Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Top 3 Worst PvP Changes

• Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Before faction lock I was usually ranked at 1000-1500 this time of year.

With faction lock, I'm in the top 200. That is how many people aren't playing pvp now.

FYI, PC NA server.
    Edited by Delimber on August 7, 2019 12:11AM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »

With faction lock, I'm in the top 200. That is how many people aren't playing pvp now.

FYI, PC NA server.

Part of that is because people that used to be able to flip-flop can't any more. Probably at least half that difference.

Also there are people that have not put the campaign as home so they don't count in the leaderboard
    Edited by Katahdin on August 7, 2019 1:15PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the deer
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    I miss the deer

Gone but never forgotten </3
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%. The lag caused by the artifact just makes me log off.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

FYI, PC NA server.

I think there may be a bug with the leaderboards. All my geode characters, despite having AP from 100k to 300k all have the same rank.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

FYI, PC NA server.

I think there may be a bug with the leaderboards. All my geode characters, despite having AP from 100k to 300k all have the same rank.

I've been wondering about that, I'm only playing on weekends so I shouldn't be in the top 200 (164 overall on Sunday).
    Katahdin wrote: »

FYI, PC NA server.

Part of that is because people that used to be able to flip-flop can't any more. Probably at least half that difference.

Also there are people that have not put the campaign as home so they don't count in the leaderboard

Never thought about how not marking the campaign as home might impact the standings. Thanks.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stam healing changes are stacking up to be pretty awful...
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love all of them, thank you ZOS
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I also think not being able to queue to another campaign unless you leave Cyrodiil is a rotten change, too. Not top 3, but very annoying.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread should be Top 10 worst PvP changes lol.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the hammer is the strongest group at the time ends up with it. Maybe when the original person who picked it up dies it returns to oblivion, no being picked up by anyone else.

The bridges are OK, really what is the point of destroying them they can be repaired in a minute. Mile gates should be like bridges down or up, one way passable is dumb.

Don't care about faction lock one way or another, it changes very little.

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the milegate and bridge changes would have been better if instead of completely cutting off access through the passage it just limited it and choked people tighter for risk of bombings what we have atm is annoying more than anything
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quite like the hammer, it mixes things up a bit, but it needs to have a "hard" timer on it. Factions are running around with it for an hour plus.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammer and faction lock end up making pvp one sided. Hammer causes a faction stack that is nearly unstoppable and just pvdoors because no one wants to defend against the overpowered hammer ult.

Faction lock is really bad on PC NA. All I want is pvp and during the early AM hours AD has 3 bar while other factions have 2 or 1 bar. I typically can't find anyone to fight and since I can't change to red or blue I just log out. The entire intent of faction lock was to stop people from swapping to the winning faction, but it also prevents people like me from swapping to the losing or low population faction. It's like a game of battlefield but without team balancing when one side has more players. No one wants to constantly fight 32 vs 16.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on August 18, 2019 1:17PM
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know faction lock has screwed the game..

when there are more people fishing in Artaeum than there are in PvP.

fishing.png
    Edited by hamgatan on August 19, 2019 2:20AM
    PC / NA - 1250 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit StamDK PvE DPS 76k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA Potato PetSorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically, the hammer isn't the be-all-and-end-all when it comes up. Yes it makes a person difficult to kill, however they had better hope they have some damn good healers, aren't up against anyone capable of using siege to basic effectiveness, and I swear yesterday I came 5% off ganking the damn thing on my nightblade. It's fun, exciting, and changes things up a bit - although I would settle for a hard cap on the timer.

Faction lock, for me, has had a benefit on the game. This is not the case for everyone and I acknowledge that my perspective is 100% biased. I've never been a faction swapper so I don't get the appeal, but I'm sure there is one. What I do remember, however, is trolls flipping to my faction so they can grab a scroll we were trying to take and redeliver it to the enemy. This happened multiple times over and over, and similar things occurred too. People flipping to camp out at every keep that was taken, and resource trading after pop died down for the day, so they could hold emp on our faction, preventing others from doing so.

Bridges and Mile Gates are a positive addition strategically. It just makes sense to be able to destroy them if you can destroy a keep, and besides, there are other routes around with goat trails and the like.
    Edited by Cernunnos55 on August 19, 2019 10:03AM
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the silly hammer artifact, moreso because I'm fairly certain ZOS plans on introducing MORE of these ridiculous things in the future (thanks to a hint by Sheogorath).

