Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid EU PC

• PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    That is if the 20ep actually come out of the keeps instead of sieging us poor 6 people.....

Even vs a single player they start putting up their coldfire and warbowing from the walls
    PC EU
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im one of those ep's that plays at night, and it is rare the day that i dont get insulted for that. I dont play for aps, levels, the campaign or the finish position. I dont mind anything of that. I just want to play, and the truth is that before 00.00 is impossible to play with all the zergs (you all know the names... Lag factories). And thank you all honorable (usually friendly) oponnents at those nights. For me that people is the only reason to keep playing this game
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    Im one of those ep's that plays at night, and it is rare the day that i dont get insulted for that. I dont play for aps, levels, the campaign or the finish position. I dont mind anything of that. I just want to play, and the truth is that before 00.00 is impossible to play with all the zergs (you all know the names... Lag factories). And thank you all honorable (usually friendly) oponnents at those nights. For me that people is the only reason to keep playing this game

Same for us, the nighttime is usually the best time to play.

However most of the EP isnt friendly at all, the amount of ragewhisps, teabags and reports are insane.
    I've had to change 6 character names that weren't even that inappropriate and have been permabanned for abusive gameplay? :neutral: last month.

Luckily they reversed it the next day....
    So some of those reds must be very upset.

I'm also still hoping for some kind of improvement of gameplay that sitting in a keep with siege or just dodging any kind of pvp by going to an empty keep isnt rewarded.

Now if we take a scroll the ep just switch to AD side and pvedoor their scrolls until we log off.
    I've had tauriel and joey whisper me that they just keep us "busy" until they can take scrolls.
    Whatever the point of that would be besides some gold rewards after 30 days lol.

Pvp should be rewarded, not pvedooring.
    Edited by VinayExile on June 23, 2019 3:06AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since AD seems to be losing tha map every morning I've taking residence in Bah

Was a nice 5 years playing with you but time to move on for the sake on my sanity
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    Now if we take a scroll the ep just switch to AD side and pvedoor their scrolls until we log off.
    I've had tauriel and joey whisper me that they just keep us "busy" until they can take scrolls

My friend Joey (shapnel or some like that) would never do that (i think and i Hope XD) in fact i think he doesnt have any character outside ep. And me, well, I only have had an ep templar in 5 years and no more characters lol all in my (completely unorganized XD) guild play just for fun.

Ragers/haters are in all factions yes. For me, are fun kids that for any reason takes a stupid game too serious. I just add then to friend list and send then a flower and a hearth xddd altough there are many that spit 200 whispers and ignore me directly xdddd most of then because they cant kill me and i cant kill them xdddd but well, is true that best players (like you Vinay) are usually sane opponents, I mean is fun to play with them and we know when respect (duels, equitative x vs x, dont attack non attacking guy etc) and whispers are always fun or trolling-friendly xddd dont know, i think we all looking the equitative or challenging fighting (i Talk for myself, some friends think more "if he is Alive, kill him")
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EP faction stack zerg is ruining any semblance of PVP tbh.

If I had the opportunity to play after midnight I probably would, as it sounds like a much more enjoyable experience than being mowed down by 200 talent-less PVDoorers. Alas, I have to wake early so it probably won't happen.

The majority care little for PVP at all, just a faction win by whatever means possible.
    Not helped ofc by EP being pop-locked until 4am.
    I don't see how, but, I guess they are having fun? :D

• LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I try to PvP late at night, basically no matter what you do 7-8 reds will show up and dump their ults on you at the same time. If that's "PvP" for those people then whatever.
    I've literally been chased for half hour by ten angry reds across cyro at 2am. How is that enjoyable for these people
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I try to PvP late at night, basically no matter what you do 7-8 reds will show up and dump their ults on you at the same time. If that's "PvP" for those people then whatever.
    I've literally been chased for half hour by ten angry reds across cyro at 2am. How is that enjoyable for these people

