Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• cbrons
    cbrons
    I would love an update on this situation...
  • Shocfleth
    Shocfleth
    Maybe this is nit-picking, but isn't the reason we submitted the petition in the first place so that your support could check and fix our account for us on an individual basis? Otherwise, we'd have just submitted a bug report.

Do you not have anyone on staff handling account by account issues as the help requests come in?
  • maso
    maso
    140411-076504

This issue claims to be "resolved", but of course the three bank slot upgrades I got were never refunded. -.-

If you're a hardcore crafter like me, bank space is essential. But the fact they are NOT refunded makes me lose all trust in utilizing this essential feature, because if it reset once it can reset again, and that's more tens of thousands of gold I'll never see again.

You guys really need to refund players for ALL their lost stuff if you want to maintain player trust. About the only thing worse than cheating the player out of items and gold is flat out character deletion.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket for the bank reset-to-default issue on 5 April (ticket 140406-000648) and, aside from the "Molag Bal minions" response, have neither received an update nor restored bank slots/items/gold.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket for the bank reset-to-default issue on 5 April (ticket 140406-000648) and, aside from the "Molag Bal minions" response, have neither received an update nor restored bank slots/items/gold.

Not surprised..sounds about right. lol
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    VertigoTX wrote: »
    angelyn wrote: »
    I lost everything in my bank at 10:55 this morning. By 15:55 I got my stuff back. I've just realised that the extra slots I bought for my bank are now lost. Ticket number 140413-049598. If I can't get the space back, I'd like the gold back that I spent on it.

First person I've seen report they got anything back. This is promising :smile:

I don't believe the items were restored in the usual sense. Remember, the symptoms of the bug go something like this:
    • Log off/log on
    • You've got mail! (preorder, etc. items sent again)
    • Bank appears blank; all items are missing (player panics!)
    • Banked gold is missing (player usually notices this right away, even in their panicked state)
    • Many players don't initially realize the number of available bank slots has also dropped (due to their panic; I happened to notice this when the bug hit me)
    • After an indeterminate amount of time (mine was quick) and after logging in another character, up to 60 items are restored in player's bank
    • Players (usually) by now notice the drop in available slots
    • Previously banked items beyond the newly lowered limit of 60 get shoved into character inventory, if there is room (otherwise, the items are lost? or do they show up on yet another character with room?)
    • Players starting a new character will no longer have the option to skip the Coldharbour tutorial
    • And apparently other bad things happen such as permanent loss of assigned skill points, loss of mounts, and who knows what else (I hadn't assigned points or purchased mounts, etc. so I can't confirm)

So this only gives the appearance that items were "restored" by some deliberate means, like by CS after a ticket has been submitted. What is apparently really happening is the system "recovers" some or all of the items as a matter of "normal" operations.

It's most likely that no items are actually "lost" per se, but are placed in a state that can't be displayed for a time. I've seen this once in the past actually. (But that company handled the resulting furor much differently, as in they showed their customers more respect.)

This of course brings up all sorts of questions such as what happens if the player places an item in their blank bank before the "lost" items are "restored"? Does it replace something that is now permanently lost? My spidey sense is tingling as I think of how I'd properly performance test this bug until it pled for mercy and revealed all its quirky bounds. Alas, that won't happen.

So no, I'd say nothing is getting "restored" as is usually understood, i.e. CS isn't restoring anything at this time and there hasn't been an announced patch to accomplish any such restoration.
  • tlainya_ESO
    tlainya_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm posting here since I'm not sure of the status of my original ticket. It was filed 6 days ago and no response at all in game or email. Ticket 140407-084973.
    Lost 2 bank upgrades, no gold or items lost.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    Just experienced the bug again, I received all my early access/Imperial edition bonuses in the mail, and briefly lost all my items in the bank. I did not purchase any additional bank slots, and once I re-logged back to an alt, all my items were back in place.

It seems that the switching between alts seems to cause the game to "forget" your previous state in game, and reverts you back to "new player" status, but somehow your items in your character inventory stays the same.

Hope this bit of info helps.
  • Shocfleth
    Shocfleth
    Response By Email (Victor) (04/13/2014 03:44 PM)
    Long Live King Emeric!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I would like to apologize for the ongoing issue. We are currently investigating a fix for the issue regarding bank space.

