The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required ...

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;

I'm a little confused with this one. When have people ever NOT reported these items? I have reported my suspicions on occasion, have turned in bug reports for exploits … I know a lot of players who have turned in way more than I have. We get a canned email in response telling us to put cheaters on block.

I'd would like to hear from ZOS if this change in the TOS is due to renewed efforts at addressing these issues or an attempt to placate the folks who are frustrated with the current climate as it stands now. So far, requiring us to police a game that we would rather play instead has brought about a climate of suspicion and mistrust among players within the community. Inaction in dealing with known exploiters and cheaters has brought about a "Who cares?" attitude with the people who do it.

Is this about to change?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popcorn.gif
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If players were required to report malfunctions and other inconsistencies, everybody would have to compile about 150 pages of bugs and glitches and have no time to play anymore.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called changing rules to justify previous and future actions.

Now when you get banned just for knowing about an exploit they have a place to show you their rules.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be spelled out like that in the Code of Conduct. Maybe they just moved it into the TOS proper?
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not required to report s*it.. Because i could care less
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I discover an exploit which gives me an advantage over other players, you can bet your ass I wont report it.
    What are they gonna do if they dont know that I know something they dont?
    And TBH it could be the most gamebreaking bug ever, as long as there isnt a correlation with Crown Store it would go ignored for like half a year, just like the streak exploit where you could streak without cost increase.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on June 27, 2019 6:16PM
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha, sure!
    Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on June 27, 2019 6:20PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found a bug a while back that was potentially exploitable. Course, I had two options; make a public youtube video/forum post and let everyone exploit till ZOS hot fixed it,

Or,

PM a few zos forum names and send a privatized video.

Pretty sure the line you've bolded is not quite "play QA cop for us" and more "WHEN you find something, you're required not to spread it around."

My take, anyway.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like it gives them justification to hand out bans if you’re caught exploiting a bug, but that may just be me being hopeful.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube