The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is your Midyear Laghem experience so far?

The_Camper
The_Camper
✭✭✭✭✭
Logged in to cyrodil after a queue of 120, played about 15 minutes. keep getting 500-800 ping spikes every time im in the vicinity of more than 10 enemy players. Went to 2 keep sieges, froze and timed out as soon as i entered the keep range. relogged into another char, played solo for a few mins without much issues, gets lagged out as soon as I enter a large keep siege. 10/10 would play again.
Edited by The_Camper on July 26, 2018 7:08PM

How is your Midyear Laghem experience so far? 432 votes

huge lag spikes, unplayable
13%
rfennell_ESOarasysb14_ESOKlemenziusb16_ESOmakrethXylthaxJerdehjuha.smedsneb18_ESOAlex_Lexseblatourneb18_ESObottleofsyrupstreetmagicThe_AurorDDukerootimusMojomonkeymanHvzedaMayraelHowlKimchiBlack_FlameApherius 57 votes
getting disconnected once every 10 minutes as soon as i go near a large fight
6%
ninibiniUlostarlizard70ub17_ESOAdernathmitebaefsterbarshemmMyNameIsEliaskyle.wilsonfgoron2000WolfkeksCarbonisedgp1680EnslavedvyrzedenElwendryllMiswarWaltherCarrawayFakeFoxterrannova 28 votes
10 FPS master race.
8%
Madyjcasini222ub17_ESOIdinuseDrahnForztrTBoisjtiderevonineBrrrofskiOmgwtfbbq321GrimsethArchMikemSandman929TheCaptainJoshred_emuessi2StrawberryKitsuneYubariusAshdroidMarcoPolo184 36 votes
All of the above. why do you think Im in forums instead of playing right now?
17%
Gilvothvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514AltercatorKilandrosAurielleNikolasAshanneDemilSheezabeastbg22jevans1342nub18_ESOTavore1138BlobskyTroneonlonewolf26SkoomahLinaleahAndyMacValagash 74 votes
No lag issues here. great experience so far
30%
Donnasnowheart_ESODeadlyRecluseashenehb14_ESOotis67SigtricOsteosWhiteCoatSyndromeSvenjaTaonnorIruil_ESOixiefreespiritAlienSlofSkayaqstojekarcub18_ESODenniMyuuDukeDucJoanOfOrcbellatrixedTerraDewBerry 133 votes
Obligatory "other" option
24%
bill_ESO2SolarikenCaligamy_ESOkadarAcrolasBigBraggwenchmore420b14_ESOMahabahabthaGythralleetacakesb16_ESOMaster_FluffDTStormfoxpdebie64b16_ESONebthet78AgallochguulSilverWFMattock_RomulusLoralai_907Korah_Eaglecry 104 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have issues with long queue times, everything except this works fine.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lag all morning.

got kicked within five minutes this afternoon, after waiting in queue ofc, and can't get back in.

keeps telling me to make sure i have a valid internet connection. -.-

and we've only just begun!

smh.

eta: getting old, already. every time there's a real action, i manage to get there, then everything freezes and i'm kicked offline and told i need to verify my internet connection.

this probably isn't the best way to showcase pvp for new players. :neutral:

Edited by Lylith on July 26, 2018 7:34PM
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 disconnects for me and on console that is pretty much par for the course anyway, seems to be running a lot smoother than last years event as i recall..
    Edited by supaskrub on July 26, 2018 7:26PM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    got disconnected in 2 battlegrounds in a row after fighting for most of the 15 minute periods, and then of course i get a 20 minute penalty when i got back in...
  • ArchonLucien
    ArchonLucien
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like wherever i go, be it BG or Cyro, all my enemies are shield-stacking sorcs, perma-cloaking ganker NB`s, Sload using fetchers and of course dont forget the zergbads combining all of the above.

Great fun.
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    Took about 30 mins to get into vivec but had a stable 2-3 hours in there.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 FPS master race.
    So far decent but those big fights, Dragonclaw earlier today (PC NA) solid 12 fps, made it drop to 7 on a push lol.

