Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a spreadsheet or something like that that can be read regarding the current state of lorebooks, missing or otherwise? I'm glad they fixed some of them so they can finally be read, but I'm still looking for some stragglers.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sirona_Starr : The first post of this thread is where I'm keeping all the information I have up to date. This thread was getting too large and unwieldy to effectively track issues people were having and report them effectively, so I've started the new thread in hopes to alleviate that. As people report more books, I'm running them down and adding them in. If you find ones that aren't listed, please don't hesitate to say so and provide as much information about them as possible if you can. Note that I'm currently trying to focus on studying for a test that I plan on taking in...20 days?... so I may not be able to respond and add things immediately. I will try to get to it as soon as I'm able, though.

@xenowarrior92eb17_ESO Unfortunately, I've only run it the once on the PTS and it's not the sort of thing I can immediately run in and check on and point to you. However, I'm thinking it might be in that big room on the fire side on one of the mats. I seem to remember there being one in the big room on fire side (the one with the hole in the middle), one on the frost side, and one by a wall on the way from the big room to the fire dragon, in addition to the one beside the questgiver and the one on the way to the first trash pull. Which is which is a bit more vague right now, but hopefully someone else will be able to help you. Maybe try asking in the other thread I've linked above?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok so I finally finished all elsweyr quests(from what I know) and I ended up missing only 3 books
    -Letter to Bakul
    -Letter to Jakarn
    (I am at its exact location in the sewer but there is nothing there:( and I checked it especially when I was doing the quests as well...still nothing there...am I missing anything?)
    -Sealed Imperial Summons

all help is welcome! :3
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok so I finally finished all elsweyr quests(from what I know) and I ended up missing only 3 books
    -Letter to Bakul
    -Letter to Jakarn
    (I am at its exact location in the sewer but there is nothing there:( and I checked it especially when I was doing the quests as well...still nothing there...am I missing anything?)
    -Sealed Imperial Summons

all help is welcome! :3

* Letter to Jakarn:

Did you finish the Jakarn's quest? (Jewel of Baan Dar) It starts very late into the questline, and has no obvious quest giver marker, you need to wander in the area between the wayshrine, writ delivery crates and daily quest givers to get it.

In process of the quest, the book is in the sewers. After the quest, the book is at the lower landing in Stitches, where this quest ends.

* Sealed Imperial Summons:

If you played the prologue quest before the expansion itself hit, you are SooL. It was not in Eidetic when you read it, and you can't read it again at this time.

* Letter to Bakul:

In Sunspire, in the shrine (don't recall which one, Jone or Jode), near a statue.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar I didn't knew that...thx for the tip il go to find him since that makes sense :D
    regarding imperial summons yeah I remember reading it but forgot where...so I can no longer go inside the prologue and read it? :( even if I tp to someone whos at that stage?
    letter to bakul...can you be a bit more specific...cuz the whole place is full of statues :D
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar I didn't knew that...thx for the tip il go to find him since that makes sense :D
    regarding imperial summons yeah I remember reading it but forgot where...so I can no longer go inside the prologue and read it? :( even if I tp to someone whos at that stage?
    letter to bakul...can you be a bit more specific...cuz the whole place is full of statues :D

Teleporting to someone at "that stage" wouldn't do anything because the book in question is not IN the quest, but the quest starter. You can still buy it from the Crown Store, but you cannot READ it, getting a message saying you have completed it already.

As for the Letter to Bakul... Sorry, don't even remember which shrine (there was one book in each, the other, IIRC, A Window for Escape) placed very similarly. Didn't have an opportunity to do it slow and steady, the group I was with was pretty impatient (to the point I got the last book, Mojha is a Fool, poking around solo, thanks to one person just disconnecting, not dropping from the group). I still don't have the Sunspire completed, just one of the bosses.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭
    My situation after ELsweyr release:
    • Sealed Imperial Summons
    • Tome of the Undaunted
    • Information Request from Emeric
    • Updated Instructions from Dortene
    • Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment
    • Dead-Water Riddle Fragment
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirumorg wrote: »
    My situation after ELsweyr release:
    • Sealed Imperial Summons
    • Tome of the Undaunted
    • Information Request from Emeric
    • Updated Instructions from Dortene
    • Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment
    • Dead-Water Riddle Fragment

Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment is now available on a table in the NW corner of the main hut in Bright-Throat Village.

I still haven’t seen the Dead-Water Fragment, although it baffles me that they’d fix one without the other.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me where are these Year 2920 volumes? The lorebooks add-on doesn't seem to have clear and/or correct info on them: v18, v25, v26 and v27.
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me where are these Year 2920 volumes? The lorebooks add-on doesn't seem to have clear and/or correct info on them: v18, v25, v26 and v27.

i believe some are bookshelves in imperial city. its been awhile, but I think there were posts early in this thread with help for these.
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Besides Sealed Imperial Summons being impossible at the moment, the last Elsweyr book I need is Letter to Vittoria. Anyone know where it's located?

Found it: Sandswirl Manor, to the left of the front door while facing it, through a stone opening, on the ground.

