Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

A look at Medium VS Light, some suggestions.

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Going to directly compare Medium to Light since Heavy isn't as easily comparable and I feel the passives are in a good place for Heavy. There are other things at play that may or may not support a Heavy Meta in PVP.

Sneak Cost -7% and Sneak Detection Range -5% per piece.
VS
363 Spell Resist per piece.
  • Move the Sneak passive to Thieves guild for everyone, preferably tied to a line of passive "Morphs" so people have the option of more sneak or something else like more healing as just an example, if EVERYONE had the same passive active 24/7 then you might as well redo sneaking without passives.
  • Replace Sneak with Crit Resistance as I've seen some suggest, something low like 100 per piece which means LA and HA can get some use out the passive.
  • MA offers Higher Resistance within each piece, the LA passive merely helps bridge that gap, while still providing less Physical Resistance than MA. Makes sense themetically between the two.
  • Edit: LA should offer more than only Half of the same HA passive, fits the theme of LA and helps propel the Spell Resistance past MA. Maybe 500 per piece.

About 1.5% weapon crit per piece. (7.5% [5], 9% [6], 10.5% [7])
VS
10% Spell Crit in 5 pieces.
  • LA offers more crit for less pieces, rewarding 5/1/1 and cutting off spell crit from MA and HA. Why doesn't MA do the same? I'll happily drop 0.5% crit only applicable in PVE, for +2.5% crit in any combination of armor.

Stam Reg +4% and Stam Cost -2% per MA piece
VS
Mag Reg +4% and Mag Cost -2% per LA piece
  • HA: Stam Regen requires stat investment, no benefits to Mag Regen used for most of our utility skills, this is what makes HA with Constitution very strong in comparison.
  • LA: Stam Regen is not 100% active during combat due to mechanics like block/dodge roll/sprint. Please rethink this mechanic, maybe 50% stam regen in those states, adjust block cost accordingly. This would be a slight buff to LA that relies on basic Stam Regen to do these basic maneuvers with a small pool.
  • Stamina skills by design have -15% cost reduction applied in calculation either through a passive or in the skill itself. With the change to cost reduction being multiplicative instead of additive this patch, cost reduction for MA has quicker diminishing returns and every MA build takes a small sustain hit here.

Sprint Speed +3% and Roll Dodge Cost -4% per piece.
VS
Sprint Cost -3% and Snare Effectiveness -4% per piece.
  • 3% Sprint Speed should be changed to 2% Movement speed. Sprint does not help in active combat and is easily capped. This would further support MA relying on mobility, LOS and Dodge Roll as their defense. LA and HA can earn 2/4% movement speed from this passive.
  • Sprint Cost and Snare Effectiveness are undervalued for the sake of matching numbers. Snare Effectiveness should be changed to additive instead of multiplicative. It currently works as 50% * 0.8 = 40%. I would propose a change to 50% - 20% = 30%. Do the same for the Warden passive.
  • Sprint Cost Reduction could be increased in value to 4 or 5%, Mag builds have lesser pools, allowing them to run a little longer won't hurt anyone.
  • Edit: LA could use -4% Break Free cost per piece, once again helps manage their pool better.

15% Weapon Damage in 5 pieces.
VS
4884 Spell Penetration in 5 pieces.
  • I think for the most part, this is pretty balanced between the 2. MA is rewarded by stacking WPD, requires investment, but can scale. Spell Penetration is nice because it opens up build diversity.
  • Using Mundus Stones as a scale here: LA has Spell Pen which is 1.775 times stronger than Lover, 238 Weapon Damage from Warrior multiplied by 1.775 = 422. For 15% to equal 422, you need 2813 Weapon Damage BEFORE any multipliers. I have yet to test how easy that is to reach, but I'm assuming 3 Jewelry, Gold Weapon, 1 Damage Set and Infused Damage Enchant would go above this milestone, but I could be wrong. The 12% before definitely felt undervalued and it's now in a good place.
Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2019 1:42AM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2% Movement speed.

yes
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    2% Movement speed.

yes

Nice sig, 1 day brother, 1 day. :'(
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak and sneak detection is the only thing I would change because it's only really viable in thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and some pvp builds. Changing to crit resistance would be terrible because it would only effect pvp content. I'm not sure what a good option would be. Increase max stam by 2% per piece? Provide resistance to spell effects (burning, chill, shock)?...

