The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Pvp vigor

GhostofDatthaw
GhostofDatthaw
✭✭✭✭✭
So I don't Stam at all, I'm a pure mag player. I see a lot of people saying vigor is op buffed now. Perhaps in duels, yes, it ticks faster for more. But I can't help but look that it only effects you, the other morph has slower ticks but is now aoe.

I see how solo play and duelers are gonna like this change. But it my eyes this is a really huge nerf to the small scale stam squads who have been stackin vigor for years. That was always low key op, and now in my eyes has been nerfed.

Am I wrong with this line of thinking?
Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 8, 2019 6:00PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering each Stam class in that squad now has a +85% vigor- not as much need to stack em. It’ll need nerfed. There were already classes that could survive off vigor ticks+crits. Stam dk for example with major mending on demand? Yeaaaa lets add 85% more to that. Mmk
    Edited by Insco851 on July 8, 2019 6:05PM
    Options
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Considering each Stam class in that squad now has a +85% vigor- not as much need to stack em. It’ll need nerfed

Rapid Regen is the same with backup shields available.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Considering each Stam class in that squad now has a +85% vigor- not as much need to stack em. It’ll need nerfed

Rapid wasn’t on the same level of vigor previously. And if it’s on the level of +85% vigor now- it’ll also need some nerfs
    Edited by Insco851 on July 8, 2019 6:07PM
    Options
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could never stack rapid regeneration either which is what made vigor so much better
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could never stack rapid regeneration either which is what made vigor so much better

You could stack rapid and the other morph tho
    Options
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could stack rapid and the other morph tho

Yeah buy you couldn't have like 8 regens ticking on you like you could vigors
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

Yeah but you needed to equip resto staff for that and magicka players are designed to have better heals. When you give near equal amount of healing to stamina builds things go out of balance
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I don't Stam at all, I'm a pure mag player. I see a lot of people saying vigor is op buffed now. Perhaps in duels, yes, it ticks faster for more. But I can't help but look that it only effects you, the other morph has slower ticks but is now aoe.

I see how solo play and duelers are gonna like this change. But it my eyes this is a really huge nerf to the small scale stam squads who have been stackin vigor for years. That was always low key op, and now in my eyes has been nerfed.

you are not.
    Considering each Stam class in that squad now has a +85% vigor- not as much need to stack em. It’ll need nerfed. There were already classes that could survive off vigor ticks+crits. Stam dk for example with major mending on demand? Yeaaaa lets add 85% more to that. Mmk

It may not be so bad. For many, it's just "free" health as it comes from ur mates. Now, it's going to cost a fair chunk of stamina and 1 extra GCD.

I wouldn't nerf until I see them.

I mean come on, DoT getting a buff and healers getting a nerf. I, a solo/small group/zerg player, would need ALL the heal I can get....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely sounds pretty strong. PTS testing should help us decide what to do next. But keep in mind there are A LOT of big changes this patch. Interactions between changes will occur that we won’t really understand until they are played with. Best thing you can do rn is download PTS and get on and test it.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

you are not.

It may not be so bad. For many, it's just "free" health as it comes from ur mates. Now, it's going to cost a fair chunk of stamina and 1 extra GCD.

I mean come on, DoT getting a buff and healers getting a nerf. I, a solo/small group/zerg player, would need ALL the heal I can get....

The cost even got reduced. To something like low 2k~

With healing modifiers these ticks are gonna be crazy strong. Add in the chance to keep it up more often...

There’s already successful builds that have 18-20k vigor tool tips. 2k+ per second. Not including crits. 33-37k tool tips coming? 3.3k per second? Not including crits. And Cheap? Broken.

Not including major mending, major vitality. Minor vitality. Cp modifiers.... uhhh
    Edited by Insco851 on July 8, 2019 6:59PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the rare Stam healers I see only necessary changes to vigor
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are not.

With healing modifiers these ticks are gonna be crazy strong. Add in the chance to keep it up more often...

There’s already successful builds that have 18-20k vigor tool tips. 2k+ per second. Not including crits. 33-37k tool tips coming? 3.3k per second? Not including crits. And Cheap? Broken.

Not including major mending, major vitality. Minor vitality. Cp modifiers.... uhhh

where are you getting these 20k vigor tooltips? in CP PvP?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

High dmg high burst Stam builds with 4K healing ticks per second with 75%+ uptime? Good luck killing these guys if vigor is up. A different form of “tank” meta coming if these healing changes continue. There’s “burst” heals that get 1-2k more per cast... lol tell me I’m missing something?

Lets add in health recovery!

Also... major defile has been nerfed. Fewer skills to get it from.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

High dmg high burst Stam builds with 4K healing ticks per second with 75%+ uptime? Good luck killing these guys if vigor is up. A different form of “tank” meta coming if these healing changes continue. There’s “burst” heals that get 1-2k more per cast... lol tell me I’m missing something?

I've been getting/got way more from a Stam team stacking vigors than the buff.

Now it's way more solo friendly and less Zerg friendly. I find that good.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Agree,also side note rally lost the healing over time so i don't think new vigor is that good vs live where you get vigor+rally and also can heal friendly target with it.

Time will tell if it's that good or not and maybe they are trying to push for more diversity in pvp instead of everyone(more or less)running with a 2h.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have just minimized how many vigor stacks were possible then. A single player now has the heals of 2.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are not.

where are you getting these 20k vigor tooltips? in CP PvP?

Yes and I always speak from a CP perspective ftr.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is someone on PTS can confirm or not if resolving vigor got a 85% buff or a 15% nerf please?
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Is someone on PTS can confirm or not if resolving vigor got a 85% buff or a 15% nerf please?