Note in pve/dungeons/away from the massive battle setting I usually sit at 60-70 fps.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My home campain has a queue over 200 now so abit forced to play somewere else, but no lag issues or disconnects so far.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Long queues & a few random loading screens (but less than my last visit to hell)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't happening for me. The computer died yesterday and the new one won't be delivered until Aug 8th, two days after the event is over.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, better than it was Day 1 of Midyear Mayhem last year. I'm glad ZOS was quicker in the draw with extra campaigns.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I had around 3 hours of good fun before the disconnects started. It was a good day for me.
    PS5 EU.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't logged on yet, so its been great!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re having performance issues, try playing in a different campaign. The two new ones have a lower pop and probably less issues.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 FPS master race.
    At this point I may remove all single target skills from my bar and solely run AOEs.

I need to get my DK to tier reward 3 tomorrow, can't wait to try and land some dizzying swings :(
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty horrible. I got booted from the server more times than I could count in the first hour, and then spent most of the second hour stuck in the queue because I stupidly decided to try to kill a delve boss and got blue-screened. I had to get ready for work anyway, so I just gave up when I got booted from the server for the umpteenth time five minutes after I got through the queue (which took 45 mine to get through). 1 year old PS4 with a hard wired fibre op connection...

But hey, at least we’re not freezing.

Edited by Aurielle on July 26, 2018 9:00PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage and Sload's ruining every decent fight.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is a "Nerf Sorc" thread in disguise. :D
    Edited by The_Camper on July 26, 2018 9:03PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like wherever i go, be it BG or Cyro, all my enemies are shield-stacking sorcs, perma-cloaking ganker NB`s, Sload using fetchers and of course dont forget the zergbads combining all of the above.

Great fun.

Yep....sorcs, nightblades, and sloads everywhere.
    The zergs should be expected in this event though. Midyear Mayhem isn't 1vX friendly. ....never has been so.

As far as the poll goes, got disconnected (ps4 blue screen) three times in one of the newer, less populated campaigns, so taking a dinner break. Hoping I can get at least a full, uninterrupted hour in at some point.
    Edited by Kel on July 26, 2018 9:08PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waits hour in queue. Sees first enemy... crashes.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    If you’re having performance issues, try playing in a different campaign. The two new ones have a lower pop and probably less issues.

Yeah, no. My PVP guild is based in Vivec, and AD is five days away from winning the campaign. I’m not going to move over to a new campaign until the current campaign is over. I really wish that campaigns could be locked in some way during the event (e.g., if you have not logged into Vivec at all during the current campaign, you can’t log into Vivec until the campaign is over). Why should I have my usual PVP experience ruined because people who have never PVPed before decided to hop onto the most populated campaign to buy “PVP carries”?

Yes, there are actually people in /zone looking for “PVP carries.”
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    huge lag spikes, unplayable
    queue..queue..queue etc etc
    start
    play
    lag...lag...lag....
    die......
    res....
    return
  • oneangrygnome
    oneangrygnome
    Soul Shriven
    Crash out, three attempts to log back on end with "failure to connect to server" after selecting my character. I'd kill to have 12 fps in these massive zerg battles. But that doesn't happen.

Make that 4 now in the time it took my to type that. When will some $$ be diverted to server improvements? Cause this is getting ridiculous.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After about 20 disconnects today, I got another disconnect about an hour ago, been trying to get back on the server ever since, always timeout and then back to login screen. Now I'm sitting at an Error 307 booted from server every time I try and login.

This is rich, great fun!
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude i have no words.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Saffara
    Saffara
    Soul Shriven
    90-minute queue to get in Vivec

Spontaneous loading screens that briefly open up for 1.5 secs to see my toon being knocked into the middle of next week before endless loading and back to Craglorn and another 90-minute queue

A waste of my valuable time but a good opportunity to take a pvp holiday until those pve wonks go back to chasing goblins
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Logged on to be 511th in the queue for the Vivec campaign (everyone i know plays there) logged back off. Will try again tomorrow.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS employees on their personal accounts voting for option 5 xD
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 FPS master race.
    Im gonna have to play in the dead hours of the night to even have a chance at completing these achievements.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the, "Can't access it yet." option. My experience so far has been grinding the irritating psijic line