The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vampire Revamp (No pun intended)

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk the WW update was not very well done.

PS4 NA turn animation has been broken, ww quest still buggy, & meh balancing after. Little player feedback was taken in also.

Nice of zos to add the frost skin to hide vamp looks though, that's a plus.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 12, 2019 4:57PM
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    danara wrote: »
    Vampire is so weak Now... It has to be why 100% of the optimised pve magicka dd are running this i guess...

This makes 0 sense, they run vamp for regen passive. Only reason they do is it is free regen without any big downside. If there would be %1 stam regen bonus for human form werewolf, every stamm dd would run ww.

Yes, this is what i sayed, free regen has to be very bad if you want it to be rework...

So tell me what do you want to rework it ? The only way to benefit from WW passives to transform, it takes your ults slot, it is bad as f***

Now you have the vampire skill line, which everyone take it because it is strong, and you want it to be up ? Even the mitigation damage is completely OP in pvp.

Turn the vampire skill line into something similar and it will be broken, or bad as WW

You want à transformation for RP ? Where did you that every vampire in TES are Vampire Lord ? There is a ton of vampire Who cant even control them selves

FALSE.

There is Stam regen in base form for WW. 15% infact, But you have to slot the ultimate , which I might add Vampires should have to do as well. But they don't. THIS is why everyone is a vampire.

ESO and TES has ALWAYS been RP first, hence the genre of MMORPG. This takes priority over all else.

And Yes there are other Vampires out there, but our strand comes from Lamae Bal. The first vampire. We were turned by her which makes us "Pure-bloods".

Vampire Lord: "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself."

Hence we have the ability to become one.

Plus it would make the skill line feel more like a vampire rather than a tool for meta players to use for a free regen buff.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampeal wrote: »
    We have a DLC coming up with one of the Dungeons focused on Vampires. We have a Crown Crate coming up that is heavily Vampire themed. Isn't about time we got a Vampire skill line revamp that it so desperately needs.

Now I am not going to make any suggestions,But one. Can we please flip the feeding to where the more you feed the stronger you are and the less you feed the weaker you are. The rest I leave up to ZoS

Vampire NEEDS to be more of a engaging skill line. As it is now you just get bit, apply passives, and don't feed and forget it. The skills are lackluster and rarely used. It is just a passive skill line, nothing more. You have armor sets for both Vampire and Werewolf and I can guarantee Salvation gets used way more than Vampire Lord.

Vampires need some love and it is about time they get their moment to shine.

There were some minor improvements made to Vampire if I remember the patch notes correctly.

The ultimate is getting a buff - their drain can no longer be dodged - and I think it's getting an extra tick or something. Though I believe they nerfed the healing on it also so that's probably a wash or maybe even a net nerf since it will take longer for the same effect.

Mist Form is good in PvP (and some tanks love it for PvE) and their drain move can be pretty good on high health builds as a heal. So I don't think they're useless or that the skill line is only good for the passives. I use the hell out of my vampire abilities on some of my character builds.

All that being said: I'll agree their skills are situational and I wouldn't oppose some new skills or buffs.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 13, 2019 3:16AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    I like the skill line as it is on live. OP is wrong that it is only as set of passives as their are skills.

Further, I see the vamp line as far superior that WW has ever been. idk, but it seems OP wants the vamp line to be more like WW which is basically worthless as you only benefit from WW while in form and then can only use skills from the WW line. Yea, I know it can be fun (I have a couple for novelty) but it does not compete with top dps and never should.

So no. And if it does not get a remake this year then I would not hold out on it because Zos is in the middle of doing major changes based on the feedback they have been getting and that has included vampire line. BTW, the OP of this thread does not really provide actual feedback other than OP wants it to be different so nothing to see here.
    Options
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    idk wrote: »
    I like the skill line as it is on live. OP is wrong that it is only as set of passives as their are skills.

Further, I see the vamp line as far superior that WW has ever been. idk, but it seems OP wants the vamp line to be more like WW which is basically worthless as you only benefit from WW while in form and then can only use skills from the WW line. Yea, I know it can be fun (I have a couple for novelty) but it does not compete with top dps and never should.

So no. And if it does not get a remake this year then I would not hold out on it because Zos is in the middle of doing major changes based on the feedback they have been getting and that has included vampire line. BTW, the OP of this thread does not really provide actual feedback other than OP wants it to be different so nothing to see here.

I bet your "Far superior " would go out the window if you had to have a skill slotted, Which it should.

