The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Disappointed in Elsweyr Housing

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/hall-of-the-lunar-champion/

It's ruined when you acquire it but the rubble is removable furniture. Praise Azurah!

That's the only saving grace, in my opinion.

Jode's Embrace is definitely a copy/paste of Rimmen Palace, albeit with some of the rooms removed.

Btw, sorry but there is masses of demand for smaller homes, especially medium-sized ones. You have only to read countless other threads.....it crops up all the time. So I doubt if that is the reason behind not having any in Elsweyr.

Summerset's Alinor Crest Townhouse doesn't quite come into the category of notables, being only large, but the 300/600 item limit makes it hard to decorate inside and out. Still it's actually a good house, and although hard, not impossible to satisfactorily (not fully) decorate.....providing you keep it fairly simple and don't put too much nice homely clutter in.

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the larger homes would be as much of an issue if we had more actual walls, doorways and other big statuary or other items to use to fill up the space or configure it to what we need.

What I like a lot about a lot of the ins and especially the fighters guild in Rimmen are the number of smaller rooms they have and I would have loved to be able to section of the wings of Jode's embrace to create separate rooms, but with just the walls we have, it doesn't look right. We need more home architecture options.

Also, if you don't do anything with Jode's dimension, you can actually decorate this house nicely with 700 slots without looking sparse, nor like a hoarders paradise.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're desperate enough to play silly semantic games, that's quite telling.

It has the max furnishings limit. It's a manor.

Oh, you mean a "manor" purely in the sense of its 700 furnishing limit?

Well, forgive me for forgetting that, when it's nothing like an actual manor, in any way, shape or form.

The thing is, I'm British, so I know what a manor house is.

This hall is, obviously, not a manor, in that sense and (fortunately) they don't even try to claim it is (via its name).

...and no, I'm not "desperate", I'm just disappointed.

I have a right to be.

We all paid for this chapter and some of us feel we have ended up with virtually nothing we, even vaguely, like.

Would you be happy if that happened to you?

Also, you're wrong. Which is even more telling.

It's ruined when you acquire it but the rubble is removable furniture. Praise Azurah!

I'm not wrong on this and it's not "telling".

Yes, I removed the rubble when I first got it, weeks ago, but it is still a ruin.

Rubble alone doth not a ruin make. :smile:

The walls are still ruined; it still has chunks of masonry missing.

It is a ruin.

I don't actually mind that, too much, but it clashes horribly with the giant laserball.

It's like some bizarre mix of a ruin, crossed with an alien space station, crossed with a tomb/museum.

If you like that, good for you.

I don't.

You're allowed to be disappointed. I didn't say otherwise. With another Elsweyr themed DLC later in the year maybe they'll offer one.

But there seems to be not much demand for smaller homes and that's why they've not made any for Summer or Elsweyr.

That is simply not true.

People on this very forum are constantly saying they want more medium sized homes.

It's more like ZoS doesn't want to give them that, because they don't think there is as much extra money in it.

But, what about the money we pay for the chapter itself?

What about the money most of us consistently pay for ESO+?

What about the money most of us furnishers already spend in the Crown Store, on a regular basis?

Not that I have this time, in terms of the furnishing pack, as I don't like any of the Elsweyr houses enough to bother.

Something Zos might like to consider, when ignoring us...

Are we not due anything, even half decent, without paying extra money, on top of all that?

...and even when we are expected to pay extra (i.e. for Jode's), it's still only half decent (at best) in many of our opinions.

That's your opinion.

My opinion is the polar opposite.

I think it's gorgeous.

Of course it is my opinion (and the opinion of some other people here).

However, I can assure you it is an educated and well considered opinion and I have told you exactly why I think it is.

Yes, there are pretty elements - the exterior is quite pretty - but the interior is a copy/paste, truncated mess, that doesn't even vaguely match up with the exterior and only has 3 rooms (excluding the hallway).

One of which is a (wide) corridor.

Could be. It didn't interest me so I barely looked at it.

Well then, why are you here bothering to argue with me, at length?

When I have looked at it properly and you haven't.

Do you enjoy wasting your time and making yourself look utterly remiss, or something?

Kitty litter storage. Obviously.

Seriously though, is there a discrepancy?

https://youtu.be/KrnvByb0gAg?t=182

Where you claim that there are missing interior rooms is in fact solid rock. Presumably the same applies to the other side of the home.

Oops!

Rubbish.

You need to stop presuming (or lying) and go and look for yourself at the side with the water.

The house extends way back - double the depth of the downstairs rooms.

Not only that, but the corridor room upstairs extends way back, too.

Anyone can go and see that for themselves, so I suggest you stop your blatant trolling.

It's not the entire upstairs. There's the hall. Obviously.

Also, entries with stairs leading to an upper balcony is an extremely common design feature. Handy for all sorts of things if you're an upper crust type. Think psychology rather than utility.

What hall?

You mean the little bit of landing in front of the corridor?

There are no bedrooms.

Even "upper crust types" need to sleep, sometimes.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 20, 2019 3:21AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Btw, sorry but there is masses of demand for smaller homes, especially medium-sized ones. You have only to read countless other threads.....it crops up all the time. So I doubt if that is the reason behind not having any in Elsweyr.

I have seen a few people asking for more smaller homes.

But what they often really seem to be asking for is more not-crown-store-only homes, rather than more smaller homes.
    Summerset's Alinor Crest Townhouse doesn't quite come into the category of notables, being only large, but the 300/600 item limit makes it hard to decorate inside and out. Still it's actually a good house, and although hard, not impossible to satisfactorily (not fully) decorate.....providing you keep it fairly simple and don't put too much nice homely clutter in.

Not sure why you're directing that at me. I referred to the grotto manor. Disparagingly.
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Oh, you mean a "manor" purely in the sense of its 700 furnishing limit?

That is the definition of a manor in this context. Yes.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing#Manors

Your trying to claim otherwise reeks of desperation.
    We all paid for this chapter and some of us feel we have ended up with virtually nothing we, even vaguely, like.

Would you be happy if that happened to you?

As is typically the case, full video walkthroughs of the available homes were available online for quite some time pre release.

Did my extreme disappointment with Telvanni towers and them being crown store only factor into my decision not to buy the Morrowind DLC at launch? Probably.
    I'm not wrong on this and it's not "telling".

Yes, I removed the rubble when I first got it, weeks ago, but it is still a ruin.

Rubble alone doth not a ruin make. :smile:

The walls are still ruined; it still has chunks of masonry missing.

It is a ruin.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/470701/the-hall-of-the-lunar-champion-decorated

The walls are a bit worn. That doesn't make the home a ruin.
    It's like some bizarre mix of a ruin, crossed with an alien space station, crossed with a tomb/museum.

If you like that, good for you.

Maybe I am just that way inclined.
    That is simply not true.

People on this very forum are constantly saying they want more medium sized homes.

It's more like ZoS doesn't want to give them that, because they don't think there is as much extra money in it.

It is true though.

Yes we see people here occasionally asking for more medium sized homes - but that's in the context of them being available for gold. Which is the key thing people want in a house.

What people actually buy and use though tends to be manors. I almost never see anyone in my friends list in anything but a manor. The only exceptions are noobs in their first little homes.

And that's what we see here most often too when people post look-at-my-house stuff. It's typically the big honking manors.
    But, what about the money we pay for the chapter itself?

What about the money most of us consistently pay for ESO+?

What about the money most of us furnishers already spend in the Crown Store, on a regular basis?

I just minutes ago 'agree'ed with you in another thread about ESO's design being too driven by money. IMO it really detracts from the game and I think has hamstrung its ability to appeal to more players.

Not that it doesn't work. I have bought 1 crown store home. Only because the alternative would be my playing Skyrim and creating my home from scratch. I have the technical skills and experience to do that but don't enjoy it. So the money I spent on an ESO home was worth it to spare me that.
    Of course it is my opinion (and the opinion of some other people here).

However, I can assure you it is an educated and well considered opinion and I have told you exactly why I think it is.

Education is irrelevant in this context. But if it weren't you might not want to pit yours against mine.

Taste is relevant in this context.

I happen to like that aesthetic of both Elsweyr manors. You don't.
    Yes, there are pretty elements - the exterior is quite pretty - but the interior is a copy/paste, truncated mess, that doesn't even vaguely match up with the exterior and only has 3 rooms (excluding the hallway).

I posted proof positive that the exterior does match up with the interior and here you are again making that disproved claim.
    Well then, why are you here bothering to argue with me, at length?

What an absurd thing to say.

I didn't challenge you on that point. I conceded that I haven't seen that one house which you claim this is a copy / paste of.

That absolutely doesn't negate anything I said.

I truly don't care if it is a copy paste of some other home.

That doesn't in any way lessen the appeal of this one to me.
    Rubbish.

You need to stop presuming (or lying) and go and look for yourself at the side with the water.

The house extends way back - double the depth of the downstairs rooms.

No it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrnvByb0gAg&feature=youtu.be&t=182

Go to 3 minutes. Plain as day.
    What hall?

You mean the little bit of landing in front of the corridor?

There are no bedrooms.

Even "upper crust types" need to sleep, sometimes.

The great big honking hall with the portal to Jode. You could use that as a bedroom if you were so inclined. Alternatively either of two rooms downstairs.

Or not. You don't have to buy it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is a little lost for what to do with the Hall of the Lunar champion consider this.

It is a ruin yes but many interesting things can be found in ruins no?

Lost cities, lost libraries, lost gardens, even lost temples …

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/480410/claws-family-temple

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen a few people asking for more smaller homes.

But what they often really seem to be asking for is more not-crown-store-only homes, rather than more smaller homes.

I, personally, prefer smaller houses. Not only because I can use in-game currency to buy them, but because they're much easier to decorate. I'm completely lost when it comes to the Villa that we were given last year - no matter what I try, it looks wrong and empty*.

As for the housing options in Elsweyr: I like the Hall. I have hope that at least one of two locked areas might be some sort of indoor space, this way I might be able to make the first area into a very large entry hall, the area we unlocked at the end of the zone into a nice, clean garden/meditation area, and still have at least one area as living quarters.
    Since I don't know what is yet to come, I'm not investing a lot of time or game currency in it yet.

As for Jode's Embrace...I'm not really a fan of Khajiit architecture, neither in Elsweyr nor elsewhere. I only tried to check it out before release and didn't bother to go back. I like the front garden and the fact that (if I buy it) there isn't a need to decorate it. I also think the space inside the house, what I could see before being kicked out, is decent.

* Yes, I know I could block out certain areas, but each part of the Villa has features I like and don't want to give up on.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who doesn't want to watch any of the many youtube videos showing that there is no internal inconsistency in JE's design, here's an image from the ESO Fashion video.

You can see solid rock where some insist extra rooms should be.

zdas2Rm.png
    KMarble wrote: »
    I, personally, prefer smaller houses. Not only because I can use in-game currency to buy them, but because they're much easier to decorate. I'm completely lost when it comes to the Villa that we were given last year - no matter what I try, it looks wrong and empty*.

I can appreciate that smaller houses are easier in some respects.

With big spaces I think the key is to use big pieces (eg. statues, trees, fountains etc.) and decorate around those.

Plonk in a big tree. Put a few flowers around its base. Hang a few lanterns in it. That can dress a big space with a very small number of items.
    As for the housing options in Elsweyr: I like the Hall. I have hope that at least one of two locked areas might be some sort of indoor space, this way I might be able to make the first area into a very large entry hall, the area we unlocked at the end of the zone into a nice, clean garden/meditation area, and still have at least one area as living quarters.
    Since I don't know what is yet to come, I'm not investing a lot of time or game currency in it yet.

