Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There goes the neighborhood - Theory crafting for next patch

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a stamDK medium 2H PvP-er,
    • bleed bleed bleed: won't bypass resistance, so better equip penetration-frens like Spriggan/Corrosive/Onslaught.
    • Vigor nice. Vigor fren.
    • more gap closer option. Even for DW!
    • bye Caltrops.
    • SnB/Heavy got nerfed. Good.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    Davadin wrote: »
    as a stamDK medium 2H PvP-er,
    • Vigor nice. Vigor fren.
    Lol Vigor fren yes
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • bye Caltrops.
    It's cheaper and now AOE snares for 50% instead of 30%. I get a lot of the PvE players getting really mad about the damage nerf, but the ability won't be useless in PvP by any means. Wall of Frost has been nerfed several times over the past couple patches, but now they make the even larger area snare on Caltrops better? I don't get it.
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    katorga wrote: »
    my take so far:

So many changes at one time is going to be a nightmare. I'm not sure why they can't avoid radically changing the game every 6 months, other than drive crown store revenue from skilling up alts. Looks like a stam meta patch.

Sources of healing debuffs going down. Value of major mending/vigor going up.

Shields nerfed, so value block/dodge going up.

Bleeds nerfed and buffed at same time, combined with DK ultimate or 2H ultimate, they will drive up value of major/minor protection.

StamDK is going to be #1, Stamden/StamNB tied for #2, Stam Sorc #2, dark horse stam necro #3. MagNB might be only decent mag class.

All stam getting easy access to snare immunity, major expedition, major evasion, and major fracture.

StamDK - easy to see. Same as before with even more healing and dot pressure, access to high health regen. Best offensive/defensive ult for next patch.
    Stam Sorc - 15-6% damage done, speed, aoe unblockable CC, major vitality from encase, access to high health regen.
    Stam Necro - 10% increased dot damage, 10% dot dmg reduction, 10% all damage reduction, easy access to major protection, purge, probably the highest possible raw damage mitigation when facing 2H ultimate or Corrosive.

The 2h buffs make me curious to pick up stam sorc again. But yeah StamDK is going to be in a great place, not that their struggling currently lol.
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    • bye Caltrops.
    It's cheaper and now AOE snares for 50% instead of 30%. I get a lot of the PvE players getting really mad about the damage nerf, but the ability won't be useless in PvP by any means. Wall of Frost has been nerfed several times over the past couple patches, but now they make the even larger area snare on Caltrops better? I don't get it.

And access to major fracture for classes that don't have it built into their class. That is huge for me.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vonknobby wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    my take so far:

So many changes at one time is going to be a nightmare. I'm not sure why they can't avoid radically changing the game every 6 months, other than drive crown store revenue from skilling up alts. Looks like a stam meta patch.

Sources of healing debuffs going down. Value of major mending/vigor going up.

Shields nerfed, so value block/dodge going up.

Bleeds nerfed and buffed at same time, combined with DK ultimate or 2H ultimate, they will drive up value of major/minor protection.

StamDK is going to be #1, Stamden/StamNB tied for #2, Stam Sorc #2, dark horse stam necro #3. MagNB might be only decent mag class.

All stam getting easy access to snare immunity, major expedition, major evasion, and major fracture.

StamDK - easy to see. Same as before with even more healing and dot pressure, access to high health regen. Best offensive/defensive ult for next patch.
    Stam Sorc - 15-6% damage done, speed, aoe unblockable CC, major vitality from encase, access to high health regen.
    Stam Necro - 10% increased dot damage, 10% dot dmg reduction, 10% all damage reduction, easy access to major protection, purge, probably the highest possible raw damage mitigation when facing 2H ultimate or Corrosive.

The 2h buffs make me curious to pick up stam sorc again. But yeah StamDK is going to be in a great place, not that their struggling currently lol.

stamDK always struggle.

*ALWAYS*

UwU
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    • bye Caltrops.

it won't be useless, and in PvP, the addition of major fracture would make it JUST as useful.

but in PvE, without the damage, there are other more useful skills.........

I mean, in PvP today, playing solo in a zerg vs zerg, spamming Caltrops is very effective. Hell, I even succesfully duel with it!
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber