The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Gorinir Palace...

ZAD1ST
ZAD1ST
✭✭✭
I finally got around to getting my own video put together of my Palace built at The Gorinir Estate. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

https://youtu.be/kbUIQeFvHac

fot2qp13a3zf.png
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job Zad1st.
    I hardly recognise Gorinir.
    I love the crafting cave underneath.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't watch the video :/ but the screenshot looks amazing!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    I can't watch the video :/ but the screenshot looks amazing!

Thank you @sueblue, maybe my channel link will work better for you instead of the embedded link 👍🏻
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvhsdpHvRUN73VwFkBWJ7Iw
    Edited by ZAD1ST on July 27, 2019 8:12AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the dead animal bits which are impossible to completely hide, I love Goronir. I wouldn't try to mess with it like this. And I don't love Alinor style so had low expectations of this vid.

But it looks really good.

Interestingly you've extensively used Alinor pieces and achieved a totally different look to Summerset - which to my eye is Disney Princess ghastly. Looks more generic asian fantasy mmo human than elven. So disappointing.

With more greenery, no fluttering pointy penants and those windows, you've achieved a vastly superior look.

I'm very impressed.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    @Nerouyn Thank you for taking the time to watch it and giving it a chance 😊 and for your kind words.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing work. It looks great!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Summerset - which to my eye is Disney Princess ghastly. Looks more generic asian fantasy mmo human than elven. So disappointing.

I don't really get that, personally.

Clearly, they both derive from the same, or similar, real life (European) inspiration, but Disney architecture is (generally) far more cartoony, curvy and cutesy than Alinor.

Some Alinor is a little too angular and spiky, if anything.

I live in the UK - there are buildings that actually look like Alinor architecture here in Europe.

Maybe that is why I see the similarity to real architecture first?
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2019 5:55AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I don't really get that, personally.

Clearly, they both derive from the same, or similar, real life (European) inspiration, but Disney architecture is (generally) far more cartoony, curvy and cutesy than Alinor.

Yes the art style of ESO isn't cartoony. But the architectural style of Alinor is very Disney European fantasy. And I think the sky at the villa pushes it over the line. Over Artaeum the pink, sparkly sky is fine. Over the villa it goes full Disney princess / My Little Pony etc.
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Some Alinor is a little too angular and spiky, if anything.

I live in the UK - there are buildings that actually look like Alinor architecture here in Europe.

Maybe that is why I see the similarity to real architecture first?

I agree. It's all way too sharp and pointy to pass as elven.

I live in Australia but also instantly recognised the similarity to real world European architecture. Possibly German? With them having the eagle as their symbol and the Thalmor being so very ***. That might make sense to the developers but it's still doesn't look great.

Not that I'm a lore buff but Alinor is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. And the crystal tower indescribably so. I had high expectations on both counts. But they gave us not-elven looking architecture and a lazy, "Nah it's just a regular tower that has a crystal in it."

Possibly there's also too many styles in the mix.

I quite like the Auridon aesthetic. Their buildings are original and beautifully shaped, though I think the dirty concrete colour detracts a little bit. And the Japanese twist with all the cherry trees etc. works well in its own right, and also ties in with the dunmer aesthetic which is more Asian.

But then Summerset goes all medieval European with the architecture, but still with cherry trees.

That said, when visiting the luxury vendor recently I noticed the loading screen depicts a building in the Hollow City which has a sharp and pointy Alinor style look. Same for Gold Coast. So maybe what they were aiming for with Summerset was something more Imperial / Alyeid looking with the idea being that that style evolved out of Summerset's.

ON-place-The_Hollow_City.jpg

Though that doesn't really work since of the two distinct Alinor styles, it's the newer one which is sharp and pointy and similar. So it would have to be the Altmer copying the Imperial / Ayleid style. Which would be strange.
    Edited by Nerouyn on July 29, 2019 9:26AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That said, when visiting the luxury vendor recently I noticed the loading screen depicts a building in the Hollow City which has a sharp and pointy Alinor style look. Same for Gold Coast. So maybe what they were aiming for with Summerset was something more Imperial / Alyeid looking with the idea being that that style evolved out of Summerset's.

ON-place-The_Hollow_City.jpg

Though that doesn't really work since of the two distinct Alinor styles, it's the newer one which is sharp and pointy and similar. So it would have to be the Altmer copying the Imperial / Ayleid style. Which would be strange.
    Both Ayleid and Altmer are High Elves (heartland and island) so they are the closest relatives among elven races. Imperial culture was formed under the heavy influence of high elven culture so the similarities are not surprising.
    Not that I'm a lore buff but Alinor is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. And the crystal tower indescribably so. I had high expectations on both counts. But they gave us not-elven looking architecture and a lazy, "Nah it's just a regular tower that has a crystal in it."
    Unfortunately. Summerset architecture is not as beautiful as it could be.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.