You maybe have trolled too much in alessia Bridge!! Xddd cheers!
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The EP faction stack zerg is ruining any semblance of PVP tbh"

Dc and ad Zergs from 20 to 00h makes the game much more fun.... At least ep is unorganized xddd
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats called prime-time ^^
    You know, when there is opposition lololol

And I wouldn't call stacking 3 guild groups or a faction wide discord unorganised :P
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    I'd agree with EP being mostly unorganized. and that's a pain too for us while killing them! Yesterday a group member of mine had 117 EP hits (on ftc) at aleswell and it took us a lot of time to clear the keep just because they were spread all around and not stacked properly like nice AD! :/
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with EP being mostly unorganized.

Unorganised...
    ...but still winning... :smiling_imp:
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    I'd agree with EP being mostly unorganized.

Unorganised...
    ...but still winning... :smiling_imp:

Well, now talking about why EP winning would be akin to beating a dead horse. And Nightcap-to-win is a fair thing given ZoS hasn't done anything about it for 5 years now.
    But we did delay Ales capture for about 2 hours yesterday when EP kept turning over and over and only managed to take it after we disbanded for the day. So, some room there for boasting rights for us! xD
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at Ales last night and it was an almighty battle. Really enjoyed it. And yeah hats off for holding out for so long.

I love those sorts of fights, where my eyes are bleeding and fingers are numb afterwards. :smiling_imp:
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »
    Yeah, thing is we're not as big a joke as the stacking zergy DC guilds... That is a joke we can all get our teeth into. >:)

OK now your'e just being delusional dear ;) .
    You literally have to faction stack to get anything done at all.
    At least you still have pop-lock when you farm an empty map, safety in numbers ey xD But then you'd know all about that hiding behind your 24man guild group running alongside the rest of the faction stack.

Are you playing some other EU Kaalgrondtiid?
    Stop crying.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil PvP has hit an all time low imo. The meta is worse than ever and with exception of the occasional competitive keep fight or smallscale skirmish, it fluctuates between off-peak PvDoor and ping-busting zerg-fests at primetime.

Makes me sad.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. And no I'm not playing an alternative Kaal or crying :)
    But i'll presume you are part of the midnight EP zerg of an empty map and leave you to your 'victory'.
    Congrats on killing PVP earlier than it ever used to end - I'm sure a few extra crappy jewellery pieces are worth it.
    Edited by dtsharples on July 1, 2019 12:30AM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But i'll presume you are part of the midnight EP zerg of an empty map and leave you to your 'victory'.
    Congrats on killing PVP earlier than it ever used to end - I'm sure a few extra crappy jewellery pieces are worth it.

So the question is why the other factions log off between 23:00 and 1:00? DC tries to zerg down the map from 19:00 onwards - the usual few good men to take bleakers (~52) - lagging the server like there is no tomorrow. They mostly fail but sometimes manage to lag to emp and get the morning capped EP scrolls from AD.

Then all of a sudden these lfg groups disband and the random EP that gathered to defend Chalman from the blue hordes push to the scrolls. And these guys are usually completely unorganized.

With Hungry Wolves and Daggerfail Authority you have two unorganized zerg guilds running 24 men lfg groups during prime time. Then there is Daggerfall Bandits who try to run some kind of zerg surfing ballgroup.

Pact has Noxious who primarily farm AP at Brindle or Nickels during prime time. Then there is Wabbajack who do a mix of zerg surfing and ball groupish keep attacks. Joining Forces and some associated pugs create the lfg zerg who have groups running till after midnight. But usually Pact doesn't even have an lfg group running at all judging from the desperate zone chat lfg spammers.

Everything else are basically smallscalers or solo players trying to find something to do on the map.

So the best bet for DC would be to either not take the EP scrolls from AD at prime time or actually be able to defend them after midnight, which is only 3 hours later. Judging by the quality of the average EP player that should not be an issue.

