Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No emails being sent in order for me to confirm my account

redspecter23
redspecter23
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently purchased a new computer and am setting up ESO.

I installed the game and now I'm trying to log in.

As usual on a new device, the login will pause and an access code will be mailed to my associated email address.

No code is being sent. Due to this, I can't access the game. I also can't change my email address associated with the account for the same reason.

I can still access my account using this email so I can confirm that it is correct.

How do I proceed? I can't log into the game without the access code and I can't find the code in my email. I emptied all folders earlier. My email is completely empty. I would definitely see an email when it comes in but none are coming. I sent an email to support, but if the problem is that I can't receive mail from support, I can't respond to the ticket as I won't see the ZOS response in my inbox either.

Reference #190616-008323
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Is there any way you can assist me here? Going on 2 days now and I can't receive any emails from ZOS. I can't tell if my ticket has even been looked at. Is there any way I can have assistance go through my mailbox here on the forums? I can get email from friends, myself, microsoft support and any others that I've tried. ZOS mail just seems to be getting lost or stuck somewhere and I can't log in to the game until I can get this resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had my wife try logging in her account and the automatic ZOS mail went to her gmail immediately and the login proceeded as normal on this new machine, yet my hotmail address won't receive ZOS mails. I checked to make sure and no addresses are blocked. No extra rules are enabled on email. As early as about 5 days ago, I was receiving ZOS mails just fine. When replacing a hard drive last week, I went through this procedure and all was well. As of yesterday, no emails from ZOS are getting in.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 17, 2019 12:57PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @redspecter23

Please check your inbox for further information regarding your issues with the access code.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, also this is not a new device all that's changed was that my system was patched, my email is fine everything else is fine.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have no response from ZOS, but I was told to give it up to 48 hours. They are apparently emailing me the solution to my problem at the email that I can't receive their emails from. I hope there is a plan B if that doesn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that ZOS got themselves on a blacklist and their mails are being stopped somewhere along the line. Sounds great in theory to keep spam down, but in situations like this, it is essentially locking me out of the game until such time as I am able to receive emails from them.

I wish I knew more @Druachan and when my issue is resolved I'll post back here.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the message, i have noticed I haven't seen any emails for a few days, and my ESO plus has expired, hence why I was logging into the site.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Druachan

Have you opened a ticket for assistance with your account?

If so, what is the ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Druachan

Have you opened a ticket for assistance with your account?

If so, what is the ticket number?

I did, I did try to message you, not sure if you go it
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm approaching 48 hours since my last email was able to be received from ZOS. All attempts since then have been unable to be received. I still can't receive an access code as something is blocking all emails from ZOS to my email inbox. I'm monitoring all incoming email to ensure I don't miss anything and I'm checking all folders, including spam folders.

As of tomorrow morning, it will be 48 hours since my last correspondence with ZOS here on the forums (which is currently my only way of communicating with them to help get the issue resolved). I'll check back in at that point. I don't know if customer service has even tried to contact me as nothing from ZOS can be received in email form at the moment.

It is frustrating being locked out because I can't receive an email. I can't change my email because I can't receive email. I'm basically stuck in a loop, unable to change anything or log in and I have no clue why these emails started being blocked after 3:30pm Sunday.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem for me, I'm not trying to change anything all I wanted was to renew eso plus and I get a access code warning, its very annoying
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druachan wrote: »
    Same problem for me, I'm not trying to change anything all I wanted was to renew eso plus and I get a access code warning, its very annoying

My problem is similar. I was able to log to my account settings and from there was able to start my game download. That was at about 3:30pm Sunday afternoon. New computer so I attempted to access my account page from the launcher and got the access code message. I went to my email and that code was there waiting for me. I got into my account screen and started the game download. 3.5 hours later once the download was complete, I tried to log into the game and got the access code request window upon game login. This is the point where I noticed that no emails were being received. No matter how many times I try to log in, no access code mail is being sent to my email. I know the email information is correct as I can access my account screen and see it from there and it was also confirmed by ZOS in private communication here on the forums.

I logged into an alt account on my new computer (with gmail as the associated email) and the code arrived immediately. The game itself plays fine... assuming I can get in. I'm just locked out of my main account, hopefully temporarily.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 18, 2019 8:52PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 3 days now with no access to my game on this computer due to not being able to receive emails from ZOS. I've contacted @ZOS_BillE again in the hopes that something can be done. I have no lines of communication with ZOS outside of these forums currently.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @redspecter23 and @Druachan

I've sent each of you further updates on your current support tickets.
    Staff Post
  • Sinderance
    Sinderance
    Soul Shriven
    I also am not receiving any emails from them. I'm trying to play the game again and it's requiring me to enter a code sent to the email. I have access to the email, but no emails are coming through. I submitted a ticket, but then the ticket doesn't show up. My ticket number was 190620-001170. Can you help me please?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an update, support was able to assist me last night and get the emails going through. It took some time to get to the root of the problem, which I'm still not quite sure of but everything worked out ok in the end. Hopefully, they can assist you as well.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sinderance

We've sent you a message about your support ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Within the last few minutes I managed to get an access code email. I used Firefox on my Mac and logged in ok, and renewed eso plus. I then went back and tried safari and didnt get a code but could login ok, So I'm not any wiser but I wonder if something has been resolved or by using a different browser it kicked off the process better.