balance of Drinks in ESO. Nerf Bat comes into full swing!
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

The other thing that might be impacting this is the rarity of ingredients. Dubious Camoran Throne, Witchmother's Brew, and now Double Bloody Mara have all been nerfed and have relatively easy to obtain ingredients. Compare that to other special (food) recipes that have not been nerfed that possess more costly ingredients: Clockwork Citrus Filet and Orzorga's Bear Haunch (Perfect Roe) and Artaeum Takeaway Broth (Powdered Mother of Pearl).
    @Kartalin
    The max stats from Artaeum and Clockwork were nerfed in the elswyer update, the regen was buffed. Kind of funny if food should give more max stats than drinks and drinks are more recovery focused, isn't it? Orzorga's was nerfed a while back.
    Edited by iRaivyne on August 5, 2019 9:01PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drinks being weaker than food is just ex post BS the devs made up to justify the recent nerfs to Witchmother's and Dubious.

We now have a situation where basic blue food is superior to purple/gold drinks (from recipes that drop only once per year, no less) in many situations. This new "drinks are supposed to be weaker than food" rationale is supposed to make that somehow okay.
    Edited by Pevey on August 5, 2019 9:05PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iRaivyne wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »

@Kartalin
    The max stats from Artaeum and Clockwork were nerfed in the elswyer update, the regen was buffed. Kind of funny if food should give more max stats than drinks and drinks are more recovery focused, isn't it? Orzorga's was nerfed a while back.
    Oof, so basically gold quality and rarity of recipes doesn’t mean a damn thing and we have a gold quality drink that is literally worse than blue bi-food. It’s all just BS then, got it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was reading 5.1.4 and I noticed all that we discuss in forums means nothing to them ... they buff an ability or item or set so much that everyone uses it and then they complain why people overusing that thing... and then they nerf the previously buffed ability or item to a point that no one would use it anymore ...and then they complain about why ppl not using it.and this circle goes on and on ...
    a cycle that never ends and what being ignored here is what really matters like games performance and actual balancing . I'm so disappointed ...
    oh right.. maybe they "Improve" this games terrible performance somewhere in 2020 .. they have an scheduled PLAN , Wooooo sounds serious .
    .. lets buy crown crates till that day come .

it's going NO where with zenimax ..
    Edited by ebix_ on August 6, 2019 5:02AM