The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Housing

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you like the new furnishings?
  • This update includes the third tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. If you were able to check out this new wing, what did you think?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    I love the new craft-able Gate. I hope to see many new doorways added. Heres example for another that i saw when doing a sacrament or heist. it was interactable allowing it to open already
    ldwswc6cnpbf.png
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on July 8, 2019 7:24PM
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a big, non-removable cluster of boulders right in the middle of Moonsugar Meadow?

It would seem to defeat the purpose of a completely open landscape for building.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there slaughterfish in the water of Moon-sugar meadow? Its barely a lake, those slaughterfish shouldnt be there. It prohibits exploration and swimming.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    post tours of the new houses for us console plebs!
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mediator Faustina Curio offers the prior legendary recipes and new recipe envelopes for Summerset and Clockwork City."

Why is she offering Blue and Purple furniture recipes for Summerset, but only Blue furniture recipes for Clockwork City?
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lgqqgy5qv8yk.png

Is there a reason the gate to leave your Moon-Sugar house doesn't have an actual wall or fencing on either side?

Also why is there slaughterfish in the water, so close to the beach? If you want to set an invisible wall to keep us from swimming completely out to the large rock border of the land, that would be fine, but not slaughterfish so close to the beach, cutting our swimming area short.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Mediator Faustina Curio offers the prior legendary recipes and new recipe envelopes for Summerset and Clockwork City."

Why is she offering Blue and Purple furniture recipes for Summerset, but only Blue furniture recipes for Clockwork City?
    It's actually 'Clockwork Mixed Furnisher's Document' which costs 30 writs, and gives a Blue recipe with a chance for dropping a Purple instead! The Summerset Journeyman Furnisher's Document is 20 writs for blue schematic, and the Summerset Master Furnisher's Document is 50 writs for a purple schematic.

Now, I'm not sure which system is better, and why we get one mixed and one separate document set, but I'll just quickly say that finally being able to purchase old blueprints is a great change so give a cookie to the dev who implemented these!!! :cookie::heart:
    Edited by bluebird on July 8, 2019 9:06PM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

It's actually 'Clockwork Mixed Furnisher's Document' which costs 30 writs, and gives a Blue recipe with a chance for dropping a Purple instead! The Summerset Journeyman Furnisher's Document is 20 writs for blue schematic, and the Summerset Master Furnisher's Document is 50 writs for a purple schematic.

Now, I'm not sure which system is better, and why we get one mixed and one separate document set, but I'll just quickly say that this is a great change so give a cookie to the dev who implemented these!!! :cookie::heart:

Personally, I would rather pay the 20 vouchers for a guarantee blue and the 50 for the guaranteed purple. Don't like the rng possibilities for getting all blues for 30 vouchers each.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon-Sugar Meadow looks like a incredible zone to build in, the rock formations are amazing and the furnishings are quite nice but, yes BUT! Where are the dragons?? Completely destroyed the immersion for me when I didn't see a single dragon flying overhead, it's Elsweyr right, it needs dragons which will guarantee a buy from me.

I love the Wraithhome (except for the two balconys) but as there isn't enough good furniture styles for this kind of home will probably pass on it till there is.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Moon-Sugar Meadow also be purchasable for gold? We always wanted a large open garden to build however and whatever we want but it looks like we don't get many options if we can't afford to pay the extra.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon-Sugar Meadow looks like a incredible zone to build in, the rock formations are amazing and the furnishings are quite nice but, yes BUT! Where are the dragons?? Completely destroyed the immersion for me when I didn't see a single dragon flying overhead, it's Elsweyr right, it needs dragons which will guarantee a buy from me.

I love the Wraithhome (except for the two balconys) but as there isn't enough good furniture styles for this kind of home will probably pass on it till there is.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of 2nd floor people build in here tho.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the openness, peaceful setting, and building possibilities on Moon Sugar Meadow. I was disappointed that those large boulders in the center couldn't be moved, though. Regardless, I would definitely consider buying this property if the price isn't outrageous!

Wraith Home is the best I've seen of the 'Dark' type houses. Love the large area with the creepy chandeliers. Perfect for a scandalous Ball! Its not MY taste, but it is well-done.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Moon-Sugar Meadow: is a beautiful and scenic clean slate home, but it doesn't have as many flat surfaces as the CSE and HG did before it. Apart from the oddly laid-out paved road, the majority of the home is covered in grass and bumpy terrain which interferes with building. The huge unmovable boulders also don't help. I did like the small flat soil/gravel area in the back at least, since it's so rare to see flat surfaces that aren't covered in pavement, and it's nice to finally have grass-free soil patches that we can 'plant' our moonsugar and other produce into.

