Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Top 3 Worst PvP Changes

Hashtag_
Hashtag_
✭✭✭✭✭
1) The artifact weapon

In theory this was a cool idea but it honestly just puts more stress on the servers and creates more lag. Allows for faction stacking to zerg a map down and destroys pvp.

2) Reintroducing Faction Locks

What more needs to be said that hasn’t already

3) Bridge/Mile gate changes

No one ever asked for this change and was implemented for lord knows why. Creates bigger stacks and hurts server performance at these points.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove faction lock. It is suffocating an already dieing platform.

If you want to incentivize players to play an underdog faction, and thereby promote healthy faction population balance, target that specifically. Maybe an overpowered zerg busting mechanic that is only accessible to the underdog faction of a campaign. just spit balling.

but please, please - REMOVE the faction lock.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah take away faction lock, I support it
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction lock has substantially decreased the population on my platform. On top of that the campaigns are absurdly unbalanced now.
    Also the change where you could siege gates and bridges is the dumbest crap ever.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought tying interrupt to stun immunity was one of the worst changes.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Volendrung !! i think its a brilliant dynamic idea. - needs a bit of a tweek, but everything dose.
    More dynamics to pvp is never bad.

When the game came out, factions were locked and i was disapointed and kind of annoyed when they took faction lock out..
    However so much time has gone on and players including myself have made toons to play on other alliances in the same campaigns, and now we cant... So for that reason i'm against the current faction lock.

I love the destroyable bridges

Currently HATE the tank meta! and the progressively worse LAG
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on July 30, 2019 12:38PM
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    How is pvdoor dynamic? Thats all the hammer is. But good thing they nerfed the dmg by 10k... takes one more hit
    next patch to take a wall down #balance
    Edited by Scritchel on July 30, 2019 1:05PM
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are exactly the 3 things I would pick, too. Good post.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of those 3, I would take way faction locks. This is actually the only good thing that happened to Cyro. If would replace that with something different, like slow but steady removal of class identity.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    What about the NA lag, server stability or lack of, making the game unplayable. Surely that's the worst.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    What about the NA lag, server stability or lack of, making the game unplayable. Surely that's the worst.

Can’t do nothing about lag but I chose these 3 because they were dev created issues.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The removal of dynamic ultigen which empowered smaller groups to fight larger groups.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Faction lock has substantially decreased the population on my platform. On top of that the campaigns are absurdly unbalanced now.

Yup. As predicted straight away, by a number of people.

I told the muppets who were cheering it on they were actually cheering the sound of nails getting hammered into the coffin, but nooooo, their roleplay was more important than the health of the game. Plus, you know, spies!!! (lol).

Tap, tap, tap....
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    1) The artifact weapon

In theory this was a cool idea but it honestly just puts more stress on the servers and creates more lag. Allows for faction stacking to zerg a map down and destroys pvp.

2) Reintroducing Faction Locks

What more needs to be said that hasn’t already

3) Bridge/Mile gate changes

No one ever asked for this change and was implemented for lord knows why. Creates bigger stacks and hurts server performance at these points.

Agreed 100% the weapon just causes more free o tics. Just making ranks more irrelevant and each keep so laggy you blue screen. And good luck trying to respawn before they get to the keep... cuz you won’t make it out of the load screen.

Also why even give us a warning when the weapon is gonna spawn? It makes people just camp it
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl...I didn't think I would agree with this post when I clicked on it...I agree with all three though. The faction stacks are bad this patch. The bridges serve no purpose than to *** me off. Poor AD though...ep/dc both have a way to bypass a broken bridge...AD has the bad side of one gate and a bridge that cant be crossed on the other
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zone chat should be in there.

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • The hammer could be a great idea but it needs to be reworked a little bit.
    • Why dont you go play to the campaign without faction lock ?
    • Destructible gates and bridges are good for strategy and stop zergs.
    I can't be agree with all your points except about the hammer which need a serious rework.

Edited by Xarc on August 1, 2019 8:21PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung is 100% a dealbreaker for me. It doesn't belong in PVP. There is no change that can make it right.

One of the most broken things about Cyrodiil since launch is that the strongest faction gains advantages that compound its strength through elements like scroll/keep bonuses, emp, and Volendrung. It creates a snowball. It's just bad game design for PVP, period.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    I can't be agree with all your points except about the hammer which need a serious rework.
    Let me know which vet 30 day CP campaign doesn't have faction lock and I will play it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bridges/gates only hold the zergs there longer than the old days. Which creates faction stacks around those points. You see it all the time at each point. The alternate routes are so far out of the way that strategically it makes no sense to take them as another keel could be taken in the time it takes you to get around. It’s not a good change at all.

You mean the 7 day campaign that has population maybe once a week? No thank you
    Edited by Hashtag_ on August 1, 2019 9:58PM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Volendrung is 100% a dealbreaker for me. It doesn't belong in PVP. There is no change that can make it right.

...the most broken things about Cyrodiil since launch is that the strongest faction gains advantages that compound its strength through elements like scroll/keep bonuses, emp, and Volendrung. It creates a snowball. It's just bad game design for PVP, period.

100% agree!!

Edited by Enkil on August 1, 2019 10:10PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 Love faction lock. TY

Sounds like it affected console much more.
    PC is dealing very well.
    Edited by dtsharples on August 1, 2019 11:13PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    <3 Love faction lock. TY

Sounds like it affected console much more.
    PC is dealing very well.

Rubbish. Oceanic PvP is worse than it's been for over a year.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Agree 100%

2. Agree 100%, strange gimmick. Had fun getting like 50 kills in a minute with it yesterday though.

3. I kinda like, means you can attempt to stop enemies from PvDooring your back keeps. I.e on AD we always destroy the 2 bridges besides Alessia, and destroy that if EP zerg on its way. There is an indestructible bridge to use if you really want to PvDoor, just out the way.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes haha, play on the campaign where a whole 5 people are in, maybe youll meet an enemy player in a whole afternoons worth of gameplay.
    You pro-faction lock people really dont want to face the reality huh?
    Youre always comming up with the same 3 arguments over and over.
    And no, people dont play 30 day faction locked because they like faction lock, they play it because its the only campaign that has a decent population, and it has a decent population because it is the first campaign you can click on, but that probably is already too hard to process for you fellas.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on August 2, 2019 9:44AM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be empty if you whiny fukrs moved to the 7 day and stopped making ridiculous posts on the forum.
    There is no argument against this. You have the means, you have the opportunity, make it happen.
    It's been months now and you are still crying over the same shiz. My God! Make a change if a change is what you want.
    YOU need to be the change, the 90% of people who are fine with faction locks aren't going to help you.
    Change doesn't happen by sitting on your ass, get up, recruit and persuade. Put your argument together and start converting people.
    Who do you think is going to hand you this on a plate?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    It wouldn't be empty if you whiny fukrs moved to the 7 day and stopped making ridiculous posts on the forum.
    There is no argument against this. You have the means, you have the opportunity, make it happen.
    It's been months now and you are still crying over the same shiz. My God! Make a change if a change is what you want.
    YOU need to be the change, the 90% of people who are fine with faction locks aren't going to help you.
    Change doesn't happen by sitting on your ass, get up, recruit and persuade. Put your argument together and start converting people.
    Who do you think is going to hand you this on a plate?

People do all of that but then pro-lock ignorants come in like OMG JUST GO TO 7-DAY PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW.
    Good discussion.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it so the hammer can’t be picked up by a faction with the emperor buff.

I like all the other changes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support fraction lock but Volendrung is just garbage

fix the performance ffs,instead adding more lag to a already laggy environment,wtf logic is this?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »

That's not a "change" that's always been around. :D
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagreed with the faction lock at the start, but after seeing the first 3 campaigns, I'm agreeing with it more.

I don't like Volendrung. It seems to totally unbalance the map more than it balances it.
    Beta tester November 2013