Updated list of unobtainables for me:
    -Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    -Information Request from Emeric
    -Updated Instructions from Dortene
    -Tome of the Undaunted
    -Sealed Imperial Summons

Every other book I have collected. This update fixed House Hlaalu Merchant Camp after years (thank you!) but added Sealed Imperial Summons to the unobtainables. Will continue praying for a dev to be granted the hour or two needed to research and place clones of them in relevant places.

My suggestions:

-Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Outside Kinlady Avinisse's Mansion front door in Shimmerene

-Information Request from Emeric AND Updated Instructions from Dortene
    On one of Daggerfall Covanent's main camp area gates, like with the other two alliances and their alliance-only camp books. EP and AD got their books put outside on their gates a little while ago. Still need to do these two DC books. EP and AD have never been able to read the DC books, but DC was provided access access to all Cyrodiil lore.

-Tome of the Undaunted
    Either have it unlock at the same time as the signed version, or have it in the enclaves for the alliances the character isn't in. Currently you can only read the book in your alliance's enclave. As AD, the Stormhaven and Deshaan Undaunted books do nothing, can't read them. Just put it there.

-Sealed Imperial Summons
    Put it next to Abnur Tharn in the north-eastern Grahtwood daily location

Edited by Blue_Radium on June 12, 2019 3:51AM
  • SUPERBEAST225
    Does anyone know the locations of
    Khunzar-ri: Tales, Two
    Mojha is a fool.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojha is a fool.

Mojha is a fool is EXACTLY where lorebooks add-on shows it. It might be a little hard to see, it is tucked in a bend on the northern side of the wall in Sunspire (southern wall west of the fire dragon Yolnahkriin's oil lake).

Khunzar-ri: Tales, Two is on a carpet in a small camp due East of the southern exit from Rimmen just past the aqueduct.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

i believe some are bookshelves in imperial city. its been awhile, but I think there were posts early in this thread with help for these.

I have tried to search the thread, but could not find much on these specific ones.

I am not sure they are in IC, because I've been farming it for weeks, and none of them popped up. Also, Lorebooks add-on lists following locations for them (yes, the formatting is that odd):

v18
    [Bookshelves]
    (a divider line)
    The Rift
    Reaper's March
    Bangkorai
    Tamriel (? -- now this one is funny)

v25
    Craglorn
    [Bookshalves]

v26 -- no comments at all

v27
    Imperial City - Imperial Sewers
    [Bookshelves]

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Elsweyr_Epistles_and_Almanacs also has comments which have not been too helpful:

The Year 2920, Vol. 18 -- Bookshelves in Bangkorai, Reaper's March and The Rift
    The Year 2920, Vol. 25 -- Bookshelves in Craglorn
    Either RNGesus hates me, or it's some specific bookshelves, but it's been about 3 months trying to get these.

The Year 2920, Vol. 26 -- Lambent Passage
    The Year 2920, Vol. 27 -- Irrigation Tunnels
    I have not been able to find these two books in the Sewers sections referenced, and lorebooks does not show them there. Any help with the location will be appreciated.
  • SUPERBEAST225
    I’m on Xbox so no lorebook add on :( Thanks heaps for the locations 🤗
    Mojha is a fool.

Mojha is a fool is EXACTLY where lorebooks add-on shows it. It might be a little hard to see, it is tucked in a bend on the northern side of the wall in Sunspire (southern wall west of the fire dragon Yolnahkriin's oil lake).

Khunzar-ri: Tales, Two is on a carpet in a small camp due East of the southern exit from Rimmen just past the aqueduct.

• Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment is now available on a table in the NW corner of the main hut in Bright-Throat Village.

Thank you :smile:

• Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been able to find these two books in the Sewers sections referenced, and lorebooks does not show them there. Any help with the location will be appreciated.

Forget the sewer sections, I have no idea where this info came from but it's complete BS. I got both of those from farming bookshelves in the sewer bases/IC bookshelves in the districts.

Edit: Anyone have a clue what happened to Worship in Fanacas?
    Edited by Nirntrotter on July 3, 2019 9:08AM
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »

Forget the sewer sections, I have no idea where this info came from but it's complete BS. I got both of those from farming bookshelves in the sewer bases/IC bookshelves in the districts.

Edit: Anyone have a clue what happened to Worship in Fanacas?

Worship in Fanacas is there but sometimes pops below the level of the ground. If you relog very quickly it normally fixes it.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Worship in Fanacas is there but sometimes pops below the level of the ground. If you relog very quickly it normally fixes it.

Wait, really? I need to try this! Thanks.
    Edit: IT WORKED! Now all I got left are the ones that are completely unobtainable, woop woop.
    Edited by Nirntrotter on July 4, 2019 9:12PM
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please confirm or pass word to corresponding devs if they indeed fixed Bright-Throat Riddle Fragment but they DID NOT fix Dead-Water Riddle Fragment?

There was no info in patch notes that Bright-Throat fragment was fixed (but it was since a new book was placed inside a hut in Murkmire) but there are no signs that Dead-Water fragment has been fixed too (the book still can't be found anywhere).

