Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Achieving 100% damage mitigation in the Scalebreaker PTS(With gif)

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Yup yup, but as people pointed out its fairly expensive and you can't move while doing it. It has to be 7 heavy to hit the 100% mark so no moving for you. It also again requires that you block so its not like you can heavy attack or anything to regain resources. And so any decent amount of up time is out the window immediately. But in some PvE fights this will actually be really good for the Sorcs, if you can manage to time the two punch combo of Immovable-Bound Aegis in time then things like Olms Swipe, Warriors Channled Sweep(which correct me if I am wrong is still direct damage?), Rakkaths barrage is blockable too, so there are some good spots for it. So its really not THAT overpowered but I will say it would be funny to see someone manage their resources for a bit of time in PvP and see people rage at their enemy taking no damage outside of DoTs.

Remember though for people that want to use this, Immovable is 4 seconds and Bound Aegis is 3 so use Immovable first.

I actually reached 100% with 6 Heavy 1 light with footman. So you can indeed move while doing this :smirk:

Edit: just saw it was mentioned above.

Well, you can always move with roll-dodge. :D

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Now let's calculate for DK with footman and defensive position:

20+10(DK)+10(defensive slotted)+35(immovable)+8(footman)=83% base bonus block mitigation
    *0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.2908 ~ 97.1% mitigation

W/o footman and defensive:
    65% base bonus block mitigation *0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.59 ~ 94% mitigation

On live on typical build:
    20+10=30% base bonus block mitigation*0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.1197 ~ 88% mitigation.

So using immovable in right moments cuts damage in half and if min-maxed you will have only 25% of what's incoming on live. If devs won't nerf it right now, sounds like fun. Even without footman we can build for extreme mitigation, which though eats ton of stamina and we'll lose magicka restore from balance...

6 heavy 1 light and then just use Streak :lol:

why the complicated maths? Gap closers ignore self-buff snares/snares in general when used lol.

Is it still possible to rotate while 100% snared though? I don't remember from when I tested it.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup yup, but as people pointed out its fairly expensive and you can't move while doing it. It has to be 7 heavy to hit the 100% mark so no moving for you. It also again requires that you block so its not like you can heavy attack or anything to regain resources. And so any decent amount of up time is out the window immediately. But in some PvE fights this will actually be really good for the Sorcs, if you can manage to time the two punch combo of Immovable-Bound Aegis in time then things like Olms Swipe, Warriors Channled Sweep(which correct me if I am wrong is still direct damage?), Rakkaths barrage is blockable too, so there are some good spots for it. So its really not THAT overpowered but I will say it would be funny to see someone manage their resources for a bit of time in PvP and see people rage at their enemy taking no damage outside of DoTs.

Remember though for people that want to use this, Immovable is 4 seconds and Bound Aegis is 3 so use Immovable first.

I actually reached 100% with 6 Heavy 1 light with footman. So you can indeed move while doing this :smirk:

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

20+10(DK)+10(defensive slotted)+35(immovable)+8(footman)=83% base bonus block mitigation
    *0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.2908 ~ 97.1% mitigation

65% base bonus block mitigation *0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.59 ~ 94% mitigation

20+10=30% base bonus block mitigation*0.5 (block)*0.5(resistances)*0.9*0.8(CP)*0.95(aegis) = 0.1197 ~ 88% mitigation.

So using immovable in right moments cuts damage in half and if min-maxed you will have only 25% of what's incoming on live. If devs won't nerf it right now, sounds like fun. Even without footman we can build for extreme mitigation, which though eats ton of stamina and we'll lose magicka restore from balance...

why the complicated maths? Gap closers ignore self-buff snares/snares in general when used lol.

Is it still possible to rotate while 100% snared though? I don't remember from when I tested it.

You can't move it all when immoveable has you at 100%. Even gap closers.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 1, 2019 3:44PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Hmm, it is curious situation. You can roll-dodge from block in case of 6+1 but with 7 can't move entirely. And major expedition doesn't help. So yeah 7 pieces of heavy is not an option.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Hmm, it is curious situation. You can roll-dodge from block in case of 6+1 but with 7 can't move entirely. And major expedition doesn't help. So yeah 7 pieces of heavy is not an option.

Does NB shade port work?
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    They should change Bound Armor to give major savagery on cast instead of block reduction.. nobody wants that trash anyway
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Does NB shade port work?

Yes, and streak works too. So with sufficient resources sorc can really streak into a ball completely invulnerable until he runs out of resources.

Redguard passive for snare reduction doesn't help.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New anti-ball meta - hybrid sorc emperor knocking down balls with consequent streaks :D
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

so drop 1pc heavy or run redguard/warden lol.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Redguard racial doesn't help, 7 pieces of heavy, it's some sort of weird ultimate 100% snare. Even snare removal/immunity doesn't help.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

Redguard racial doesn't help, 7 pieces of heavy, it's some sort of weird ultimate 100% snare. Even snare removal/immunity doesn't help.

well now Gilliam beat us to it lol.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just went on PTS to test it, you can't rotate while in 7 Heavy, BUT! Streak still works in 7 heavy immovable!
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Just went on PTS to test it, you can't rotate while in 7 Heavy, BUT! Streak still works in 7 heavy immovable!

HAHAHAHAH!
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if you can block during the streak like you used to do with gap closers. ;)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

wuicbbl7cksu.jpg

No they dont. With 7 Heavy you cannot gapclose with ambush or shield charge. What you can do is streak or use chains to pull yourself to an enemy. I tested these.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From patch notes:
    Block mitigation now has a cap of 90%. This was done to prevent situations where you could reach 100% damage mitigation, which is not okay, m’kay?

RIP unkillable sorc build >< Still 90% is not gimping PVE tanks in any way.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t5ee4x8xggrj.jpg

They saw it, god damn it. We were this close to have the ultimate tank.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    t5ee4x8xggrj.jpg

This is why I've stopped reporting anything cool that may not be working as intended because they've lost my trust in destroying anything that is remotely unique, niche, and fun. When you start losing the trust of your loyal player-base, you aren't moving in the right direction.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t5ee4x8xggrj.jpg

This is why people complain the game gets boring, they keep removing the fun stuff. It wasn't even practical, it was literally just a meme interaction.