Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Never taking damage in PvP, seriously?

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try using damage skills
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »
    How is it still after all this time there are players that can kill a full raid group and take no damage and no one is so much as discussing it? There is no bug that can expllain 20+ min of one to 4 players killing dozens of other players while taking no damage. @ZOS? where are you on this?

What if I told you there is a new Russian made cheat engine... oh wait nah. Nvm.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    There are some heavily unbalanced gear setups that allow this currently. A lot of it is being addressed for the next update (currently on PTS). The game will change in a couple of weeks, a lot.

This is just horribly untrue. There are no setups so broken rn that they would let one person take out a full raid. Nothing being nerfed will change large groups of noobs getting farmed by a few good players either. If that ever happens PvP will cease to depend on skill in anyway and it will be awful.

If you look at the changes ZOS made over the years, that will be the end goal. They already made the game very zerg friendly and now some noob is crying about not being able to kill one with 20 (!!!!!!!) people....
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @DocFrost72
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I bet you 100$-

No, $200 USD that there is no one in the entire game that will engage 24 people and win in a field unless those 24 are absolutely abysmal (17k hp, no impen, no stuns, no ults). You can't do it, which is why they're hugging trees harder than a romantically confused druid on LSD.

Alternatively get a couple people to chase while one or two stand all around the rock and heavy attack with a lightning or rest staff. You'd be amazed how mad it makes them and how fast they drop when they can't control incoming damage.

Oh, and if you're not near an objective? Dude(ette) just ride away. There's no point. If you engage the 1vXer near some random rock 50 meters away from nikel, you've already lost.

One word: Bomblade. Now for that 200 dollars. Do you want my Paypal or bank account number?
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only happens in this game.
    Dont worry about it too much. Before you know it you will be bored with cyrodiil.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @DocFrost72
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I bet you 100$-

No, $200 USD that there is no one in the entire game that will engage 24 people and win in a field unless those 24 are absolutely abysmal (17k hp, no impen, no stuns, no ults). You can't do it, which is why they're hugging trees harder than a romantically confused druid on LSD.

Alternatively get a couple people to chase while one or two stand all around the rock and heavy attack with a lightning or rest staff. You'd be amazed how mad it makes them and how fast they drop when they can't control incoming damage.

Oh, and if you're not near an objective? Dude(ette) just ride away. There's no point. If you engage the 1vXer near some random rock 50 meters away from nikel, you've already lost.

One word: Bomblade. Now for that 200 dollars. Do you want my Paypal or bank account number?

Didn't know bomblades stood uncloaked in an open field.

Seriously, if I have to keep explaining the OBVIOUS implications of the context of my post, I'm going to have an aneurysm.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamdk in heavy meta and cauterize can appear to not take dmg due to having major mending most of the time and healing over any dmg you deal to them. Why ZOS gave cauterize to stamdk is beyond me... :/

PC EU
    PvP only
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    A stamdk in heavy meta and cauterize can appear to not take dmg due to having major mending most of the time and healing over any dmg you deal to them. Why ZOS gave cauterize to stamdk is beyond me... :/

What if I told you that this Major Mending on stamdk barely lets him stay competitive in Damage Mitigation department? I've theorycrafted some very tanky builds for every class and stamdk is hardly worth any mention.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest thing helping those small man ball groups are vigor stacking. Let's say four of them all hitting vigor every five seconds you might as well have two full healers hitting two of them.

They get their tank from game knowledge and understanding when certain skills need be used. Their damage comes from stacking combos. One warden hitting a heavy attack and beetles into DB with full fury stack hurts, but two stamden and a DK leaping Hurts a ton more. They stack their combos...

It's really not rocket science. Comms, and organization are the keys here.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Biggest thing helping those small man ball groups are vigor stacking. Let's say four of them all hitting vigor every five seconds you might as well have two full healers hitting two of them.

They get their tank from game knowledge and understanding when certain skills need be used. Their damage comes from stacking combos. One warden hitting a heavy attack and beetles into DB with full fury stack hurts, but two stamden and a DK leaping Hurts a ton more. They stack their combos...

