The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

StamDK Dilemma: Penetration, DoT or Weapon Damage

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Another set you could try that I had a ton of fun on with DK was mechanical acuity. Get the dots up on the target swap to frontbar where you have the MA 5pc and once it procs use an offensive ult. All the dots will start critting and your heals will crit too.
    (5 items) When you deal direct damage, you have a 15% chance to gain unerring mechanical vision for 5 seconds, causing your attacks to always be a Critical Strike. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.

5 piece med armor i can craft no prob, but 3 jewel if i wanna keep Deadly is a pain to get gold....

...so.... i won't have to swap, but i'll have to sacrifice 15% DoT from Deadly Strike, or 3.5k penetration from Spriggan, and use it with 7th Legion.

are you saying every 20sec or so, I can get 5 sec of EVERYTHING crit? like, sure, DoT crit is nice, Heal crit, why not.... but I CAN THEORITICALLY CAN SPAM 5 DIZZYING SWING CRITS?

Wow, "all ur damage to always crit for 5 sec" seems pretty OP lol

edit: wow, imagine ur enemy <50% and MA procs... spamming Reverse Strike or Executioner is a guaranteed death sentence lol
    but... i usually dont run with Corrosive lol... Leap + Whirlwind is my goto execute.

Ur not saying that Flurry is good only with Corrosive, right?

I will change the morph tho! thanks!

i'll play with Corrosive and see where it gets me.

You need to use corrosive and only corrosive. The extra damage it does over something like leap or DB is insane.

Just don’t forget to get your dots up on the target before activating corrosive.’

:disappointed::confounded::cry::scream:

i'm not giving up leap lol but I will slot Corosive on my AoE-MasterAxe back bar... considering i'm getting decent success with Deadly+7th (no Spriggan), i think it'll complement my build too.

it just felt so long to fill up those 200 ulti lol

what do u recommend i should do after bleed then activating corrosive? (2H+DW build), spam Whirlwind or Reverse strike? or Noxious? Claw? Carve? Flurry? (I know what Ecru's gonna say lol)

Noxious, claw, carve, rending, corrosive, flurry, fossilize, more flurry.

I still slot leap but use it mostly defensively and as a resource return. Immovable pot before Corrosive if possible would also be a good idea.

200 ult isn't much when you're nord and using blood spawn + ww hide.
    Edited by ecru on June 14, 2019 9:02PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Another set you could try that I had a ton of fun on with DK was mechanical acuity. Get the dots up on the target swap to frontbar where you have the MA 5pc and once it procs use an offensive ult. All the dots will start critting and your heals will crit too.
    (5 items) When you deal direct damage, you have a 15% chance to gain unerring mechanical vision for 5 seconds, causing your attacks to always be a Critical Strike. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.

5 piece med armor i can craft no prob, but 3 jewel if i wanna keep Deadly is a pain to get gold....

...so.... i won't have to swap, but i'll have to sacrifice 15% DoT from Deadly Strike, or 3.5k penetration from Spriggan, and use it with 7th Legion.

are you saying every 20sec or so, I can get 5 sec of EVERYTHING crit? like, sure, DoT crit is nice, Heal crit, why not.... but I CAN THEORITICALLY CAN SPAM 5 DIZZYING SWING CRITS?

Wow, "all ur damage to always crit for 5 sec" seems pretty OP lol

edit: wow, imagine ur enemy <50% and MA procs... spamming Reverse Strike or Executioner is a guaranteed death sentence lol
    but... i usually dont run with Corrosive lol... Leap + Whirlwind is my goto execute.

Ur not saying that Flurry is good only with Corrosive, right?

I will change the morph tho! thanks!

i'll play with Corrosive and see where it gets me.

You need to use corrosive and only corrosive. The extra damage it does over something like leap or DB is insane.

Just don’t forget to get your dots up on the target before activating corrosive.’

:disappointed::confounded::cry::scream:

i'm not giving up leap lol but I will slot Corosive on my AoE-MasterAxe back bar... considering i'm getting decent success with Deadly+7th (no Spriggan), i think it'll complement my build too.

it just felt so long to fill up those 200 ulti lol

what do u recommend i should do after bleed then activating corrosive? (2H+DW build), spam Whirlwind or Reverse strike? or Noxious? Claw? Carve? Flurry? (I know what Ecru's gonna say lol)

Noxious, claw, carve, rending, corrosive, flurry, fossilize, more flurry.

I still slot leap but use it mostly defensively and as a resource return. Immovable pot before Corrosive if possible would also be a good idea.

200 ult isn't much when you're nord and using blood spawn + ww hide.

i dont use WW hide. nord and BS though. want to try Asylum to get the 2H that gen ulti on reverse strike.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think of Hundings/Bonepirate?
    Or am I much better off with 7th or Veiled instead off Hundings?
    I'm planning on going medium too.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 27, 2019 9:29PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think of Hundings/Bonepirate?
    Or am I much better off with 7th or Veiled instead off Hundings?
    I'm planning on going medium too.