If they made sneaking a viable play style in endgame (PVE and PVP), I would he okay with leaving MA alone.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sneak and sneak detection is the only thing I would change because it's only really viable in thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and some pvp builds. Changing to crit resistance would be terrible because it would only effect pvp content. I'm not sure what a good option would be. Increase max stam by 2% per piece? Provide resistance to spell effects (burning, chill, shock)?...

If they made sneaking a viable play style in endgame (PVE and PVP), I would he okay with leaving MA alone.

It's fine if it only affects pvp, that's sort of the point. Health Regen isn't very useful in pve for HA and Sprint Cost Reduction/Snare Reduction isn't very useful for LA.

Resistance to status effects is kind of a cool idea, but I feel it's too big of a direct counter to Mag builds and MA frankly doesn't need it right now.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d agree with this. The one other thing is that LA and HA can dip into more medium passives than MA can take from the LA/HA passives. I think this should be changed. No reason why LA and HA should be able to capitalize on MA passives while already being the better armor types.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I’d agree with this. The one other thing is that LA and HA can dip into more medium passives than MA can take from the LA/HA passives. I think this should be changed. No reason why LA and HA should be able to capitalize on MA passives while already being the better armor types.

Exactly.

My proposition is for MA/LA to both have 5 piece for 10% crit. This would nerf Stam HA Meta slightly too.

Light Armor:
    Sprint Cost, Snare Effectiveness
    Mag Cost, Mag Regen
    Spell Resist
    Spell Crit 10% (5 Pieces)
    Spell Penetration (5 Pieces)

Medium Armor:
    Movement Speed, Roll Dodge Cost
    Sta Cost, Sta Regen
    Crit Resist
    Weapon Crit 10% (5 Pieces)
    Weapon Damage 15% (5 Pieces)

Heavy Armor:
    HP%
    HP regen and Sta/Mag Return
    Physical/Spell Resist
    Healing Received (5 Pieces)
    Heavy Attack Sustain (5 Pieces)
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 29, 2019 9:06PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Exactly.

My proposition is for MA/LA to both have 5 piece for 10% crit. This would nerf Stam HA Meta slightly too.

Light Armor:
    Sprint Cost, Snare Cost
    Mag Cost, Mag Regen
    Spell Resist
    Spell Crit 10% (5 Pieces)
    Spell Penetration (5 Pieces)

Medium Armor:
    Movement Speed, Roll Dodge Cost
    Sta Cost, Sta Regen
    Crit Resist
    Weapon Crit 10% (5 Pieces)
    Weapon Damage 15% (5 Pieces)

Heavy Armor:
    HP%
    HP regen and Sta/Mag Return
    Physical/Spell Resist
    Healing Received (5 Pieces)
    Heavy Attack Sustain (5 Pieces)

This would be legit the best way to go. Only thing left to be looked at in Armor skill lines is the Heavy Armor active ability. They tried...but no one will use it! HA Active needs something unique - not a buff that every class has access to (Sorry NB's but you get it passively through your spammable which should still be moved to another tree).
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with your analysis. Changing the way you get crit, replacing sprint speed with general movement speed, and replacing the sneak passives with some other bonus (crit resist would be nice to add more well fitted pieces).

All of those would be fantastic. One thing to note is that the sprint speed increase forces many instances where one hits the speed cap rather easily with sprint but being nowhere close without sprinting.

An increase on the sprint cost reduction for light armor would go a long way as well. The way that snare reduction works is extremely ineffective. An additive function, instead of multiplicative would be fantastic.

Great post
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Considering the whole Stamina DD vs Magicka DD gap, and you even want to IMPROVE stamina?

I mean, and i repeat it.

Seriously?

Geez if you want a balanced whole, dont start by the ONLY thing where mag is better than stamina right now, armour passives...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Considering the whole Stamina DD vs Magicka DD gap, and you even want to IMPROVE stamina?

I mean, and i repeat it.

Seriously?

Geez if you want a balanced whole, dont start by the ONLY thing where mag is better than stamina right now, armour passives...

You didn't really read it did you. Plus stamina =/= Medium Armor, most Stamina builds killing you in pvp are Heavy.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Move the Sneak passive to Thieves guild for everyone, preferably tied to a line of passive "Morphs" so people have the option of more sneak or something else like more healing as just an example, if EVERYONE had the same passive active 24/7 then you might as well redo sneaking without passives.
    [*] Replace Sneak with Crit Resistance as I've seen some suggest, something low like 100 per piece which means LA and HA can get some use out the passive.

