The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield stacking sorcs are broken again...

• Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Not really. Essentially mag sorcs have settled into the only way to not be obliterated and while it is tanky AF and they still can produce damage, if you take away this there will be nothing left quite literally. Most people don’t like playing SB pet sorcs, I’d rather not. But you go down so quickly without it, one small mistake and you’re done. Bar space is crowded, almost every attack is stupid easy to dodge. My mag sorc is probably my third most played toon but just leave them alone. Pets have always been an issue for a lot of reasons, nothing new there. What mag sorc (and stam sorc) needs is a rework so that there is less cheese to rely on but more solid build choices.

I'm not talking about pet sorcs. People who rely on the zoo to get by are either bad players or role players.

Meh, you can roleplay and be good too. I just started this game a month ago so I'm working on it but in guild wars 2 I roleplayed and pvp'd and went toe to toe with first place championship players as necro.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this an April fool's thread? Or did we get a wave of new players who can't dawnbreaker?
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mess with shields more and you’re going to murder magblade even further. You mess with a sorcs ward you’re going to put them in the ground with magblades. Competent stam characters can still handle sorcs, adapt your playstyle.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on April 2, 2019 9:07PM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Last sorc I fought used the resto ult 5 times before I gave up and walked away. I don't think it's shields that are the problem...

@Alucardo wait wait wait...what was the expected result?
    What's the exact reason you put resto ulti on the overperforming pile?

You survived 5 sorcs resto ultis after-all...you are not revealing all your cards my friend....looks like there are other things in the game that overperform.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Last sorc I fought used the resto ult 5 times before I gave up and walked away. I don't think it's shields that are the problem...

You survived 5 sorcs resto ultis after-all...you are not revealing all your cards my friend....looks like there are other things in the game that overperform.

Yep. Harness is overperforming. There's no way we both could have sustained as long as we did without harness. Next time I'm just going to take my hands off the keyboard. At the end of the fight I was shaking, parched, and felt like my eyes had sunken into the back of my face.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Was this an April fool's thread? Or did we get a wave of new players who can't dawnbreaker?

Every nerf sorc thread is an April fool's thread. Usually by a bunch who eat too many crayons for a living.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shield and sorcs are fine as is. I’d say as close to perfectly balanced as you can get. Put 4 of them in a group and they don’t do too well, put a tanky DK in front of them so they can pull of their burst combo and they’re deadly.

I think the devs did a really good job tbh. Proof is this thread, when there are ‘OP threads’ and ‘we’ve been gutted’ too they’re in a good spot.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 4, 2019 6:33PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking should should go. That was and still is the problem.
  • kalitoslime
    kalitoslime
    ✭✭
    ok NB gets detect pots Templar’s gets defile wardens get defiled Dk gets Defiled. What’s the debuff for Sorc shields?
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    ok NB gets detect pots Templar’s gets defile wardens get defiled Dk gets Defiled. What’s the debuff for Sorc shields?

It is not needed.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is not needed.

Spoken like a true fotm meta chaser.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are broken. Nothing more to say.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only three symbols for anyone whining about shields or sorcerers: l2p.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IS <3 THIS <3 A <3 NERF <3 SORC <3 THREAD <3 I <3 SEE ??
    Edited by LukosCreyden on June 7, 2019 11:23PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shield breaker set not breaking their shields like suppose to be.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 8, 2019 4:59AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only three symbols for anyone whining about shields or sorcerers: l2p.

Probably just give em more crayons to chew on.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

Detect pots give a very small window of detection over a very large period to the most op skill in the game.

Mag Sorcs dont have a defile.....
    Dks mitigate most of a sorcs damage by 50%....
    All classes have access to one of the 2 shields worth stacking...the most powerful one.
    Its just as bad as stam popping vigor before engaging....except vigor is more powerful...
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are literally a handful of BG sorcs that aren’t FOTM meta chasers. The rest of the sorcs you see your matches filled with are basically free points who can’t keep up their shields and only know how to spam flame reach and fury.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    There are literally a handful of BG sorcs that aren’t FOTM meta chasers. The rest of the sorcs you see your matches filled with are basically free points who can’t keep up their shields and only know how to spam flame reach and fury.

what should they spam?
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could not kill this magsorc for several minutes" are stupid. You miss the fact that he could not kill you too.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The annoying part is how certain sorcs build for zero defense and still be effective due to their pocket healer due to resists stacking on shields.

One of the worst decision in this game IMO which I think is causing all these threads where zerglings can't figure out how to kill other zergling sorcs
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what should they spam?

They should do the normal combo...
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The annoying part is how certain sorcs build for zero defense and still be effective due to their pocket healer due to resists stacking on shields.

One of the worst decision in this game IMO which I think is causing all these threads where zerglings can't figure out how to kill other zergling sorcs

This is a bg thread. Not a cyrodiil thread. Nobody is zerging anyone, except blood sport, donjay, and sunbark.

You also have to stop thinking every sorc thread is aimed at you. If every sorc was as good as you are i'd be asking for sorc buffs, not asking why they're so broken.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

This is a bg thread. Not a cyrodiil thread. Nobody is zerging anyone, except blood sport, donjay, and sunbark.

You also have to stop thinking every sorc thread is aimed at you. If every sorc was as good as you are i'd be asking for sorc buffs, not asking why they're so broken.

This situation is further aggravated in BG's. You don't have to keep 3 shields up to be alive when intensely pressured now. Sorc building with resists means they no longer have to choose between offence and defence in presence of a pocket healer and are not punished for mistakes. Just keep hardened ward up if necessary and continue DPS'ing
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    Sorcs aren't op. They're beyond broken. People denying that fact are delusional magsorc mains or fotms. They have everything - mobility, damage and immortality. Light armor magsorcs are tankier than heavy armor dks and they deal a ridiculous amount of damage.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldstacking got nothing on heavy armor turtle survivability.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arzharo wrote: »
    Sorcs aren't op. They're beyond broken. People denying that fact are delusional magsorc mains or fotms. They have everything - mobility, damage and immortality. Light armor magsorcs are tankier than heavy armor dks and they deal a ridiculous amount of damage.

Why won't you post some builds and calcualtions that prove your point?
    Use the Build Editor and make some builds.
    You won't. Even if you knew how, you wouldn't make any sorcerer builds that would be tankier than other classes while having the same damage output. How do I know? Because I've made tanky builds for every single class in this game.
    The tankiest sorcerer build that I've created could soak 26k damage every second in a 1v1 scenario while doing some damage. Which is the same as for my tankiest stamblade build. There are several differences though. First of all that stamsorc dies immediately you make a single mistake or get hit with lag or some bug. And second of all it's damage is inferior.

As for mobility sorcs can outrun and outmanouver others... untill you get one competent stamina user who simply has a gap closer.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Arzharo wrote: »

Why won't you post some builds and calcualtions that prove your point?
    Use the Build Editor and make some builds.
    You won't. Even if you knew how, you wouldn't make any sorcerer builds that would be tankier than other classes while having the same damage output. How do I know? Because I've made tanky builds for every single class in this game.
    The tankiest sorcerer build that I've created could soak 26k damage every second in a 1v1 scenario while doing some damage. Which is the same as for my tankiest stamblade build. There are several differences though. First of all that stamsorc dies immediately you make a single mistake or get hit with lag or some bug. And second of all it's damage is inferior.

As for mobility sorcs can outrun and outmanouver others... untill you get one competent stamina user who simply has a gap closer.

From what I see since last update the one that really shine in PvP are mDK, and thi sis especially true as they are coming back from far!