The piecemeal reveal is not ideal from a decorator's perspective.

I might get started though. I have 2 other manors I haven't finished decorating but there are things I strongly dislike about both, so I'm not sure that either could really feel like home.

For me the hall has that potential though, so I might make a start and hope for the best.
    As for Jode's Embrace...I'm not really a fan of Khajiit architecture, neither in Elsweyr nor elsewhere.

I really hate the base game Khajiit architecture. We keep reading that the devs want to give us a sense that their culture is old but they look severely run down. Uncared for. I did at one point consider working towards buying Serenity Falls but I came to broken tiles outside and thought to myself - 3 million gold and I'd have to hide crap like this with a rug, cart etc.

Even in pristine condition I wouldn't love it. I like the contours but it's over-blinged for my tastes.

Elsweyr reigns in the bling. It's all concentrated in the doors and one strip - as you can see in the image I posted above. Which I think also makes it more versatile. It should be possible to decorate in a non-Elsweyr style.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's just not true.

Can only assume you don't have the chapter, because if you had actually been to the house, yourself (instead of constantly linking videos) you would see that the exterior of the house extends back about twice as far as the interior does.

Have you heard of foreshortening?

No, didn't think so...

...and now, I really am done feeding.

I have a bugged Baandari Crate wolf cub to report. ><
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 21, 2019 12:26AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, you have got to love the fact that you get (blatantly) trolled on this forum and they don't remove the troll post(s), they remove your post daring to mention it.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and just in case you missed my comment, before it was removed, I also pointed out that, when people refer to themselves as having an educated opinion on something, they are not referring to their own (personal) level of education.

They are referring to the opinion itself being an informed one.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, is any thread on this forum safe from pointless trolling?
    It's just not true.

Can only assume you don't have the chapter, because if you had actually been to the house, yourself (instead of constantly linking videos) you would see that the exterior of the house extends back about twice as far as the interior does.

Yep, this is true.
    Edited by Emathides on June 21, 2019 12:56AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is time they release an open flat patch of land, like a farm, similar to the Coldharbour "estate", where we can build our own house. The Elsweyr chapter added many building blocks, not enough, but still much better than the previous sets.

If they release more building blocks, and a flat land, I think we can build a great home.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With big spaces I think the key is to use big pieces (eg. statues, trees, fountains etc.) and decorate around those.

Plonk in a big tree. Put a few flowers around its base. Hang a few lanterns in it. That can dress a big space with a very small number of items.

I don't know if you have the Villa, but big trees and statues don't really solve the problem there. I have around 10 very big trees in there and at least 6 statues. Still looks empty. If you're on PC/NA, contact me in-game and I'll be happy to show you around.

(I still working on it and maybe I'll eventually come up with something I like. For now the Villa is the place where I store excess furnishings - I steal a lot - and try new ideas. Also see footnote. I just used the Villa as an example for why I prefer smaller houses.)

The piecemeal reveal is not ideal from a decorator's perspective.

I might get started though. I have 2 other manors I haven't finished decorating but there are things I strongly dislike about both, so I'm not sure that either could really feel like home.

For me the hall has that potential though, so I might make a start and hope for the best.

I agree that the Hall has potential, and I'm very patient. Maybe I'm weird because I don't go out and buy mats and furnishing plans when I decide to decorate a place - I farm them until I have what I need. Decoration in this game for me is a very slow process, so I don't mind waiting until the 4th quarter to get all areas of the Hall unlocked.
    As for Jode's Embrace...I'm not really a fan of Khajiit architecture, neither in Elsweyr nor elsewhere.