It's really not rocket science. Comms, and organization are the keys here.

True on that. And what is best is that they aren't OP AF or invincible like ballgroups. If a "full raid group" can't kill a four man group then it is because of a chasm between skill levels of parties involved and bad leadership on the side of a "full raid group".
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »
    How is it still after all this time there are players that can kill a full raid group and take no damage and no one is so much as discussing it? There is no bug that can expllain 20+ min of one to 4 players killing dozens of other players while taking no damage. @ZOS? where are you on this?

where is this happening?

i've seen a couple immortal tank build, but against DOZENS of other players and still winning?

smells like NO CP....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are glitches/exploits good luck getting anyone to say anything on PS4.
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody can survive taking damage from a full raid group. Small scalers just use line of sight so you cant hit them, make you little zerglings run at em 1 or 2 at a time, then ult dump you into oblivion.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Immutable fact of MMOs I learned 20 years ago: There are far fewer cheaters, hackers, exploiters, bots than the average player base think there are, but far more than the "git gud" fanboi crowd will ever admit. Somewhere in the middle the truth lies.

I remember a game played 10 or so years ago where the client was very weak and exploitable and the game was cram full of speed-hackers, lag switchers, aimbotters, etc. who would go on the forums and make the same "skillz!" responses seen whenever this topic gets brought up. "You just weren't hitting him," when players would pour dead on shots into a lag switcher and no damage whatsoever would register. "He wasn't really invisible" in a game with no cloaking where cheaters regularly WERE invisible. One of the main hacker guilds was so brazen that they would post videos on the OFFICIAL FORUMS where they were moving around at the speed cap but were never activating any speed boosting skills.

Not familiar enough with ESO PvP to know one way or the other how easy it is to cheat, but doubt it's much different than the fact stated in the first paragraph. I DO know that cheaters tend to laugh behind their hands on forums as they holler "git gud" when they feel that they are safe from being caught.

OP, you just have to accept that these kinds of things exist in all online games and either carry on or play only FPS... where people STILL manage to cheat. It's an inevitable part of ALL MMOs, but almost always the small exception rather than the rule.

https://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606275&sid=77cf3bc2101bb648fc15df861a2bd9e9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2PDg_7upI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4U4L9xVC_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt7kmfdiNZI

ESO is one of those special environments where cheaters always win. And as the saying goes... "If you can't beat them, join them!"
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure the mechanic he’s saying with taking no damage is good players stacking vigor to keep everyone up and rolling. They already nerfed that so you can Zerg literally anyone now.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    where is this happening?

i've seen a couple immortal tank build, but against DOZENS of other players and still winning?

smells like NO CP....

Immortal tank builds work far worse in no cp than in cp though....

That's why 90% of 1vx vids are from cp, because you get so much mitigation and sustain.

• Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still convinced there are item sets that create really overpowered builds that no one talks about while everyone focuses on the flavour of the month OP OP OP sets.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    I'm still convinced there are item sets that create really overpowered builds that no one talks about while everyone focuses on the flavour of the month OP OP OP sets.

There are sets that make x'ing easier, but none that are going to give you god mode. Learning game mechanics, passives, and playing every class helps much more than any op set ever will.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well between code hackers (your fault ZOS for not fixing this and basically allowing players to continue to do this) and the armor bug/exploit still not fixed ....yeah I can believe you ran across a player like that. The best thing you can do is record the encounter and submit the video to ZOS. If you have an NVIDIA card chances are you have shadowplay and can instantly save the last fives minutes. Good luck
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest a lot of players don’t hit as hard as they think they do and sometimes it has nothing to do with their build. It’s more so that they don’t have a proper rotation, don’t keep buffs up and don’t know when to burst. Instead they just spam skills thinking it’s enough to kill people, even if you’re outnumbering someone all that matters.

