Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elseweyr update causing MASSIVE FPS drops!!???

• fletchunit
    fletchunit
    ✭✭
    You are not alone, since Elsweyr lag is everywhere the game jerks , audio is delayed or non existent, everything is extremely delayed , cant bar swap abilities dont work, invisible enemies.. to name just a few problems..
    Dungeons are an absolute no go ! You can get away with easier dungeons even if it visually still a big mess ,only because they are easy and it doesn’t matter if you mis a mechanic for example.
    But its a real shame Me and my friends have had to put a halt on doing the harder dlc dungeons until its sorted out.
    If i dont notice an increase in game performance after mid week maintenance i have decided i will be unsubscribing from eso plus and probably stop playing altogether. Really is so unenjoyable at the moment.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fletchunit wrote: »
    You are not alone, since Elsweyr lag is everywhere the game jerks , audio is delayed or non existent, everything is extremely delayed , cant bar swap abilities dont work, invisible enemies.. to name just a few problems..
    Dungeons are an absolute no go ! You can get away with easier dungeons even if it visually still a big mess ,only because they are easy and it doesn’t matter if you mis a mechanic for example.
    But its a real shame Me and my friends have had to put a halt on doing the harder dlc dungeons until its sorted out.
    If i dont notice an increase in game performance after mid week maintenance i have decided i will be unsubscribing from eso plus and probably stop playing altogether. Really is so unenjoyable at the moment.

same here, we were running vet dungeons to get all the skins on HM etc... we'd done vMHK on hard mode a couple of weeks ago, grouped to do the 0 death - and it was impossible. we were getting 1 - banged by add's that we couldnt even see in the same room. we've given up until this mess is fixed.

• Godliker13
    Godliker13
    Soul Shriven
    Im getting the same thing. Never had a problem before, but since the update I’m getting lag and constant frame drops. Sent a ticket and just got the traditional turn it on and off list of try theses things lol.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There are some standard troubleshooting steps in the link below that can help with frame rate issues while playing.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?

If the issues continue, you can open a ticket with customer support to report this issue.

You know very well this isn't "our" fault, the problem is on your side. Your game, your servers. We can "troubleshoot" indefinitely, and there will be no or minimal improvements. You see and hear hundreds or even thousands of people complaining about game performance, I find it really weird people are really buying this "do this, it's a fix" nonsense.

I'm not one of those hostiles, I like the game, and hope you can improve things, but please spare us this "Try drinking water while holding your breath" superstition. The problem is serverside/coding, not ours.
  • OGNZ3
    OGNZ3
    ✭✭✭
    Drop a fix for FPS : game is quiete unplayable since Elsweyr release.

Look at all trials leaderboards (except vSS that is the only one who fps is acceptable) : there are all quiete empty.
    Try to make a 4men dungeon : drop FPS are insane into it, there are even worst playing than trials.
    Xbox One - EU
    Nephilims PvE Guild
    AR 50

PC - EU
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    I can't play anymore, its messing with my eyes and making me feel sick. Its like a slideshow.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    Im getting aweful performance too on Xbox One X. It was ok patch day but went back to how it was within a day orso. Seems worse when you come out of a wayshrine. Feels like the FPS is in single figures for 10-20 seconds after spawning at the wayshrine. Today is the worse it has been so far. I was getting massive packet loss. Id interact with a quest objective and freeze for 5-6 then id see the objective destroyed and 3 enemy beating me to death!
  • Endlicht
    Endlicht
    I really didn't know that I was playing "Eve Online" with 3000 players dressed as magicians and warriors...
    Edited by Endlicht on June 25, 2019 10:05AM
  • tigerborn62
    tigerborn62
    ✭✭✭
    Unplayable for me. Will quit soon. I cannot take it any longer. :(
  • Growlspirit
    Growlspirit
    ✭✭
    I have a great internet connection and never had lag like this before. This game is unplayable. My sound freezes, invisible enemies are hitting me, and my fps is a slide show.

I did all the usual troubleshooting steps and it did absolutely nothing to improve this. Been playing since March 2018 and now, all the sudden, this horrible lag. Really doubt it is on my end. Please fix this before frustration drives the player base to another game.
  • DarkSajuuk
    DarkSajuuk
    ✭✭
    I know I'm getting to the point of just giving up with this game and I've been playing ever since it first released on XB1. I mean with all the problems, including the FPS drops, the sound issues, invisible enemies, freezing load screens and so on kind of wears out a dedicated player after a while.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    It’s super frustrating that Zenimax Online don’t even acknowledge the issue or let us know it’s atleast being worked on.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazzaw wrote: »
    It’s super frustrating that Zenimax Online don’t even acknowledge the issue or let us know it’s atleast being worked on.