As far as WW goes, what are you talking about? I can do 40k on my werewolf easy. And if you are referring it to doing 100k, well that is going the way of the dodo next patch.

And No the skills are horrid. The ultimate is very weak, The most is extremely situational and only decent in pvp, but gets out shined by far more useful skills, and the drain essence is a channeled stun...nuff said.

As of right now the "Meta" and most others only use it for the regen passive. You can not deny this. And if they ever did change it "Which they should" The Meta would cry so hard because they would lose their regen passive. That is the only reason I think you and many others are against it because you do not want to lose your free regen passive.
    Options
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just link my previous thread on the subject

Proposal: Vampire Rebalance

Options
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Encourage feeding. Make stage 1 the most powerful one. Using vampire abilities would still drain you out and you would have to feed regularly to keep your strength, as it should have been from the start. That would solve both the botched vampire "logic" and the problem most people have with the looks. Stage 1 looks pretty good IMO. Definitely don't allow turning the skin off.

Make feeding cool. Perhaps change it to be an alternative to Blade of Woe? They already both require stealth and even use the same damn key so why not. Make 2-3 cool feeding animations. Feeding would kill a target for 25% xp etc.

Add more abilities to complete the skill line. Make sure it's viable for both magicka and stamina builds (stam morphs).

Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Skwor wrote: »
    Vampires need not being that ugly at stage 4.Vampires have to remain attractives.
    I am happy with ultimate, actives and passives.

Just change the apparence :)

To sum up... you want all the perks an no drawbacks

oh boy, if literally the only reason you're going to post here is to reject any answers favoring vampirism changes, just get out.

"YoU wAnT aLl ThE pErKs An No DrAwBaCkS"

please park your arse outside of this thread and stay out because people like you are not welcome.
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Vampire is so weak Now... It has to be why 100% of the optimised pve magicka dd are running this i guess...

This makes 0 sense, they run vamp for regen passive. Only reason they do is it is free regen without any big downside. If there would be %1 stam regen bonus for human form werewolf, every stamm dd would run ww.

Yes, this is what i sayed, free regen has to be very bad if you want it to be rework...

So tell me what do you want to rework it ? The only way to benefit from WW passives to transform, it takes your ults slot, it is bad as f***

Now you have the vampire skill line, which everyone take it because it is strong, and you want it to be up ? Even the mitigation damage is completely OP in pvp.

Turn the vampire skill line into something similar and it will be broken, or bad as WW

You want à transformation for RP ? Where did you that every vampire in TES are Vampire Lord ? There is a ton of vampire Who cant even control them selves

lol

the regen IS bad, the passives ARE bad, the ONLY reason people run it is because it's free and doesnt require you to add vampiric skills to your bar to access the passives.

also vampirism is not nearly as strong as you think it is. everyone certainly does not take it. i have never used it because the passives, while mildly beneficial, have never been enough to make me want to be a vampire in game and it certainly isn't strong enough to be mandatory.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you

FALSE.

There is Stam regen in base form for WW. 15% infact, But you have to slot the ultimate , which I might add Vampires should have to do as well. But they don't. THIS is why everyone is a vampire.

ESO and TES has ALWAYS been RP first, hence the genre of MMORPG. This takes priority over all else.

And Yes there are other Vampires out there, but our strand comes from Lamae Bal. The first vampire. We were turned by her which makes us "Pure-bloods".

Vampire Lord: "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself."

Plus it would make the skill line feel more like a vampire rather than a tool for meta players to use for a free regen buff.

FALSE.

Yeah, it is kind of humorous with all the vampire stuff we have been inundated with over the years, that people seem to think there is a set stereotype with set benefits and limitations.

Fact is, every writer who adds vampires to their genre creates their own specific ' type ' of vampire. Some change into wolves and bats and fog, other do not. some are affected by garlic and crosses, other are not. some cant cross running water and incinerate immediately in sunlight, others do not. some have vampires that can get pregnant, some do not.

There is no single set of rules that says - This is what a vampire is required to have.

Thus, Zos is perfectly;y well within their rights to create their own type of vampire for their genre. That's what we got, and those benefits and detriments are what we deal with in this game.

:#
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    barney2525 wrote: »

FALSE.

FALSE.

Yeah, it is kind of humorous with all the vampire stuff we have been inundated with over the years, that people seem to think there is a set stereotype with set benefits and limitations.