I really hate the base game Khajiit architecture. We keep reading that the devs want to give us a sense that their culture is old but they look severely run down. Uncared for. I did at one point consider working towards buying Serenity Falls but I came to broken tiles outside and thought to myself - 3 million gold and I'd have to hide crap like this with a rug, cart etc.

Even in pristine condition I wouldn't love it. I like the contours but it's over-blinged for my tastes.

Elsweyr reigns in the bling. It's all concentrated in the doors and one strip - as you can see in the image I posted above. Which I think also makes it more versatile. It should be possible to decorate in a non-Elsweyr style.

Alinor houses look even more dilapidated than Elsweyr ones. I was delighted to find out we can remove the rubble from the Hall.

Even the Elsweyr houses have too much bling for me. Optimum bling being zero, and IMO bling is best used in small objects that can be moved/removed.
    kind_hero wrote: »
    It is time they release an open flat patch of land, like a farm, similar to the Coldharbour "estate", where we can build our own house. The Elsweyr chapter added many building blocks, not enough, but still much better than the previous sets.

If they release more building blocks, and a flat land, I think we can build a great home.

A part of me would love that, but the housing editor is a royal PITA and would drive me crazy trying to square up walls. Then there is the problem of item limits*. We might be able to build a house, but would have less space to actually decorate it and its surroundings.

*I'm not complaining about the limits we have in the game, nor am I advocating for them to be increased. Having the limits we have, for me, is a part of the game and a challenge - "lets see what I can do with the tools and limits imposed by the rules".
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather than trying to reply to some of the various posts, which are rather long, I just wanted to post a few thoughts:

1. There are lots of players who have requested smaller homes. Usually medium, but I'd also like to see more small homes and even apartments. ZOS even recognized this request in one of their recent ESO Lives, where they said they've heard the request from players and are adding more smaller homes to the pipeline in future.

2. This chapter is very limited when it comes to housing. Sure, we all get a free ruin home (with laserballs - thanks for that apt description Tigerseye!). But it's not really a home. Sure, you can make it look homey, but it's just not really a house. And no, I have no interest in making it into a museum or some such. I don't buy homes to make them into something not a home. But, I will say that I dislike it less now that I've cleaned up the rubble that can be removed.

However, we don't even get a large home purchasable for gold (ala Alinor Townhouse or Amaya Lake Lodge). The fact is, neither Summerset nor Elsweyr have provided us with a decent number/variety of homes. We had 4 with Morrowind - inn room, medium, large, notable (CS only). With Summerset, we did also get 4, but two were notables - a ruined ship (CS only) and an oversized villa (which was free) - along with an inn room and large home. With Elsweyr, we get an inn room and a free notable (ruin home with laser lightshow), with another notable that will undoubtedly be CS only.

It's great that some players are happy with the Elsweyr homes, but others of us are disappointed. I'm not as disappointed as some, as I don't really care that much about Khajiit architecture, even the new Elsweyr style, so having multiple homes here isn't that big of a deal. And, we got a free home that I'm also less disappointed in than I was initially. But, that doesn't change the fact that I'd like something that was an actual house than a ruin or a stripped-down palace, and for gold cost.

But, maybe we'll get something nice with Dragonhold, though if they hold true to form, it'll be a giant oversized notable for Crowns only. There has yet to be a home in a DLC area (not talking about chapters/former chapters) that are available for gold.

But, ZOS has said that they heard our pleas for smaller homes, so let's hope they're coming down the line. I suspect, though, that they'll be CS only. Remember that we got the Coven Cottage for gold, but the next holiday-themed house - the snow globe - was only available for crowns.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    With Summerset, we did also get 4, but two were notables - a ruined ship (CS only) and an oversized villa (which was free) - along with an inn room and large home. With Elsweyr, we get an inn room and a free notable (ruin home with laser lightshow), with another notable that will undoubtedly be CS only.

