Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harassment case

Neivos
Neivos
Hello, I'd like to know how soon it takes for a harassment case to be answered? I hope this is the right place: 190802-001344

It's gotten to the point of where I am unsafe and Not okay once so ever.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure that they'll take the report seriously

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neivos wrote: »
    Hello, I'd like to know how soon it takes for a harassment case to be answered? I hope this is the right place: 190802-001344

Make sure to ignore/block the person in-game, if it's extended to outside the game then the local authorities are who to contact. I hope it's resolved soon for you.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't discuss enforcement actions on these forums. (Which, honestly, I think is to make it easier for one-size-fits-all rules but doesn't actually contribute to a better community. Sometimes we need to know about the bad apples in our barrel.)

If you're not getting adequate replies to your complaint, keep replying to the emails they're sending you. Or call customer service. Demand supervisor attention.

I'm sure others on the forum can suggest other ways to escalate your complaint. And, since you haven't named the person in question, hopefully this thread will remain open long enough for you to get some good suggestions.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Neivos
    Neivos
    The Situation has gotten pretty bad, To Where they're finding (and contacting) me on outside resources (Discord, FB, Twitch and then creating alts to continue to contact after blocking.) Also to the point where they are literally contacting family members and online friends.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we maybe not derail the OP's thread with being judgey over whether or not they "need" help?

This is ZOS' job to deal with or not, since it involves their TOS. Not ours.

Edited: Since its moved to other platforms as well, I suggest involving those platforms too with their own Support venues. Harassing behavior is against their TOS too.

Best of luck!
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 2, 2019 10:44PM
  • Neivos
    Neivos
    That was my plan to, But they're also still causing issues in game. It just really needs to stop
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am hoping that this is just a odd turn of phrase, but if you are actually feeling unsafe, as in you are being threatened outside of the game, you need to contact the authorities, not ZOS.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rokal
    Rokal
    ✭✭
    The Situation has gotten pretty bad, To Where they're finding (and contacting) me on outside resources (Discord, FB, Twitch and then creating alts to continue to contact after blocking.) Also to the point where they are literally contacting family members and online friends.

Then, while I might seem harsh to some... this is not an issue for ZOS, but for the police.

Let's say ZOS permanently banned this Tool... given what you've just said, that would be no help to you whatsoever, and likely put you more at risk out of vengeance.

If you haven't already, you really need to contact the police.
    Edited by Rokal on August 2, 2019 10:45PM
    Thank you.

Take care,
    Rokal, NoOb Extraordinaire
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you need to contact law enforcement. This is way beyond ZOS.

P.S. - they are unlikely to be able to do anything immediately, but tell them you want a report filed and be sure to supply them with documentation to back up the claims.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 2, 2019 10:48PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Neivos
    Neivos
    I've provided several Screenshots in the case from Literally everywhere I can it; It's all connected together.
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭

Spill the tea. What happened? Why is he/she/they doing this?
  • Neivos
    Neivos
    They were not happy when they were removed from a guild after Harassing several female members. That's basically it.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To come back to your question: it usually takes a few days per answer from customer support, given you have a back and forth. They will NOT inform you of an outcome or what measures they are taking. The last message you will receive from them will be the one informing you of that.
    How long until they actually take action after that, I fear I have no clue. While I'm usually in favor of complying with customer support, this may be a case where you need to keep pestering the. I.E. don't let the ticket run out and keep asking for updates, or at least a timeline.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the snarky people laughing at the idea of going to the police, harrassment is against the law. It can be very difficult to prove and even more difficult to prosecute, but if the OP's family and friends are actually being contacted by this person, then they have a strong enough basis to take this to law. The police probably will not do anything, but at least the OP will be on record as having made a complaint. The police will likely advise what to do if the situation escalates. In the UK we have a telephone number for more minor complaints (noise, neighbour disputes etc), they would be my first stop.

Continue to keep a record of everything that's happening on each platform and continue to report this offender to each of those platforms. Keep screenshots of your communication with them. ZOS obviously can only supervise what's happening in game and won't be able to comment on anything happening outside of it, even if you provide them with proof. Sadly, they cannot do much about you feeling unsafe outside of the game.
    PC EU & NA
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely something to contact not just ZOS, but also law enforcement over. In my experience these types will usually move on after a couple of days, but there's no reason to take the chance if you're feeling threatened and no reason to spare them from the consequences of their illegal action.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Neivos

Please check your inbox as we've sent you an update on the tickets you've submitted regarding the harassment.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post