Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Disappointed in Elsweyr Housing

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Personally, I like the homes in Elsweyr, and thought that the free home, 'Lunar Champion', was creative and generous of ZOS. Its nice to see it open up its wings with your gaming accomplishments, clean up the rubble if you wish, and have a busy-city location. The inn room, though small and not as nice as the inn room in Alinor, is wonderfully close to the wayshrine. Not as many loading screens to go through (like in Alinor) is a bonus!

I'm really looking forward to the new open-space 'home', 'Moon Sugar Meadow', ' that will be coming soon. Went through it on the test server and love the terrain, day/night cycle, and plentiful water features... just hope that the price is reasonable! Its not horribly far from a wayshrine, but do wish the shrine was a little bit closer.

I'm happy with the new homes, but I am not expecting them to be perfect in every way FOR ME...and they aren't. After all, how many of us have real life homes that would satisfy EVERYONE? These new Elsweyr homes, though, are interesting, better then most, and spark creativity!

However, like so many, I DO wish that there were more medium-sized homes! How about some medium-sized open space properties as well?

Yes agree with most of this :)

I think a lot of us are excited about the Moon Sugar Meadow.....but PLEASE @ZOS make the central rocks removable (how hard can that be?) so that our building talents are not curbed, and remove the slaughterfish which are normally oceanic and not inland predators. Does anyone want to be eaten alive the second they set foot in the water for a nice swim?

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Lunar Hall is such a disappointment. I borderline hate it.

Maybe the other wings will be epic, but right now it’s a storage unit.

I use the free inn for travel at least.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the halls of the Lunar Champion. I like Jodes embrace but think it could be improved but still great as is although not sure what to do with back area although it's amazingly awesome as it is. Don't know if it will become available again, would like to know why it was pulled. Moon Sugar Meadow looks great, I'd like a more luxury build on there and a lot of the pieces seem quite rustic looking so I'm hoping that's possible but I guess rustic is nice too. My khajit master thief doesn't want to have stolen all the loot she has to live in poverty.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Personally, I like the homes in Elsweyr, and thought that the free home, 'Lunar Champion', was creative and generous of ZOS. Its nice to see it open up its wings with your gaming accomplishments, clean up the rubble if you wish, and have a busy-city location. The inn room, though small and not as nice as the inn room in Alinor, is wonderfully close to the wayshrine. Not as many loading screens to go through (like in Alinor) is a bonus!

I'm really looking forward to the new open-space 'home', 'Moon Sugar Meadow', ' that will be coming soon. Went through it on the test server and love the terrain, day/night cycle, and plentiful water features... just hope that the price is reasonable! Its not horribly far from a wayshrine, but do wish the shrine was a little bit closer.

I'm happy with the new homes, but I am not expecting them to be perfect in every way FOR ME...and they aren't. After all, how many of us have real life homes that would satisfy EVERYONE? These new Elsweyr homes, though, are interesting, better then most, and spark creativity!

However, like so many, I DO wish that there were more medium-sized homes! How about some medium-sized open space properties as well?

Well, I've been thinking about that too, lately and although I am obviously happy if other people want open space areas, they are no good FOR ME, either . ;)

...and after all, we can only really speak for ourselves, can't we?

Personally, I've been spoiled by The Sims.

Where you can build anything you like, in pretty much any shape and size you like, at the click of a mouse.

So, I look at the beautiful sheds (and let's face it, they are sheds - as you can't even get doors and windows for them) that people have built and just think "If this is what the best builders can do, in this game, I'll pass.".

The thing is, I'm not a boy.

I'm not into trying to do virtual Meccano, or Lego, with very limited building pieces, in totally limited sizes.

Just to find that I have very few slots left for furnishing (i.e. the part I actually enjoy).

I just want a well-designed house to furnish.

Is that really too much to ask?
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 22, 2019 11:33PM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    Put a medium size house somewhere with a view like in the stitches at least. Such awesome landscapes, but bad housing I agree.

I fell in love with the Stitches immediately, and am completely heartbroken that I can't technically live there. Seems like a missed opportunity to put a house on one of the cliffs, with a rickety hanging bridge leading to it. *sigh*

If you cross one of the bridges in The Stitches there is a building about the size of a small house. Well, what you can get to. There's a wall with a gate that you can't get past. But you see a house-shaped building. I wondered why they put that there and if there was the possibility of a future player home there.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    Put a medium size house somewhere with a view like in the stitches at least. Such awesome landscapes, but bad housing I agree.

I fell in love with the Stitches immediately, and am completely heartbroken that I can't technically live there. Seems like a missed opportunity to put a house on one of the cliffs, with a rickety hanging bridge leading to it. *sigh*
    If you cross one of the bridges in The Stitches there is a building about the size of a small house. Well, what you can get to. There's a wall with a gate that you can't get past. But you see a house-shaped building. I wondered why they put that there and if there was the possibility of a future player home there.
    If you mean the walled off house at the top of the Stitches on the Southern side, that one's there for the break-in questline that you start in the Stitches - you just enter it via the secret entrance rather than the front gate, but it's a quest location. There are many nice manors ingame that are normally locked off but are used for certain quests - I can recall several in the Gold Coast for example. So while I agree it would be nice, It's sadly unlikely they will ever add a player house to the Stitches.