The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    horse problem is solved for the moment. i can use again my second horse!
    For the missing bankslots n items...the only...for the moment the only you can do is...create new extra char(s), use the 60 places in backpack for herbs,for runes and one for all the other *** and hope that the new will not loose his 60 backpack items and hope too, after transfer to the 60 place bank, items are available after relog on the other char.....big waste of time :neutral_face:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey folks, just a quick update. We're gathering all the known info so we can provide you with an update about this issue. Please bear with us.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on April 13, 2014 3:29PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, just a quick update. We're gathering all the known info so we can provide you with ah update about this issue. Please bear with us.
    We eagerly await news. And that's eager in a mild anger kind of way.
  • cameyerrwb17_ESO
    cameyerrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This just happened to me a few minutes ago too. I had 110 bank slots (crafter here, so needed all the extra slots I could get), and got mails for the CE items. I then checked my bank to find that I had 4/60 items, with 2 treasure maps, a piece of armor, and a food ingredient being the only items I had left (not sure why those were spared).

I logged on to an alt out of simple curiosity, and found all of a sudden that I had 60/60 items, so I've quickly withdrawn everything from my bank and spread it across my 7 alts, to try and leave nothing in there, but I've still lost some items, as I had more than 60 in there when everything disappeared.

I contacted Zenimax and this was their response:
    Response By Email (Nathan) (04/13/2014 10:16 AM)
    Greetings Cazka,

We are currently investigating a fix for the issue regarding bank space.
    Missing items and slots will be returned, and we recommend that players not purchase additional bank spaces, as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that players please bear with us as we work on a solution.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I was glad to hear about items and slots being returned, but this is seriously going to hamper my playing the game until the issue is resolved, because I found it almost impossible to manage items with 110 bank slots, let alone 60, and having no confidence that anything I put in there will stay in there. Seriously hope this gets fixed soon, as it is game-breaking for me.
    Edited by cameyerrwb17_ESO on April 13, 2014 2:56PM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is tied in with doing major group dungeons. I've never done one at all on this account and have zero problems with inventory.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is tied in with doing major group dungeons. I've never done one at all on this account and have zero problems with inventory.

Definitely not. Too widespread. It -may- have to do with going between characters while the server is experiencing problems. It bugs out and recognizes your log in as the first, resends your CE items, and resets some things like inventory and bank space.

• KindaMayvelle
    KindaMayvelle
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad to see the mods are posting back in this thread at least. I guess that's a good sign after such a long span of radio silence.
  • Tanzi
    Tanzi
    just had this happen to me so i sent a support ticket explaining my items and bank slots where gone and i got this reply

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I'm sorry but unfortunately it's impossible to store items in the bank if they're in a container, you'll need to remove them from the container before you can store them.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

do they even bother to read our requests for help?

what am i supposed to do now with my stuff? i cant store anything else in the bank in case it to disappears.

When will this be fixed? and will they restore all lost items, bank slots and money back to ppl that have had this stuff removed? :/
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify something....some people are speculating that it's happening only to those with the IMPERIAL edition....it isn't.

I bought my standard edition (with pre-order bonuses) straight from Zenimax.

Well, is it something restricted to those that pre-ordered (and thus had some kind of "bonus" in-game mails sent? It seems to me that this is tied to some kind of account flag reset, because most have noted they get the bonus mails again, and lose the flag for having completed the tutorial once (allowing skips). I did note character-specific inventory upgrades were not affected.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here, happened to me last night.
    Digital download from Zenimax, later upgraded to Imperial.

Yesterday I bought the third bank upgrade, 90 slots. Later at the evening I was sorting my stuff between alts (I was storing and taking quite a few items from the bank between the characters to reorganize my things and deciding what to decon).

