Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• Charkat
    Charkat
    ✭✭
    Here's a wild solution to part of the problem...

Since they can't seem to stop the bank reset issue, just remove this money sink from the game and give everyone all of the bank slots. Chalk it up to a failed experiment and save face with your customers. Can't fix the system? Remove it!
  • cosmoecogs
    cosmoecogs
    Soul Shriven
    Lost bank slots on 4/4. Ticket marked as solved. Happened again 3 days ago but I had not increased my bank slots since the previous incident.

Incident: 140403-054462
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    Charkat wrote: »

Since they can't seem to stop the bank reset issue, just remove this money sink from the game and give everyone all of the bank slots. Chalk it up to a failed experiment and save face with your customers. Can't fix the system? Remove it!

That's actually not a terrible idea. They could simply raise the cost of personal inventory upgrades or elsewhere to compensate if the gold sink needed to remain in place. As everyone knows, we certainly need the storage.

• mekon_ESO
    mekon_ESO
    Just happened to me. From 90 slots to 60 and all mats gone? Logged onto different toon and 60 full bank slots but none of the other 30.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Tweek wrote: »
    Osi wrote: »
    Zenimax please fix this glitch/bug and return all the items and gold to the player accounts, and compensate them for their trouble.

The item loss is fine. If they gave everything back to everyone, that's fine too, although I would hold little hope for anything more than a gold reimbursement for upgrades.

It's the fact that this has happened several times to people, and you cannot really trust it to not happen again. It's the uncertainty that's more frustrating than anything, especially since storage is such a CRITICAL issue in this game. And we can't trust the storage we have.

NO the item loss is not fine.

I like to trade and craft in game and I have a bunch of tempering alloys that took me long time to acquire along with many other hard to find mats and epic/artifact items. If I signed on and they were all gone I would boycott this garbage game along with multiple friends of mine with 100K plus subs on YouTube who would blog about it and do the same.

If they don't give the player back their items ALL of the effected and friends of the effected will quit the game.

Just because you have no good items and don't spend alot of time trading doesn't mean they don't matter.

If I lose my items I'm cancelling.

The game has been out for two weeks. I don't care what you got in that two weeks, but you can take another two to get them back. If you had crafting materials, they aren't particularly hard to come by and you really ought not to be whining so terribly much.

I lost 40 bank spaces myself and over a stack in total of blue/purple upgrade mats. I'm not complaining because there's alot more to the game than those items.

If ANYONE should be complaining, its those that lost skill points, had skills reset, ect. Compared to losing a few items in a bank reset, that is a "call up ZOS on the phone" kind of problem, because it could impact the longterm success of the character. Less skyshard skill points? Yeah...

This? This is just a very frustrating annoyance we should rag on them until its fixed, and take some self precaution in the meantime.
    Edited by Osi on April 13, 2014 9:33PM
  • Shocfleth
    Shocfleth
    (I thought this might help)

Response By Email (Victor) (04/13/2014 04:49 PM)
    Greetings, (customer)!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I am sorry for any confusion caused by this issue. In order to clarify, I can assure you that, even though the ticket may be appearing as Solved for you, it is being sent internally to a special team devised just for this issue.

Rest assured that we are working on this situation and will update you as soon as we have a solution.

Our apologies for any misunderstanding regarding this procedure.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Divines guide you, friend!
    Victor, The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Edited by Shocfleth on April 13, 2014 9:34PM
  • Withoutsoul

I don't think its a wise solution. Such a problem is very curious one, but it is not due to unchangeable part of game mechanics (I hope), so fix is all that is needed. Its their job to fix it, even if it is hard. And simply giving everyone all slots won't do it. What about the gold we spent on upgrades? What about the items? What you suggesting is not a fix, its workaround and I hope they FIX it, not make some questionable changes to "calm" the players down.
  • Comet201
    Comet201
    ✭✭
    I preferred the response about the burrowing mud crab holes and missing mail carriers with the high elf mages diligently working to find the missing couriers and items =)
    Character: Aeries, v14 DK DC
    Guilds: No Mercy, Lion Guard
  • merwanoreb17_ESO
    Not going to even touch this game until this is fixed, nothing scares me more than bugs like this. Especially in an MMO or RPG.
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN

Yes if the problem was just the bank then maybe. But it is not. The problem lies in the entire account resetting to the status of a fresh account, hence the receiving of new sets of CE items and no longer being able to skip the Coldharbour intro.
  • Inupis
    Inupis
    ✭✭✭
    140413-115496
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to even touch this game until this is fixed, nothing scares me more than bugs like this. Especially in an MMO or RPG.

