Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp vigor

• Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    I think that this tooltip in the screenshot is totally out of context and not realistic. You could probably do it by adding ritual mundus, powered weapons , major mending, vitality etc but that's not a realistic PvP build. If anyone knows more about the 52k vigor tooltip screenshot let me know

Your right, people always inflate the tooltips every patch on things and make it look broken. My vigor has 22k tooltip with 5k weapon damage and 30k stamina plus some healing recieved from troll kill.

This will be a medium armor meta where heals will do less than resists anyway, everyone will have huge burst, especially with the new gamebreaking 2h ult. A huge vigor tooltip through having continuous, stacking major mending and vitality and being near a keep will do little when you get bursted 100-0 in one combo.

Also it's bugged atm, in no cp my vigor has a 20k tooltip but only ticks for 1.7k

@Crixus8000 Also bleeds on penetration builds will be stupid strong still. And don't forget about dragonknights with corrosive or stamsorcs in dw/bow who will be using the azureblyat and/or the durozak (or sth) sets.

The more I think about this, the more Xv1 intensifies.
    Edited by Trian94 on July 9, 2019 5:15PM
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Khenzy wrote: »
    I'm in PTS. Can confirm. Resolving Vigor is nuts. 21 to 25k tooltips on average, and it can get significantly higher.
    Rally is also really good as the base heal is stronger than before and it gets stronger every second so you can use it sooner and more often for some nice and decent direct heals.
    That and the new shuffle, stamina toons are in for a treat next patch.

The Hidden Blade gap closer is meh, it takes two actions even if off the global CD.
    I still don't like Dizzing Swing, but you can't deny it's a strong skill.

Edit:
    I was thnking.

What about some bleed based Dragon Knight with Corrosive Armor/Onslought with Vigor, Rally, Ataeum food with health recovery+Troll King+Lingering health potions+Cauterize+Blood Craze? Immortal?

My concerns exactly.

I can't help this is all in CP at which point I'm like.... Who gives a bleep?

I would like to see a standard build's tooltips in no CP

Plenty of people care. I’d argue at least half of the pvp population are cp players.

Actually most pvp players are CP. None CP is dead on all other platforms except PC. Even there it dwarfs in comparison to CP. Battlegrounds are non cp I understand that.

uh what? Cyro zerglings don't count as pvpers. Ps4 BG ques are instant so I'd say real non cp pvp is very much a significant population. One full campaign doesn't count for as much as you think. Cyro is hot garbage so don't take the fact that the non cp isn't as populated to mean anything other than BGs are just the way better mode.

Lol whatever I have played both by the way I don't run in zergs. Your statements are generalized at best. There are crap ton of people that solo in cryodiil. Having a small group of experienced players taking out 2 to 3 times its own numbers it quite gratifying. BGs have been on and off for sometime espeacially on PC. 2 Qs in 45 mins is broke. I personally do not like non CP mainly because the game is balanced around CP atm.

PC problem. Ques are instant on console unless it is 4am. Then it's 5-10 minutes. And I didn't say good players weren't in cyro. Just that the majority of them I wouldn't call pvpers. They are there for the RP wargames and ap farm usually. My point was about where the majority of dedicated pvpers would spend their time. Or where people actually go for a dedicated pvp experience. The reason for being in cyro are many beyond pvp. So you can't just take the population at face value.

Also if the game was really balanced around cp then cp battlegrounds would work. Unless you are farming potatoes fights against similarly skill and geared opponents takes an inordinate amount of time. Half the time when I run into someone else competant we duke it out for 10 min then break off in a draw as it's a waste of time if we are both utilizing los and stuff. Hardly balanced at all around cp as far as pvp goes.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 9, 2019 5:42PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenzy wrote: »
    I'm in PTS. Can confirm. Resolving Vigor is nuts. 21 to 25k tooltips on average, and it can get significantly higher.
    Rally is also really good as the base heal is stronger than before and it gets stronger every second so you can use it sooner and more often for some nice and decent direct heals.
    That and the new shuffle, stamina toons are in for a treat next patch.

The Hidden Blade gap closer is meh, it takes two actions even if off the global CD.
    I still don't like Dizzing Swing, but you can't deny it's a strong skill.

Edit:
    I was thnking.

What about some bleed based Dragon Knight with Corrosive Armor/Onslought with Vigor, Rally, Ataeum food with health recovery+Troll King+Lingering health potions+Cauterize+Blood Craze? Immortal?

My concerns exactly.

