The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire Revamp (No pun intended)

Rampeal
Rampeal
✭✭✭✭✭
We have a DLC coming up with one of the Dungeons focused on Vampires. We have a Crown Crate coming up that is heavily Vampire themed. Isn't about time we got a Vampire skill line revamp that it so desperately needs.

Now I am not going to make any suggestions,But one. Can we please flip the feeding to where the more you feed the stronger you are and the less you feed the weaker you are. The rest I leave up to ZoS

Vampire NEEDS to be more of a engaging skill line. As it is now you just get bit, apply passives, and don't feed and forget it. The skills are lackluster and rarely used. It is just a passive skill line, nothing more. You have armor sets for both Vampire and Werewolf and I can guarantee Salvation gets used way more than Vampire Lord.

Vampires need some love and it is about time they get their moment to shine.

Vampire Revamp (No pun intended) 184 votes

Yes please
80%
darthgummibear_ESOjnjdun_ESOSuddwrathberzerkdethb14_ESO1daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOkennethkataltspecherb14_ESONemesis7884Iruil_ESOmartinhpb16_ESOAlienSlofKnootewootNebthet78Radianceleokafilyeb17_ESOphueinArwyrxenowarrior92eb17_ESOTanis-Stormbinder 148 votes
No thank you
19%
VajrakRedTalonthe.correonb16_ESOShadowHvoSoupDragonidkSkworAsysNeoXanthusJoosef_KivikilpiHvzedaLucyferLightbringerAkrasjelDefiltedAlboMaleficapod88kksusmitdsTyharBobby_V_RockitAnyron 36 votes
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being vampire we need the gap closer the bloodfiends have and the traditional vampire feeding animation like in skyrim.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    i'd like:

- a gap closer ability with a life drain effect
    - something akin to the skyrim vampire lord transformation
    - a cc ability themed around vampiric charm/seduction
    - make the feeding animation not silly
    - make bat swarm good again
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    Vampire is so weak Now... It has to be why 100% of the optimised pve magicka dd are running this i guess...

And dont say that their skills are bad...
    Mist is one of the Best pvp magicka escape in the game. The ultimate got his golden age, you know, Just a bad skill which allowed to 1v20 People with out get any damage /be an emperor...
  • the.correonb16_ESO
    the.correonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    Vampire active abilities are maybe moderate but their passives are considered to be very good.
    Your passives are not tied to a transformation like WW(who are getting toned down even more).
    Drawbacks to vampirism are also ignorable in pve, maybe not so much in pvp but i dont pvp so i wont comment on that.

So if you want em changed either you need some real drawbacks to being a vampire Oblivion style or expect nerfs soon after release.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ugly stick was to strong for me.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampeal wrote: »
    Vampires need some love and it is about time they get their moment to shine.
    No thanks, we don't need shiny, sparkly vampires in ESO! Keep them dark and bloody... :p;):trollface:

On a more serious note...

Yeah, there is a lot that could and perhaps should be done to revamp those bloodsucking fiends!

Foremost is the justice system interactions... Necromancing is illegal so we have a mechanic for this... it would only make sense is simply being a vampire would also get the guards riled up, yes? So, make all vampire skills a "criminal act" and also add a "vampire detection chance" per stage, say, 20% at 1, 40% at 2, 80% at 3 and auto at 4, with a "kill on sight" bounty if they find out you're a bloodsucking fiend as the guards come after you with stake and torch, cannot use vendors who would just screech and cower in fear at the "monster" (remember how people reacted to vampires in those rivenspire questings!), etc...
    ...but also add a "masquerade" skill to toggle that will lower your appearance and thus detection chance by one stage while active - at the cost of one skill slot (meaning, zero chance and completely mortal looking when using that one at stage 1) - just like Count Verandis Ravenwatch obviously is using during the first meeting in Shornhelm!

And also, I would love to see a lot more of the good old vampire clichés brought into ESO vampirism, to make these characters more feel like the classics rather then "just another PC with an extra skill line"...

I would love to see vampires also have a chance of auto-attacking innocents when on stage four. Just a "overwhelming bloodthirst" thing if blood-starved... makes sense, yes? Or perhaps add a "stage five" where this happens, as sign that your vampire has their blood thirst drow for too long and is actually starving now, perhaps with some hefty penalties as well to make it impossible for people to just "park their vampire at S-4" to gain the game benefits without some effort to keep them there or risk sliding into the "bad end" stage...

I would love to see some reason for vampires to shy away from "running water" - it could be a annoyingly reduced swimming speed, or a steady, massive magica drain while swimming... hey, it IS a classic, is it not?

I would love to see a "charm" skill or passive, to allow them to nibble at civilians without it being all crime-ish (as long as noone else sees it, of course). That one -could- also be useful as CC in combat to momentarily daze opponents (although, in most myths this "dominating gaze" only really works if the victim looks deep into the vampires eyes, not exactly something combat-useful...)

