The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Revert vMA bow nerf

Jagdkommando
Jagdkommando
✭✭✭✭
Its disgusting, we do the hardest solo content in the game and you nerfing all around, why???? Why did you nerfed the bow?? Back then masters was mostly pvp bow and vMA was pve, everybody was ok. Nerf should be reverted!
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nerf?
  • Hyperion616
    Hyperion616
    ✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    What nerf?

It is such a top secret nerf the O.p couldn't be bothered with elaborating more on what the nerf was, just that it was a nerf to the vMA bow.

also, the O.p seems to still be in shock so that could explain the vague nature of their post.
    I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

~Edith Sitwell

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's the aoe nerf affecting the ability that's enhanced by the vMA bow???
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didnt really change much, they reduced the damage to 1s from 0.5s, increased the duration and doubled the effect of Thunderous Volley (vMA Bow set) but they did increase Poison Injection DoT and reduced the execute modifier so it may not be a vMA bow nerf you should complain about.

Also Master staff is purely single target, vMA is AoE.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    It didnt really change much, they reduced the damage to 1s from 0.5s, increased the duration and doubled the effect of Thunderous Volley (vMA Bow set) but they did increase Poison Injection DoT and reduced the execute modifier so it may not be a vMA bow nerf you should complain about.

Also Master staff is purely single target, vMA is AoE.

So it takes longer time to provide the same damage , is it ?
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll care whenever I actually get a bow to drop. Otherwise.... :*

JUST KIDDING! You guys know I'm not like that. But this is the first I've seen of any real objection to this change or heard about it at all, so unclear as to whether it is going to be very disruptive or not.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a look in the PTS forums for the numbers. The Volley ability was nerfed, and the bow itself lost damage on top of that, more so for Arrow Barrage than for Hail. The issue is that you can’t just double numbers when you halve the ticks if the damage increases per tick. (There is a thread in the PTS forums explaining the math. You can also write it out yourself and compare to live.)

Even so, it’s hardly the biggest change coming with the next patch, so worth a look at everything. Single-target abilities are generally receiving buffs and AoEs are generally getting toned down.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going to stick with vMA after patch because AoE damage is still very important in trials.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skills are changing and the weapons aren’t performing as strongly because of the skill changes. The knives were halved in power in favor of an easier rotation. The bow will now lose to the masters bow by about 3k dps as a Asiangod has shown in tests. Master bow also has an easier rotation for upkeep. It’s just sad for the people that actually spent months to get these weapons.
    Edited by Austinseph1 on July 31, 2019 5:24AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skills are changing and the weapons aren’t performing as strongly because of the skill changes. The knives were halved in power in favor of an easier rotation. The bow will now lose to the masters bow by about 3k dps as a Asiangod has shown in tests. Master bow also has an easier rotation for upkeep. It’s just sad for the people that actually spent months to get these weapons.

Yes, Volley was toned down significantly, in line with AoEs in general this patch. Part of that involved halving the frequency of the ticks for that skill. They claim to have doubled the Thunderous Volley set bonus (i.e. the vma bow) to compensate, without apparently realizing that halving the ticks of Volley requires much more than doubling the incremental bonus of Thunderous Volley. (As was shown in the PTS forum, it requires a quadratic, not a linear, increase.) So on top of the loss of Volley dps, the bow per se has lost 14% of its damage for Endless Hail and much more for Barrage, iirc, independently of the Volley skill. In other words, both the skill and the bow produce less damage independently. The skill was intentionally toned down, but the developers have not acknowledged whether they intended to lower the damage of the bow itself as well or whether this is a mathematical error.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, guys. One week everyone is complaining they are too OP for the game.
    They nerf damage a bit.
    And you're all still complaining ?