I can't help this is all in CP at which point I'm like.... Who gives a bleep?

I would like to see a standard build's tooltips in no CP

Plenty of people care. I’d argue at least half of the pvp population are cp players.

Actually most pvp players are CP. None CP is dead on all other platforms except PC. Even there it dwarfs in comparison to CP. Battlegrounds are non cp I understand that.

uh what? Cyro zerglings don't count as pvpers. Ps4 BG ques are instant so I'd say real non cp pvp is very much a significant population. One full campaign doesn't count for as much as you think. Cyro is hot garbage so don't take the fact that the non cp isn't as populated to mean anything other than BGs are just the way better mode.

Lol whatever I have played both by the way I don't run in zergs. Your statements are generalized at best. There are crap ton of people that solo in cryodiil. Having a small group of experienced players taking out 2 to 3 times its own numbers it quite gratifying. BGs have been on and off for sometime espeacially on PC. 2 Qs in 45 mins is broke. I personally do not like non CP mainly because the game is balanced around CP atm.

PC problem. Ques are instant on console unless it is 4am. Then it's 5-10 minutes. And I didn't say good players weren't in cyro. Just that the majority of them I wouldn't call pvpers. They are there for the RP wargames and ap farm usually. My point was about where dedicated pvpers would spend their time.

Also if the game was really balanced around cp the cp battlegrounds would work. Unless you are farming potatoes fights against similarly skill and geared opponents takes an inordinate amount of time. Half the time when I run into someone else competant we duke it out for 10 min then break off in a draw as it's a waste of time if we are both utilizing los and stuff. Hardly balanced at all around cp as far as pvp goes.

Xbox NA queue is 5ish minutes. Ftr.

Add in the messy group finder part- you can be accepting queues for 5 minutes as well.
    Edited by Insco851 on July 9, 2019 5:43PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    1,7k ticks seem about right with a 20k tooltip when considering battlespirit. (20k*0,5 /6 = ~1,66k per tick)
    And i don't think burst will be stronger. Medium builds can be just as tanky as heavy builds by using defense sets and protective traits (see light armor builds) and the only burst ability that got buffed is the 2h ult and even there the initial dmg is the same and the added pen will be best utilized by pre stacking DoTs. If the cast time on many ults go live that's actually a nerf to burst.

I might be wrong because i haven't tested anything so far, but from the looks of it, the meta might develop into an arms race between HoT and DoT stacking - not something i'm looking forward to.

Your right, I thought it worked different.

As for burst I mean it will be more meta than last patch since medium is looking better than heavy. I think we will see much more bursty medium builds going around, especially since snb was just gutted. And for stamdk, stamsorc and stamden I think dizzy is the only decent option now, plus it was just buffed so there will be lots of hard hitting dizzy builds in cyro.

The 2h ult is overpowered imo. It was strong before, but ignoring everyones resists for 16 secons is too much and this will be the best ult choice for stam by far so basically every stam player now ignores everyones resists. I hope the cast time on ults goes but even if it stays I don't think it will make much of a difference to this ult mainly becuse 16 seconds is a long time when you hit that hard.

@Crixus8000 Also bleeds on penetration builds will be stupid strong still. And don't forget about dragonknights with corrosive or stamsorcs in dw/bow who will be using the azureblyat and/or the durozak (or sth) sets.

Ye xv1 seems stronger now :/

Also I tested bleeds on pts and they are strong, and just become an instant win with the 2h ult. bloodcraze was ticking near 5k a second, thats crazy.

Edited by Crixus8000 on July 9, 2019 6:16PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    1,7k ticks seem about right with a 20k tooltip when considering battlespirit. (20k*0,5 /6 = ~1,66k per tick)
    And i don't think burst will be stronger. Medium builds can be just as tanky as heavy builds by using defense sets and protective traits (see light armor builds) and the only burst ability that got buffed is the 2h ult and even there the initial dmg is the same and the added pen will be best utilized by pre stacking DoTs. If the cast time on many ults go live that's actually a nerf to burst.

I might be wrong because i haven't tested anything so far, but from the looks of it, the meta might develop into an arms race between HoT and DoT stacking - not something i'm looking forward to.

I think your right, I thought it worked different.

As for burst I mean it will be more meta than last patch since medium is looking better than heavy. I think we will see much more bursty medium builds going around, especially since snb was just gutted. And for stamdk, stamsorc and stamden I think dizzy is the only decent option now, plus it was just buffed so there will be lots of hard hitting dizzy builds in cyro.

