The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestions] Future Content I'd Like to See (2.0)

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sequel to the base-game group dungeons
    Sounds like a good idea! Especially gicing all dungeons their own crafting motiv... fashion (and hunting for it) IS the true endgame after all!
    Consumable skills
    Yeah. Alchemy grenades would only require a third solvent, and perhaps some "damage tape" ingredients (like... damage health and fire type for a firebomb grenade, damage health and mist type for a poison cloud grenade... restore health and mist type for a healing cloud grenade, etc.)

Scrollcrafting... well, that could be an entirely new crafting skill line (Scribe?), that not only allows to make "magical scrolls", but also allows people to use the same (rare) ingredients to pen their own motiv pages, recipes and furniture patterns from those known by their characters.
    Stealth-based Alliance War faction and skill line
    YES!
    Good idea!
    A four-faction Alliance War campaign
    Or more then four factions.
    There could be an "imperial remnant" faction in purple "diamond" flag... but also an "bandit" faction hostile to -everyone- in another color (black jolly roger flag?)... and possibly a "neutral" faction that is non-hostile but still attackable (yellow) for everyone...
    Tho I would want to see those to start from "unsecured" bases, allowing the others to raid their spawning point if they so choose. Price of fighting for the low resource side!
    Bal Molagmer
    Nah. Too limited... too less sell-able.

If anything... how about a "guilds" DLC that adds guild storylines to expansion maps? Have an "sequel" for the mages, fighters, thieves guilds and dark brotherhood storylines in Vvardenfell and Summerset and Elsweyr... possibly even for Craglorn and Orsinium... reusing some "one-quest" maps, perhaps... it would be a story DLC where the developers could use a lot of what we already have to make it at a lower cost, while still breathing more life into places...
    New class and new race
    Artificer would be much better done as a -guild- skill line, not a class. New classes are evil, mmm'kay? Not for new players, but very much so for those who have been playing since launch and hate it whent hey have to make a new character to enjoy new classyness, and even moreso when an new class would make a much better fit for an old characters backstory...

But artificers are really, really -rare- in the elder scrolls setting, so it would not be a good immersion to have tons of players with those "steampunk" skills running around (in THIS era). At best one or two half-understood artifacts (like a dwemer monster helm set). You might want to check out my old "scholar" guild idea, maybe: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)

But definitely new races! And more then just one! (since new races -can- be refitted to old characters through racechange tokens...) - take a look at: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1 ;)
    New motifs
    Yes.
    All of those and more!
    We can -never- have enough options to customize our looks!
    Some additions to the bestiary
    ...will likely come with new DLCs/Expansions. I can't really see them want to spend the effort to refit those to older places without getting paid extra...
    New mounts and pets
    Will come to the crown store.
    All of them.
    Sooner or later.
    New cosmetic options
    Would be very appreciated.

I for one would also love to see "structural unlocks" in the crown store that can allow to exceed some slider limits in chargen... allow to make extra-tall "titanborn" nords, or extra-muscular orcs you wouldn't like when angry, or extra-fat breton friars that might give piggyback rides over rivers if you defeat them in a fight, or extra-petite vampire assassin girls that can squeeze through every narrow window or pretend to be an helpless orphan waif to lure in their prey, or extra-short dwarfs that drink wine and know things, or extra-stout imperial matrons that make the best pasta, or extra-busty altmer priestesses that may turn many a head when out for a stroll...
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you guys even want something. Which wasnt even in the older elder Scrolls?

Houses. Yes. Its potential money.
  • Eraldus
    Eraldus
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Dawnguard DLC would be amazing!

Maybe we could get to meet Serana before she was imprisioned with that Elder Scroll and we would need to help her and her mother to deal with her father and the Volkihar Clan?

It would fit well with the ESO timeline, since in Skyrim, she mentions she was imprisioned during the 2nd Era and also on how vampires are related to Molag Bal...

And +1 to spears/polearms as well... I loved using them back in Morrowind and I've been missing them ever since.
    Edited by Eraldus on July 2, 2019 2:54PM
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Frost dps... Frost is traditionally the third elemental destruction magic type in elder scrolls lore and yet the frost “destruction” staff passives and the warden winters embrace skill line are mostly dedicated to tanking because of some arbitrary reason. Apparently mages suddenly decided that it was better to tank with destruction magic rather than alteration magic during the dragonbreak in which eso is contained

Yeah, this ice tanking is weird. I mean it makes sense from a certain point of view, ice being the tankiest of the 3 elements, but doesn't fit desto at all. I think it is too late to change the Warden in that regard, but the change on the frost staff can be reverted. I always felt like magic in TES was about direct damage and AoE + offensive utility depending on the chosen element. Fire offers the strongest pure DMG through dot, shock debuffs (reduces magicka on target in single player TES) and ice is about control. If that was applied more consistently frost staves would still offer some utility to tanks without being dedicated to it. Still magicka needs tanking options, unless ZOS steers away from the every attribute can do everything approach.

What I'd wish for, is a new spelltome off hand "weapon" (weapon gameplay wise, but just a mundane container of knowledge in-universe) to form a 1 handed and magic skill line together with the existing one handed weapons. Aesthetically it should vary quite a lot depending on style, using all kinds of information storage used by the different cultures (plaques for Argonian, scroll cases for Imerial, written on hide for Bosmer and lots of books for example). Animation wise, the char should just cast the spells with their hands, true TES style, and ignore the tome hanging somewhere of their body. Heavy attacks could look similar to skyrims novice lighting/flame/frost spells, whilst light attacks still use the 1H weapon. They could even add skyrims ward spell effect to blocking. Maybe it also is the best candidate for the skill line used when you only have one 1H-weapon equipped (instead of dual wielding).
    For the gameplay I have only a few thoughts, no complete skill line to offer. One staple of TES (and maaany other fantasy IPs) is the elemental bolt (fireball etc), probably doing burst aoe. This obviously leads to the question if there should be different elemental versions of the tome.
    Another useful thing might be contributing magicka to blocking, either through a passive or active. This obviously ties in with the ward animation mentioned earlier.
    One ability I'd definetly like to see is bound weapon: Summoning a daedric off-hand weapon and thus changing to the dual wielding animation set. The effects should include an increase in weapon dmg scaling with max Magicka/spell damage. Such cross attribute mechanics are really what I'd like to see in this weapon, giving you better opportunities to capitalize on your off-resource/rewarding investment into it, whilst favoring magicka over stamina (without neglecting the latter).
    Heavy attacks should probably restore magicka if it is mainly spell based. Alternatively it could restore both a bit or just the higher max (changing animation accordingly).

Generally I'm all for polearms, but magicka love is more needed in the weapons department.
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Skins... I mean there are so many Assets already there. Let us use all those diffrent Skins for our Combat Pets. A Senche-Rath for the Warden Bear? A Flameatronach instead of our tedious, ugly, and outdated Sorc Pets?

I feel like there is SO much money to make and i know i would buy it instantly if they ever implement it.

Or just update the Sorc pets. Those things are ugly as hell...
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Cani wrote: »
    Pet Skins... I mean there are so many Assets already there. Let us use all those diffrent Skins for our Combat Pets. A Senche-Rath for the Warden Bear? A Flameatronach instead of our tedious, ugly, and outdated Sorc Pets?

I feel like there is SO much money to make and i know i would buy it instantly if they ever implement it.

Or just update the Sorc pets. Those things are ugly as hell...

Ability skins in general would be a nice addition. They gave Wardens the optional grey bear skin, which could really be expanded upon.