Finishing up the last few quests in Grahtwood and just going to bank sit until it fixed; just do some researching with the supply of weapons and armor I built up on alts to do just that.
  • Charkat
    Charkat
    ✭✭
    @Withoutsoul‌ That's why I said it was a solution to part of the problem. I still want my gold that I spent on upgrades and people deserve to get any lost items back. What I proposed (only semi-seriously, mind you) has more to do with my lack of faith that it won't happen again.

Even if/when I get my slots/gold back, I am not convinced that it won't happen again.
  • Withoutsoul
    Zenimax please fix this glitch/bug and return all the items and gold to the player accounts, and compensate them for their trouble.

The item loss is fine. If they gave everything back to everyone, that's fine too, although I would hold little hope for anything more than a gold reimbursement for upgrades.

It's the fact that this has happened several times to people, and you cannot really trust it to not happen again. It's the uncertainty that's more frustrating than anything, especially since storage is such a CRITICAL issue in this game. And we can't trust the storage we have.

I like to trade and craft in game and I have a bunch of tempering alloys that took me long time to acquire along with many other hard to find mats and epic/artifact items. If I signed on and they were all gone I would boycott this garbage game along with multiple friends of mine with 100K plus subs on YouTube who would blog about it and do the same.

If they don't give the player back their items ALL of the effected and friends of the effected will quit the game.

Just because you have no good items and don't spend alot of time trading doesn't mean they don't matter.

The game has been out for two weeks. I don't care what you got in that two weeks, but you can take another two to get them back. If you had crafting materials, they aren't particularly hard to come by and you really ought not to be whining so terribly much.

I lost 40 bank spaces myself and over a stack in total of blue/purple upgrade mats. I'm not complaining because there's alot more to the game than those items.

If ANYONE should be complaining, its those that lost skill points, had skills reset, ect. Compared to losing a few items in a bank reset, that is a "call up ZOS on the phone" kind of problem, because it could impact the longterm success of the character. Less skyshard skill points? Yeah...

This? This is just a very frustrating annoyance we should rag on them until its fixed, and take some self precaution in the meantime.

You are missing the point here. I don't want to go into depth explaining that some people marathoned their way through these first weeks and might never have the same dedication or time again, and many people have used the uncertainty of starting weeks for their gains via clever trading, valuables farming, etc. The issue is that we lost our progress that we worked so hard on, and now question raises "what is the point of doing it all over again if it can crush?" and "WHY do I have to do it again (and a lot of it is not doable again). So it's not just loss of two weeks, its loss of trust and feeling of being robbed. In MMORPG the worst thing that could possibly happen is the loss of your progress and this is what we have here. If they fix the issue - that is great and complains will disappear. I will still be disappointed that I lost several days worth of gameplay due to this, but I'll get over it as the game itself is amazing. But it is not a "minor inconvenience". When your home is robbed - do you just say "oh well, whatever - just need to work a few more years to get the items back?"...
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

You are missing the point here. I don't want to go into depth explaining that some people marathoned their way through these first weeks and might never have the same dedication or time again, and many people have used the uncertainty of starting weeks for their gains via clever trading, valuables farming, etc. The issue is that we lost our progress that we worked so hard on, and now question raises "what is the point of doing it all over again if it can crush?" and "WHY do I have to do it again (and a lot of it is not doable again). So it's not just loss of two weeks, its loss of trust and feeling of being robbed. In MMORPG the worst thing that could possibly happen is the loss of your progress and this is what we have here. If they fix the issue - that is great and complains will disappear. I will still be disappointed that I lost several days worth of gameplay due to this, but I'll get over it as the game itself is amazing. But it is not a "minor inconvenience". When your home is robbed - do you just say "oh well, whatever - just need to work a few more years to get the items back?"...

This.

Also if the players are not given ALL of their lost items and gold back I will quit playing this game along with many others, and will tell my friends that do streams on twitch and youtube to tell their followers to do the same.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭

That's ***. You have no idea what you're talking about. You barely lost anything of value. Maybe 40K...lol

I have 14 Temp alloys...100 bank slots....over 20 epics....etc I have invested much more time and effort into this game then you have clearly. Which shows in your lack of respect or caring about the items being returned to the players.

I didn't, and nor did anyone else pay the $80+ price tag on this game to have all my progress made in two weeks taken away while the majority of the other players keep their's. That just isn't fair at all.

I have not had this happen to me but already stated what I would do if it did earlier.