I would love to see the vampire feeding to not just -stun- but also damage! In days of blade of woe, it could at least suck away half their victims HP, right? Also, while talking about that... is it not annoying that those two are on the same trigger, and sometimes you use the wrong one if the mob you target moves half a step at the wrong time? Why not combine them both into a "Bite of Woe" that counts for both feedings and assassinations?

I would love to see player vampires use the same skills like common bloodfiends! That shadowy teleport! Definitely should be added to their arsenal, wouldn't you think? Also, bloodfiends... why are those lowly creatures attacking their vampiric superiors? Should they not know their place and realize that this is not a meal, but another undead, and maybe all be "yellow" non-aggro towards player vamps?

I would love to see vampires get a special mount that is -only- useable by characters that are vampires, with some sort of "bat swarm transformation" visuals...

I would love to see vampires stop geting food buff benefits... I mean, should they not be incapable of those, yet get "recently fed" buffs instead? And possibly have the option of making special "vampire" drink recipes with -actual blood- as part of the recipe that gives vampires only special buffs?

I would love to see vampires get a way to store blood in alchemically treated vials for "later use" when feeding at "full" (to sip later for better stage control, or to use in the aforementioned recipes)?

I would love to see vampires have an "vampire sanctuary" where they can gather and sociualize with other vampy players, have vampire-themed gear & furniture vendors, and vampire-themed crafting stations, vampire-themed daily quests (like, "sneak into this nobles home and put the bite towards their nubile daughter to teach them not to mess with the rulers of the night..." or "go into that dwelve and ambush the vampire hunter somewhere in it" or "bring this gift to the vampire lord that lives in this place..." - randomly selected and all over the maps!) and pomme-se-sang NPCs to snack on... they -could- redo and expand the map for the initiation quest for that one, could they not?
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    No vamp transform, it would just another WW.

WW - No passive benefit out of form (except the slotted bonus of WW ulti)
    Vamp - Mostly passive out of form and a couple skills.

I wouldn't object to a tweak of the already existing skills, but if Vamp requires a transform to be utilised, then that would only result in every Mag DPS becoming the same class, or Vamp becoming useless.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    We do not need to take the skill line with the strongest passives in the game and make it even stronger.

Just stop already, why are some trying to turn this game into Twilight, this is ESO not some teen angst drama RP

If anything Vampires need nerfed.
    Edited by Skwor on July 10, 2019 11:02AM
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    I love my vamp toons and the skills could probably do with a reworking to make them more usable/viable.
    But the way ZOS and this combat team do things it is the last thing I want currently.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    Skwor wrote: »
    We do not need to take the skill line with the strongest passives in the game and make it even stronger.

Just stop already, why are some trying to turn this game into Twilight, this is ESO not some teen angst drama RP

If anything Vampires need nerfed.

what does teen angst have to do with anything?

op is asking for improvements to vampire in eso the elder scrolls online the video game developed and maintained (citation needed) by zenimax online studios, a subsidiary of zenimax media corporation

so i don't know what stephanie meyer's series of novels later adapted into a series of films has to do with anything
    Edited by Browiseth on July 10, 2019 11:22AM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    @TheStealthDude your post pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter. Vampires need something new. Right now they are simply nusted used for their passives (mostly pve) and mist form (pvp)...that's it.

Being a vampire should be a playstyle not just certain stat boosts.
    -Guards should notice you at stage 4.
    -There should be a way to "hide" your affliction with a masquerade skill that has to be slotted on your bar.
    -Vampires should gain a bonus for feeding and not for "not" feeding. (Breaks the lore but ZOS did that already with Woodelf passive stealth change)
    -Should have more active skills. Right now we have mist, feeding/drain, and swarm.
    -A stealth kill animation of biting someone. Similiar to the DB stealth kill but for vampires using said skill. (Because i hate trying to stealth kill and end up feeding by accident)

Werewolves got an overhaul with their dungeon dlc, why not vampires?
    Edited by Michaelkeir on July 10, 2019 11:46AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    yes together with a dawnguard dlc...

a full skill line would be nice... and the dawnguard and vampire armors from skyrim
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on July 10, 2019 2:16PM
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    If you remember this skill you deserve a veterans discount :triumph:
    Qa7HCRS.jpg
    Edited by Kr3do on July 21, 2019 6:36AM
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I would like them to rework and finish the skill line properly. Bloodfiends are more vampiric than player characters at this point. Stage 4 should be considered a criminal act! Vampires are supposed to be feared and hated creatures by mortals lore wise, they should be attacked by guards on site and unable to interact with mortal NPCS. A vampire hub area with NPCs and players alike to trade and socialize with.

