The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constantly crashing this weekend. Why do we subscribe to this game?

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is the state of ESO. Constant crashes, bugged siege, horrendous lag in both PVE and PVP.

https://youtu.be/UAmGnE00ikw

Edit: Here's my constructive feedback to players and ZOS (so this post doesn't get removed for being "non constructive"):

Go to MMORPG.COM (since ZOS pulls their "game of the year" info from that site) and leave descriptions of how your current gameplay is. Let prospective buyers know what they're getting into. Then, maybe, ZOS will start paying attention to the state of the game instead of loot boxes and reskinned mounts.

Edited by Savos_Saren on June 30, 2019 2:24PM
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not subscribed and i dont see any reason why i should :)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am having trouble logging in. I sit there, select the character, it loads and loads and loads, then times out and kicks me. Over and over.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting constant crashes the last week. :(
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And right after I just posted this in the forums- I was greeted with more glitches. Yeah... this game is "killin' it" for sure!

https://youtu.be/t2WncdP1Vbo

Bye bye siege. Why would we need it, right?

Edited by Savos_Saren on June 30, 2019 3:09PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a single crash or disconnect the entire week. On the weekend during prime hours load screens tend to be longer, but that's it.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An actual constructive post would also state your platform and region, at the minimum.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop subbing?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    An actual constructive post would also state your platform and region, at the minimum.

It's in signature. Also platform / region doesn't matter, problems are everywhere. And I again see proof that impacted players change each week. For example for me this week ESO runs not so bad, but it was bad last week, and unplayable 2 weeks ago. Obviously I didn't change anything in my PC or internet connection in this 2 weeks.
    My theory is that there are a lot of server boards who process combat etc for players, and some of them (like 10-15%) are overloaded. So if you are on the bad board... it's GG. Strangely enough game/PC restart doesn't fix this, in majority of cases I saw how my performance jumps to bad or not so bad side after maintenance. So probably players are locked to particular boards, which is reset on server restart. And then it's pure RNG if you can do anything then fishing.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

It's in signature. Also platform / region doesn't matter, problems are everywhere. And I again see proof that impacted players change each week. For example for me this week ESO runs not so bad, but it was bad last week, and unplayable 2 weeks ago. Obviously I didn't change anything in my PC or internet connection in this 2 weeks.
    My theory is that there are a lot of server boards who process combat etc for players, and some of them (like 10-15%) are overloaded. So if you are on the bad board... it's GG. Strangely enough game/PC restart doesn't fix this, in majority of cases I saw how my performance jumps to bad or not so bad side after maintenance. So probably players are locked to particular boards, which is reset on server restart. And then it's pure RNG if you can do anything then fishing.

A lot of forum users don't enable signatures, having no desire to extend the page with endless bragging lists of players' characters.

It's certainly helpful for others to see what platform and server players are on when they're reporting problems, as well as other things like where in the world they're playing from, which ISP they're using, and the circumstances/location they're crashing in etc. I also think that more details about the player's connection (wired or wifi, single user or shared with others watching Netflix and running large downloads etc) all help. Much tho' some would like to believe that the only common denominator is ESO/ZOS, the chances are that at least some of the issues some players experience do have other common denominators and establishing those would be useful.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    And right after I just posted this in the forums- I was greeted with more glitches. Yeah... this game is "killin' it" for sure!

This happens alot.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the state of ESO. Constant crashes, bugged siege, horrendous lag in both PVE and PVP.

https://youtu.be/UAmGnE00ikw

Edit: Here's my constructive feedback to players and ZOS (so this post doesn't get removed for being "non constructive"):

Go to MMORPG.COM (since ZOS pulls their "game of the year" info from that site) and leave descriptions of how your current gameplay is. Let prospective buyers know what they're getting into. Then, maybe, ZOS will start paying attention to the state of the game instead of loot boxes and reskinned mounts.

The problem is all the players on screen, plus the other god knows how many in the keep and surrounding area. This game simply cannot handle a large amount of players in a single zone at once without terrible performance issues. And it certainly cant handle a ton of people in a small area, like a keep, without worse issues and crashing.