Lastly I logged on with one of my characters and received the pre-order items once again. When I checked my bank it was reset from 90 slots down to the default 60 slots, with various items disappearing (no way to remember which items as I have lots of crafting materials in the bank). After I submitted a ticket and it was answered but with nothing useful. I'm not going to touch the bank until this is fixed - nor do I feel to play either, I just spent a few hours staring the screen and logged off.

It's annoying when some quests can't be advanced without trying to relog over and over, but that stuff happens with new games. This bug however is on totally different level. I hope this is on your high priority fix list! If the game wouldn't be as good as it is otherwise and I would want it to succeed personally - it's needless to say what would I do next.
    Edited by daim on April 13, 2014 3:45PM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Darkleaf
    Darkleaf
    ✭✭
    This also happened to me last night. This morning it seems I got most (maybe all, really hard to tell) of my items in the bank back, but I still lost my upgrade to the bank slots. I guess I'll avoid using the bank (which really sucks) until I hear this is ok and I get my upgrade back.
  • Requielle
    Requielle
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Never done a major group dungeon, and I lost my bank a week ago. So we can discard that theory.
  • atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i cant understand how it can be......in a mmo !!!RPG!!! the bank is one of the MOST importand things especially when it is a mmo with A LOT OF ITEMS and one of the best crafting systems i ever seen ina mmo.....and it isnt working properly.....WTF?? 1 month longer Beta test....ONLY ONE could solve a lot of problems!!!! BUT NO...Lets go online and take the cash from all.....let them pay for one month...we will fix the probs in this time with a lot of downtimes and a lot of pissed players.....bullsh strategy and now YOU...the support has to take all that on his shoulders.....sorry but...FIX THE PROBLEM or pay the cash back to the players.....we dont want to pay for stress and wasted time.....that is like...buy a car an one week later you dont have the seats in it and you cant use it but the car is working....same here....i have a bank but its useless...i payed 3 months subscription and its a cheek that 2-3 times a week the servers are down (main time) and after these lot of down times one of the biggest problems is not solved....atm i need more time to transfer items from one char to another as i can play.....
    Edited by atomicangelb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 3:57PM
  • VertigoTX
    VertigoTX
    I got the form email as well. They completely ignored that fact that I reported my skills/points are messed up. In my case, all skills have been reset but the expense points have not been refunded.
  • destructor646646b14_ESO
    Hey folks, just a quick update. We're gathering all the known info so we can provide you with an update about this issue. Please bear with us.
    Gee a comment from someone on this. That we should've seen when the bugs started coming 10 days ago.

Terrible customer service, Zenimax. Absolutely terrible. Data integrity is the absolute most important thing in a MMO, and you have failed and failed SO badly in it it's not even funny.

Also got hit with the bank bug for a SECOND time this morning. All I did was log into an alt and oh look, I have 4 pieces of mail containing all my preorder items.

But hey, at least I get more treasure maps for more free loot.

I hope that everyone who got hit by this bug gets their money and items back, as well as a free month's sub for having to deal with such an absolutely critical and complete failure in your system.
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    VertigoTX wrote: »
    I had the "failed to transfer" issue last night right before the emergency maintenance. This morning, my character is naked. My inventory is gone, but there are some 100 stacks of materials from my bank on him. The bank was full, but now has 4 items. All my skills have been reset, but I don't have the skill points back. Oh... and my horse is gone :(

This is something that I've been concerned about. Bank slots going *poof* appears to me to be a side effect of unreliable handling of account-level data within the server network (setting accounts back to *new*). If that unreliability extends beyond account data and includes character data, it can eventually result in damage to characters as character data is passed server to server and to the DB. That appears to be what has happened in your case. Hopefully ZOS can restore characters easier than they can bank slots, items, and gold.
  • nero5684ub17_ESO
    nero5684ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just had this happen to me! I had put some things in the bank and logged out of one character and into another and saw that I had mail, so I checked it and it was the CE items again so I checked my bank and I have 0 items and only 60 spaces instead of the 80 I had upgraded.

Please fix this ASAP!
  • Sindofin
    Sindofin
    ✭✭
    Same here a few moments ago. Bank went from around 90 to 60, all the gold in the bank disappeared, and the duplicate mails from the Imperial Edition arrived.
    Edited by Sindofin on April 13, 2014 4:53PM
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can this be tied to having multiple characters? If I have only one character am I safe?
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Can this be tied to having multiple characters? If I have only one character am I safe?

Probably not, I think my buddy had only one character and all his bank items and gold was gone. He made a support ticket that went unanswered for two days..until it was "escalated" at which point they sent him a generic response that they're working on it. He should already have his stuff back by now. So he quit.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not be playing until this issue is fixed... I heard reports that research as well as skill points got reset by many in my guild last night... I can tell you if my research is gone I will charge back my money and cancel the 3 subscriptions in my house hold.
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Seriously? 17+ days going and this is all the response we get? This and a footnote in the "Known issues" thread? Not to mention the horrid treatment from the support.

I lost all my will to play and stopped logging in. I am simply FED UP with spending all my time trying to sort out my inventory. And as a stopgap I filled up all my existing alts with items now and will have to create more. But so sick of going through the Coldharbour intro(which thanks to the same bug I cant skip) to make more mule alts.

There bloody better be a compensation to gametime lost.
    Edited by RickiHN on April 13, 2014 5:10PM
  • Vordar
    Vordar
    ✭✭
    Hey folks, just a quick update. We're gathering all the known info so we can provide you with ah update about this issue. Please bear with us.

One quick question, our tickets were being closed since they were forwarded to higher tiers, so we gonna have to open new tickets when the issue is fixed or you guys going to go over the closed tickets. Thanks.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    For the sake of more closely tracking and investigating the issue of missing bank items, bank slots, and skill points, we've made a dedicated official thread for it. If you are still being impacted by this issue, please head over to the thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/77461/missing-bank-items-bank-slots-skill-points
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • BlowFish
    BlowFish
    It would be good to know if it was fixed i.e. it's not happening from now going forward. I guess not?

mind you the issue that stopped stopped NPCs spawning and blocked quests was supposed to be fixed and thats clearly not the case.

/sadpanda

• EvilsResonance
    Congratulations ZOS.... It happened to me a second time... and this time i lost my COMPLETE BANK! ... i only have 2 items left in my bank... all other is GONE!

ARE YOU JUST KIDDING ME??? Last time i lost from 100 Slots back to 60 slots EVERYTHING!!!! and now... i lost completely EVERYTHING in MY STORAGE!

What is this ***! Great decision to only give a handful of stupid players beta access to more than the starting area and long time testing... congratulations... I was close to veteran rank 5 and now my complete exitement to the game is GONE... thanks for that.. i lost everything... and no need to beta test your game any further.
  • quatzacoatlb16_ESO
    add me to the "list" ( at this point i have no idea in what post to sign up for the magical bugged accnt list so im just replying in all the active ones till i get some answers)
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be one of the worst launches I have seen yet. Fix the darned game before charging customers $80+
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO
    Well, Ive posted my ticket data (obviously, the ticket is marked as "solved"). Did anyone actually got his issues fixed after DT? Never heard of such thing.

In the meantime, I have a proposition. Since now some of us have lots of monkeys (I have 3 for instance), lets send them to CS to replace the agents, they will clearly do a better job than whoever is there at this moment.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Ive posted my ticket data (obviously, the ticket is marked as "solved"). Did anyone actually got his issues fixed after DT? Never heard of such thing.

In the meantime, I have a proposition. Since now some of us have lots of monkeys (I have 3 for instance), lets send them to CS to replace the agents, they will clearly do a better job than whoever is there at this moment.

No one has been fixed. Not one customer.

They tell you, they cannot restore the items or gold and to make a new character. My friend lost 50K and all his crafting mats because of this garbage, and then he quit. I'm thinking of doing the same before it happens to me.