The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly crashing this weekend. Why do we subscribe to this game?

• wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit disappointing to see the current state of the game :/ I stopped playing about 5 months ago from burnout and just let my sub end, was thinking of getting back into ESO again since I've been having lots of fun with GW2 but I see more complaints about the performance, balance and overall quality of the game now than I did last time I was here.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not had many issues with crashing lately. The lag in PVP is unacceptable though.

I can say through personal experience that this game has better capabilities to deal with bad internet connections than many others. I live in Detroit and have terrible service. I get periodic drops that other game cant handle. When I play Battlefield V I get disconnected about every 30min. Yet ESO is able to get me through it with lag spikes.

If possible I would say try playing through your phone for a bit and see if your experience changes. My cell service is far better than my home connection.

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    DISABLE your ADDONS. you wont believe how much trouble they cause.

pc na and no problems

xbox NA and every problem under the sun
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA and I've seen a hit to performance all around since Elsweyr came. I was sitting in Stros M'kai the other day doing nothing but RPing and my FPS kept tanking down into the single digits. You know the game is suffering when all you're doing is typing in a vanilla base game zone and it's chugging along like you're in a massive Cryo battle.

Speaking of which, as annoying as I'm sure having your siege float off on you was, I couldn't help but lol when it climbed the door and CHIM'd on out of there.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA - I've also seen a significant performance hit since Elsewyr. Not just higher ping than usual, but also the action stopping and then suddenly fast forwarding as the game catches up. The latter happens at times when both fps and ping show normal values. For the most part, I've stopped running hard content. At first, I spent a week redecorating a house and chatting in guild chat, I spent the next week running quests on alts. Last week was a bit better than the previous two. However, the steam sale is on, there are other MMOs, this one is performing poorly, and the devs seem unable to bring it back to pre-elsewyr standards. But, oh, lest I forget... yay dragons... yay necromancers :|
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problems, suddenly locked holding block, then kicked out to the log in screen, then at character load "failed to login, try again in a few minutes"
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you are having the issues. I'm Win10 PC/NA and not having any unusual problems.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do my crafting writs and stand around in the Rosy Lion all day spamming zone chat and never have any problems.
    Don't understand why so many people complain. /sarcasm
    <3
  • Eva13
    Eva13
    ✭✭✭
    coj901 wrote: »
    I dont know yall folk do that never have problems but stop acting like this is a conspiracy. When my whole guild crashes at the same time I dont it's an issue on players end.

Exactly the hampsters get tired of running on their wheels and it causes problems. People white Knight zos and say it's not the game..... The lag has been there for 5 years and seems to constantly get worse. It is what happens when you spend money you earn on other game titles that fail (fallout 76) rather than fixing the game you are making money with. Just think if they had good servers and put out more content the amount of players that would constantly sub/buy crowns to support them. I'm not subbed and it feels great lol.

How could you not buy sub, they need more money to resurrect the cold corpse of commander keen. :D
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I'm PC NA and haven't had the issues the OP has had.
    A bit longer in character loading screen and that'a bout it.

Could be hardware related or location related.
    But not everyone in the game is crashing all the time.

@Juju_beans

So siege isn't flying up keep walls or spinning like it's drunk during PVP? You're not experiencing any disconnects or strangeness while you're in Cyrodiil?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not saying I haven't experienced issues with disconnects and other usual issues because I have. BUT this weekend was very smooth for me. Odd how issues seem to come and go for me.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Not saying I haven't experienced issues with disconnects and other usual issues because I have. BUT this weekend was very smooth for me. Odd how issues seem to come and go for me.

@Kagukan
    Were you PVPing? Were rams moving around on your group?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am having trouble logging in. I sit there, select the character, it loads and loads and loads, then times out and kicks me. Over and over.

I've found that if, during character load, I notice a brief freeze in the spinning icon, that there's a disconnection and it won't finish loading. At that point I just close the game and the launcher, and start all over -- overall doing this saves me more time than waiting to be dumped back to account login.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

@Kagukan
    Were you PVPing? Were rams moving around on your group?

Yes I was in Cyrodiil. Both Saturday and Sunday and during prime time.
    No disconnects, very little lag, no problems with siege. Only issue I had was stuck in combat.
    Again, not saying I have never had problems like this, I have. Just not this weekend.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't sub anymore, haven't for awhile. I'm getting kicked out during the character select screen, I have to hit buttons multiple times in PvP for anything to happen, rams are climbing up keep walls, there's a constant delay in skills and in PVE I have corpses that can't be looted because they're scooting around, trying to tank BC 2 last night was a mess with the lag and freezing and even roaming around less crowded places like Rivenspire I'm still getting load screens.
    On a positive note I only had to hit X twice last night to get through a keep door!! The ram bug is pretty funny too.

They're killing it, literally.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I am having trouble logging in. I sit there, select the character, it loads and loads and loads, then times out and kicks me. Over and over.

I've found that if, during character load, I notice a brief freeze in the spinning icon, that there's a disconnection and it won't finish loading. At that point I just close the game and the launcher, and start all over -- overall doing this saves me more time than waiting to be dumped back to account login.

I've even turned off all addons and still have trouble. My computer is a beast and I never used to have trouble, just this last week I can't connect without trying 4-10 times.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom