Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will flame skull also be buffed to compete with force shock?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
In Scalebreaker, force shock damage is increased by 11%, but will flame skull be given the same treatment?

Flame skull is already worse than force pulse on live so there isn't any real reason to use it in PvP other than the slight increased crit chance it gives to low health targets.

However, if its competition gets increased by 11% damage, flame skull is dead and obsolete - just another nail in the coffin for the necromancer's underperforming abilities.

Futhermore, this ability also suffers from slow projectiles, which should also be addressed, and it would also be nice to see a fix for the bouncing 3rd cast, which does not trigger/work in PvP as soon as there is a handful players in the same area.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My force pulse tooltip is still slighty lower than elemental weapons and flame skull. The only thing making force pulse better, is that it has 10% penetration.

I think force pulse needed a slight boost, even though I will still not be using it again, still not good enough. Flame Skull is just as boring of course.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    My force pulse tooltip is still slighty lower than elemental weapons and flame skull. The only thing making force pulse better, is that it has 10% penetration.

I think force pulse needed a slight boost, even though I will still not be using it again, still not good enough. Flame Skull is just as boring of course.

actually, force pulse is good in pvp because it comes out almost instantly. it helps you get better burst as a necro. something flame skull can't do due to it's projectile speed. when i swapped to it, my dps instantly felt better.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    In Scalebreaker, force shock damage is increased by 11%, but will flame skull be given the same treatment?

Flame skull is already worse than force pulse on live so there isn't any real reason to use it in PvP other than the slight increased crit chance it gives to low health targets.

However, if its competition gets increased by 11% damage, flame skull is dead and obsolete - just another nail in the coffin for the necromancer's underperforming abilities.

Futhermore, this ability also suffers from slow projectiles, which should also be addressed, and it would also be nice to see a fix for the bouncing 3rd cast, which does not trigger/work in PvP as soon as there is a handful players in the same area.

tbh i think they just need to buff it's travel speed. It's not like the "dive speed increase" nerf, because it doesn't seem to combo into blastbones very well due to blastbones unpredictable nature. so this should actually be a buff.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main issue with Flame skull is how iffy it is to weave. Half the time when I press a light attack after casting it, the light attack just doesn't go off and I end up casting back-to-back Flame Skulls instead, which obviously drops DPS and causes sustain issues (since my absorb Magicka enchant won't be proccing if the light attack doesn't go off, and with Degeneration relying on light attacks next patch as well). I'm really tempted to just switch it out for the generic and boring Force Shock, just so I can ease the clunkiness of the Necromancer rotation.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Force Pulse was always a bit expensive and underwhelming. It needed a buff.

I agree with speeding up the non-buffed skulls, but the big double handed skull should probably stay slower.
    Playing since beta...