The fact that you think the players items shouldn't matter and that you don't care shows how little you actually have played the damned game. I have sunk alot of time and effort into those items and if I lose them due to an in game glitch/bug I want them all back and returned to me properly.

And I can now clearly see your desire for the game; play it like any MMO, rush to end game, and have some internet bragging rights "oh look at my gear".

I play for the story. I listen to all the dialog, you rush through it for nothing but the items. It isn't all about the pixels you know?

I think at this point we should just agree to disagree however; you clearly come from a different background and enjoy a different type of experience and both of us regard the other as... well frankly childish.

• Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

That's ***. You have no idea what you're talking about. You barely lost anything of value. Maybe 40K...lol

I have 14 Temp alloys...100 bank slots....over 20 epics....etc I have invested much more time and effort into this game then you have clearly. Which shows in your lack of respect or caring about the items being returned to the players.

I didn't, and nor did anyone else pay the $80+ price tag on this game to have all my progress made in two weeks taken away while the majority of the other players keep their's. That just isn't fair at all.

I have not had this happen to me but already stated what I would do if it did earlier.

The fact that you think the players items shouldn't matter and that you don't care shows how little you actually have played the damned game. I have sunk alot of time and effort into those items and if I lose them due to an in game glitch/bug I want them all back and returned to me properly.

And I can now clearly see your desire for the game; play it like any MMO, rush to end game, and have some internet bragging rights "oh look at my gear".

I play for the story. I listen to all the dialog, you rush through it for nothing but the items. It isn't all about the pixels you know?

I think at this point we should just agree to disagree however; you clearly come from a different background and enjoy a different type of experience and both of us regard the other as... well frankly childish.

Ah and the truth comes out....you're playing it like it's an RPG and not an MMO lol...well 50% of the players are these rush players you speak of. The other half are the RPG slow paced story guys.

I skip all the dialog and am only playing for gear and levels and pvp. This is an MMO not an RPG in my opinion, and if those items and gold aren't returned...the *** will hit the fan.

I don't think you're childish...I just think you're approaching an MMO with role playing and immersion in mind..which this game clearly was intended to be an MMO and not an RPG imo. Rushing and clocking 2 weeks of progress only to have it ALL stripped away is garbage.

So I say again....

Zenimax Please return all items and gold to the players with this glitich and compensate them something for the trouble.

Thank you
    Edited by Tweek on April 13, 2014 9:53PM
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭

You know... that is actually quite a good idea. There is still a gold sink for feeding horses, and upgrading your bag which both seem to work fine oddly enough. So definitely +1 to your idea, although I doubt we'll see that happen.
  • Withoutsoul

This.

Also if the players are not given ALL of their lost items and gold back I will quit playing this game along with many others, and will tell my friends that do streams on twitch and youtube to tell their followers to do the same.

I just wish that some people don't rush to complain on youtube or wherever right away. This issue has to be solved internally and we are given promise that it will be fixed. But if some people say "screw it! im gonna destroy it" and complain multiple times on every forum and portal possible, this will only hurt the game. Everyone can be frustrated, but we need to understand what they are going through and give them time. You can complain all you want here, but please- don't take it outside of ESO forums just yet. I love the game and don't want to see it die due to several launch issues...
  • cbrons
    cbrons

Seems like you would fit in perfectly with the customer service administration at Zenimax, except you would have to refrain from openly posting about the fact that you don't care about your customers.

Here's a tip for idiot fan boys like yourself - just leave this thread and don't post another word, lest you annoying paying customers on here even further & cause them to cancel their subs and thus hurt the game you want to see succeed.
    Edited by cbrons on April 13, 2014 9:55PM
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

This.

I just wish that some people don't rush to complain on youtube or wherever right away. This issue has to be solved internally and we are given promise that it will be fixed. But if some people say "screw it! im gonna destroy it" and complain multiple times on every forum and portal possible, this will only hurt the game. Everyone can be frustrated, but we need to understand what they are going through and give them time. You can complain all you want here, but please- don't take it outside of ESO forums just yet. I love the game and don't want to see it die due to several launch issues...

They're hurting their own game by not fixing this with a hotfix right this second...like WoW, FF, LotR Online, Everquest, etc would have done right away.

I know one buddy of mine has 100K subs and is making a vid right now about how terrible the customer support is and is actively encouraging people not to play this game. He know's someone with 750K+ subs going to do the same thing if it happens to him.