Wraithhome: looks and feels like a bit of a patchwork. Some floor and wall sections look hastily edited together, with misaligned and/or overlapping patterns, most notably at the end of the corridor immediately after you come in and turn left. The same corridor also has a floating candle in the Unfurnished version (there's a table under it in the Furnished version). I also noticed a strange invisble wall spot on the Western balcony (see image below). Otherwise, good job making something out of CoH/VoM assets, it definitely has strong ambiance.

ho37lynw693i.png

- Did you like the new furnishings?

Yes, they are nice additions, especially the moonsugar and the farming tools! It was also good to see new schematics added to the master writ merchants, since they didn't get anything in Elsweyr. The new master blueprints are great, high-value items (like the grill and the gate). The dungeon furniture from the undaunted vendor look good too! I also saw the new Crown Store furniture bundle, and I sincerely hope that most of the items in it will be purchasable directly from the editor as well (especially the moonsugar and the farming tools).

- This update includes the third tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. If you were able to check out this new wing, what did you think?

it's nice I guess. I'm not a fan of the layout and the caved-in doorway on the left personally, and I don't think the scenery outside the gate is as nice to look at as the previous wing was. But that's all right, not all wings can be equally exciting to everyone.

- Do you have any other general feedback?

Adding the Furnisher's Documents to the writ vendor was great. I'm somewhat confused why the CWC document is a mixed blue/purple while the Summerset documents have dedicated blue/purple versions, but thanks for giving us a way to get these schematics. Cookies for everyone who worked on it :cookie:! Adding Murkmire documents in a future patch would be nice as well.

And some more general feedback is that we need more structural furnishings. It's great that you added a lot of Elsweyr structures, but more styles would really help. Especially since there are so many different styled homes and the existing structures look really out of place in many houses.

Also, keep converting more ingame assets into actual furniture please. It was nice to see that the Elsweyr lounge we've been seeing around the zone will become a furniture in the next patch, but there are a lot of other items too. Weapon racks, weapons, archery targets, painting easels and brushes, instruments, etc. the list goes on.

Edit: Wraithhome has another invisible wall spot, on the Eastern Balcony too (right in front of the portal).
    Edited by bluebird on July 8, 2019 10:32PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
    • Did you like the new furnishings?
    • This update includes the third tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. If you were able to check out this new wing, what did you think?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

1) The two homes are nice, for their purposes. I'm glad to see a house with another theme (necromancer), instead of having almost every house in the game be the same old "9 races of Tamriel", of which we already have more than enough. This is a house more oriented towards a class. Now, would it be too much to hope for, for some more houses themed towards the other classes? (Dragonknight fiery abode, Sorcerer's tower etc).
    The moonsugar meadow is alright I guess. Nice if you want to build your own house, and would like a more natural place than Coldharbour. It's distinctively Elseweyr though, would be nice to have an open plot of land home in other areas as well, like Summerset or Vvardenfell.

2) The new mastercrafter recipes are "nice", but all Elsweyr. There's still a ton of items from Summerset, Morrowind, Murkmire and Clockwork not available anywhere. This is content now 2 years old, the pace of getting these items is excruciatingly slow.
    The Elsweyr items and Masterwork Silver Kettle have finally been fixed though, and now you can bear looking at them without getting a headache from the horrible resolution, so thanks for that.

3) I really like the Lunar Hall, and I like how it's sort of a memento of the entire year's DLC, like the Halls of Colossus and now Moongrave Fane. I intend to use it as a second part of my Grand Museum, after the Psijic Villa was filled up with exhibitions, anmd the Lunar Hall will serve as a great addition to that. It was a nice idea, and well executed, and I appreciate it.

