Maintenance for the week of November 18:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 18,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – November 20,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

ZOS, what have you done with textures on furniture items?!

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I already made a post regarding the Elsweyr furniture items and their blurry, low-res look. But I was certain some other items had been downscaled and now look significantly more terrible than they used to. This idea was making me nuts, and I finally went and did some comparing of the pre-Elsweyr and post-Elsweyr appearance, and just look!

This is the Silver Kettle, Masterwork as it used to look - do notice the engravings on the side of the kettle:
Silver-Kettle-Masterworked.jpg

This is how the kettle looks right now in game:
B9FBI10.jpg

Look at the engravings, so blurry and notably worse looking than before.
And again, this is the kettle in game:
iYGBoCo.jpg

Significantly worse than before! And also nothe the Hlaalu Table, Formal Floral that the kettle is sitting on, notice how the floral patterns in the corners of the table look all pixelated and washed out, and then compare to this look of the same table, before Elsweyr:
Hlaalu-Table-Formal-Floral-2.jpg

Now you can clearly see the floral patterns, and no pixelations.

ZOS, you done fricked up this time. I don't know what you did, but you changed the appearance of several items so they now look significantly worse than before. This needs a fix!
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this while wondering around yesterday. Was also disappointed, as I would love a nice elegant tea kettle.
    Cadwell, I seem to have run out of forks to give.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side not I kind of find the design of the spices in Elsweyr odd. They look alike a mound of drugs,and Saffron isn't even a powder it's threads.
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a mound of drugs? Lmao only in Scarface land.

Correct about the saffron being little threads tho. Also a big pile like that would be like 100k in saffron with 100 bucks worth just blowing away any time there was a slight breeze.

Maybe saffron = coke? I'm picturing a khajiit saffron kingpin with their face half covered in saffron dust waving a Malestrom staff around and yelling "Say hello to my little friend!"
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty upsetting, especially since the Elsweyr furniture is some of the most beautifully detailed yet. I really hope it gets fixed, along with many of the glitched furnishing patterns that don't show up after you've learned them.

It's truly a shame, because seeing these on the PTS blew me away and was part of what had me so excited for this expansion, but to see the resolution getting knocked down is so disappointing. I hope it's just a mistake!
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    On a side not I kind of find the design of the spices in Elsweyr odd. They look alike a mound of drugs,and Saffron isn't even a powder it's threads.

Saffron also comes as a powder....I always have both in my spice cupboard, according to what I want to use it for. You do have to buy it from a reputable source though, as powdered saffron is easy to adulterate with other less expensive spices such as turmeric.

Also, having just checked the ESO spice displays, spices in markets and bazaars in the Middle East, North Africa and many other countries are on stalls in conical piles....and they look wonderful. ZOS haven't quite got it right, but at least they are not in bottles!

Would you not agree that the saffron would look better in game as threads though
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

Saffron also comes as a powder....I always have both in my spice cupboard, according to what I want to use it for. You do have to buy it from a reputable source though, as powdered saffron is easy to adulterate with other less expensive spices such as turmeric.

Also, having just checked the ESO spice displays, spices in markets and bazaars in the Middle East, North Africa and many other countries are on stalls in conical piles....and they look wonderful. ZOS haven't quite got it right, but at least they are not in bottles!

Would you not agree that the saffron would look better in game as threads though

Providing ZOS manged to get the texture right ;)

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hm looks like the textures have been downsized either by mistake or the meshes are bugging out.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Hi Carbonised. It is a bit suspicious this has happened around same time Server performance drops off a cliff so going to assume they are related as you fear.

Yeah I really hope this is an oversight or a glitch, but it does strike me as something they might have done without even mentioning it, in order to save server power, in which case it would be a huge F in the face of people who invested heavily in the housing scene.

Considering this could be bad for sales.I see them fixing this.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    could this be in an effort to increase performance?
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely notice some textures including kettle are terrible with last patch. Kettle looks so underwhelming now :-((((
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo any update on this? elsweyr furnishing are horrorible low res and some went into low res.Please fix this as soon as possible
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys play on max on all settings? I can't and I have wondered if they "moved" some of the higher res textures that I used to be able to see into a higher video setting category. I know from Elsweyr pts i saw screenshots of some of the furniture WITH the nice details but mine were blurry...
    "When the enemies begged for the mercy they lacked,
    Three voices as one shouted "Blood for the Pact"

-excerpt from "Three Hearts as One" by Malukah
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening on Xbox as well. Noticed yesterday that the textures on furnishings are a lot lower res than they used to be!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just furniture. The belt on the Wedding Suit costume is now a blurry low rez mess.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso