Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Last night, we performed a maintenance to address the long loading times that many were reporting, and some of the missing bank item issues. If you are still missing bank items, deposited gold, bank slots, and/or skill points, please submit a help request either in-game or via our help portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/ We are actively investigating this issue.

If you have already submitted a ticket about this issue, we ask for your patience, please. We're getting through them as quickly as possible.

If you submitted a help request for this issue, are still experiencing it, and your ticket was erroneously closed as "Resolved", please reply to this thread with your ticket number.

Thank you
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • milaan_muc
    milaan_muc
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Jessica,

will you also restore missing gold? I didn't lost items in the bank but about 37,5k and one upgrade to 70 slots.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hello Jessica,

will you also restore missing gold? I didn't lost items in the bank but about 37,5k and one upgrade to 70 slots.

Yes, amending the first post. That should also be listed. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Relicz
    Relicz
    ✭✭
    I'm missing all my gear my 2 horses and about 124 skill points 140412-112160 I havn't had a response in a while, this sucks man
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can we play the game still when this bug has happened many times and people are losing more and more items, skill points and research?

We did a survey on our guild site and 65 people of 400+ have had the bank issue problem... It was all people where talking about on twitch and our voice last night.

#140412-005049
    Edited by Amsel_McKay on April 13, 2014 5:24PM
  • Elyf
    Elyf
    ✭✭
    Bug just happened to me :/ my 100 bank slots reset to 60 and all items in it are gone :(
    I just filed a support ticket but can I still play without messing everything up now???
  • nwnzocker
    nwnzocker
    Since you are asking for it :
    here are some of my Ticketnumbers

140401-036024
    140401-041553
    140404-041130
    140404-034911
    140404-033250
    140404-033851
    140405-037881
    140409-012570
    140404-033097

The bankproblem ist still not resolved since my first Report about it on 01.04.2014. Bank Slots are still missing. Gold for buying the Bank Slots was also not refunded.
    Edited by nwnzocker on April 13, 2014 5:32PM
  • Withoutsoul
    This has happened to me 3 times now. Will I be compensated for all 3 times or just the most recent one? I can survive if at least the most recent one is fixed, as I lost more than 100k gold in total with upgrades and mats inside the bank.
    140413-072527 this is one of my requests.
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    Still missing my bank slots and cannot skip Coldharbour intro.
    No items missing.
    Original thread marked resolved:
    Question Reference # 140409-055601
    Edited by RickiHN on April 13, 2014 5:39PM
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know most of all, is if our accounts will be rolled back, or if we should not play until the fix is in?
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do they have any idea what might be causing the issue yet? As in, specific activities we should avoid until the problem is fixed? Or has the cause of the problem already been fixed, and the only thing remaining to do is to fix the characters that were affected?

I am fortunate in that this has not happened to me yet. I'm just curious if there are any activities I should avoid.
  • Louwillis
    Louwillis
    Bank Slots + Items within those missing Bank slots still missing.

Ticket Number:
    # 140411-030399
  • VertigoTX
    VertigoTX
    140413-032836
    140413-032953

I requested a phone call and provided my number. I'm now being asked via email to confirm my payment source and my secret question. I don't agree to this. I'm not putting that information in a plain text email.

Character lost:
    - worn armor/weapons/jewelry
    - inventory
    - bank inventory
    - horse
    - skills but skill points not refunded

Character is now a nude lvl 16 Templar with 5 skill points. I honestly don't care about the "stuff". The skill points are all I'm really concerned with. If that can be corrected, I'll be patient and wait for that.

*EDIT*
    I've now received a customer satisfaction survey on this unresolved matter. Really? I'm a fairly understanding person. In fact, I'm not upset about what has happened as I understand that bugs occur at this stage, and it will be worked through. It does seem as though the Customer Service team needs some process review and coaching.

*EDIT 2*
    Just got another form email about the bank issue that fails to acknowledge that I've lost skill points and that my character is unplayable.

I'd like to think I'm a reasonable person. I'm not upset that the bug happened, or any of the other issues that are going on. I'm confident that this is a complex issue, and the dev team will figure it out. What is beginning to test my patience is the terrible comprehension and failed communications of the "Customer Support Team".

*EDIT 3*
    I've had just about enough of this crap. After repeated emails with Customer Support, they are now telling me how to go respec my skills. I'm not paying my gold to respec skills to regain skill points lost by a bug in the software.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom... is there anything you can do to get some one to coach the Customer Support team? Can someone just respec my characters skills so I can go on and play my main character? I really don't care about the items. I just want the character fixed. The character name is in the original ticket request.

*EDIT 4*
    Good News: I got a phone call from Support this morning!
    Bad News: It was 2am

I requested phone support at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask?phone=1
    One of the form blanks is a question...

"Don't call after"

I answered this as Midnight CST.

The caller also welcomed me to call them back so we can resolve the issue with my skill points. He did not give me a call back number...

At some point today, I will call the number on the Caller ID. To be perfectly candid, I have my doubts that this will be resolved in an amicable manner.

*EDIT5*
    I spoke with a CSR tonight. They escalated my ticket, and I now have skill points to spend. They said the items will take more time, and they will get back to me on that later.
    Edited by VertigoTX on April 17, 2014 2:45AM
  • Vikes546b16_ESO
    Still missing my bank slot upgrades, which I purchased twice. I have been hit by the bug 3 times so far, based on in-game mail vanity pet garbage.