And change their appearance to more vampiric nature, current vampires are really white looking it would be cool if they were just slightly pale relative to the chosen skin colour and giving them claws, better feeding animation and stealth feeding animation.

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danara wrote: »
    Vampire is so weak Now... It has to be why 100% of the optimised pve magicka dd are running this i guess...

This makes 0 sense, they run vamp for regen passive. Only reason they do is it is free regen without any big downside. If there would be %1 stam regen bonus for human form werewolf, every stamm dd would run ww.

• Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    richo262 wrote: »

I wouldn't object to a tweak of the already existing skills, but if Vamp requires a transform to be utilised, then that would only result in every Mag DPS becoming the same class, or Vamp becoming useless.

Sure. Because pve is the only one game mode.
    Who cares about such nonsense as downbreaker and skilled tracker passive ?
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And dont say that their skills are bad...
    Mist is one of the Best pvp magicka escape in the game. The ultimate got his golden age, you know, Just a bad skill which allowed to 1v20 People with out get any damage /be an emperor...

100% of optimised pve magicka dd are running vampire simply for min max purposes (recovery passive).

OP is talking about a skill rework/adding new skills which would actually be pretty cool considering nothing but mist form is ever used. Read the post and don't be a butt.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Voluptificus
    Voluptificus
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    Vampires need not being that ugly at stage 4.Vampires have to remain attractives.
    I am happy with ultimate, actives and passives.

Just change the apparence :)

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide vampire skin, thanks.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    Remove the vampire skill line and passives, then make it a skin that can be hidden. Problem solved.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    Vampires need not being that ugly at stage 4.Vampires have to remain attractives.
    I am happy with ultimate, actives and passives.

Just change the apparence :)

To sum up... you want all the perks an no drawbacks
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you

This makes 0 sense, they run vamp for regen passive. Only reason they do is it is free regen without any big downside. If there would be %1 stam regen bonus for human form werewolf, every stamm dd would run ww.

Yes, this is what i sayed, free regen has to be very bad if you want it to be rework...

So tell me what do you want to rework it ? The only way to benefit from WW passives to transform, it takes your ults slot, it is bad as f***

Now you have the vampire skill line, which everyone take it because it is strong, and you want it to be up ? Even the mitigation damage is completely OP in pvp.

Turn the vampire skill line into something similar and it will be broken, or bad as WW

You want à transformation for RP ? Where did you that every vampire in TES are Vampire Lord ? There is a ton of vampire Who cant even control them selves
  • Censered
    Censered
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Weather you make them more or less powerful doesn't matter to me all I want is the is the vampire guilds from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

You had 3 opposing guilds one for magic, one for melee and one for stealth.

And yes you can put them into the crown store to suck more money from us.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    I think Vamp is in a good place. The slight changes coming are fine. Revamping the skill tree would not improve the current benefits.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    "We have a Crown Crate coming up that is heavily Vampire themed" source please?
    Edited by Gothrock on July 12, 2019 3:20PM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Complete overhaul please.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Yes. WW is something you play; Vamp is something you just are and forget about except being ugly.

Mist is fine. I hate the stun, but it's fine. The ultimate is great. Stealth speed is amazing. Vamp needs a debuff and a spammable, maybe. Some actual pros and cons to your feeding stage maybe.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

Why in the hell would I want vamp transform.i want to be able to hide that ***.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    change vampire feeding animation for the love of sithis!!!
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actualyl that one -is- a classic clichee - that vampires bet more "corpse-like" the longer they go without feeding. Read yoiur vampy literature, you will find this one a LOT.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Vamp needs a debuff and a spammable, maybe. Some actual pros and cons to your feeding stage maybe.
    Actually they don't really need those, since they -do- get access to all their class skills too (unlike werewolves who forget all that when going furry)
    And vampire -does- mesh beautifully with magica nightblade, just sayin... ;)
    Still, it would always be fun to have more to play with, yes? They could crib some skills from classes, redo them in vampire blood magic, slap a "criminal act, you monster" effect to them and...

More effect to your feeding stage, yeah, definitely. That's the one that vexes me the most, obviously from my earlier list, that people just "park" their characters at stage 4 for the "desperately blood starved" benefits, yet have no effective drawbacks. Oh, sure, they are more flammable without all that blood to quench sparks, but... nothing that affects their playstyle (and the fire thing can be dealt with... dunmer racials, ring of fire resitance, etc.)
    Delpi wrote: »
    change vampire feeding animation for the love of sithis!!!
    YES!
    It should be easy enough, as soon as a vampy joins the brotherhood, give them a "jump victim and tear into their throat in a manner pleasing to Sithis!" animation for -both- effects. Feed and kill in one stroke! No more failed assassination missions because your target made a stap at the wrong time!