4) The feedback is the same as every PTS update, regarding furniture and housing. First and foremost, item slots. This needs to be increased eventually. Second, why not add more small to medium size houses. Again this PTS it's two huge, notable size houses. With the small item limit for such monstrosities, it's often more a pain than a pleasure to decorate them. Vvardenfell had a few smaller size homes, but all 3 chapters and even the 2 DLC in between could have used a lot more small and medium size houses. They're more fun to decorate within the current item limit, and they fill out an important niche for people, as real homes, whereas the large monstrous houses often fill the niche of exhibition pieces, guild halls, museums and whatnot. Currently we're limited to a very tiny inn house and a single, medium size townhouse for a chapter, and that's it. Smaller DLC only get a single, large house (Clockwork, Murkmire). Every chapter and DLC could have used at least 1-2 more smaller sized houses.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned above - why are there boulders in the middle of Moon Sugar meadow? They split the area oddly, and limit the scale of decor to the smaller plots.

Wraithome is nice: I've always liked the deisgn of Vaults of Maddness. Thank you for the 2 portals to the upper galleries.

Furnishings: FINALLY! Moon sugar cane and Tenmar Dija! Two things I've wanted since Elsweyr released! However, my favorite round cacti with the orange tops are still not available for purchase. :(

OMG THANK YOU FOR PROVISIONING STATION THAT IS NOT A CAMPFIRE!!!!

Also not a fan of the "mixed" Clockwork documents, I would rather pay 50 vouchers to gamble on purples.
    Thank you for *coughfinallycough* releasing CWC and Summerset documents. :)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 9, 2019 12:08AM
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think gambling 30 for purple blueprints isn't such a bad idea, considering the fact that DLC's contain far less furniture plans than expansion packs.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    I think gambling 30 for purple blueprints isn't such a bad idea, considering the fact that DLC's contain far less furniture plans than expansion packs.

True, but now we're back to double gambling - RNG *if* you get a purple, then RNG again for it to be a purple you need.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Moon-Sugar Meadows,
    1. The offset in heights that is separated by the huge boulders in the middle of the area is quite annoying.
    2.The boulders in the middle of the area are not movable and hinder a lot of building possibilities.
    3. Did not see a single dragon fly over while exploring the home
    4. The surrounding area is beautiful
    5. a lot of potential in this house and has been asked for for a long time

Wraithhome
    1. Feels like VoM and CoH had to many drinks and made bad decisions
    2. invisible walls are annoying
    3. seems some areas dont align very well
    4. Very gothic and has a lot of potential

Did you like the new furnishings?
    Im always happy for more furnishings

This update includes the third tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. If you were able to check out this new wing, what did you think?
    I was not able to view it

Do you have any other general feedback?My takeaways from the houses

1. Just the removal of the boulders in the center of the Meadows and occasionally a dragon flying by for immersion
    2. a little more tlc on Wraithhome
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't checked everything yet. My impressions from what I've seen so far:

- to the people who green-lighted the new provisioning station: THANK YOU! (and it's a plan, isn't it? Edited: Yes, it is a plan).
    - I love the new wing on the Hall. It gives us an area with walls and a roof, which helps with the item cap (less items need to be used). It's an area that doesn't need a lot of items to look good.
    - I'm not a fan of bare plots of land, although the Meadow looks great. Also, IIRC, it will be the only open plot with a day and night cycle. I don't think I managed to get to all the invisible walls in it. It's huge and might bring in more cries for a bigger number of furnishings allowed.
    - Wraithhome is impressive, but IMO too big. I was very pleased to see the stained glass windows and that banquet table is amazing (I hope you guys will bring furnishings of that style to the game). Even though the place is huge, it's awkwardly divided with enormous halls and tiny rooms. Might work well as a guild hall. I think the teleporting device to the balconies is superfluous and somewhat out of place.
    - I'd rather have separate CWC envelopes for blue and purple plans, but as pointed out by @nordmarian , this might be due to the small amount of plans.
    - I like all the new plans I've seen. Will the wrought iron gate be interactable? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

A few suggestions for future PTS patches:
    - please give max level chars created to buy the envelopes from the master writs vendors*,
    - (if you guys haven't included them yet) please add Morrowind, CWC, SS and Elweyr furnishing plans to the boxes we get with the max level chars

* as it is rn the newly created max chars starts with enough vouchers to buy the envelopes, but don't have the achievements to do so, and when I tried using my main char on PTS, I didn't have access to the vouchers. (I think I know why it's done that way, but I'd like to test it since this is the testing server) edited: please disregard.
    Edited by KMarble on July 9, 2019 6:18PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they increased the absurdly low limit on Special Collections?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as Wraithhome, I'm sold.
    Shut-up and take my Crowns/Money.

