Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Igneous Weapons - Surge

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How can Igneous Weapon be overlooked when it is so useless and get work done on surge is beyond me.

Zos your actions speak louder than words. You dont address classes with balance in mind
Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2019 7:36AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, the very least they can do is to decrease cost and maybe limit number of people affected (for one morph, i.e. igneous).
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, the very least they can do is to decrease cost and maybe limit number of people affected (for one morph, i.e. igneous).

Still useless. Nobody needs to be buffed.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is more PVP skill then PVE, so majority of builds don't use wd/crit/stamina pots. And igneous provides alternative means to get major/minor brutality in one cast. So though meta builds don't use it, it doesn't mean that nobody uses it. Think of S&B/bow or S&B/DW builds for example.

For me skill will be much better if it had shorter duration (20 secs) but significantly lower cost, something like 2.5-3k.

As for now, I agree it is too expensive and limited and needs some re-balance to be viable.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remeber when ignious actually had a fire proc tied to it whenever you deal damage with a light attack? that was one awesome ability, very unique. Lets better delete that effect and pump the cost up to 4k magicka lol.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Remeber when ignious actually had a fire proc tied to it whenever you deal damage with a light attack? that was one awesome ability, very unique. Lets better delete that effect and pump the cost up to 4k magicka lol.
    That sounds like such a unique ability, it's a shame that it went away before I returned to the game. For starters, I would personally love to see the base cost of the ability reduced to about 3k. At least then it might see some more use. Molten Armaments (Magicka morph) could grant Major Sorcery only to you while increasing your chance of applying the Burning status effect by 50%. And Igneous Weapons (Stamina morph) could give you Major Brutality and increase the chance of applying the Poisoned status effect by 50%, while costing 2.7k Magicka.

I think this might open up more build choices for StamDK instead of needing to slot 2h, and it would allow MagDK to drop Entropy if they choose to. It would probably also improve the sustain and damage of both sub-classes marginally(?).
    Edited by Vermethys on July 31, 2019 12:27PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    Stam dk and mag dk are 2 of the very strongest pvp classes in this game... all this whining about aorcs is gonna get the stam sorcs in directly nerfed again... ridiculous tbh
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    It simply costs too much and should be reduced.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my heavy attack executes back this skill had built into some years ago. Was awesome.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    You are wrong guys. Igneous weapon is pretty usefull skill in different situations for example in pvp, where you need to buff your groupmates. Same in non-compet pve-you buff you teammates, who saved their money on pots in dungeons
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoreToo wrote: »
    You are wrong guys. Igneous weapon is pretty usefull skill in different situations for example in pvp, where you need to buff your groupmates. Same in non-compet pve-you buff you teammates, who saved their money on pots in dungeons

Oh yeah those ball groups are KILLING IT with their DKs spamming igneous weapons, saving potion money and winning the economic war. China should take notes.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 31, 2019 4:37PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless because every 36 seconds doesn't justify 990 stam restore and the 6 ult is consumed elsewhere

Major brutality
    - Momentum : Buff and Snare removal/Heal
    - Shrouded Daggers : Splash and damage
    - Flying Blade : gap closer and damage

Major Sorc AND a DOT
    - Degeneration : Magicka Regen on LA
    - Structured entropy : A HoT

PvE and PvP it's useless

In PvP it's a gank gimmick with heavy attacking for mag but it's not worth it compared to a hefty dot next patch.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the minor brutality buff is only 20s so if this is your only eartharn heart skill which was old heavy attack rotation meta for stamDK in PvE, it still fell off halfway through, as far as PvP is concerned you are either using fossilize or obsidian.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think this is more PVP skill then PVE, so majority of builds don't use wd/crit/stamina pots. And igneous provides alternative means to get major/minor brutality in one cast. So though meta builds don't use it, it doesn't mean that nobody uses it. Think of S&B/bow or S&B/DW builds for example.

For me skill will be much better if it had shorter duration (20 secs) but significantly lower cost, something like 2.5-3k.

As for now, I agree it is too expensive and limited and needs some re-balance to be viable.

We get minor brut from fossilize and igneous shield.
    We get Maj Brut from DW pots and Rally.
    The ability is 100% useless.

In PvE nobody cares to waste a gcd for something that comes from potions.

In addition the minor brut doesnt last as long as maj brut from igneous weapons. Again useless ability.

And here we go. Surge gets looked at and igneous weapons is still what? useless
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    Igneos weapon is one of the best DK abilityes - i play and make build on its other morph.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The base ability should grant both Major Brutality and Major Sorcery for yourself and x group members. Molten Armaments should add the Heavy Attack execute it once had, while Igneous Weapons should add a new effect, or even restore the aforementioned Flame damage on light attacks it once had. That would make it worth 4k Magicka, and it wouldn't have to lose its (very very very tiny) niche as a group buff.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're doing it to give stamsorc a viable group heal for PvP like most other classes have. The only odd man out now is stamblade for some reason (not counting soul siphon)
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it if the 50% heavy attack bonus was base skill and igneous added brutality, while molten armernment gained the previous execute <50% hp scale up to 300% at 0% it used to have.

Magika gets an execute, SDK gets a bonus to Heavy Attack (which synergies with Heavy Armor) and the skill actually gets used instead of Rally/Entrophy.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on August 1, 2019 1:44AM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneos weapon is one of the best DK abilityes - i play and make build on its other morph.

I had a real nasty bow/2h build waaaay back when that would actually do damage. I'm not sure wtf happened but it hits like a punch instead of a sledgehammer it once was.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

I had a real nasty bow/2h build waaaay back when that would actually do damage. I'm not sure wtf happened but it hits like a punch instead of a sledgehammer it once was.