People can say what they want but 9/10 times this is a game issue. This video is on a PC server, well this has been xbox pvp for years, for everyone. Idk about PC. Its a sad joke. I honestly hate zergs, not because they outnumber me but because of how they destroy game performance. I mean you can take 5 steps towards a keep and your game looks like a picture flip book. You take 5 steps back the other way and its fine.. What does that tell you?

It shouldnt be like this though. People should be able to zerg if they want to, but it shouldnt make it so I cant play. And as more players come to the game it will only get worse. The game cannot handle it, its obvious and has been obvious for years. At least for pvp players. But ill take your advice and go leave a review, I try to spread the word as much as possible tbh. No one should go into this game unaware of the issues and silence of the devs. No one should waste their time thinking they might have found an amazing game only to realize, if you want to play in any type of competitive way, its terrible.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crash here nor log in issues. I sub mainly because I get more crowns then 15 bucks worth plus a bunch of extras.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sub a year at a time just cuz I love me that crafting bag even when I take breaks from the game I still log in every day and do my crafting dailys and log right back off
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭

Stop using the ram, it became a sentient being after the Elsweyr patch. It doesn't matter what server or campaign I play, the ram is usually floating around in the keep.
    This bird is watching you from afar
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm PC NA and haven't had the issues the OP has had.
    A bit longer in character loading screen and that'a bout it.

Could be hardware related or location related.
    But not everyone in the game is crashing all the time.
  • razieltrutheb17_ESO
    razieltrutheb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've experienced only a fps drop. It looks like this game doesn't care about your PC build.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stop using the ram, it became a sentient being after the Elsweyr patch. It doesn't matter what server or campaign I play, the ram is usually floating around in the keep.

Stop using the siege that's specifically designed to siege down a door because ZOS doesn't want to fix the game. Got it.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you sub for the craft bag and double bank space. everything else is gravy.

:#
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When I deffed a keep, this happened to a Covenant ram. It ended up on top of the main gate tower.

I have to admit that I felt sorry for those daggers. Winning by bug is no victory, as losing by bug is no defeat.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Stop subbing?

That is what I have done. I stopped my sub, and I quit playing for a while. If and when I come back, I will sub in most cases.

Thing is about subbing, it that is just the "gravy". It's the Crown Store where ESO get's it's money now. So doesn't really matter abut subs. I guess we should stop buying in the Crown Store.

I don't even log in to get daily rewards. I don't even visit the forums much as I use to. I just came here to see if anything changed, and nope. Same old same old.

So sad. Would have come back and subbed just now. Won't bother until Zenimax shows they actually want to improve the game instead of just the Crown Store. Tired of hearing "we are working on it". or what ever they say. Been over five years, if they can't fix it now, that means they are not really doing anything to make it better.

Time to move on. Maybe the more of us move on something will change. Found some great games I never knew of before and having a good time and spending my ESO money on other companies now.

:)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. Crashing, loading screens randomly, kicked to login screen many times.

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of nonconstructive and offtopic comments. This is a friendly reminder to make sure comments adhere to our forum rules, prior to posting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know yall folk do that never have problems but stop acting like this is a conspiracy. When my whole guild crashes at the same time I dont it's an issue on players end.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Stop subbing?

That is what I have done. I stopped my sub, and I quit playing for a while. If and when I come back, I will sub in most cases.

Thing is about subbing, it that is just the "gravy". It's the Crown Store where ESO get's it's money now. So doesn't really matter abut subs. I guess we should stop buying in the Crown Store.

I don't even log in to get daily rewards. I don't even visit the forums much as I use to. I just came here to see if anything changed, and nope. Same old same old.

So sad. Would have come back and subbed just now. Won't bother until Zenimax shows they actually want to improve the game instead of just the Crown Store. Tired of hearing "we are working on it". or what ever they say. Been over five years, if they can't fix it now, that means they are not really doing anything to make it better.