That’s presumably because they don’t test or even play their own game on console post change go live

The fact is the problem is very real, it is not local and not perceived. It is affecting all versions including xb1x and the silence tells it all.

• Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    I play on xbox one s and xbox one x and the performance is actually worse on x
  • Godliker13
    Godliker13
    Soul Shriven
    Well, ive just about had it. I canceled my ESO Plus for now.
  • Brandon32b
    Brandon32b
    Soul Shriven
    I've not had too terrible of lag though I have a great connection but the frame drops are rediculous I'm talking I freeze between frames sometimes. It can happen anywhere especially cyrodiil. Have 2 Xbox one x's same results one set 4k hdr10 other is on my gaming monitor at 1440p. I did reinstall the game and it ran smooth as butter until I got on the next day.
    Edited by Brandon32b on July 2, 2019 12:24AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They bloodroot forge on vet. Holy hell the fps is unplayable.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol its an absolute joke. I wish I could remember the person who suggested I post in technical support, would love to show them how it went.

This issue is so bad right now and whats worse is that if you come on the forums you cannot find any information that zos is even aware of it. Now why would that be? Why would someone like @ZOS_BillE who tries to be as helpful as possible, not at least comment and say we are aware of it? Probably because they are told not to acknowledge it. All this talk of better communication and we never see it.
    Endlicht wrote: »

This issue is particularly disturbing because it has pretty much made a few of my characters useless in elswyer. This issue happens everywhere but only happens on certain characters. Like my main stam sorc is busted but my necromancer is fine. Issues like this should be priority number one but NOPE its the crown store and pushing out updates.
  • PardusMelas
    PardusMelas
    ✭✭
    Game is really unplayable because of fps drops. Solo play is ok but group play is damn difficult
    Edited by PardusMelas on July 18, 2019 9:33PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favor and walk away from eso....
    You will feel better I promise 😉
  • Endlicht
    Endlicht
    1. ticket answer:
    delete cloud savings... already done 2 days after elsweyr...thanks to FAQs

2. ticket answer:
    NAT open...
    powering box on / off...
    opening all ports...

already done 2 days after elsweyr...thanks to FAQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3dRglYWII

Edited by Endlicht on July 19, 2019 11:51AM
  • Endlicht
    Endlicht
    help :(
    Edited by Endlicht on July 19, 2019 7:13PM
  • Endlicht
    Endlicht
    Eso profile deleted in cloud
    Xbox set to factory default and all games and apps deleted
    xbox settings not from cloud
    adopted
    eso only installed
    No improvement
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried the suggestions but still the same. Once I captured this: -

The merchant is so funny :D
    https://youtu.be/T2_VUoLJj_4

G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    I just want them to come out and say we know it’s a complete crap show on Xbox NA, we’re sorry but have no clue what to do.

Tried playing for about an hour before giving up. Did a random dungeon everything was out of sync. One poor guy was randomly porting from spot to spot.
  • Endlicht
    Endlicht
    I am playing anthem now
    no lagspikes, smooth gameplay, no stuttering...
    ok, sometimes it crashes... but well...
    they wanna tell me it's my internet connection causing eso on Xbox one x the problems
    p. s. Eso on my ps4 pro does not stutter...
    my internet connection... lmaa
    Edited by Endlicht on August 9, 2019 11:51AM
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    ESO has been a lag and slideshow frenzy since Elyswer. It was pretty bad before that too, but it's even worse now. This game needs drastic optimization because it performs terribly on consoles.

Look at the following posts.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489772/anyone-else-quitting-eso-enough-of-the-lag-any-recommendations-of-where-to-go#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489424/anyone-else-getting-terrible-performance-fps-drops#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/481087/one-last-shot-at-a-fix-for-xbox-one#latest

Those are just a portion of the many MANY posts on this same exact topic on the XBOX Technical Support forums. The issue is widespread but they don't seem to acknowledge it.
  • HoustonHeart
    I have also noticed issues in frame rate in certain areas as well.

I am one of the people who allow the xbox to go into sleep, often leaving ESO running.

When ever I restart the console the issue seems to resolve.

May be worth trying to force close ESO in home once you log out and seeing if that helps.

Other family and friends had similar issues and it seemed more so when we would install other games between patches. or delete one of two.

They told me reinstall fixed it but they also close ESO each time.