We are confident at this time that no slots and no items have been lost, and that we will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch. We recommend that players not purchase additional bank spaces, as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch. If you are out of room and need to purchase more bank slots, please contact <a target = 'new' title='Click to follow link http://help.elderscrollsonline.com'/track/AvOKsQonDv8S~cGfGqwe~yINnp8qaC75Mv~Y~zj~PP8R href="http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home/track/AvOKsQonDv8S~cGfGqwe~yINnp8qaC75Mv~Y~zj~PP8R&quot; dir="ltr" style="color:#0066CC;text-decoration:underline;">customer support once this issue is resolved, and we will be happy to assist you.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please bear with us as we work on a solution.
    I shall forward this information to our specialized Sorcerers, they will be in contact with you regarding this issue. Thank you very much for your patience regarding the issue, and we hope for a swift resolution.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Let the field of Cyrodiil run red!
    Victor, The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Question Reference # 140413-096961

Date Created: 04/13/2014 03:38 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/13/2014 03:44 PM

Can anyone identify for me what that link is supposed to be that I can click on because I'm out of room?

Btw, My new status on my new petition is solved??!?
    Edited by Shocfleth on April 13, 2014 8:17PM
  • caelianb16_ESO
    Hmmm ... My problem only started happening AFTER last night's maintenance window. My last known status on my ticket was "Escalated" so i guess i'll just have to remain patient, but in case it helps ... my ticket number # 140413-002965
  • UncleMo
    UncleMo
    ✭✭
    I have submitted a ticket on this matter but I have yet to get an email which is wierd because I have like 20 emails for all the gold spammers which I have reported.

What is going on with this game?
    I Erect the Spine of Erections!
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question Reference # 140412-093646
    Date Created: 04/12/2014 06:02 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 06:06 PM

Question Reference # 140413-011452
    Date Created: 04/13/2014 05:11 AM
    Date Last Updated: 04/13/2014 05:21 AM

Digital download + imperial upgrade, EU megaserver

Bank slots are still missing and items they inhold. I bought the 3rd upgrade on saturday (90 slots) and around midnight (somewhere between 22pm and 23pm BST 12th of April) I experienced the bank reset. I haven't touched my bank since (although if I'm going to continue to play I must).

Also there were some items that were lost, I haven't noticed them on any of my characters inventory. My bank is currently showing 60/60 items and I'm sure it was well over it, it's impossible to say what is missing though as I track what I have stored (nor should I).

The issue happened right after I had switched between characters. Then I received the pre-order dubplicates in my ingame mail and soon after noticed the bank issue.

I hope this issue is resolved as quick as possible as it's game breaking. I also want that you give an statement when the issue is fixed so we can start using the bank as intended.

Thank you.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altairien wrote: »
    I don't believe the items were restored in the usual sense. Remember, the symptoms of the bug go something like this (redacted)

Right there with you on those; for me, another "symptom" was the notification that my computer's IP wasn't recognized and that I needed to enter the email code. This cycle has occurred multiple times; for better or worse, after the original incident on 5 April, I didn't upgrade bank slots/deposit gold so I didn't lose anything else in terms of "pixels". I did, however, lose some significant time associated with creating a bunch of mule characters and handling rather annoying inventory management activities rather than playing.

• Deviz
    Deviz
    I sent a report in game about my lost slots in my bank I and the items I thought I lost with it, I was able to find all of my item on different characters I have, but I did lose my 100 slot in my bank it went back down to 60 slots
  • mun
    mun
    140405-000987 - Still missing bank slots. Thanks.
  • Dergard
    Dergard
    Hello @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!

First of all i want to thank you respectively ZOS for starting this thread. It is due time you acknowledge the fact that your customers have a legitimate need for information.

I am certain most customers are understanding when told about problems. Customers who are ignored just leave.

To the reason of my post:
    Ticket # 140409-056291; Status: Resolved.
    Of course, my problem is not "resolved". I am still missing my 3 bank upgrades. I don't think i lost any items or gold.

PS: This forum is in need of a ignore function.
  • Noctique
    Noctique
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    It's a good job i keep an eye on the forums, this is ridiculous!

The errors, the half completed jobs, the time it's taken, further errors, I've had better customer service from EA, and there hopeless. I'd have better luck píssing in to the wind.

Question Reference # 140408-054845
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 12:20 PM

Email quote:
    Greetings Adventurer!

Thank you for your report. We are investigating the issue with player banks losing items. We are confident at this time that no items have been lost, and that we will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch.