Fact is, every writer who adds vampires to their genre creates their own specific ' type ' of vampire. Some change into wolves and bats and fog, other do not. some are affected by garlic and crosses, other are not. some cant cross running water and incinerate immediately in sunlight, others do not. some have vampires that can get pregnant, some do not.

There is no single set of rules that says - This is what a vampire is required to have.

Thus, Zos is perfectly;y well within their rights to create their own type of vampire for their genre. That's what we got, and those benefits and detriments are what we deal with in this game.

and those benefits and detriments are absolute garbage.
    Options
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thank you

And dont say that their skills are bad...
    Mist is one of the Best pvp magicka escape in the game. The ultimate got his golden age, you know, Just a bad skill which allowed to 1v20 People with out get any damage /be an emperor...

This. I'm not even going to start because Vampires are an absolute trigger point for me in this game with how broken their Passives and abilities are. (Ever fought a group of three Vampire Magplars? Good luck)
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please

Mist is one of the Best pvp magicka escape in the game. The ultimate got his golden age, you know, Just a bad skill which allowed to 1v20 People with out get any damage /be an emperor...

This. I'm not even going to start because Vampires are an absolute trigger point for me in this game with how broken their Passives and abilities are. (Ever fought a group of three Vampire Magplars? Good luck)

Broken? LMFAO anyone with half a brain can pick apart vampires easily, the fact you actually struggle shows you need a lot more experience in PvP, do you even use the fire destruction staff? how about fighters guild abilities? Dawnbreaker?

vampires are by far one of the easiest things to squash with the right skills, and since most of those skills are meta for PvP right now...
    you see where im going with this?

vampires are not OP or Broken, they aren't even decent.

Options
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please

Shouldn't you be FOR a revamp then? I don't understand your logic. Everyone voting yes thinks vampires need changes for whatever reason. You complain they are broken OP, yet you want to them stay this way.

?????
    Edited by Xarko on July 13, 2019 1:08PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Remember the Vamp Lord set? It has no purpose in it's current form. It doesn't even look unique.

A couple of years ago, you would get Dark Stalker at Stage 1, but not have the drawbacks of the later stages. So there was a point to managing your vamp level. It had the unfortunate side effect of making everyone want to be vamp just for that passive, but I gotta say cloaking up behind someone and and feeding on them in PVP to keep your stage down was truly troll-worthy. Also, often suicidal. :dizzy:
    Options
  • xandervalo
    xandervalo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Defilted wrote: »
    I think Vamp is in a good place. The slight changes coming are fine. Revamping the skill tree would not improve the current benefits.

i 2nd that
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Vampire lord transformation ultimate
    - Bats ulti becomes an aoe attack.
    - drain, marking, vision as ability.
    - bleeding from attacks
    -
    Options
  • xandervalo
    xandervalo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    i just want to be a vamp again can we just remove fire damge to 25% and have normal recovery at nights. and make them pretty ffs so ugly i miss vamp. i loved it but fire dmg is just to much for a sorc with little health lower resist and low stam pool i just got stunned and burned to death lol
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xandervalo wrote: »
    i just want to be a vamp again can we just remove fire damge to 25% and have normal recovery at nights. and make them pretty ffs so ugly i miss vamp. i loved it but fire dmg is just to much for a sorc with little health lower resist and low stam pool i just got stunned and burned to death lol

Yeah the extra damage you can take from fire can hurt a lot. That weakness is often dismissed as insignificant on these forums. But it isn't.
    Options
  • xandervalo
    xandervalo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Jeremy wrote: »

Yeah the extra damage you can take from fire can hurt a lot. That weakness is often dismissed as insignificant on these forums. But it isn't.

Not at all and a fire resist glyph is not a solution its insane people even suggest that, so you want me to waste glyphs to be still below normal fire damage intake and health recov? i would actually not mind a vamp form as suggested as long as it takes away the ugly from my toon and only takes increase fire damage in the form just like a wear wolf. We should get a pssive like ww too for magicka recovery while slotted.
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Jeremy wrote: »

Not at all and a fire resist glyph is not a solution its insane people even suggest that, so you want me to waste glyphs to be still below normal fire damage intake and health recov? i would actually not mind a vamp form as suggested as long as it takes away the ugly from my toon and only takes increase fire damage in the form just like a wear wolf. We should get a pssive like ww too for magicka recovery while slotted.

this is true, i guarantee you the only ones who fight the idea of removing this, are the ones who build fire/dawnbreaker builds to squash vamps and dont want that advantage taken away
    Options
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Xarko wrote: »
    Encourage feeding. Make stage 1 the most powerful one. Using vampire abilities would still drain you out and you would have to feed regularly to keep your strength, as it should have been from the start. That would solve both the botched vampire "logic" and the problem most people have with the looks. Stage 1 looks pretty good IMO. Definitely don't allow turning the skin off.