But of course, if you have these huge zergs going during prime time, the mass of pugs will only play there and then, getting used to taking keeps with 35 - 50 people. No zerg no fun.

At the moment I only see Vinays group and DC smallscalers like IllusiveMan, Tanja die Böse or Bubosh fight outnumbered. And only Vinays group plays for objectives/the map.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

So the question is why the other factions log off between 23:00 and 1:00? DC tries to zerg down the map from 19:00 onwards - the usual few good men to take bleakers (~52) - lagging the server like there is no tomorrow. They mostly fail but sometimes manage to lag to emp and get the morning capped EP scrolls from AD.

Then all of a sudden these lfg groups disband and the random EP that gathered to defend Chalman from the blue hordes push to the scrolls. And these guys are usually completely unorganized.

With Hungry Wolves and Daggerfail Authority you have two unorganized zerg guilds running 24 men lfg groups during prime time. Then there is Daggerfall Bandits who try to run some kind of zerg surfing ballgroup.

Pact has Noxious who primarily farm AP at Brindle or Nickels during prime time. Then there is Wabbajack who do a mix of zerg surfing and ball groupish keep attacks. Joining Forces and some associated pugs create the lfg zerg who have groups running till after midnight. But usually Pact doesn't even have an lfg group running at all judging from the desperate zone chat lfg spammers.

Everything else are basically smallscalers or solo players trying to find something to do on the map.

So the best bet for DC would be to either not take the EP scrolls from AD at prime time or actually be able to defend them after midnight, which is only 3 hours later. Judging by the quality of the average EP player that should not be an issue.

But of course, if you have these huge zergs going during prime time, the mass of pugs will only play there and then, getting used to taking keeps with 35 - 50 people. No zerg no fun.

At the moment I only see Vinays group and DC smallscalers like IllusiveMan, Tanja die Böse or Bubosh fight outnumbered. And only Vinays group plays for objectives/the map.

I'll correct you there. Hungry Wolves do not run an unorganized lfg Zerg group during prime time. We sometimes do hit a full raid number but we can't really be running 12 player groups just to please the opposition. And having lead 11-16 player HW groups and fought (and won) against the EP guilds you mention, I can assure you we are not a Zerg guild.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Playing for score in 2k19, get old pls.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll correct you there. Hungry Wolves do not run an unorganized lfg Zerg group during prime time. We sometimes do hit a full raid number but we can't really be running 12 player groups just to please the opposition. And having lead 11-16 player HW groups and fought (and won) against the EP guilds you mention, I can assure you we are not a Zerg guild.

Well, I usually only see your tabards among the prime time flood and have not encountered you anywhere deep inside enemy territory for ages. HW basically always have pugs around and lead pushes on sieges and/or on enemy keeps. Which is fine but borderline zerging imho.

Especially as you guys tend to "clean" the area by zerging soloers or duos with your full raid group :wink:

Edit: But having compared you to TDA is insulting, I'll take that back. Sorry.
    Edited by Berenhir on July 1, 2019 8:28AM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir thanks for a good laugh!
    Edited by LarsS on July 1, 2019 8:30AM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭

Well, I usually only see your tabards among the prime time flood and have not encountered you anywhere deep inside enemy territory for ages. HW basically always have pugs around and lead pushes on sieges and/or on enemy keeps. Which is fine but borderline zerging imho.

Especially as you guys tend to "clean" the area by zerging soloers or duos with your full raid group :wink:

Would you rather have us leave the the one or two alive so that they can rezz others and then we sit there whole day what you call as unorganized pugs? You clean up a keep and move on to other objectives.

And about not going deep inside enemy territory, we don't sit and farm pugs. We do play for the map for that 2 hours time the group is up 3 days a week.

Also, thanks for putting us together with TDA. They are very good at what they do. They collect people who would by themselves have not much idea about pvp or where to go and defend our objectives with a quite high success rate. Given how EP and AD hate them, I'm quite sure TDA are doing the right things for DC faction
  • psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    lol TDA is such a meme its insane...
    They are like the same lvl as Prootchs old DC warband but without the constant sneaking of the leader.
    Its no shame though, every faction has their own hero goup...
    Take this edgy Meridias Vanguard (?) guild on AD ...almost the same as TDA :D
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    psypanda wrote: »
    lol TDA is such a meme its insane...
    They are like the same lvl as Prootchs old DC warband but without the constant sneaking of the leader.
    Its no shame though, every faction has their own hero goup...
    Take this edgy Meridias Vanguard (?) guild on AD ...almost the same as TDA :D

Tbh atleast prootchs groups had some unique tactics.

12 beams popping out of nowhere on an open field was a glorious way to die.
    Edited by Master_Kas on July 1, 2019 10:07AM
    EU | PC
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoreToo wrote: »

It sure does, when it's ruined by faction stack heroes like Berenhir
    I don't care for the score - when one faction is running full groups across an empty map the 'score' is null & void.
    My issue is that said faction stack are destroying any semblance of PVP for everyone, including them selves.
    But after chatting with a few EP this week, it genuinely seems that the majority of them are happy with this scenario.
    The common reply from EP was along the lines of:

"Go do Battle Grounds if you want PVP, we are playing for objectives" (Read: Empty undefended Keeps)
    "What else is this game mode for? Other than to play the map"
    "So your'e mad that in a game revolving around taking keeps that we are taking keeps"
    I'm not mad that your'e taking keeps or playing for the map - but here's an idea, how about you do it whilst there is some opposition? Instead of turtling up behind your castle walls all evening until midnight? Have some self-respect.

EP are that bad that last night at 2am! 2am they were afraid that the scroll they took from an empty Warden might be caught on its run home.
    This is all whilst EP had 3 bars and 2 lfg groups running, and both AD & DC were on 1 bar XD
    That shows you the general calibre of EP players, no wonder it attracts faction stack heroes :)
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoreToo wrote: »

It sure does, when it's ruined by faction stack heroes like Berenhir

:smiley: what?

What's your account name?
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you rather have us leave the the one or two alive so that they can rezz others and then we sit there whole day what you call as unorganized pugs? You clean up a keep and move on to other objectives.

And about not going deep inside enemy territory, we don't sit and farm pugs. We do play for the map for that 2 hours time the group is up 3 days a week.

Also, thanks for putting us together with TDA. They are very good at what they do. They collect people who would by themselves have not much idea about pvp or where to go and defend our objectives with a quite high success rate. Given how EP and AD hate them, I'm quite sure TDA are doing the right things for DC faction

Thanks eclipse for the kind words, just a correction. We dont collect randoms. TDA have quite a number of experienced players, but also accepts newbees which we train to good pvp players. The biggest difference between us and a hardcore group is that we allow people to come and go during an evening, they have real lifes after all.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    "not stacked properly like nice AD"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGo9QeNvNQc

Lollll
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    newbees which we train to good pvp players.

No want to ofend, but... Why they run without looking behind when alone then? I only met a TDA nightblade that likes 1vs1 and 1vsX, and maybe 2 or 3 more from HW that likes too. But the rest??? Man, are explosives or runners XDDD (and Im a very bad player XDD). Bubosh, papachico, cecile... should teach them and sure we would have much fun, no lag, and you could say that thing of good PvP players,... At least fun and honorable opponents... but showing them how to spam things on a ball (just look your videos... pressing the same skill over and over without resources, with pots...) only produces bad players (which are boring to fight against) and lag (wich doesnt let play anybody and make combat unfair for everybody). As I said before, please no ofense. Is a great labor what you do, Lars, introducing people to pvp, but I think is not a good way, not for them and not for the rest o people playing the server. Meanwhile...we will have to play out of your hours. Good night!