Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Find a Community with Update 22’s New Guild Tools!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ab3lxdooeqh6.png
This is the official discussion thread for "Find a Community with Update 22’s New Guild Tools!" blog article.

With the introduction of the Guild Finder and Guild Listings menus in Update 22, you can now easily find the perfect Guild and recruits.
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guildfinder is an awesome way for new players to find guilds. I remember being new to MMOs in general and being terribly nervous the first time I typed "Looking for a trading guild" in zone chat.

Fortunately, my first guild was excellent! PC/NA Rusty Old Dragons! They had trading (no raffle, fee, or sales requirements), an active social chat, weekly guild events like PVP for the Pact, an amazing auction, and dungeon/trial runs. The best thing I remember about that guild was their commitment to new players. They had a whole system where players could sign up to get crafted gear for free up to vet rank 14, and higher gear was available if you provided the mats.

That guild helped me get started on my ESO journey from playing as a solo player to truly experiencing it as an MMO. I've since been in other guilds, and am not a member of ROD anymore, but I've got a lot of fond memories of that guild.

So thank you to Rusty Old Dragons and the other great guilds I've been and am a part of.

And thank you ZOS for making it easier for new players to find great guilds!

(Obligatory note that PC and Console guilds would really appreciate better base game guild management tools for accounting and bank security.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 18, 2019 2:33PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And along with the new guild finder system are a whole host of new guild-related performance issues and bugs.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    Wait it actually works now?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild has gained about 250 new members because of the guild finder system. We went from 350 with tons of inactives to 500 and needing to remove inactives just to have room for more. No more zone recruiting. Just put up the guild finder ad and wait.

I haven't seen any of these bugs and other issues being talked about, but I'm sure they are there. I guess we were lucky enough to not have to deal with any guild finder bugs at all. The only annoying issue is that No, thank you doesn't play well with it, spitting out repeated errors until someone goes to check a new application. I suspect that would be fixed in the future.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ab3lxdooeqh6.png

What is they seeing? A camera?
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Guildfinder is Pretty nice but i would wish that they could Change it so when i set the Minimum CP at 300 noone with less CP can send a request. I am leading a Raidguild and it is Pretty strange when we say we recruit for Vet-Raids and then someone with LV. 9 wants to join us.
    Perhaps we could also get an option to allow this or not i dont know but i have this every week and i don't understand why they do this.
    Another Point is that they could add some restrictions for example that a Raidguild has to have atleast 12 members or a tradeguild enough to recruit a trader. Sure then it is a bit harder for new guilds to grow but it feels Pretty Stange when you scroll trough the guildlistings and then you see multiple hardcore Raidguilds with only 5 members or so. The larger guilds with real raids would be more visible when such guilds would have to build some sort of Membership before they can start Recruiting with the aid of the tool.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guildfinder is working well enough that I don't need to recruit in zone any more. I do wish it had a few more options.

I want a saved message for applications that I accept not just for ones I reject.
    Want to be able to scroll through all applications, not the limited amount that seems to bounce back an forth when accepting.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Guildfinder is Pretty nice but i would wish that they could Change it so when i set the Minimum CP at 300 noone with less CP can send a request. I am leading a Raidguild and it is Pretty strange when we say we recruit for Vet-Raids and then someone with LV. 9 wants to join us.
    Either people don't read (that would be nothing new)... or that lvl9 person had plenty of CP and was just logged on their lvl9 char when applying and they'll be CP1200+ in a few hours.
    Another Point is that they could add some restrictions for example that a Raidguild has to have atleast 12 members or a tradeguild enough to recruit a trader.
    Hell no. ZOS should have zero nothing zilch nada to do with guild management. Each guild is and should remain 100% free of its goals, purposes and philosophy. Sure the GM and officers can do the application filtering work without automation. The guild finder is a simple notice board/catalogue and should remain this way.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on June 19, 2019 10:13AM
  • RoyalFruitBat
    RoyalFruitBat
    ✭✭
    I love the guild finder. I played for more than two years before joining any guilds because I found the whole thing intimidating. Now I belong to five of them. I do wish that when we sell something, there would be something in the message telling us which guild we sold it through.