Nah I kinda like it they way it is to be fair. Maybe to encourage feeding have a temp provisions drink buff depending on who you feed of off. Would make more sense and players don't need to keep feeding constantly as it probably becomes more annoying if anything.

They can also disable normal provision effects from eating food and drinks so vampires get no bonus from eating/drinking normal provisions but they can still craft them as normal. They can add solid food effects if vampire consumes different raw meats(but buffs are a lot more weaker when food is not cooked). This way it also adds minor drawback as well to becoming a vamp.

That way it makes more sense in game and lore wise , as well as, it's probably a lot easier for ZOS to implement.
    Edited by Slimebrow on July 20, 2019 2:05PM
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I would personally like to see an entire DLC that is vampire themed and where, the player, depending on choices, will get infected with vampirism. I would also like to see the same thing for Werewolves. And along with both an appropriate revamp of both skill lines making them more appealing.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you
    barney2525 wrote: »

FALSE.

FALSE.

and those benefits and detriments are absolute garbage.

well, that's neither here nor there. It's their vampire, they can do what they want with it

:)
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothrock wrote: »
    "We have a Crown Crate coming up that is heavily Vampire themed" source please?

The new moon crate datamine has a bunch of vampire themed stuff:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484150/data-mining-new-crown-store-items-from-5-1-0/p1
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    I would personally like to see an entire DLC that is vampire themed and where, the player, depending on choices, will get infected with vampirism. I would also like to see the same thing for Werewolves. And along with both an appropriate revamp of both skill lines making them more appealing.

I’d rather have that idea than a dungeon I’m never going to buy
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
    The ult is excellent for 1vX or for open world pve. The drain is an unblockable CC, imagine combinig it with meteor. U can drop perma block from tanks. Mist form don't need any explanation.

Vampire is very good as it is. You should learn to play around it, not modify it around you
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    We have a DLC coming up with one of the Dungeons focused on Vampires. We have a Crown Crate coming up that is heavily Vampire themed. Isn't about time we got a Vampire skill line revamp that it so desperately needs.

Now I am not going to make any suggestions,But one. Can we please flip the feeding to where the more you feed the stronger you are and the less you feed the weaker you are. The rest I leave up to ZoS

Vampire NEEDS to be more of a engaging skill line. As it is now you just get bit, apply passives, and don't feed and forget it. The skills are lackluster and rarely used. It is just a passive skill line, nothing more. You have armor sets for both Vampire and Werewolf and I can guarantee Salvation gets used way more than Vampire Lord.

Vampires need some love and it is about time they get their moment to shine.

Anyone who doesn't think vampires need a rework need to get real with themselves at this point tbh. The class has 3 skills total and that's less than MOST vampire npcs.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please

Just because something is good in PvP doesn't mean it's a good skill in the rest of the game. All of vampire's abilities do not have a practical use in PvE.

Your argument for "mist being on the of the best escapes in PvP" kinda displays this. If that's your only defense for their skills, then yes, I WOULD say they need to be revamped if the only thing worth mentioning about vampires is "oh yeah they have that 1 skill that is very good in pvp and no where else."
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    Defilted wrote: »
    I think Vamp is in a good place. The slight changes coming are fine. Revamping the skill tree would not improve the current benefits.

How is vamp in a good place thematically and gameplay wise? Please do explain your logic to me.

It has 3 skills.
    Only 1 (maybe two with the right build) are ever used, but only in PvP. If you say you use them in PvE, you're not doing anything harder than normal dungeons and even then the only skill that would make sense is the swarm, which still isn't that strong compared to other AoE ultimates.
    The vampire npcs have more vampiric stuff than we do. They could EASILY and I mean easily give us the abilities vampire npcs have.

I don't understand how someone can look at every magicka player taking vampire for "muh passives" and not, you know, "to be a vampire" and say "Yeah that's good game design."

Vampire should NOT be the go-to subclass for every magicka build and it should not only have 3 abilities. It is not in a good spot right now and the fact it's only had 1 skill change over 5 years shows how outdated it is, it feels unfinished and unpolished.
    Options