The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No healing changes are in store for us?

jerrodbuffington
jerrodbuffington
✭✭✭
Nefas said the healing changes was boring on the easier stuff, and insufficient in the harder content.

He went on to say that those on his level of play will be mostly not affected and will adapt. They will still be able to accomplish the hardest achievments in the game.

In another post you guys mentioned that the use of defensive ultimate should be used, as well as defensive sets in place of pure dmg setups..

My main question is why do you guys insist on making players like me struggle more.. I have yet to complete vss without our templars using defensive ultimates. I commonly use defensive monster sets in almost all of the content as well as my freinds who play. If these healing changes go live, how will we complete the harder content? This makes vss hm completly out of reach.

I have 8 months of eso live left.. I hope I dont regret buying that long of a subscription.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what’s a “nefas”...?
    Edited by mikemacon on July 29, 2019 8:26PM
    Options
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    A class rep. YouTube content creator. He tested the trial content on friday. Can link his video if ya want?
    Options
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need. I’ve been doing my own testing instead of relying on you tubers and I’m okay with the changes as they sit.
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you must enjoy unrewarding gameplay
    Options
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    No need. I’ve been doing my own testing instead of relying on you tubers and I’m okay with the changes as they sit.

Which changes were you able to test? Did you heal vCR+3? vHoF HM? vSS HM?
    Options
  • Evito
    Evito
    ✭✭✭
    Bring on the 8 Stamcro, 1 Stamden and 1 Stamplar trials
    Options
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    Evito wrote: »
    Bring on the 8 Stamcro, 1 Stamden and 1 Stamplar trials

Healers i know have felt under utilized for ages. The current changes seem to make this worse.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think Nefas said players on his level will be mostly unaffected. He did suggest they will be able to adapt but the characterization of that comment might be a little off. What Nefas likely said is that players at his level will adjust but that most players will struggle.

He was demonstrating the problems and issues with the healing changes.
    Edited by idk on July 29, 2019 8:46PM
    Options
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS said they were taking a harder look at healing changes, but so far I haven't heard anything on orbs or grand healing, which sincerely disappoints me. It seems like all they meant by that was that they'd waffle on healing ward a bit more.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested new heals while killing senche tigers in Elsweyr and they seem to be ok. Standarize this! :trollface:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    ZOS said they were taking a harder look at healing changes, but so far I haven't heard anything on orbs or grand healing, which sincerely disappoints me. It seems like all they meant by that was that they'd waffle on healing ward a bit more.

Taking a look at something is usually a 1 to 2 year process at ZOS HQ. They'll get back to you.
    Options
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

A harder look for ZOS is just maybe taking another 3 seconds to think about what they've done and then take a nice 14 hour siesta.
    Options
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I do not think Nefas said players on his level will be mostly unaffected. He did suggest they will be able to adapt but the characterization of that comment might be a little off. What Nefas likely said is that players at his level will adjust but that most players will struggle.

He was demonstrating the problems and issues with the healing changes.

Maybe the characterization is off.. my intent was to say that if the changes go live that him and those on his level will still be completing the hardest content. And players like myself will struggle even more.
    Options
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you what "endgame groups will adapt" will look like:

How good endgame trial groups will adapt to the healing changes:
    - don't bring 2 healers to a trial.
    - don't even bring 1 healer to a trial if it's craglorns and vmol
    - group comp: 2 Tanks, 11 stamina DDs, 1 Buffbitch DD, probably a templar responsible for PotL and maybe wearing support sets

...while the casual social guild will run with inefficient DD setups (magicka etc) and bring 2 useless healers still, so they will struggle in content they didn't have problems with before.
    Edited by Cheezits94 on July 29, 2019 9:10PM
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To complete the content with these changes you get better at the game
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • SassiestAssassin
    SassiestAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/JoAvIlJ_9eA
    I hope ZOS listens, it sounds like my enjoyment of PvE healing is going to evaporate...
    Well that and the continuing trend of one-shot mechanics.
    Edited by SassiestAssassin on July 29, 2019 9:16PM
    *slams a gallon of Respecting Support Roles juice on the table* Take a sip, babes.
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one shot mechanics are fine in most cases imo, as long as there are other things to heal through. Like frostvault hardmode has lots of things to kill you in one hit but a healer is very handy there.

But i agree, i'm not gonna enjoy healing/playin eso next patch and will stop doing both entirely
    Options