Meanwhile one player that knows what they’re doing can come along and end your 1vx just like that.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on August 3, 2019 10:35PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why people never get better, they blame armor sets, code hackers, and soviet era cheat engines instead of learning game mechanics.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest a lot of players don’t hit as hard as they think they do and sometimes it has nothing to do with their build. It’s more so that they don’t have a proper rotation, don’t keep buffs up and don’t know when to burst. Instead they just spam skills thinking it’s enough to kill people, even if you’re outnumbering someone all that matters.

Meanwhile one player that knows what they’re doing can come along and end your 1vx just like that.

This is really true.

A good player can make 3k weapon damage seem far more than 6k in the hands of a bad player. For example the biggest mistake I see inexperienced players do is use thier ult right away, usually when their opponent is at full hp, so he has plenty of time to go defensive and heal up, when if they just waited for a burst window they would get kills much more often.

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Oh come on man stop exaggerating. Not even the best players can take out a full raid (24 man) alone. Unless they’re coming out a few at a time or maybe they’re Emp or something and the raid is really really bad. I hate to be so blunt but if you’re getting 1vX’ed or even 4vX’ed that badly it’s not the game mechanics it’s you and the people you’re grouped with.

My group crushed 5v24 multiple times last week :) only wiped once.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Then tell us what these so called OP builds are? Stop speaking in general terms and be specific. I wonder what you come up with. Oh and if your answer is "I don't know but its obvious because X and X", then know that your argument has already failed miserably.
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    There is a Tank Meta in this game so thats nothing sensational. Maybe you are doing not enough damage to kill them ?
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essence of Lingering Health
    Butterfly Wing + Powdered Mother of Pearl + Beetle Scuttle = 8% damage reduction, 30% increased incoming healing and additional 2.1k health regen (effectively)

The Troll King
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Monster Set
    Set bonus
    (1 item) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, if they are still below 50% Health, their Health Recovery is increased by 1548 for 10 seconds.

BarkSkin
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (5 items) Reduces the duration of immobilizations and snares on you by 50%. When an immobilization or snare is applied to you, heal for 2140 Health and restore 1000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Seventh Legion Brute
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Weapon Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1483 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

20% cost reduction in block through CP
    28% cost reduction in block through sturdy

When you can't block anymore you cast and get 6256 of all your resources back while being able to drop block and regen stam.

Spell Wall

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Self
    Cost: 135 Ultimate
    Skill description
    Reinforce your shield, allowing you to automatically block all attacks at no cost and reflect all projectiles cast at you for 7 seconds.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me: Ohhh I see your a tank / healbot - let me introduce you to my Bash Build. 😂

No wonder they hate them - becuase you can actually kill them.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if I told you that this Major Mending on stamdk barely lets him stay competitive in Damage Mitigation department? I've theorycrafted some very tanky builds for every class and stamdk is hardly worth any mention.

Please tell me you are on pc eu pls pls pls
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Essence of Lingering Health
    Butterfly Wing + Powdered Mother of Pearl + Beetle Scuttle = 8% damage reduction, 30% increased incoming healing and additional 2.1k health regen (effectively)

The Troll King
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Monster Set
    Set bonus
    (1 item) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, if they are still below 50% Health, their Health Recovery is increased by 1548 for 10 seconds.

BarkSkin
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (5 items) Reduces the duration of immobilizations and snares on you by 50%. When an immobilization or snare is applied to you, heal for 2140 Health and restore 1000 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Seventh Legion Brute
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Weapon Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1483 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

20% cost reduction in block through CP
    28% cost reduction in block through sturdy

When you can't block anymore you cast and get 6256 of all your resources back while being able to drop block and regen stam.

Spell Wall

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Self
    Cost: 135 Ultimate
    Skill description
    Reinforce your shield, allowing you to automatically block all attacks at no cost and reflect all projectiles cast at you for 7 seconds.

Not to mention this one has been bugged for over 2 years and still hasn't gotten fixed. Procs way more often than it should and on PTS using it I had an infinite stam build. Well, guess ZOS has bigger priorities...
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please tell me you are on pc eu pls pls pls

I am.. I was - untill I got fed up with lag and nerfs.