The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield stacking sorcs are broken again...

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What did they break this time? I'm assuming a lot of people finally caught up with the fact that shields are affected by resistance so they're just using Mighty Chudan, possibly protective traits, and the ever so balanced BRP resto. Either way, sorcs don't die. Whether i'm playing high mmr bgs with my main or low mmr bgs with alts, between streak, shield stacking, and endless fury, they're as OP as it gets.

I'll see if i can jump on the bandwagon before Elsweyr.
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO @ Mighty Chudan + Resto heals = "as OP as it gets."

Seriously, when I saw a thread about shields being "broken", I thought you were talking about the recently introduced bug that causes Ward to fail to cast until you roll dodge!

BTW, ZOS when IS this bug going to be fixed?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last sorc I fought used the resto ult 5 times before I gave up and walked away. I don't think it's shields that are the problem...
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Last sorc I fought used the resto ult 5 times before I gave up and walked away. I don't think it's shields that are the problem...

Reads to me as they couldn't kill you either.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    lol

I see you. Don't even try to deny mag sorcs are broken.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. Essentially mag sorcs have settled into the only way to not be obliterated and while it is tanky AF and they still can produce damage, if you take away this there will be nothing left quite literally. Most people don’t like playing SB pet sorcs, I’d rather not. But you go down so quickly without it, one small mistake and you’re done. Bar space is crowded, almost every attack is stupid easy to dodge. My mag sorc is probably my third most played toon but just leave them alone. Pets have always been an issue for a lot of reasons, nothing new there. What mag sorc (and stam sorc) needs is a rework so that there is less cheese to rely on but more solid build choices.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Not really. Essentially mag sorcs have settled into the only way to not be obliterated and while it is tanky AF and they still can produce damage, if you take away this there will be nothing left quite literally. Most people don’t like playing SB pet sorcs, I’d rather not. But you go down so quickly without it, one small mistake and you’re done. Bar space is crowded, almost every attack is stupid easy to dodge. My mag sorc is probably my third most played toon but just leave them alone. Pets have always been an issue for a lot of reasons, nothing new there. What mag sorc (and stam sorc) needs is a rework so that there is less cheese to rely on but more solid build choices.

I'm not talking about pet sorcs. People who rely on the zoo to get by are either bad players or role players.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we are back to nerf sorc threads? Wow that didnt last long
    Edited by Morgul667 on March 31, 2019 6:22AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I'm not talking about pet sorcs. People who rely on the zoo to get by are either bad players or role players.

But the nerf sorc crowd is great ?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not talking about that either. But most mag sorcs play with the matriarch and SB backbar just to be able to survive a bit, zoo sorcs are a different disuse.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, when I saw a thread about shields being "broken", I thought you were talking about the recently introduced bug that causes Ward to fail to cast until you roll dodge!

I need this bug to be fixed asap.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bet they’re the same sorcs who hide behind their pets.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Level 29 already. That bad boy will be ready with undaunted and all by the next weekend. Was level 26 with a different magsorc, then realized the character was EP even though i picked Breton which should default it to DC...Ty for that one ZOS, i deleted the character and had to start another one. This double xp thing makes leveling a breeze.

Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world! - Archimonde, 2002
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on March 31, 2019 12:06PM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    lol

I see you. Don't even try to deny mag sorcs are broken.

The LOS issue with pets is broken, but I think you’ll find most magsorc mains in PvP really would prefer a non pet build and are annoyed that zos is pushing sorc in the zookeeper direction. Shields(at least in non cp, idk about cp) are perfectly fine, but personally I’d prefer to go back to the old ones where you just needed to stack max mag.

Now you’re seeing a lot of magsorcs running bloodspawn and the matriarch, which used to both be relatively suboptimal. The extra ult from bloodspawn = resto ult whenever you need it, and the major protection from that plus vamp is huge dmg reduction. Shields aren’t a problem, it’s the peripheral components that are allowing for much better survivability.

I’d say a massive part of sorc survival comes from mobility and positioning, though. Since the speed changes and snare meta, sorcs can largely pick their fights, but you can still kill them fine.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 29 already. That bad boy will be ready with undaunted and all by the next weekend. Was level 26 with a different magsorc, then realized the character was EP even though i picked Breton which should default it to DC...Ty for that one ZOS, i deleted the character and had to start another one. This double xp thing makes leveling a breeze.

Hf reking low mmr noobs. It’ll be 25-0 games over and over till your mmr catches up.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll see if i can jump on the bandwagon before Elsweyr.

Youre kinda late, the magsorc bandwagon left about 2 years ago. (crystal frag stun nerf)
    But shieldstacking, idk dude, its not the reason magsorcs are kinda good atm.
    hint: atro pressure, matriach healing, targetable pets, line-of-sight
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use shieldbreaker set.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I fought a good sorcerer, he just sat on a rock because neither of us could do any damage to each other. And that was in noCP.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    use shieldbreaker set.
    I want to say such mean and hateful things about this comment :(
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    use shieldbreaker set.

Why would i ever do that? That's a waste of a set.

Btw, i'm not being serious at all. I do believe mag sorcs are very strong in death match. Pre-applied execute, shield spam , and streak allows them for play recklessly. There is however, only 2 or 3 mag sorcs that i personally struggle against, the rest build too defensive to be a problem to anyone. There's also a couple of them whose play style is tailored around stealing kills in death match, but i don't see them a lot anyways.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your optimism. You will find out soon enough though.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lolled too, i thought it was a thread necro :) shield stacking complaints are very 2016/17
    Edited by Beardimus on April 1, 2019 6:28AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see a zoo group i just think to myself "you are such a disappoint to our might class".
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    well, their damage is *** agaist the groups have purge / active los ing, which is rare.

the mobility makes me "meh *** it" when i meet a magsorc in pvp, it's way too long patience play.

hint: hit the sorcs stamina; both stun + immobilize + drain stamina poison.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    When I see a zoo group i just think to myself "you are such a disappoint to our might class".

I do too. So i streak right up next to them and kill them first. They have zero damage and are not a threat really.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah this bug didn't get addressed at all lol.

The only thing ZOS "fixed" was the way it got you stuck in the ward cast animation. But the actual bug which causes your ward to not fire, and continue not to fire for the next ~2s, is still very much present.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean shields are stackable still to the point of unkillable. A good magsorc can still just live forever until you just get bored fighting them.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean shields are stackable still to the point of unkillable. A good magsorc can still just live forever until you just get bored fighting them.

that to me is perfectly fine and i have zero problem with that.
    the problem comes in when they are able to kill you with mass damage while at the same exact time they are unkillable with the shields. THAT's where the problem is.
    they are the only class that can do that.