Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about Veteran Sunspire drops

Sanguinor2
Sanguinor2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I´ve done Veteran (non hardmode) Sunspire multiple times today. I noticed some behaviour with set Drops that seem weird to me and dont know if those are intended or not.
1st: All chests in Veteran will drop non perfected gear despite the bosses in regular Veteran only dropping perfected, is this intended or not?
2nd: Sometimes People would drop a singular piece of perfected Gold jewelry at the last boss in non hardmode but they did not drop a weapon, is this intended?
@ZOS_Finn
Politeness is respecting others.
Courage is doing what is fair.
Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
Honor is keeping ones word.

Best Answer

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    How easy was it as a vet trial same as vmol, crags etc?
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to know the answer to this well. We had time for one clear last night and all the chests drop imperfected gear, and I was the only person to get a gold jewel (Perfected Lokkestiiz Ring) instead of a weapon.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The chests dropping non-perfected gear is intended. My best guess is that this is because it's possible to access the chests without killing any of the bosses.

That having been said, @ZOS_Finn I would suggest that, instead of having chests be hidden behind ledges in the area between the two side bosses (where they can be accessed without actually killing a boss), that they should be relocated to the hallway leading up to Nahvintaas.
    1. This would make the chests more visible and easier to find. We like the way the chests are situated in MoL.
    2. This would mean that the chests would be accessible only after defeating both side bosses.
    3. Putting Perfected gear in the chests would make more sense if this was done, since they would now be gated behind boss kills.

I see, thats kinda unfortunate but with the current chest Placement I can understand that. Your idea is one I really like (mostly because everyone wants more perfected but still).
    Thanks for the answer by the way.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non hard mode, boss will only drop 1 thing, a weapon or jewelry

Hard mode will provide the weapon and 2 jewelry pieces from my sources

If that's the case with chests on veteran, then theres no point in even opening them up, if you're running it on vet, you're there for the perfect drops, chests need to reflect that. Or gate chests after bosses
    Edited by SoLooney on May 23, 2019 11:12AM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That having been said, @ZOS_Finn I would suggest that, instead of having chests be hidden behind ledges in the area between the two side bosses (where they can be accessed without actually killing a boss), that they should be relocated to the hallway leading up to Nahvintaas.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. On vet, the chests are basically skippable since they only reward non-perfected gear so there's no point in finding them since most players are only running vet for the perfected gear.
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    Does jewelry only drop from last boss (vet hm) or any boss on hm?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only Drops on last boss afaik, it can drop in non hm but the Chance is somewhat low.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The chests dropping non-perfected gear is intended. My best guess is that this is because it's possible to access the chests without killing any of the bosses.

1. This would make the chests more visible and easier to find. We like the way the chests are situated in MoL.
    2. This would mean that the chests would be accessible only after defeating both side bosses.
    3. Putting Perfected gear in the chests would make more sense if this was done, since they would now be gated behind boss kills.

Do this please!
  • Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    That would however contradict the reason to play the trial over and over, as it takes shorter time to collect the gear you want. Zenimax obviously want us to do their content, and it's a trial, it's not supposed to be very easy :p
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
  • ShimmerDoll
    ShimmerDoll
    ✭✭
    I'm too scared to do this thing. I am not a dps machine and it's depressing. I just want to do it to see the whole thing more than get items.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    How easy was it as a vet trial same as vmol, crags etc?

Maybe as hard as vSO. Harder than vHRC and vAA, but not nearly as hard as the other DLC trials. Just a handful of mechanics to be aware of, but nothing near killing cats or the twins in MOL