I am glad to see the faction lock return. It has mitigated some of the egregious trollish behavior.

I like the mile gates and bridges, but it should be as difficult to rebuild them as it is to destroy them. I do not like how long it takes to destroy when it takes a few paltry minutes to repair it to the point where it can be crossed.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast time on ultimates.

DoT meta

Still no performance fix and still bugged abilities.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well I understand the changes about VIGOR , but I dont think it's a good idea.
    It's my feeling, it may still be too early to say it, we'll see..
    Edited by Xarc on August 19, 2019 9:58AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I hate about the new bridges? The fact that they removed all those nice levels underneath it, all the interesting arches, the narrow pavements, the dangerous slaughterfish crossings, the los corners. All those are gone. All that's left is a flat no man's zone that completely killed the potential gameplay in those locations and can't possibly compare to the vertical level design of the old ones.
    I understand that they wanted to decongest those locations to increase server performance (lol), but here's an idea. How about, instead of cutting corners off of your product, you actually invest in a bigger box to place it in*?
    I also don't mind the artifact weapons although I do think they need a lot of work. The old gap closer change was way worse than the artifact. You know, the one that broke gap closers and helped us discover the upside down Cyrodiil!

*The box is a metaphor for server. Fix the server, really.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil used to be an openworld where several fun stuff, pvpand non-pvp, happened. Now its just boring large groups. Stopped playing cyro since faction locks, thus never encountered artifacts yet.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The hammer spawned for DC a few minutes ago with DC having both 1st place and highest points per hour.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hammer spawned for DC a few minutes ago with DC having both 1st place and highest points per hour.

Can't WAIT for more of these broken "artifacts" to show up [blatant sarcasm].
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammer and faction lock end up making pvp one sided. Hammer causes a faction stack that is nearly unstoppable and just pvdoors because no one wants to defend against the overpowered hammer ult.

That's when you can make a quick strike somewhere else on the map. I've stolen scrolls back whilst all the serglings were chasing the hammer around, a group of 10 players then ran it from Alessia to blue north gate across a map which was 50% yellow at the time, and encountered minimal resistance.

Play smart.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bridges and Mile Gates are a positive addition strategically. It just makes sense to be able to destroy them if you can destroy a keep, and besides, there are other routes around with goat trails and the like.

Agreed.
    I played as EP exclusively, and it was a HUGE boon to be able to hold off the incessant smurf zerging towards Chal by smashing the milegates and keeping them smashed.
    When we were outnumbered, it was sometimes best to have 2-3 players stationed at the 3 milegates, keeping them UA at all times.

On AD side it was even better. Frequently some geniuses would think it's a good idea to push the bananas at Alessia, when they were already in 3rd place - a few thousand points behind 2nd place - and the smurfs had most of the scrolls too.
    Solution? Easy, just siege the bridge down and no one can cross, or even repair it while it's being attacked.

But yes, I agree that the milegates take WAY too little time to repair.
    Once I was alone at Chal milegate, keeping it under attack, with an angry smurf zerg on the other side. Needed to relocate my siege because of enemy fire.

In the time it took me to heal back up, pack up my ballista, sprint a few dozen meters and deploy it again, the enemies have already repaired the milegate almost to the point of being passable again (whole zerg constantly trying to repair) - which is ludicrous, since it takes quite some time to get it smashed in the first place.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Lighting patch
    2. Lighting patch
    3. Lighting patch
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys get to play the game? Usually I just CTD or Get disconnected back to login everytime I take a step in cyrodiil:) Please teach me how to walk around in the game...
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    1) The artifact weapon

In theory this was a cool idea but it honestly just puts more stress on the servers and creates more lag. Allows for faction stacking to zerg a map down and destroys pvp.

2) Reintroducing Faction Locks

What more needs to be said that hasn’t already

3) Bridge/Mile gate changes

No one ever asked for this change and was implemented for lord knows why. Creates bigger stacks and hurts server performance at these points.

So pretty much everything ZOS has done for Cyrodiil since launch ... nice track record.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know what these are, but the changes that caused Cyrodiil to have disastrous performance issues are the worse.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--