Yes ++

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

I mean, and i repeat it.

Seriously?

You didn't really read it did you. Plus stamina =/= Medium Armor, most Stamina builds killing you in pvp are Heavy.

He was obviously talking about PvE, where none of this is true.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, i read it. Mostly asking for taking Sneak out and replacing it for crit resistance, meaning zero use for PvE (ofc thinking about pvp but game has pve also. Sneak has both uses in pvp and pve and thematically is fit with medium armour), and getting more crit. Oh, and 15% WD on latter stages is better than the LA penetration, but in this case, it´s "balanced".

I read a petition from a stamina user to get improved, that is. It is fair if stamina was in bad place, but luckly for all our stamina toons, is quite the opposite. Stamina rules in PvE and will fare kinda well after heavy armor nerfs, will probably rule PvP aswell.

Again. Ask for buffs when your class/stat is weak. Right now, this looks ridiculous. More powa! yeah!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Seriously?

I mean, and i repeat it.

Seriously?

He was obviously talking about PvE, where none of this is true.

Maybe, but I didn't mention anything that makes Medium better in pve to Light. I honestly think they didn't read anything because I went over buffs for Light Armor too.

Edit: They did read it, alright.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 29, 2019 9:39PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Light Armor buff was to add 1% or 2% to sprint cost. Wow. Nice. Oh yeah, and to add stamina regen while blocking/dodging trying to "improve" the small pool... ok, that was hilarious. Just count the times one LA/mag dodge, and the times the MA/stamina does it...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, i read it. Mostly asking for taking Sneak out and replacing it for crit resistance, meaning zero use for PvE (ofc thinking about pvp but game has pve also. Sneak has both uses in pvp and pve and thematically is fit with medium armour), and getting more crit. Oh, and 15% WD on latter stages is better than the LA penetration, but in this case, it´s "balanced".

I read a petition from a stamina user to get improved, that is. It is fair if stamina was in bad place, but luckly for all our stamina toons, is quite the opposite. Stamina rules in PvE and will fare kinda well after heavy armor nerfs, will probably rule PvP aswell.

Again. Ask for buffs when your class/stat is weak. Right now, this looks ridiculous. More powa! yeah!
    I pve and pvp too, a passive for only pvp is fine by the games standards. To me, the sneak passive does nothing for pve currently anyway. It's just another pvp/rp passive. I proposed it should be available to everyone, but tied to a choice between other passives so not every build would use it. Maybe with an updated CP system designed around just Nodes instead of the stat bonuses could offer it.

You can say what you want about it being used for only Medium Armor or "Rouges" in RPGs, but that isn't really true to Elder Scrolls or this game for that matter. In past games you were able to use Spells to also improve sneak proficiency, Mag Nightblades are a thing in this game and they effectively can use cloak more than any Stamblade can. Look at CP which reduced Sneak Cost. There isn't any reason the passive should be exclusive to MA and it just weighs it down.

I have interests in both camps, that's why I felt LA needs changes too. If Stamina builds are ahead then ZOS should look at all aspects of the game, my changes to Medium Armor and Light Armor only make them stronger in comparison to Heavy and bring some much needed balance between the 2.

In a patch all about Audit's I believed it was worth mentioning the differences.

Like seriously, you think my only interest is Medium if I proposed to give Light the same access to Sneak passives, buffs to Snare and Sprint cost, as well as access to the 2 proposed changes I mentioned for Medium: Crit Resistance and Movement Speed per piece. I could of easily said those passives should be tied to a 5 piece bonus.

If you felt my small analysis(made it clear it requires in game testing) about the Pen vs Weapon Damage was off, feel free to dissect it.

You haven't really done anything to disprove my statements other than thinking I'm a Stamina Meta fanboy so I'd love for you to actually provide some constructive feedback instead of:

Thank you for proving some of my points.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Light Armor buff was to add 1% or 2% to sprint cost. Wow. Nice. Oh yeah, and to add stamina regen while blocking/dodging trying to "improve" the small pool... ok, that was hilarious. Just count the times one LA/mag dodge, and the times the MA/stamina does it...