The 2h ult is overpowered imo. It was strong before, but ignoring everyones resists for 16 secons is too much and this will be the best ult choice for stam by far so basically every stam player now ignores everyones resists. I hope the cast time on ults goes but even if it stays I don't think it will make much of a difference to this ult mainly becuse 16 seconds is a long time when you hit that hard.

Ye xv1 seems stronger now :/

Also I tested bleeds on pts and they are strong, and just become an instant win with the 2h ult. bloodcraze was ticking near 5k a second, thats crazy.

Shouldn't it be like 2k/tick or is it that vigor ticks 6 times when including the first heal? I can't remember tbh
    PC EU

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't it be like 2k/tick or is it that vigor ticks 6 times when including the first heal? I can't remember tbh

Ye it ticks 6 times. I forgot and assumed it ticked 5 times so I thought my heals was lower, my mistake ^^

Edited by Crixus8000 on July 9, 2019 6:19PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭

Ye it ticks 6 times. I forgot and assumed it ticked 5 times so I thought my heals was lower, my mistake ^^

My god this isn't nearly enough to combat the bleeding Xv1 enthusiasts, especially in medium armour. I wanted to ditch TK for good this patch and use bloodspawn instead. Also not using bloodspawn in medium is most likely gonna result in going from 100-0 in a sec next patch.
    PC EU

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with heals is that they don't scale with incoming dmg/number of attackers (same applies to shields). If you balance them around 1vsX, then 1vs1 turn quickly into stalemates (and if X is big enough, no amount of healing is going to save you anyway).

They need to bring back means to avoid dmg (mobility/better performance so you can actually react to stuff/...) rather than forcing someone to facetank and outheal, which will always favour numbers.

• Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is in how DMG is designed tbh. Bleeds and over time DMG needs a nerf so it's more like a chiselling mechanic rather than a run-you-dry-off-of-this-universe mechanic. Give a little bit more damage to magdk dot abilities because the class is built around them and all good. Then you'll have more of a burst/outplay game style.
    Edited by Trian94 on July 9, 2019 8:36PM
    PC EU

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with heals is that they don't scale with incoming dmg/number of attackers (same applies to shields). If you balance them around 1vsX, then 1vs1 turn quickly into stalemates (and if X is big enough, no amount of healing is going to save you anyway).

They need to bring back means to avoid dmg (mobility/better performance so you can actually react to stuff/...) rather than forcing someone to facetank and outheal, which will always favour numbers.

I like you, have an insightful
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got excited seeing that 52k tooltip screenie someone took. So I went and, without changing my build AT ALL, got the before and afters.

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

and for context since I'm not a hack, here's my character sheet (note; no major buffs at time of the sheet: no brutality or savagery):

unknown.png

Seems to me that it IS an 85% buff from the base value, as was stated. From what you have live on resolving though, you're discussing a very rough estimate of a 42% buff.

Anyone with a 52k screenshot wanna post their character sheet and list of buffs plox?

No?

Didn't think so.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 9, 2019 9:41PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I got excited seeing that 52k tooltip screenie someone took. So I went and, without changing my build AT ALL, got the before and afters.

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

and for context since I'm not a hack, here's my character sheet (note; no major buffs at time of the sheet: no brutality or savagery):

unknown.png

Seems to me that it IS an 85% buff from the base value, as was stated. From what you have live on resolving though, you're discussing a very rough estimate of a 42% buff.

Anyone with a 52k screenshot wanna post their character sheet and list of buffs plox?

No?

Didn't think so.

How tf you sustaining on necro with 1000 Stam gen?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

unknown.png

No?

Didn't think so.

PvE? A heavy attack rotation. Which may be the new norm with all the coming dots.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

unknown.png

No?

Didn't think so.

PvE? A heavy attack rotation. Which may be the new norm with all the coming dots.

Ah ok. That makes more sense.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

unknown.png

No?

Didn't think so.

Is that a PvE or PvP build?
    PC EU

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

unknown.png

No?

Didn't think so.

PvE
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭

Before:

unknown.png

After:

unknown.png

unknown.png

No?

Didn't think so.

PvE

Ok, thanks.
    PC EU

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl come here complaing vigor OP.

They then full full high dmg builds (balorgh?), mendings, vitality, likely buffed near keeps, warhorned? Full heal cp etc...... Every buff in the game.

Then throw on some super inflated tooltip in attempt to get it nerfed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...