Would go 7th or veiled. The jewelry healthy can be offset by running Lava foot food and even nets regen. Hundings is good and more consistent, not to mention cheaper.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on July 2, 2019 3:40AM
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Seventh Legion/Fury/Bloodspawn
    High survivability and damage, if you're a Stamina DK and it's not using Fury, you are losing too much, buy it or farm it, it's worth.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ecfigies wrote: »
    High survivability and damage, if you're a Stamina DK and it's not using Fury, you are losing too much, buy it or farm it, it's worth.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Ecfigies wrote: »

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

It just works!

If you want to keep medium armor, another obvious option it's Bone Pirate/Fury/Pirate Skeleton (with that Alik appearance), jewelry all protective.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=157405
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezzing my own old thread with the new incoming patch notes.

Previous summary: Spriggan works best for my medium build because you can off-set bleed bonus from Deadly Strike with CP. But 10% penetration with 7th proc gives me around 6k wep damage, which is more than 15% bleed can do.

Deadly works fine with large fight or zerg mashup, but on a 1v1 or 1vX, I needed that burst to finish a veteran player.

But now with PTS notes, 7th getting a nerf update so it gives a solid 350 wd instead of 500 when you use pysical resist buff.
    Seventh Legion Brute
    OLD: When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Weapon Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1260 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
    NEW: When you cast an ability that increases your Physical or Spell Resistance, you gain 350 Weapon Damage and 350 Health Recovery for 10 seconds. This effect can occur every 10 seconds.

So I'm guessing Frag Shield would proc the new 7th? Considering FS also gives minor Brutality AND major Mending, now it gives a bonus 350 wd? Seems like it's the new BiS skill for any StamDK...

Dizzying is also back in my bar permanently with the new buff.
    Uppercut:
    Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 0.8 seconds from 1 second to help its reliability when being used in fast combat in melee range.
    Reduced the base cost to 2700 from 3240.
    Increased the damage from this ability by approximately 9%.
    Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph will no longer rank up in damage and stun duration. Instead, it will just rank up in stun duration since that is the morph focus.

and Executioner... oh boy, definitely here to stay.
    Executioner: Increased the execute multiplier of this ability to 400% from 350%.

But unfortunately, my vDSA Carve-Axe might need to be retired?
    Carve (morph): Reduced the damage over time from this ability by approximately 9%.

I mean, I use it for the initial damage, and all AoE gets a nerf anyway, so we'll see.

But if the Axe is out, so Carve skill is out, I know what I'm replacing it with.....
    Critical Charge:
    Critical Rush (morph): Increased the damage bonus scaling of this ability to 50% from 40%.
    Stampede (morph): This morph no longer snares enemies hit. Instead, it now crushes the earth beneath you upon reaching your target, causing area damage to happen every second for an 8 second duration. This ability is balanced around our AoE DoT standards.

Both morph looks delicious!

I mean, I might even take out Dizzying Swing (not Leap, Leap is best fren!) with the new Ulti!
    Berserker Strike: This ability and its morphs will now deal damage in a 5 meter radius if the initial hit successfully hits. Note the initial hit can still be dodged, since the initial attack is not an AoE.
    Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 16 seconds. It also no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.

So now it bypass all resistance, the new one is going to add 16 sec penetration? Yo.... lol.... Dizzying spam to build ulti, and when the target gets stunned you deliver Onslaught, and if they're still alive just spam Executioner?

Jeezus.

And I'm not going to mention DW's new ulti, moar bleeds DoT and skills,... those looks nice too. And Bow? God, Snipe's getting a buff? LOL
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still going to run spriggans? The way you play on your DK is very similar to how I play my stam sorc so I’m curious. My plan right now if PTS notes stay exactly the same is 2-hand / dual wield or bow with fortified brass, spriggans, bloodspawn or balorgh, and back bar master’s bow or axes.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    Still going to run spriggans? The way you play on your DK is very similar to how I play my stam sorc so I’m curious. My plan right now if PTS notes stay exactly the same is 2-hand / dual wield or bow with fortified brass, spriggans, bloodspawn or balorgh, and back bar master’s bow or axes.

yes. Bleeding is now mitigated by resistance. Spriggan helps with all of that.

And I can't pull out Corrosive Armor all the time, or may prefer doing DK Leap, so 100% penetration can't have 100% uptime. Spriggan helps with that.

The 2 build in my signatures are now updated with how I will rebuild ASSUMING all the PTS notes goes live. No bow.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Davadin Do you think axes will outperform mauls and swords on the 2-hand bar?

Edit: this would be a build without access to major fracture.
    Edited by Abhaya on July 8, 2019 7:40PM
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    @Davadin Do you think axes will outperform mauls and swords on the 2-hand bar?

Edit: this would be a build without access to major fracture.

my own personal testing on current PROD (not the PTS new patches where DoTs everywhere - including passive - will be buffed), it doesn't outperform mauls.

Maul's 20% pen still hits harder after all buff/debuff done in CP Cyrodiil. Especially if u got Dizzying Swing in ur rotation. I can't confirm with BG or no CP though.

And 6% damage from sword is easily nullified by resistances...

However, IF the build is a DoT build which also buffed your 2H's passive as well, then it's potentially equally potent.

Again, once 5.1 PTS hits live, all bets are off. My fortune-telling globe is saying Axe will be downright OP with its bleed...