I don't even think that this should be a full point in ZOS's favor, because the Villa was only available for a limited time, whereas the Hall is at least available for everyone. I hear complaints about the Villa all the time, but I missed out on the event so it's unattainable for me. They could at least add it to the Collector's Edition bundle or something for those of us who missed out!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like you said there needs to be more medium size houses! I was really hoping to see an Elsweyr version of the Sleek Creek. There are quite a few really cute houses all around the zone that would be really fun to decorate.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Like you said there needs to be more medium size houses! I was really hoping to see an Elsweyr version of the Sleek Creek. There are quite a few really cute houses all around the zone that would be really fun to decorate.

Yeah, exactly.

They could have put a Medium, or Large, house on the outskirts of Rimmen, in The Stitches area, or maybe in the South East of the region.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was privileged to explore a few mind-blowing versions of Lunar Champion. @zanosuz and @Ladybug 's on PC/NA are worth the tour. They might change your mind.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I already knew people would be able to do a good job with them, as far as it is possible to do so, but I just don't like the fundamentals.

For one thing, I have had to deaden the buzzing sound, via EHT.

Now I can't even hear the crackle of a brazier, or my char's footsteps.

It's just a dead space, with a giant fugly laserball and uneven (at the moment) lasers.

I have no reason to want to go there, let alone to decorate it.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 1, 2019 4:59AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and I will just add that this is why they didn't even want to talk about Elsweyr housing.

Because they knew it was not good (to say the least).

Prior to the release of Summerset, they couldn't stop talking about the Townhouse, the Alinor Fireplace, the JC furnishing items and so on.

They were major features.

This time, it was just "There will be dragons!" and a refusal to even discuss, or answer questions, on housing/furnishing.

I think that says it all.

A buzzing hall and fuzzy furnishings meant it was better to draw attention elsewhere (pun intended).
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 1, 2019 5:20AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a medium house in the stitches. Love that area.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a cut and paste Rimmen palace, with entire rooms removed, basically.

It doesn't make any kind of logical sense.

The Psijic Villa is a cut-and-paste of the Alinor Palace, so its not the first time they've done this, nor is it surprising.

It makes logical sense from a business standpoint. Less time and money spent on making an entire custom build house to sell to players, just copy-paste scenes they already made.

Personally I like Jode's Embrace. I have a eastern-style/asian-themed toon it (and many of Elswyer's furnishings) would be insanely perfect for, including the glowy-fireball room, but I've already got my housing priorities and limited crowns so I won't be buying it just because of that. If I was someone with money to spend though, I would get it in a heartbeat because its too fitting to pass up. But that's just me.

Personally I like the Lunar Hall. I and my guild have a use for it, so to each their own. Suffice to say I've seen some people do some cool and creative things with their Lunar Halls, including making some of them very homey. It really just depends on what you do with decorating that determines what its going to be. *shrugs*

Considering the theme so far of the Lunar Hall, I'm guessing the second room will have themes in it related to the Scalebreaker dungeons, and the third will probably feature some key location from Southern Elswyer's storyline.

That said, hopefully Southern Elsywer will have some smaller medium/semi-large homes that appeal to more people and aren't just crown-only purchases.

Its obvious the Lunar Hall is a gimmick to sell more DLC content, but I'm not really complaining. Those who got Elswyer and can't get the DLC's still get a free house and one expanded room. More space slots for detailing and making something cool, so that somewhat removes the problem of "what do I do with all this space".

Alternatively, even if you CAN get all the DLCs and tablets for all 3 rooms, you can completely remove sections you don't like / don't have ideas for no problem, again freeing up slots to more properly decorate the spaces you DO like. Its the first time ZoS has done that. Personally I think that in itself is a nice option. Its somewhat of an answer to the problem everyone had with the Psijic house, that being "what do I do with all this empty space". Well with the Lunar Hall, you just lock out the rooms you don't want to use lol Simple.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been pretty happy with the huge free home we get for doing the questline.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind the Hall, something can be done with it and there will be some new possibilities to unlock. It is not THAT bad.