Yeah, admittedly I play more Stamina then Magicka, so what do you feel would be better?

Maybe add Break free cost reduction to the sprint/snare passive for Light Armor. I think that's fair to help them manage their low pool better.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course i prove some of your points! As i said, this is the ONLY thing where mag has better things than stamina. Oh, and Bloody Mara which is again nerfed back, so that doesn´t count.

You´re not asking for standarization, you´re asking for balance. Maybe you try to compare with HA but what you did here was a simple LA vs MA comparison. Again, if both stats were balanced, id agree with you. In the current state of the things, we better should ask for magicka vigor, magicka relequen/lokke, magicka melee weapons, 15% cost mag reduction, general DPS output balanced which is not, etc etc...

By the way, one thing to wonder about. MA has a BIG advantage for the sake of it. Gives more armor (resists) than LA. Why? shouldn´t it be balanced, and equaled? I think you forgot that one.

Other games just balance things different. LA gives less protection but more buffs to damage/heal, MA gives medium protection and just medium buffs to damage/heal, HA gives the most protection but less buffs to damage/heal. That sounds way more balanced than most of your proposals, don´t you think?
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    My final point is. You´re in your own rights to ask for your armour buffs. You´re right asking for standarization on armours despite leaving HA out.

You have to understand that you will find few sympathy over the people whose mains play magicka, as this would widen the gap between stats. Ofc many stamina users will agree with you! And the buffs were doubled, they would find some reason to say it´s fair and loggical!

You cannot just take one aspect of the game in a vaccuum and find balance on it. Or at least, do it when there are so many unbalanced class design, lack of identity, etc etc issues right now, and expect people agree with you.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think medium is as bad as some make it out to be, but it does need a little love.

I like the idea of the movement speed buff.

I DO NOT like the idea of taking sneak bonuses away. Doesn't make sense to tie to TG from the way TG is designed or lock it behind a DLC and medium armor being sneaky is kind of an RPG thing. It's also useful in some areas of both PvE and PvP, just not useful in parsing.

They could also make some simple changes like putting a flat rate of weapon crit bonus of 2K for like 5 pcs of medium, this allows you to wear 1 LA/HA ea. pc for undaunted and still benefit from the full passive without feeling like you have to go all 7 medium. LA isn't trapped in this area as badly as medium is and that would actually match it to LA's design very evenly in that regard.

I also think the changes to evasion will make medium more desirable, we can't overlook that IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes too much sense. Won't happen. We need to over buff medium so we can nerf it harder in a future in order to make it weaker than it was before the buff.

Now that's more likely.
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still nobody wanting to think of us, healers (i'm only talking about the last 2 passives here) :
    - Spell Penetration is useless on a healer, whereas WD increases the efficiency of healing too
    - Crit is a bit more useful but since we have low crit chance and some source of increase crit like Minor Force don't apply on heals any more , and the fact we can't really rely on Crit Healing to keep somebody alive, it results that we have 1.25/1.5 useless passive on LA, whereas MA only have 0.25/0.5 useless passive (on a healer i mean)

The best solution would be having morphs of passive like skills, but it's not even a dream, neither an utopia, it's way past this point :*
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting much when I saw the title but I do like what I see from OP for the most part.

I am sympathetic to giving MA some crit resist but it might swing the pendulum too far, and stealth bonuses tied to medium armour is so lore bound, like every thief type character in the game wears MA.

I'd like to know what the real numbers are, if Zos tracks it, in terms of MA users in PvP. It certainly seems like most stam is heavy if you listen to people talk (complain), and it makes a lot of sense to run heavy. However next patch sees a lot of meta heavy sets nerfed, so maybe medium is already looking like a better option.

I really like the idea of a break free reduction for LA. I don't think there's any real benefit in sprint reduction for LA users, as they have such a small pool they won't be sprinting long anyway, nor would sprinting typically be part of an LA users typical playstyle. This works in PvE as well, as breaking free from CC happens in plenty of dungeons/trials.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think medium vs light isn’t the issue for the dps disparity been mag and stam. The issue is the destro staff passives sort of suck and weapon damage scaling vs max mag. Destro staff passives are the weakest damage passives on a weapon, which is why you get higher tooltips using S&B, 2H and DW.

If light attacks on weapons weren’t tied to either mag or stam depending on the weapon I don’t think any mag class would use destro staves.