Not on the pts but:

Vigor: Adhered this ability to our single target HoT standards.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.
    Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.

Sure reads like a buff.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same amount of tics over 10 seconds. But they didn't double the tic healing...so over two seconds you are taking 15% less on that heal than you did last patch over 2 seconds...plus less opportunity to crit over ten seconds compared to last...only buff I see for it is HUGE stamina cost decrease over 10 seconds. Not how you guys are reading this as a buff...this is a BIG nerf to stamina healing...*YUGE* nerf
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically what I'm seeing

Last patch over ten seconds, random numbers 1k a second equals 7k stamina cost and 10k healing (two casts). Plus AOE portion

This patch over ten seconds 1.85k every two seconds equals 2.2k stam cost and 9.25k healing...this is not a buff...

When you include the two hander hot removal...this is going to be bad for solo stam toons. Real bad.

I tear all but the best stamina medium users a new *** in current CP campaign on my magplar. This patch the only thing that will save them is building for absolute glass and burst and catching me on a mistake...if I dont *** up you are not surviving unless you run, if you dont *** up and dont run you dead...
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how the massive nerfs everyone else got is almost like my magplar got OP status overnight. I already feel incredibly hard to deal with, now it's going to be ***. Can't CC break my total dark any more, GL bursting through my 18k a second tooltip living dark...dont even need honor the dead anymore...this is bad for you guys

Roflmao...these are healing tooltip values
    Living death: 9k+ every time you hit me every .5 seconds
    Extended ritual: 4-6k every two seconds
    Purifying light: 3-4k every two seconds.

All this equals: tooltip values of 21.5k-23k a second all in passive healing...

At this point they should just remove eclipse due to clumsiness and over poweredness completely. Replace with something else that's not damage oriented, magplar have too many damage oriented skills already, give us a Dawn's wrath tanking tool for PvE or a support buff for groups.
    Edited by Baconlad on July 8, 2019 8:16PM
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Basically what I'm seeing

Last patch over ten seconds, random numbers 1k a second equals 7k stamina cost and 10k healing (two casts). Plus AOE portion

This patch over ten seconds 1.85k every two seconds equals 2.2k stam cost and 9.25k healing...this is not a buff...

When you include the two hander hot removal...this is going to be bad for solo stam toons. Real bad.

I tear all but the best stamina medium users a new *** in current CP campaign on my magplar. This patch the only thing that will save them is building for absolute glass and burst and catching me on a mistake...if I dont *** up you are not surviving unless you run, if you dont *** up and dont run you dead...

Resolving is still 5 seconds. At 1.85
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Not on the pts but:

Vigor: Adhered this ability to our single target HoT standards.
    Vigor and Resolving Vigor now only heal the caster.
    Increased the duration to 10 seconds from 5 seconds, but decreased the tick frequency to 2 seconds from 1 second.
    Increased the healing per tick by approximately 85%.
    Reduced the cost to 2295 from 3511.

Sure reads like a buff.

Don't trust ZoS, test yourself.

I hope for this game balance that resolving tick every have half duration ticking every second but the with the half heal, so it would result in a 15% nerf.

That's why someone on PTS need to tell us with a little screen
    Options
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same amount of tics over 10 seconds. But they didn't double the tic healing...so over two seconds you are taking 15% less on that heal than you did last patch over 2 seconds...plus less opportunity to crit over ten seconds compared to last...only buff I see for it is HUGE stamina cost decrease over 10 seconds. Not how you guys are reading this as a buff...this is a BIG nerf to stamina healing...*YUGE* nerf

The guy misposted the patch notes.

The base morph got double the duration with 85% buff. (this is what you interpreted which is a net nerf)
    Resolving vigor brings it down back to 5 seconds, with double the frequency in ticks.
    So it is basically an 85% buff for resolving vigor morph.
    Edited by likecats on July 8, 2019 8:40PM
    Options
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the notes resolving vigor should do the same healing as the base morph and echoing. It should be a buff
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok @likecats

I'm not one for enjoying nerfs...my magplar has been nerfed consistently for YEARS and has turned into the meme for nerfs on classes...

That's a good thing then I think. Solo stam toons will be much happier. They are also taking hits to some of the best stam sets as well. I dont think the healing is going to be THAT much different. Time will tell thanks for clarifying
    Options
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't forward momentum loose its hot?
    You gotta consider this too.
    Till now it was 2 hots aviable to stamina, now its just vigor
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
    Options
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't forward momentum loose its hot?
    You gotta consider this too.
    Till now it was 2 hots aviable to stamina, now its just vigor

The hot was not equivalent to 85% of a vigor tick. It was more like 25%-30%.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how the massive nerfs everyone else got is almost like my magplar got OP status overnight. I already feel incredibly hard to deal with, now it's going to be ***. Can't CC break my total dark any more, GL bursting through my 18k a second tooltip living dark...dont even need honor the dead anymore...this is bad for you guys

Roflmao...these are healing tooltip values
    Living death: 9k+ every time you hit me every .5 seconds
    Extended ritual: 4-6k every two seconds
    Purifying light: 3-4k every two seconds.

All this equals: tooltip values of 21.5k-23k a second all in passive healing...

At this point they should just remove eclipse due to clumsiness and over poweredness completely. Replace with something else that's not damage oriented, magplar have too many damage oriented skills already, give us a Dawn's wrath tanking tool for PvE or a support buff for groups.

But I really like this change. It really incentives running with a purge of sorts.

Warden, Templar, Necro have native access; the others will have to either roll with curse eater, wyrd tree, or purge - I don't see just dealing with it though lol.

It's kinda what I hoped Templars would get; here is to hoping it makes it through the PTS gauntlet!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options