My help ticket # 140407-078167 is listed as "solved". It isn't as I have not received bank slots, a refund, or compensation.
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Ref #:
    140404-020856
    140412-005360

I am still missing some of my stuff, my 40 slots-worth bank upgrades, and my gold.

Precious is not happy. Not happy at all.
    Edited by Salmonleap on April 13, 2014 5:49PM
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • seraphym_ESO
    My ticket from April 1st (140402-034722) was closed a couple of days later. Per instructions in the email, I responded four days after that to have it reopened since the issue was (and still is) present, and have not heard anything back. So far, my bank slots are fine - still at 80 - but I've not seen a return of any items lost when my bank contents originally went *poof* during early access.
  • darkhb14_ESO
    My skill points and gear are gone. Character is naked and bank is empty. I have my vanity pets but am missing maps from the explorer's pack.
    I submitted a ticket and was told that "request has been directed to our Mages Guild". Really? How is this any helpful?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the missing bank item issues
    Some would seem to imply there were many bugs and you haven't fixed them all, so it's safe to assume the bank is still broken, right?

Edited by KerinKor on April 13, 2014 5:40PM
  • TheTycoon
    TheTycoon
    I am still missing some items and my bank upgrade from a long time ago. My ticket was marked "Solved" when it clearly was not, I responded to that (as they told me to within 120 days,) but never heard anything back.

Question Reference # 140404-000360
    If you like fishing and want to join a guild focused on fishing and role playing, send me a message on the forums or in-game @TycoonBarnaby
  • terenth
    terenth
    Soul Shriven
    I have a question? when the skill points go poof is it always ALL of them? or can it be just a few of them? I have not been tracking how many I have so I have no idea if or how much I've lost. I lost 20 bank space and items myself I know that much, no idea what items either. If it wasn't for the fact I talked this game up so much to my friend and he just got the game I would at the very least be playing a different game right now for a few months. This is garbage and I am terribly upset there are so many huge issues that could have been more thoroughly tested and debugged out of the game before launch on PC/Mac. Lol I don't want to know how bad the consoles are going to suffer.
  • nibblehamster
    This also happened to me, my ticket was also marked "solved" which it is not.
    my bank space/missing items/gold are still missing.
    #140413-074978
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, are you stating that your team feels that last night's maintenance has supposedly fixed this issue? It doesn't appear that way to me since fresh occurrences have been posted within the hour. However, give me a day of game time* and I'll log in to see if it has been fixed. I'll log my characters on/off constantly for the next 8 hours trying to reproduce the bug. If it has been fixed, then I'll be happy to sub and start my 30 days. Or give me access to the PTS. I have some free time. Only too happy to help with the troubleshooting.

My ticket 140405-044905 was closed as "Status: Solved". I replied asking that it remain open, but since I've received no reply I'll assume it has remained closed.

* The bug hit me during early access. Not wanting to take a risk, I have not set up a sub since I'm not too keen on wasting my included 30 days while ZOS grabbles with game breaking bugs for weeks. Therefore, I can't currently log in to game.
    Edited by Altairien on April 13, 2014 5:52PM
  • Bittercold
    Bittercold
    Soul Shriven
    My ticket number is 140410-084018

Last email mentioned a patch and flagged my ticket as solved. However nothing has changed for me.

I am still missing my bank slot upgrade and around 1k in gold that I originally didn't realize was gone. My excess items went into character inventory as far as I can tell.
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Those effected need to be compensated and have all their lost items and gold returned. Please post here if you actually receive all of your in game items and gold back, as I have friends who have quit that may come back and open a ticket if this is the case.
    Edited by Tweek on April 13, 2014 6:09PM
  • dbennett707cub18_ESO
    140412-112034

Marked me as resolved without doing anything(was sent survey). My affected character Eggroll, lost all skill points put into passives, everything he was carrying, including all equiped items, and everything that was in my bank that wasn't a stack of 100 was wiped, however bank still remains with the correct # of slots 80. It also reset me back to stage 1 vampirism.
    Edited by dbennett707cub18_ESO on April 13, 2014 6:04PM
  • Kefria
    Kefria
    Soul Shriven
    Now that I've been answered and have had my status of the ticket marked as escalated I'm a lot less frustrated than I was.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, The only thing I'd like to ask is: I was advised not to play by a CS rep when I logged my original ticket. Is this still the case? I'm currently losing the 30 days with game time while I wait this out. I've not really been online since the 7th April due to this.
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    140409-037459 has been marked as solved, got nothing back and have been told to wait for a future patch.

• merced
    merced
    Yea my ticket was marked as "solved" what a joke, still missing my 20 bank slots, deposited gold, and whatever items didn't get thrown straight in to my inventory.

Question Reference # 140412-103199

Date Created: 04/12/2014 07:54 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/12/2014 08:07 PM
  • MaximusDredd
    I lost everything (including skills) and my ticket has also been marked solved when it has not been.

# 140413-061631
  • Shukal
    Shukal
    Ticket number 140406-056990 (marked as solved)

Bank slots and items are still missing. Had no gold stored in the bank though so no gold missing.
    Edited by Shukal on April 13, 2014 7:28PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Kefria wrote: »
    Now that I've been answered and have had my status of the ticket marked as escalated I'm a lot less frustrated than I was.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, The only thing I'd like to ask is: I was advised not to play by a CS rep when I logged my original ticket. Is this still the case? I'm currently losing the 30 days with game time while I wait this out. I've not really been online since the 7th April due to this.

@Kefria, sending you a PM. We'd like to see the message you were sent.

Anyone who has been impacted by this issue can continue to play. Character rollbacks will not be needed (nor is it possible).

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.