For their own good the items and gold of others players needs to be returned ASAP.
  • Shaylied
    Shaylied
    I have had it happen twice now, originally put in an in game ticket that was never answered so sent one through the website support system and got answered that they were currently working on fixing the issue 15 mins after I sent my support ticket in then about 2 hours later sent me another email saying I needed to reply or they would shut the ticket down so I instantly sent them a reply to keep the ticket open as the issue is not resolved in any way. But hey, thanks for the 3x pets and maps.... like that really makes any difference to me right now...

I had 100 bank slots open filled up lost 40 items and some where between 20-25k gold. Current bank is at 60/60 and currently making all 7 alts just to hold my items for me .....

[[Incident: 140412-110225]
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    cbrons wrote: »

Seems like you would fit in perfectly with the customer service administration at Zenimax, except you would have to refrain from openly posting about the fact that you don't care about your customers.

Here's a tip for idiot fan boys like yourself - just leave this thread and don't post another word, lest you annoying paying customers on here even further & cause them to cancel their subs and thus hurt the game you want to see succeed.

This.

Zenimax....GIVE MY FRIENDS BACK THEIR ITEMS AND GOLD PLEASE!

They gave you $100...could they play the game now please?

Thanks
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭

I believe I emphasized trust, and I completely agree. But to say "I'm going to quit because -this- happened!" is rather shortsighted. What matters is their response, which they have now had 18 hours to work on a fix for. That is to say, 18 hours since the number of people suffering from the lost bank space bug increased dramatically.

The following needs to happen:

1) A fix to the lost bank space, so that it doesn't happen anymore, this week. Period.

2) Restoration of bank space to those that lost theirs, or reimbursement in gold for the value of purchasing that bank space. Again, this week.

3) Item restoration to those accounts affected (if it's even possible; I don't think anyone can say at this point whether it is or there are frequent enough back ups to know what you had when the bug occurred). Depending on whether this has to be done manually, this might take up to an additional week.

Anything less than that, on that timeline, and I'll be joining you in the hate-ZOS fanclub.

Edited by Osi on April 13, 2014 9:59PM
  • destructor646646b14_ESO
    I'm just posting my ticket number in here because frankly I don't trust the mail system at all:

140408-083683: I just got the preorder items mailed to me a second time...

While I didn't lose any items, I am (still) out the 4300G I invested in making the bank bigger. And I don't dare put more money into it because I got hit with the bug a SECOND time earlier today.

Haven't been able to use the bank properly now for 5 days now. And it really sucks.
  • MaximusDredd
    At least most of you people can still play. Some of us lost literally everything, including all skill points, so please stop posting 10 times about your loss of some bank slots...
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it remotely possible that this bug is being caused by having alts that skipped the Coldharbor tutorial? I mean, this feature is something that was added *right* at the end of beta, and thus may not have been fully tested.

If so, that would explain why it didn't happen to me - I do have 2 alts, but I did Coldharbor on both of them.
  • jb1b84
    jb1b84
    ...stuff
    Just out of curiousity, do you have any friends on Youtube? They might come in handy
  • Withoutsoul

This.

They're hurting their own game by not fixing this with a hotfix right this second...like WoW, FF, LotR Online, Everquest, etc would have done right away.

I know one buddy of mine has 100K subs and is making a vid right now about how terrible the customer support is and is actively encouraging people not to play this game. He know's someone with 750K+ subs going to do the same thing if it happens to him.

For their own good the items and gold of others players needs to be returned ASAP.

Yes, we all know the power of negative publicity for a game, but with all due respect your buddy is an idiot. Encouraging potential players not to play this awesome game due to launch bugs just shows his nearsightedness. The game is great and fun, and I have seen a lot of issues being resolved in very short time, so it is progressing. Also customer support people are generally polite and very friendly on the phone. CS is definitely better than what I have ever seen from SWTOR for example. Just wait and see. There were bugs in the main story line, people reported them - they were fixed. No problem anymore. But if your "buddy" starts saying on youtube "game is so bad - you can't even progress through story line" - some thousands of people will not play it due to the bug that does not even exist anymore. And same thing could be true for the bank bug. Rushing to conclusions too quickly is always a bad idea.
  • Grimth
    Grimth
    ✭✭
    People losing bank slots has been happening since launch. They should have been fixing it since then. Not bring the server down during prime time to so called address this issue.

I'm one of the people that canceled my sub. All the down times and nothing getting fixed. The games not fun therefore I canceled my sub. Why should I pay for something I'm not happy with? So they can milk me as they try and figure out how do their jobs? If I failed at my job this bad I would be fired.

Take the issue outside of these forums the only way they are going to do anything is if you hurt them in the only place that matters. Money
This discussion has been closed.