Some feedback:
    1. Need More Macabre-style Furnishings please
      The available list of said furnishing styles is sorely lacking, and currently limited to a small selection choice from achievement vendors and Luxury furnishings.

Example suggestions:
      Blood Pools, Remains/Bones, and Bone-Piles similar to what can be found just about everywhere in the open world and various parts of coldharbour would be nice.
      Also, building materials that use the same "material" the home is made of; dark, blue'ish rock, etc... would also be nice. Stairways, Walls, and Platforms using the same materials would be most excellent.

2. Lose the invisible walls except to the very boundary edge of the environment
      No one likes invisible ceilings or walls that make no sense. :frowning:

As for Moon-Sugar Meadow:

Some feedback:
    1. Feels like its own abandoned-zone and less like a Property
      Coldharbour Surreal Estate has a clear "boundary" as far as the size of the plot, and an enormous height with which to build. Moon-Sugar has a very limited height and several desirable sections are inaccessible due to invisible walls, namely:

The Waterfalls
      Gorgeous Area, but cannot build anywhere near the upper-level pool or close to it
      The Giant Stone Arch
      Looks fantastic, but cannot build near, into, or upon it.

2. Lose the invisible walls except to the very boundary edge of the environment
      No one likes invisible ceilings or walls that make no sense. :frowning:
    Edited by OmniDo on July 9, 2019 4:38PM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraithhome <3 Thanks ZOS :*
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit had a but a brief few minutes to take a look at Moon Sugar Meadow - it was also night time so this one will return again during daylight hours.

More of a forest than a meadow but most welcome none the less.

Why the bitey fish so close to the land? That was an unwanted surprise.

It would be helpful if a few more areas were a little flatter yes. Please ditch the big rock in the middle - if we need to divide the area we can then add our own big rocks where it is best for us to do so.

Very glad most of the trees and structures are moveable.

Much potential. This one already begins to form the ideas. Please keep this property open on the PTS as long as possible so that we may ponder some more and make plans and prepare to move in when the gates open for real. A week or two is not enough to test housing, especially when not all of us have our main crafters on the PTS at the start of the cycle. Even if what we have is not the most up to date version it is still better than not having it at all.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
    I didn't check out the Necro home, just felt a bit bitter that Wardens didn't get a nature themed home...
    Moon Sugar Meadows however is excellent. Nice amount of space, great views, good variety of landscape.
    I concur that the slaughterfish barrier is way too close, and honestly I'd prefer an invisible wall on the far bank. Let us utilize the water space for swimming please!
    I personally like the boulders in the middle. They will make a great foundation for a custom built structure. Overall I'm stoked for this house, thanks for making it so lovely and scenic!
    I also want to point out the issue with the entrance, however, that gate floating in the air is wholly problematic.

Did you like the new furnishings?
    I didn't place every single one, but those new giant trees? GENIUS. I've been hoping for something like that for ages, so thank you thank you!
    The rest is pretty bog standard additions. The new huge Elsweyr structures are nice, but not my thing.
    I like the new provisioning station, but I am still hoping for a normal, flaming logs provisioning station that would work in any house. The Elsweyr stuff is nice, but it's not gonna be ideal for every type of home.

This update includes the third tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. If you were able to check out this new wing, what did you think?
    It's a nice addition, for sure. The asymmetrical pillar thing by the gate drives me batty, since it seems pretty pointless and the rest of the area is nicely mirrored, but I will get over it.
    The blocked room seems hastily done, and the stones don't even really match properly. Maybe convert it to a sealed alcove instead of the messy rockfall? Just a notion.
    The ruined stone texture is also really busy and overwhelming. Can we have like, SOME clean stone work? It doesn't have to all be pristine but maybe some variety in color or texture to break up the orange and brown noise, aside from the floor.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Overall, pleased. I'm still holding out hope for nice looking wooden crafting stations. The clockwork ones are lovely, but deeply difficult to place in a normal crafting room. Full, wooden crafting stations like what we see in cities would be awesome.
    Moar big trees! Also some huge roots would be amazing as well.
    Aside from that, gj on the Meadows, I'm well pleased ^^
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super homes. Really great job.
    You guys really listened and delivered a lot of what was asked for in this patch.

Moon Sugar is just fantastic.
    Wraithhome not my cup of tea but fabulously well done. I really loved walking around looking up at the amazing architecture. Please consider adding some of these structural items at a later date. The Large deadric pergola is just amazing.

I love the new furniture items.