I adore the planar part of Jode's Embrace, I love the bling, but then there is the whole underdeveloped house in my way... I could cover it, sure, though the outcome would be a very long and fancy corridor leading to the plane of Jode. While buying a house I usually have an idea about its final look, with this one - just can't be bothered. Most probably won't buy.

If I were ZOS, I would split this house into two: one medium sized Elsweyr house (properly developed) with a nice garden and the plane of Jode similar to Coldharbour Surreal Estate. I am not ZOS, though.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind the Hall, something can be done with it and there will be some new possibilities to unlock. It is not THAT bad.

I adore the planar part of Jode's Embrace, I love the bling, but then there is the whole underdeveloped house in my way... I could cover it, sure, though the outcome would be a very long and fancy corridor leading to the plane of Jode. While buying a house I usually have an idea about its final look, with this one - just can't be bothered. Most probably won't buy.

If I were ZOS, I would split this house into two: one medium sized Elsweyr house (properly developed) with a nice garden and the plane of Jode similar to Coldharbour Surreal Estate. I am not ZOS, though.

It really isn't that bad, I've seen some AMAZING things done with it - you can build down to the water, and very high. I don't know what platform OP is on, but if you tell me I bet people could direct you to some crazy builds.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    The houses that are offered aren't the issue. It's the lack of medium-sized housing. @Katahdin pegged the best location for one too.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    It is a cut and paste Rimmen palace, with entire rooms removed, basically.

It doesn't make any kind of logical sense.

The Psijic Villa is a cut-and-paste of the Alinor Palace, so its not the first time they've done this, nor is it surprising.

Yes, I am aware of that thanks, I didn't start playing 5 mins ago and I do already own 35 homes... :wink:

What I'm complaining about is the way they butchered it, after copy and pasting it and also, to an extent, the way the palace was designed in the first place.

They just cut off the back of the palace and (in the case of the Jode's Embrace copy) also the side rooms/landing upstairs and didn't even leave the chained doors in an attempt to explain what was, supposedly, going on.

Not only that, but they didn't design the upstairs of the palace properly, in the first place.

I will also add that I wasn't too impressed by the Artaeum cathedral, either.

Very pretty, but almost completely useless.

That said, hopefully Southern Elsywer will have some smaller medium/semi-large homes that appeal to more people and aren't just crown-only purchases.

I hope so too.

Or even a large (but not huge) house, with a decent layout, in my case.

Much as I like the idea of building as well as decorating, in theory, the limited, fixed sized building pieces and low furnishing limits put me off the totally open-plan areas, too.

When things are this limited, in pretty much every way (and they don't intend to change that) they really do need to start thinking things through properly in terms of housing design.

Just releasing any old thing is not good enough.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 11, 2019 8:26AM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

The upcoming meadow is exactly this.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more upset that we still have very few Aedra statues or themed furnishings.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like the homes in Elsweyr, and thought that the free home, 'Lunar Champion', was creative and generous of ZOS. Its nice to see it open up its wings with your gaming accomplishments, clean up the rubble if you wish, and have a busy-city location. The inn room, though small and not as nice as the inn room in Alinor, is wonderfully close to the wayshrine. Not as many loading screens to go through (like in Alinor) is a bonus!

I'm really looking forward to the new open-space 'home', 'Moon Sugar Meadow', ' that will be coming soon. Went through it on the test server and love the terrain, day/night cycle, and plentiful water features... just hope that the price is reasonable! Its not horribly far from a wayshrine, but do wish the shrine was a little bit closer.

I'm happy with the new homes, but I am not expecting them to be perfect in every way FOR ME...and they aren't. After all, how many of us have real life homes that would satisfy EVERYONE? These new Elsweyr homes, though, are interesting, better then most, and spark creativity!

However, like so many, I DO wish that there were more medium-sized homes! How about some medium-sized open space properties as well?