The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does Anyone Use Impulse?

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    they nerfed it into the ground to the point that NOBODY uses it.

thanks a lot ZOS.

bad decisions on top of bad decisions.

Nerfed it how?

A la ZOS way: take a 10% too powerful skill or spell, nerf it by 9999%, then abandon it forever.

Some times I still slot it, to relive the epic year 2014, when this spell has been actually more than a souvenir of the past.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    The minor mangle only works one enemy so it's bugged. For quite a long time...

This was fixed in wolf Hunter patch
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, not really
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is this?

:D
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    What is this?

It's a destro staff skill no one slots.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    What is this?

A necro.

(To the original OP, the answer's "No." and Blackrose won't change that, though I do find it ironic that it effectively changes the skill back to its original form.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i use it on skyreach while i grind a skill lvl or a friend.

Sometimes on public dungeons too.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was used quite a lot in the beginning. Now its weak and also the effect changed. Back then it was really nice fire with some blue fire inside forming some mind of fire wave around you. Now its only random fire explosion. Dont know why they changed the visuals From this skill. Quite sad, it was quite good looking back then.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will occasionly slot the ranged version in PVP on my magic sorc during keep defense (spam on the breech from far away), but other than that, I think these skills are pretty much worthless at this point.

Thanks I forgot it existed, which we typically do with all the Nerfs. We label skills garbage and don't use them anymore in our Kit.

• Samsgaard
    Samsgaard
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I saw in the PTS notes that this skill is slated for a DPS increase in Murkmire. Not sure if it will be enough of an increase to command a slot on a destro staff bar, but it will be nice if it makes a comeback.

Remember spamming this on zombies in Coldharbor for hours, back in the day.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to hit nice. Now it's just a lousy light show.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be one of my favorite skills for grinding levels in public dungeons. Haven't used it in ages now though. But, I don't use my mDK nearly as much either since we have decided that actual substantial fire damage is not something an mDK should have any right to do...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its good for taking Nightblades out of stealth.
    Playing since beta...
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    I have been toying with slotting Impulse again since the fix to Minor Mangle application.

I do have a question if the status effect, Mangle, is purgeable. Does anyone know from experience, testing?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its good for destro destro bombing at least the mangle morph
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they nerfed it into the ground to the point that NOBODY uses it.

thanks a lot ZOS.

bad decisions on top of bad decisions.

Nerfed it how?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe both the radius and the raw damage have been tampered with over the years. What really put an end to this skill was when they made Lighting Staffs do monster AOE damage for free. If there was anyone still hanging on to an impulse spam after that, morrowind finished them off.

I will occasionly slot the ranged version in PVP on my magic sorc during keep defense (spam on the breech from far away), but other than that, I think these skills are pretty much worthless at this point.

Yep, lots of nerfs and cost increases over time have made is monstrously expensive for little damage over only a small radius. I also used the new, ranged version for a bit after the decrease of AOE caps with morrowind made a ranged AOE useful even if a very expensive and only mediocre damage one. The new meta has pretty well ended stacking and even attacking though so not much to hit with one now.

You should also mention that the converting of trash mobs in PVE to super strong cc immune trash around 2.0 prevented their grouping and locking in place with chains and talons. This was how things used to be aoe barbecued and ending that ushered in a target the boss trash and cleave the rest strategy. Proper AOE, as apposed to target and cleave, has not really been a thing for a few years in PVE. Almost all fights are target and cleave events whether boss or supertrash in nature. It was not just the impulse AOE that was nerfed, sap essence got it even worse as did spear shards. Really, the only direct damage AOE to remain strong is spin to win. Typically, stam stuff has been allowed to remain hitting much harder and with much less cost.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it fix it not working in Trials. A couple years ago we tested it on the first group of trash in vMoL and it had no affect.

Granted it could have been user error. I was not the one using it nor looking at their bars and such to see if it worked.
    Edited by idk on October 2, 2018 6:06PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    its good for destro destro bombing at least the mangle morph

Part of me wants to run the new blackrose weapon with the mangle morph and VD to do some tether bombing. Run Balorgh and Willpower jewelry. With the fix to the minor mangle application, I could see this as a quick way to take out a large portion of a groups health and provide weaker targets for the tether, proxy, and VD. Add in the extra damage from the blackrose ticks, and since there doesn't appear to be a target cap, that is a lot of damage to everyone you are bombing.

Plus, with the changes to shields, minor mangle will also effectively reduce an enemy's shield size. So a person running 25K health drops to 22.5K health and their initial shield of 10K is reduced to 9K.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Did it fix it not working in Trials. A couple years ago we tested it on the first group of trash in vMoL and it had no affect.

Granted it could have been user error. I was not the one using it nor looking at their bars and such to see if it worked.

Wolfhunter was the last patch. 3 months ago. You tested 2 years ago. Try now.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makes me miss 1.5, inferno dunmer dk.......sighs.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Kinda wish they would replace this ability with something more universally useful for destro staves. A staff execute comes to mind

Yea especially considering Dk, and basically magwarden (I dont count the bear it's too unreliable) dont have executes. Plus, destro line already has amazing aoe ult, Wall of elements and a morph of force pulse has some aoe as well. Totally useless skill.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to start running this regularly on my lightning mage again. It fits his theme, and it's getting enough of a boost this next patch cycle it will be worth slotting on his limited bar space.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All time a couple years ago.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly necro thread, but just wanted to mention that looks like pulsar nowadays can save noob's life in Cyrodiil.

I went there today in my pve gear (again) to make use of my accumulated treasure maps. Had no PvP plans at all and wasn't prepared. With my "luck" there was some action near one of the treasure spots and I got killed 1 vs 2 a couple times.

But damn, I need that chest! lol
    I came back third time, waited when one dude left, tried to approach the marked place while it was quiet and... dammit the second guy came out of nowhere again and attacked. I switched to the fire staff and started pulsing and light attacking. Bingo! A crusty corpse, revenge achievement and most importantly I finally dug up my treasure chest xD
    Gonna keep that on one bar always now.
    freddy.jpg
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 4, 2019 9:05PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pve it’s useless. PvP however you can make some decent use out of it in coordinated group comp with a magden bomber. Necropotence and vicious death. Deep fissure, proxy det, northern storm, and pulsar as a spammable with a lightning staff. Works better than most would think
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone use Impulse or the morphs at all?
    I thought about using the Pulsar Morph, but I don't know.

I'm testing it... I've seen some weird "dodge" reports btw
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen good groups use this skill. I've also seen Emps use it.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Pve it’s useless. PvP however you can make some decent use out of it in coordinated group comp with a magden bomber. Necropotence and vicious death. Deep fissure, proxy det, northern storm, and pulsar as a spammable with a lightning staff. Works better than most would think

in theory, a bomblade could use it to finish the job
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running this on Magden. Since ele-drain isn't as usefull with shalks, and the birds can be used as a spammable over force pulse, it fits that slot for destro passives pretty well. I like to hit it right before my shalks go off when I am in close range.

I've seen some players panic when hit by it, because it is a pretty solid hit to their health bar. Plus, it reduces the size of enemy shields by lowering their health. Which is a huge bonus to the skill that I think is often overlooked.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mange works for Trash fights only, does not work on Boss so have no good use