A bit disappointed that Moongrave Fane shares its housing item limit with the other 2 sections. If this trend continues to the fourth section, it will just be pointless to try decorate all 4 areas with only 700 slots. Please consider making the final section a separate zone with its own item limit. We can surely live with one longer load screen.

Just one suggestion but its a significant one. Moonsugar is meant to be an open plot. When designing these in the future please make all boulders removable. As others have mentioned, the placing of such large, immoveable features kind of undermines the concept behind free and open plot designs.
    Please remove (or make removeable) the boulders that are dumped smack bang in the middle of the plot and also the large boulder just to the right of the entrance bridge (this boulder inhibits design ideas to downsize the plot)tf0ceuunpax5.png
    l41zyr72whl5.png
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok now this one knows almost exactly what she will do with it now.

Please do not make us wait too long!

Just long enough to find 700 scoops of magic sand …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, regarding the mastercrafter recipes, I find myself questioning some of the choices of what items to turn into these crafting recipes. Generally, I feel that the gold mastercrafter recipes should be items that would see common use, be universally popular, and not extremely niche or specialized, since those types of items fit better on the luxury vendor. If you have a recipe for an item, you want to craft it, for your own use or to sell to others. The more niche items you can buy from the vendor if you need a few of them, or you can disregard them if they're not to your taste.
    But, this batch of mastercrafter recipes is once again a mix of something universally useful, and something very niche.

Elseweyr Cart, Masterwork is very niche. How often do you need a cart in your home, how many homes even have large outdoor space that would fit this cart, and it's in khajiiti style, so doesn't fit most other homes. Very niche, would have been better as an achievement item or luxury vendor.

Elseweyr Grill, it's universally useful, but the distinct Elsweyr style of the item may make it less useful outside Elseweyr or Khajiiti homes.

Elseweyr Gate, Masterwork, definitely a niche item, very few houses need an extra gate, very few of them even have an area suitable for it. The only house I can even imagine this being useful is the new empty plot land house. A whole recipe for a single house only? Not a good solution. This is an item you'd need perhaps 1-2 of in your entire lifetime. Would definitely have been better at the luxury vendor instead of as a recipe.

Elseweyr Incence, Fragrant, an ok recipe I guess, though I wonder why it had to be a gold recipe, when the other Elseweyr incences are blue and purple recipes, and they are much grander and larger than this very small one.

Chaise Lounge, an alright recipe for mastercrafter, can be used universally.

Statue, Shrine Lion. I really wonder about this one. We already have no less than two of the exact similar statue type sold as achievement items in overland zones, the only thing you did was remove some of the paint from it, and put it up on a stone pillar. Was it really necessary to waste a mastercrafter recipe for this? Was there really no other item that suited better as a recipe?

Elseweyr Cage Filigree, also an ok recipe, though I doubt it will see much use, due to costing a very expensive chromium grain, and with very few pets fitting into the size of it.

If we take a look at some older recipes, it's the same pattern.

Frog Caller Untuned, sure it's a fun item, but very niche, and doesn't really fit many homes. Should have been achievement item, or luxury vendor.

Alinor Grape Stomping Tub, also niche item, haven't seen this one being used in any single home. Would have been better suited as luxury vendor or achievement item.

Pottery Wheel, another item I have never seen used in any house. Sort of a weird item to put on the mastercrafter recipe vendor.

Dark Elf Tent Canopy, extremely large, and Dunmer style. Will most likely never be used.

Now, what are some recipes that actually work well as mastercrafting recipe items?
    Miniature Garden Bottled, Hlaalu Stove Chiminea, Relic Vault, the three Alchemical and Mage's Apparatuses, Dres Sewing Kit, Hlaalu Bathtub, Hlaalu Salt Lamp, Alinor Ancestor Clock, Figurine Dragon's Glare and Silver Kettle Masterwork are all good examples of items that are high in demand, universally popular, racially neutral and would fit into most homes, which makes them great candidates for recipes like this.

Unfortunately, since every new batch of mastercrafter recipes seem to tie in with the latest DLC, I see that the trend is to make these recipes more and more niche, where the items they give would be better fitted on a zone achievement vendor, or at least the luxury vendor. I hope you will consider this point of view in the future for new mastercrafter recipes.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this one ask an important question of those who are able to craft the new yellow furnishings?

Are we actually able to lounge on the chaise lounge?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try it later today @SantieClaws , and will let you know.