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience, please bear with us as we figure out the solution to this problem.

Thanks!

So no it's not solved, it's outstanding. I'm on the verge of just saying to hell with this.

I'm still missing:
    The bank slots (I've already repurchased the upgrade so may as well give me the gold back).
    The gold that was in the bank. (I think it was around 2,000? Possibly 3,000. As it's "Not really lost" You'll know anyway).
    The items. and as I've already refilled the bank I am using now you may as well mail me them all as I can assure you they will not fit in to the space I have left.

Kind regards.
    Edited by Noctique on April 13, 2014 8:24PM
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭

Question Reference # 140413-096361
    Date Created: 04/13/2014 03:34 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/13/2014 03:40 PM

Not solved, I am still missing my bank slots.

Kind regards.
  • Withoutsoul
    It happened twice in the same day for me. Initially my 120 slots were slashed and only 60 remained, but I had items in those 60 slots. Gold and excess items (including legendary upgrade mats) were gone. Later on I have lost the remaining 60 items as well. I ahve received 2 mail sets with imperial edition bonuses. I think that one of the reasons for glitch might be placing maps from imp edition or any other items from it into the bank. Everyone here - did you have some maps or pets from IE in your bank at the incident time?
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    My ticket number is 140405-027778

I have responded to the email that said it was closed when it was not resolved. The current status says waiting. Haven't heard anything since.
  • Exivus1
    Exivus1
    140413-000655 is my ticket number.

I lost 60,000 gold on my character following the server restore.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Noctique wrote: »
    It's a good job i keep an eye on the forums, this is ridiculous!

The errors, the half completed jobs, the time it's taken, further errors, I've had better customer service from EA, and there hopeless. I'd have better luck píssing in to the wind.

Question Reference # 140408-054845
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 12:20 PM

Email quote:
    Greetings Adventurer!

Thank you for your report. We are investigating the issue with player banks losing items. We are confident at this time that no items have been lost, and that we will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch.

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience, please bear with us as we figure out the solution to this problem.

Thanks!

So no it's not solved, it's outstanding. I'm on the verge of just saying to hell with this.

I'm still missing:
    The bank slots (I've already repurchased the upgrade so may as well give me the gold back).
    The gold that was in the bank. (I think it was around 2,000? Possibly 3,000. As it's "Not really lost" You'll know anyway).
    The items. and as I've already refilled the bank I am using now you may as well mail me them all as I can assure you they will not fit in to the space I have left.

Kind regards.

WOW

Fix this bug and compensate players like these for their lost time and items and gold. Give them their stuff back promptly, please.
  • Xanportal
    Xanportal
    I've had the pre order stuff sent twice now. First time was when I initially lost the bank slots and gold. Second was earlier today, though there was no noticeable changes.
  • crggamesnub18_ESO
    crggamesnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just bought a bank slot upgrade to 80 slots about 30 minutes ago and after a relog the bank has been reset to 60 slots. So, the problem is very much alive.
  • Shocfleth
    Shocfleth
    ZOS_JessicaFolsomZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin

Please inform your customer service staff to stop marking these requests as solved. You asked us to petition and tell you if they have erroneously being marked as solved. They are marking our new petitions we are making per your request as Solved.
  • Deviz
    Deviz
    when I log on to my nightblade I got mail, that had the preorder items even though I already got them long ago.
  • habtorb16_ESO
    Ticket 140413-059452 lost bank items and slots ticket marked as solved. Nothing has been fixed
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    I re-opened the ticket last night, but it was also replied to with acknowledgement at least that was tailored specifically to the bank bug, and signed, so a person at least read it.

Adding to the growing post count here with ticket number:
    Question Reference # 140412-007603

Date Created: 04/12/2014 01:44 AM
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 12:04 PM

I'll also note that mine includes missing slots and gold, but the items re-appeared before posting the ticket.
    Edited by Dallie on April 13, 2014 8:34PM
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Shocfleth wrote: »

Please inform your customer service staff to stop marking these requests as solved. You asked us to petition and tell you if they have erroneously being marked as solved. They are marking our new petitions we are making per your request as Solved.

They don't care, they only want your money. Your items and gold will never be returned.
    Deviz wrote: »
    when I log on to my nightblade I got mail, that had the preorder items even though I already got them long ago.

I hope you didn't lose all your stuff.
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Shocfleth wrote: »

That is just lol... it doesn't even surprise me any more.
This discussion has been closed.