The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagSorc PVP Builds?

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Since they killed fury and ward everyone went pet, because thank god we aren't magblades and still have options.

I run Bright Throat and Necro and tristat everything. Chudan for the helm, because it saves a bar slot and even with it i need 3 more bar slots than I have to get what other classes get. You can use streak as your stun actually once you get used to it. With some practice you can do a quick spin to almost quarantee a frag lands, dont know about meteor though, i use atro.

Proc BTB with spring loaded infusion for the extra stam. With 20 points in health you can get 30k health, 48k mag, 16+k stam, almost 2k regen and about 2.4k spell damage with glyph, you have almost a 14k ward and hit like a truck with matriarch heals that crit for like 12k with no points in healing stuff.

There's a reason why people hate petsorcs. And that pet gives you options, but its very vulnerable outnumbered and wil lbe even worse next patch. But the class is barely viable without em now, regrettably.

Your defense is still shields, and your pet scales off max mag and doesn't give a *** about spell damage, thats why I think max mag is still the way to go on sorcs.

I'll be giving master destro another look though, i literally switched to pulse bk of DKs. the only thing i have they can reflect is frags and if youre good you can often figure out a way to sneak one in under the wings from time to time.

This guy nailed it. Bright throat + necro + chudan. Spring loaded infused to supplement your stam pool. I use pulse and I don’t find hardly and class that gives me that hard of a time. I’m saving transmutes and will be making my necro jewelry all protective and switching chudan for slimecraw this week though.

Tbf I don't see that performing well at all in BGs.

No major expedition, relying on streak most certainly won't get away from Gap closers - especially next update when gap closers will be flavor of the month.

I can see sustain only via heavy and/or conversion - meaning in BGs kiting would be absolutely necessary and absolutely difficult with 0 speed buffs.

You're gonna lose 5k Stam in no CP - bringing that pool to 11k Stam - which is enough to CC break twice IF there's no Stam cost poison on you. (You probably will in BGs)

The Stam Regen is solid, too bad so few will have access to the sets that get you there (myself included)

As much as I like Necro bright - I see it crumpling under the sustained pressure of BGs

I tweaked the build but bright throat + necro + bloodspawn is disgusting in BGs and open world. I run 3 tri stat glyphs, helm is infused. All protective jewelry and sustain isn’t bad I run infused with absorb magicka back bar. I have major expedition through lightning form. With bloodspawn proc I’m around 30k resistances roughly and my stam pool is around 14kish? Would have to double check tooltip in BG.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they killed fury and ward everyone went pet, because thank god we aren't magblades and still have options.

I run Bright Throat and Necro and tristat everything. Chudan for the helm, because it saves a bar slot and even with it i need 3 more bar slots than I have to get what other classes get. You can use streak as your stun actually once you get used to it. With some practice you can do a quick spin to almost quarantee a frag lands, dont know about meteor though, i use atro.

Proc BTB with spring loaded infusion for the extra stam. With 20 points in health you can get 30k health, 48k mag, 16+k stam, almost 2k regen and about 2.4k spell damage with glyph, you have almost a 14k ward and hit like a truck with matriarch heals that crit for like 12k with no points in healing stuff.

There's a reason why people hate petsorcs. And that pet gives you options, but its very vulnerable outnumbered and wil lbe even worse next patch. But the class is barely viable without em now, regrettably.

Your defense is still shields, and your pet scales off max mag and doesn't give a *** about spell damage, thats why I think max mag is still the way to go on sorcs.

I'll be giving master destro another look though, i literally switched to pulse bk of DKs. the only thing i have they can reflect is frags and if youre good you can often figure out a way to sneak one in under the wings from time to time.

This guy nailed it. Bright throat + necro + chudan. Spring loaded infused to supplement your stam pool. I use pulse and I don’t find hardly and class that gives me that hard of a time. I’m saving transmutes and will be making my necro jewelry all protective and switching chudan for slimecraw this week though.

No major expedition, relying on streak most certainly won't get away from Gap closers - especially next update when gap closers will be flavor of the month.

I can see sustain only via heavy and/or conversion - meaning in BGs kiting would be absolutely necessary and absolutely difficult with 0 speed buffs.

You're gonna lose 5k Stam in no CP - bringing that pool to 11k Stam - which is enough to CC break twice IF there's no Stam cost poison on you. (You probably will in BGs)

The Stam Regen is solid, too bad so few will have access to the sets that get you there (myself included)

As much as I like Necro bright - I see it crumpling under the sustained pressure of BGs

I tweaked the build but bright throat + necro + bloodspawn is disgusting in BGs and open world. I run 3 tri stat glyphs, helm is infused. All protective jewelry and sustain isn’t bad I run infused with absorb magicka back bar. I have major expedition through lightning form. With bloodspawn proc I’m around 30k resistances roughly and my stam pool is around 14kish? Would have to double check tooltip in BG.

That’s not to say you can hop on this build and faceroll, positioning is huge and you have to be very conscious of resource management (obvious for high MMR BGs). The max mag is solid and stam pool could be better but just can’t be mindlessly using a roll dodge in the middle of a group fight. Next patch with resto ulti nerf is where I’m going to have some trouble I think, may go other morph? Either way, with bloodspawn proc I very rarely die through shields while regenning mag back bar and generating ulti for those cheap resto ultis or time up my dawnbreaker with group.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s not to say you can hop on this build and faceroll, positioning is huge and you have to be very conscious of resource management (obvious for high MMR BGs). The max mag is solid and stam pool could be better but just can’t be mindlessly using a roll dodge in the middle of a group fight. Next patch with resto ulti nerf is where I’m going to have some trouble I think, may go other morph? Either way, with bloodspawn proc I very rarely die through shields while regenning mag back bar and generating ulti for those cheap resto ultis or time up my dawnbreaker with group.

Go with the other morph, it's just as good - and some have made excellent points as to how it can be better.

Liking the build a lot more, especially with the update and game changes.

I think that I'm gonna see a lot of similar builds as to this one and I think I'm gonna have a pia during BGs because I'll be facing them
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I’m trying a mag sorc for the first time.

I’m not too keen on using a pet: can anyone suggest a high mag build that is not too squishy?

The mag you’re gonna get on a non-pet build is about 41k. I run spinner’s and bright-throat with spring loaded infusion drink. That puts me at 41k. But you’re gonna need to run dark conversion unless you go with three mag recovery glyphs on jewelry