Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elemental Succession Changes

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
So far, the changes have all been good for this set (thank you!) but currently it feels like a multipurpose and slightly stronger netch's touch/silks of the sun/ysgramors birthright.

Please try to maintain this set's uniqueness. As it stands in .3, it's simply a generic and more powerful replacement for those three sets on their relevant builds.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A more powerful version with potential to be used front bar on certain builds but doesn’t buff the new universal dots of soul trap or entropy. Sounds interesting. Needs testing.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, the changes have all been good for this set (thank you!) but currently it feels like a multipurpose and slightly stronger netch's touch/silks of the sun/ysgramors birthright.

Please try to maintain this set's uniqueness. As it stands in .3, it's simply a generic and more powerful replacement for those three sets on their relevant builds.

thats what I was thinking, its a virtual 100% uptime on all buffs. Basically gives you 550 spell dmg to all three elemental types just by casting force pulse.

Glimpsing at my DK at that point..
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem like it could be a new bis to replace spell strategist/burning spellweave/mother’s sorrow when in combat against multiple targets, at least for some classes without much/any magic damage (e.g., magdk, possibly magcro). Maybe some of those other sets could be buffed to a similar level for their respective element or provide extra regular spell damage in addition to a massive boost to a particular element. But I’m definitely excited to try out the new ES.
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Necro would make good use of it too, no class abilities in a standard setup do Magic Damage.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

thats what I was thinking, its a virtual 100% uptime on all buffs. Basically gives you 550 spell dmg to all three elemental types just by casting force pulse.

My thoughts too on the dk. If any class can use it then it’s going to be mag dk or mag necro.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds good on paper, 550 Spell Damage for each element, lasting 4s, every 4s. I’m not sure it will be great in practice though. Depending on class, a lot of damage is from the Magic type: Soul Trap, Entropy, Crystal Frags, Curse, Radiant Oppression, Blazing Spear, Assassins Will, Cripple, Twisting Path, Deep Fissure, Swarm, Eternal Guardian, etc.

I guess we’ll have to test it to know for sure. It may come down to how the uptimes work if it’s on front bar only. Would need to be pretty high to compete with sets like Spell Strat or Siroria.

I do agree that Netch, Sun, and War Maiden are all hopelessly underpowered. Maybe next balance patch...
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could be the best trash mob set to run with false gods for some classes. Most aoe damage skills have an elemental damage type.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to go test this right now on my dk....
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qgkoec84rd6u.png

Cooldown is 5 seconds but :
    Reduced the cooldown to 4 seconds from 8.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to testing this, but, R.I.P

@ZOS_GinaBruno halp
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qgkoec84rd6u.png

Sounds like exactly the same thing that happened to Spell Strat a few months ago.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qgkoec84rd6u.png

Sounds like exactly the same thing that happened to Spell Strat a few months ago.

yep I tested that patch too =_=
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    From my testing on Magcro I’ve been getting anywhere between 58-70% uptimes on each elemental proc. With an average in the mid 60% range
    Prior to this PTS patch I’ve been runing bsw because this set was broken on Necromancer where you couldn’t summon Mage half the time when the set did proc. Now that it’s fixed I’ve been testing away.
    Edited by FatelessLava on July 30, 2019 1:44AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So is this a good set after patched ?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently in it's broken state it's okay, if they change the cooldown to be correct, it should be a good set
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

Just think the other side of losing buff to Magicka Damage.

This set seems fine for particular builds and shall not nerf or will be trashed again.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Silks of the Sun.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks good, but not overwhelming. It does not proc on ground aoes, only direct damage.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP Silks of the Sun.

Why RIP if you can combine
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally something to replace siroria in extremely mobile fights on my mDK. And if you say that it limits because of entropy and soul trap, you are right, but also scalding rune and flame reach exist.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    It looks good, but not overwhelming. It does not proc on ground aoes, only direct damage.

Really? That makes it pretty worthless unless you’re a DK then. Direct lightning and frost damage is hard to come by in a PvE build.
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait.... so a possible 1500 damage increase from all 3 active elements o_O
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Correct, but keep in mind once it procs the damage buff applies to AOE skills ...
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not very good at math I see
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not very good at math I see

Yep, someone hasn’t read the natch potes yet ...
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    RIP Silks of the Sun.

Well, in that case RIP BSW ;).

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magdk entropy is back bar and a dot so... Doesn't actually matter because ele succession should be frontbar only.

Soul trap I don't use.

Would love to test this set hopefully zos fixes it soon >.>

For BSW it's still usable and nice, it applies burning which is a nice DoT and is good for combustion passives, however, bsw been dead for awhile compared to MS or SS in PvE, I don't even talk PvP because you can do so much weird *** but honestly crafty alfiq is better between the two.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Silks of the Sun.
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    RIP Silks of the Sun.

Well, in that case RIP BSW ;).

Nah still can combine. All 3 are gonna be viable.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t magic damage attacks become the element of the destruction staff you’re using? I was never clear on how this works.

I was thinking it’s a reason to not go 2h on a magicka class.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 12:59PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Don’t magic damage attacks become the element of the destruction staff you’re using? I was never clear on how this works.

No. Magic damage is just magic damage, the 4th element. You have fire damage, frost damage, ice damage, lightning damage and magic damage. Magic damage is basically the equivalent of physical damage. Literally no added bonuses.

This set doesn’t affect magic damage, therefore is not that good for sorc and magblade off the top of my head.