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch notes:

Quests
    Culture Clash: Two books that were present during the quest now have post-quest versions.
    Lost at Sea: The post-quest theater scene will now play properly.

Illumination Academy: Copies of the following books are now visible after completing the Illumination Academy quests:
    The Forest Dark
    The Siege of Ald Marak
    The Truth of Minotaurs

General
    Added copies of the books “Information Request from Emeric” and “Updated Instructions from Dortene” to an area accessible to Aldmeri and Ebonheart players, assuming you're ready to invade the Daggerfall compound.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »

Wait, really? I need to try this! Thanks.
    Edit: IT WORKED! Now all I got left are the ones that are completely unobtainable, woop woop.

Glad it worked for you. Still no idea why it does, but hey, a fix is a fix.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch notes:

Quests
    Culture Clash: Two books that were present during the quest now have post-quest versions.
    Lost at Sea: The post-quest theater scene will now play properly.

Illumination Academy: Copies of the following books are now visible after completing the Illumination Academy quests:
    The Forest Dark
    The Siege of Ald Marak
    The Truth of Minotaurs

General
    Added copies of the books “Information Request from Emeric” and “Updated Instructions from Dortene” to an area accessible to Aldmeri and Ebonheart players, assuming you're ready to invade the Daggerfall compound.

Nothing on the Sealed Imperial Summons. Hoping that makes it into an incremental patch before Scalebreaker.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on the Sealed Imperial Summons. Hoping that makes it into an incremental patch before Scalebreaker.

Yeah. These patch notes are for Scalebreaker, and are a bit in advance. Here's the header from them:

In order to squash the ongoing rumors surrounding certain “leaked” patch notes and what might be real or fake, we’ve decided to publish the real patch notes the Saturday evening before the PTS update for Scalebreaker and Update 23. The responsible party associated with these leaks is no longer a part of our programs or community, and has been introduced to our friends in the Legal department. All associated PTS feedback and bug threads will be published on Monday during maintenance. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
  • PSNptkush
    PSNptkush
    Soul Shriven
    Hello all. I'm down to 11 books remaining. My main concern in this post is a book about which I cannot find another mention online. Here's a breakdown of what I need, most important one listed first:

Letter from Althen: Letters and Missives: Sanguine Barrows/Hoarfrost Downs, Rivenspire
    Attached to "Crimes of the Past" quest, and is currently unavoidable to read it when completing the quest. But, apparently at some point in the past, that wasn't the case and I completed the quest without reading the book. Simply put, this book needs a post-quest location, and I have a suggestion. There is a red text decision at the end of the quest, and I haven't investigated the results of the opposite decision. I chose the option that ends with Althen forever displayed on the stockade to the citizens of Hoarfrost Downs. For players that chose that option, I suggest putting his letter beside him at the stockade as evidence of his misgivings so many years ago. For that matter, for the players that decided to set him free, the letter could still be displayed at the stockade as evidence vs a wanted criminal.

Well Known Issues
    Dead-Water Riddle Fragment
    Sealed Imperial Summons
    Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned)
    Information Request from Emeric
    Updated Instructions from Dortene

The remaining 5 are all from trials that I haven't gotten around to fine tooth combing since I've started focusing on lorebook collection completion a couple months ago. I have researched some details about 4 of them, but if anyone could point me to 1 in particular, it'd save me some time fine tooth combing:
    Unmarked Pages: Plots and Schemes: anyone know where specifically in Sanctum Ophidia?
    Letter to Mylenne: Library of Incunabula: anyone know where specifically in Moon Hunter Keep? - this is on a desk, indoors, soon after the fight with Mylenne
    A Boon for the Tribe: Library of Incunabula: anyone know where specifically in March of Sacrifices? - this is after the first boss by a large standing boulder (see screenshot in the next post -- thanks MreeBiPolar!)

Thanks!
    Edited by PSNptkush on July 16, 2019 8:37PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    PSNptkush wrote: »
    A Boon for the Tribe: Library of Incunabula: anyone know where specifically in March of Sacrifices?
    Thanks!
    rptuota3nebd.png

• Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for “Mages Guild Authorization” in Houses, Shops & Trade, supposedly located in Elden Hollow.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »
    Looking for “Mages Guild Authorization” in Houses, Shops & Trade, supposedly located in Elden Hollow.

Elden Hollow II
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Dark_Claw wrote: »

Elden Hollow II

Really? Well the UESP got that completely wrong, then. I’d been wandering around EH1 for ages.
    Edited by Dark_Claw on July 16, 2019 11:36PM
  • verde_torchbug
    So I found most of the murkmire books, but again I am plagued by not reading the books while they are in my inventory and now I can't locate post quest.

mysteries and clues: Bright-throat riddle fragment and Dead-water riddle fragment

I am not sure this one has been updated........I also had trouble finding this book. Finally, today, I found it in Bright-Throat Village, in a building on a small table.

Still haven't found the one that shows in Dead-Water Village. That's the only one I am missing now.