Looking at destro passives:

WHILE USING A DESTRUCTION
    STAFF HEAVY ATTACK

DPS is based around light attack weaving

Allows your Destruction Staff spells to ignore 10% of an enemy's Spell Resistance only effects destruction staff abilities.

Increases your chance of afflicting enemies with Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects by 100%, good synergy with fire blockade but it’s not that good

Flame Staff increases your damage done with single target abilities by 8% which is the only decent passive.

Restores 3600 Magicka when you kill a target with a Destruction Staff spell or Weapon attack is limiting to destro staff abilities

Destro staff passives are more limited then other weapon skill passives because they mainly help destruction staff abilities.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 30, 2019 2:19AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still nobody wanting to think of us, healers (i'm only talking about the last 2 passives here) :
    - Spell Penetration is useless on a healer, whereas WD increases the efficiency of healing too
    - Crit is a bit more useful but since we have low crit chance and some source of increase crit like Minor Force don't apply on heals any more , and the fact we can't really rely on Crit Healing to keep somebody alive, it results that we have 1.25/1.5 useless passive on LA, whereas MA only have 0.25/0.5 useless passive (on a healer i mean)

The best solution would be having morphs of passive like skills, but it's not even a dream, neither an utopia, it's way past this point :*

Great point, thanks for bringing that up. Not sure how you could balance Healing in mind for Light Armor without a morph function. I'd like to see passive morph's as a thing, but I doubt that's in the cards, at least until they finish with their combat overhaul which will probably end with U25/CP in time for the next chapter.

Not sure what you can change in the current context of the game other than making healing skills, traits and passives only available to healer specs a bit overpowered than what a damage dealer has access to. Eg the Ritual Mundus stone or the Healing Done % trait on equipment.
    xaraan wrote: »
    I don't think medium is as bad as some make it out to be, but it does need a little love.

I like the idea of the movement speed buff.

I DO NOT like the idea of taking sneak bonuses away. Doesn't make sense to tie to TG from the way TG is designed or lock it behind a DLC and medium armor being sneaky is kind of an RPG thing. It's also useful in some areas of both PvE and PvP, just not useful in parsing.

They could also make some simple changes like putting a flat rate of weapon crit bonus of 2K for like 5 pcs of medium, this allows you to wear 1 LA/HA ea. pc for undaunted and still benefit from the full passive without feeling like you have to go all 7 medium. LA isn't trapped in this area as badly as medium is and that would actually match it to LA's design very evenly in that regard.

I also think the changes to evasion will make medium more desirable, we can't overlook that IMO.
    You're right, we should let things simmer and see how the next patch pans out. I'll personally try making MA work for me because Elude looks interesting, but there are some glaring issues with the Armor passive I felt I should highlight. Sneak passive is kind of low on the list of thing's I'd like changed with 5pc crit and Movement speed over Sprint speed as number 1.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think medium vs light isn’t the issue for the dps disparity been mag and stam. The issue is the destro staff passives sort of suck and weapon damage scaling vs max mag. Destro staff passives are the weakest damage passives on a weapon, which is why you get higher tooltips using S&B, 2H and DW.

If light attacks on weapons weren’t tied to either mag or stam depending on the weapon I don’t think any mag class would use destro staves.

Looking at destro passives:

WHILE USING A DESTRUCTION
    STAFF HEAVY ATTACK

DPS is based around light attack weaving

Allows your Destruction Staff spells to ignore 10% of an enemy's Spell Resistance only effects destruction staff abilities.

Increases your chance of afflicting enemies with Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects by 100%, good synergy with fire blockade but it’s not that good

Flame Staff increases your damage done with single target abilities by 8% which is the only decent passive.

Restores 3600 Magicka when you kill a target with a Destruction Staff spell or Weapon attack is limiting to destro staff abilities

Destro staff passives are more limited then other weapon skill passives because they mainly help destruction staff abilities.
    Agreed.

My post was mainly about PVP and the difference between the Armor passives and how they should be adjusted, not the overall state of Mag vs Sta in PVE DPS, but for anyone with that concern, I'd agree with your point.

2H, Bow and Destruction Staves all need reworks to their passives.

Frankly a new Weapon for Melee Magicka is high on my wish list or something like a hybrid skill line with Spell Book in 1 hand and Totem in the other.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor Passive Skills should be rebuild.