They changed heavy attacks to deal less damage but restore more resources, and Light attacks to deal more damage.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

They changed heavy attacks to deal less damage but restore more resources, and Light attacks to deal more damage.

That sucks. Thnx for the info.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on August 1, 2019 2:01AM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame damage on light attacks sound better than a heavy attack execute, in fact, that sounds super awesome, 3 seconds channel for an execute is really bad for mag and won't be used in PvE, or PvP by me.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame damage on light attacks sound better than a heavy attack execute, in fact, that sounds super awesome, 3 seconds channel for an execute is really bad for mag and won't be used in PvE, or PvP by me.

I want to bbq someone with a lightning staff
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭

Oh yeah those ball groups are KILLING IT with their DKs spamming igneous weapons, saving potion money and winning the economic war. China should take notes.

In terms of class buffs there is no need to buff any skills for dk cause its overperfoming in 1v1 pvp and any dungeon(as dd/tank). Too high overheal for stam and mag, too high dps, too high sustain for every spec. If you will up any other skills ppl will stop crying on sorcs, cause this class now is too OP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In terms of class buffs there is no need to buff any skills for dk cause its overperfoming in 1v1 pvp and any dungeon(as dd/tank). Too high overheal for stam and mag, too high dps, too high sustain for every spec. If you will up any other skills ppl will stop crying on sorcs, cause this class now is too OP

That is ridiculous; to base a whole class on one build only and claim it is op.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 1, 2019 7:49AM
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭

It is not. The whole class now is unbalance as hell. Overheal potentional(major mending, 10% healing taken from passives, ashcloud heal, gdb with minor vitality, healing skills), overdps potentional(too strong dots, minor brutality buff, +dps in standart, molten with this +spd/wpd), great sustain(poison/fire dmg return resources, ult recovery, cheap skills), some solid debuffs and debuffs on board(fracture, +10% from fire attacks in fire breath, defile, resists, major brutality/sorcery, expedition, snares) and even more things like this absolutly broken corrosive armor(glad it got nerf a bit), ult regen, blocking, wings snare immunity and more and more and more.
    ^one build? Realy? After all that you guys asking about more buffs? Srsly? Dont you think you have more the enough buffs previous 2 years?
    This skill were designed as a group buff for support role, not as solo skill.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not. The whole class now is unbalance as hell. Overheal potentional(major mending, 10% healing taken from passives, ashcloud heal, gdb with minor vitality, healing skills), overdps potentional(too strong dots, minor brutality buff, +dps in standart, molten with this +spd/wpd), great sustain(poison/fire dmg return resources, ult recovery, cheap skills), some solid debuffs and debuffs on board(fracture, +10% from fire attacks in fire breath, defile, resists, major brutality/sorcery, expedition, snares) and even more things like this absolutly broken corrosive armor(glad it got nerf a bit), ult regen, blocking, wings snare immunity and more and more and more.
    ^one build? Realy? After all that you guys asking about more buffs? Srsly? Dont you think you have more the enough buffs previous 2 years?
    This skill were designed as a group buff for support role, not as solo skill.

Do you tested all those points you listed? Btw DK was nerfed too (corrosive severely nerfed, SD/WD bonus from molten whip nerfed in half, fossilize cost increased 1.5x and range decreased). All bonuses from passives are reactive ones, i.e. you need to do something to proc them, while on sorc all your main passives work always no matter what. We can't say how DK will end up after PTS, but on live class is good, but obviously weaker then sorc. Also dots are melee. If anything melee dots and spammables should ALWAYS be more powerful then ranged ones, because melee is always higher risk then pew-pew.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you main DK don't talk about buffs and debuffs because you don't understand all we go through each and every patch, you only see numbers and what happens against you in a duel or dungeon without context or understanding what their build or anything is, so your basis is flawed and you don't have enough information to even have an opinion.

Secondly, it's a useless buff, why have a useless skill?

Thirdly, lol too op in PvE dps?
    I bust my ass to place well in PvE dps. Anytime I'm in an endgame trial people are like oh wow a magDK. No one plays magDK anymore, then ask how I'm keeping up with the dps because of my skill, NOT MY CLASS.

Lastly, in PvP they aren't too OP, I duel every class and build of people with skill. Sometimes I lose. Sometimes I win.

Don't cry because you lose to someone.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a solo player I love it. Could definitely use a cost reduction for what it gives though.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can Igneous Weapon be overlooked when it is so useless and get work done on surge is beyond me.

Zos your actions speak louder than words. You dont address classes with balance in mind

The purpose for the Surge change is for magsorc healer, not because it's a Major Brutality/Sorcery buff skill. So just don't expect anything coming for Igneous Weapon for now.
    As a DK main, I do have to say, Igneous Weapon is by far the worst Major Brut/Sorcery source in this game.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You seem very triggered. Dks got massive nerfs to their 1v1 this patch, and their sustain was NEVER too high since morrowind, In fact it was so bad even Wrobel, the guy who almost murdered stamDk and completely destroyed stamplars, spent like 2 years trying to fix it.

And are you implying Dks are somehow having an easy time in dungeons? How long have you been playing this game? 2 months?

Last of all, I'm pretty sure I can play a mag warden and quite literally, heavy attack you to death in a duel, while being as tanky as a Dk and also having a pet to hide behind. Dueling in this game is a mess and you don't balance the game around it.

This patch, every other stamina spec got a better and cheaper version of corrosive ultimate, in the name of ''making abilities standart''. If that isn't a MASSIVE Dk nerf, and a buff to everything else, I don't know what is. If that is the case igneous weapons and its morphs deserve to be a part of that process.

The ability is outdated, too expensive, and It doesn't offer allies anything special. If this is supposed to be a group utility buff, then it should behave like one and justify its ridicilously high cost/low utility.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 1, 2019 5:04PM