Time to move on. Maybe the more of us move on something will change. Found some great games I never knew of before and having a good time and spending my ESO money on other companies now.

Same here. Playing other games for half the money that actually manage to listen to players and fix stuff. Eso is becomming a huge joke. Altho sadly the microtansactions seem to be in any new AA rated games...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coj901 wrote: »
    I dont know yall folk do that never have problems but stop acting like this is a conspiracy. When my whole guild crashes at the same time I dont it's an issue on players end.

Exactly the hampsters get tired of running on their wheels and it causes problems. People white Knight zos and say it's not the game..... The lag has been there for 5 years and seems to constantly get worse. It is what happens when you spend money you earn on other game titles that fail (fallout 76) rather than fixing the game you are making money with. Just think if they had good servers and put out more content the amount of players that would constantly sub/buy crowns to support them. I'm not subbed and it feels great lol.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    DISABLE your ADDONS. you wont believe how much trouble they cause.

pc na and no problems
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA here and being a housing enthusiast, I still love much of this game. However, that’s mostly the PvE content. Unfortunately, it’s dreadful in PvP. You’re right, @Savos_Saren, there are just too many issues to count. Part of it is the sad truth that they left so much open on the client side for players to be able to manipulate. Between whatever ZOS is doing, and whatever dishonest players are up to, it’s becoming more and more difficult to justify logging in.

In addition, the “combat bug” and not being able to ride on a mount they sell for thousands of crowns is absurd. If you have to run from keep to keep why even bother owning a mount? You can hardly ever use the Trans shrines either... some classes can have the speed to streak away and go invis (some 100%of the time) to escape mid battle, why not allow all classes the ability to mount mid battle as well? If I can be knocked off my mount, so be it. Otherwise, I should be allowed to mount up and take a chance of becoming dismounted. Being “in combat” has no rationale unless I’m actually in combat. The “slow bug” is just as frustrating and questionable. One has to usually throw themselves to the Slaughter fish, or die by other means just to remove it.

I’ve also noticed for some time, that after fighting certain players and groups, my game becomes more laggy, etc. and it’s not that it’s just during.. it continues well after.

The gate (specifically between Ash and Nik) is yet another interesting element that was added... while not necessarily a “bug”, when it’s destroyed, the Ash side is still passable, when pushing South, yet Nik side is not...I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation I somehow missed, but seems odd.

The ram situation is just the newest fun feature that’s been added. It’s kind of comical at this point.

Either way you look at it, it’s definitely an “Adventure” game. You never know what will happen next; what structure or player will magically disappear... rams just deciding they've had enough and leaving..
    maybe the rams have the right idea...

Edited by Delphinia on July 1, 2019 5:09AM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »
    Stop subbing?

Same here. Playing other games for half the money that actually manage to listen to players and fix stuff. Eso is becomming a huge joke. Altho sadly the microtansactions seem to be in any new AA rated games...

Micro transactions are perfectly fine to have (as long as not pay to win) in a game, as long as they don't let their servers/expansions/dlcs suffer performance problems because you are more worried about that new mount to sell, or the hairstyle people want.

There are huge issues with stability/performance/lacking content each expansion (ff14 launched it's expansion it has 6 huge zones, 5 new dungeons, 2 new classes, 2 new races, raids dropping in 2 weeks all for 40 bucks......... We got 1 trial, half a zone, 1 class, and a story that is beatable in 3-4 hours for 40 bucks........ Very huge difference). But instead of these problems being complained about people on these forums rather talk about when we are getting new hairstyles, or new outfits, or new mounts that we need to pay extra for, I just never get it lol.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    DISABLE your ADDONS. you wont believe how much trouble they cause.

pc na and no problems

@Xerikten

Do you think addons are causing siege to float up into the sky? That's a bug on ZOS's end. Just like when keeps literally had vanishing walls. No addons cause that. It's not on the client side.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Humancentipede2
    Humancentipede2
    ✭✭✭
    Already stoped paying ESO+ since Elsweyer release. But it doesnt matter they will bleed many plaayers when a new half decent MMO is released.