The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Anyone Use Impulse?

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I've seen some players panic when hit by it, because it is a pretty solid hit to their health bar.
    This. Everything was happening really fast but I think they looked slightly confused after being hit with those firewaves over and over again.

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on my mag warden tank, on her AoE/trash bar.
    Would never use on mag DD though.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about making pulsar drop a DoT circle?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it sometimes in bgs with Blackrose Destro, people are getting bamboozled because they don't expect the Steelnado like thing while I 'm holding a staff, and while it's not best thing in the world, does it's job. Only if Blackrose effect would tick faster and stack instead of overwriting...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have actually started using elemental ring on my magdk, as a back bar destro staff will wall on the front bar using burning embers as a spammable. I don't light attack enough to have the vMA staff give me enough DPS. Nice to have an AOE spammable on the magdk as well.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    People need to stop with the necro bs. If a topic is still discussed over time, ESPECIALLY because of updates and changes, then "necro" is obsolete and completely irrelevant.

Now, to answer the question...I use Elemental Ring on my Ice Wizard and cannot get more than 17k-18k max out of it. I lay down dots and use this at the end no more than 3-4 times. After that I work on fully charged heavy attacks to help sustain. The move costs me 2916 magicka, so it's not a huge hit. It's not as OP as it was when the game released, but if used right with the right sets, it could prove valuable. Also, Ice Wizards don't have a lot of options, and dots are the main focal point here, so, then there's that. 🤔😕
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do. Elemental ring is terrible alone, but good with the BRP staff.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Soviet Russia, Impulse uses you
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it when I'm overland on my warden tank questing, gathering skyshards and so on. Slot the bear and stay on destro bar we do enough damage to kill stuff fairly quick.