Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

procsets damage

mook-eb16_ESO
mook-eb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
why are we back to high damage procsets again where heavy users can just spec for damage and tankyness. I still think there should be some sort of penalty every time the sets proc eg needs to use some sort of resource pool if its damage proc. these sets are back to doing 8-9 k +. for instance caluurions legacy. + on magnb when this hits from stealth coupled with an utli its just game over crap. I have ok crit resist for normal non tank build at 2.6k.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are we back to high damage procsets again where heavy users can just spec for damage and tankyness. I still think there should be some sort of penalty every time the sets proc eg needs to use some sort of resource pool if its damage proc. these sets are back to doing 8-9 k +. for instance caluurions legacy. + on magnb when this hits from stealth coupled with an utli its just game over crap. I have ok crit resist for normal non tank build at 2.6k.

That’s one of the more broken combos. Typical on mnb cuz sustained dmg can be depressingly low so folks turned to cheese sets for kills.

That’s basically a gank tho.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well dmg procsets are high risk sets. if ur proc doesnt hit u miss out on alot dmg that a statset or survivability a health proc sets like seventh legion would have given you.

i did alot calculations for bg and its better to use straight out stat sets instead of dmg proc for higher mmr bg.

for lower mmr bg since people are more splitted there and the chance of getting someone by suprise ganking him and actually landing the proc with all the other dmg is far better.

however the visual indicator of caluurion in ur case is so clear that its rly ur fault getting hit by that. the ppl using that set are gimping their heals and their overall dmg and sustain just to get that proc of on you. if u rolldodge or block it (on my heavy templar for example) u basically screwed them. follow that up by radiant light and/or if ur a magicka user detect pots and its easy kill.

to get hit by caluurion means u didnt have stamina to break out of stun
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets like zaan, caluurions legacy, troll king, earthgore, sloads, viper, Selenes, skoria, should all be removed or have a 60% damage&healing reduction in PvP zones.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Proc sets like zaan, caluurions legacy, troll king, earthgore, sloads, viper, Selenes, skoria, should all be removed or have a 60% damage&healing reduction in PvP zones.

Basically every monster set is a proc set of sorts....
    Edited by Insco851 on June 1, 2019 8:48PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update battle spirit so that no proc sets work in pvp. Should make things more interesting and maybe decrease lag a bit too.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    well dmg procsets are high risk sets. if ur proc doesnt hit u miss out on alot dmg that a statset or survivability a health proc sets like seventh legion would have given you.

There is nothing "high risk" about proc sets. If it misses, just wait until it procs again. It is not like skills never miss and unlike those procs are free. Meanwhile your opponent often has to burn a lot of resources to counter them. Which is the reason why they are stronger in noCP. One simply can't afford to block and dodge that much.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Update battle spirit so that no proc sets work in pvp. Should make things more interesting and maybe decrease lag a bit too.

That's a lot more sets than you think. And what about the proc sets that are specifically for PvP that don't do anything in PvE (i.e. Vicious Death)?

No offense but while this idea might seem "revolutionary" it's not very well thought out.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc sets- just add more broken skills like silver leash!....
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is proc set damage up? Is it all the minor vulnerability flying around?

You’d think you’d see less proc sets because they can’t crit.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 2, 2019 2:09AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes please.
    Options
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are fine right now. Most of them can be easily avoided.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's a lot more sets than you think. And what about the proc sets that are specifically for PvP that don't do anything in PvE (i.e. Vicious Death)?

No offense but while this idea might seem "revolutionary" it's not very well thought out.

It's actually very well thought out. Get rid of them from pvp and those which only function there like vd, rework them to something actually good that promotes skill.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

seriously these guys dont think anything through and not even theorycraft before they have an opinion
    Rianai wrote: »

There is nothing "high risk" about proc sets. If it misses, just wait until it procs again. It is not like skills never miss and unlike those procs are free. Meanwhile your opponent often has to burn a lot of resources to counter them. Which is the reason why they are stronger in noCP. One simply can't afford to block and dodge that much.

im trying to hold it simple for u. every sets 5th set bonus in the game does roughly increase ur dmg around the same number. it can range around 1000-1500 per second. (sloads can be lower depending on enemy resistance but it goes through shields so .... its also another set where u rly need to be a disabled person to not evade it 80 % of the time)

for example "spell strategist" can increase ur damage around roughly 10%-15% and this counts also for ults which is a huge deal or if u have pure statincrease it also counts towards ur heals and damage. so if u do around 12k-15k dps which is reasonable ur dmg will get a good boost.
    now if u look at caluurion on the other hand it does around 12900 k damage every 10 seconds so we are at 1290 per second.
    the rest of the time the guy using caluurion is at a huge disadvantage towards someone with reliable 5th set bonus.

so if u evade caluurion with a dodge roll and the chance is high that u also evade a skill of the enemy at the same time ur putting him on a great disadvantage.

- - - - ->another point is. stat increases of sets are not affected by battlespirit (stat from set will stay same after entering bg). procs ARE affected by battlespirit. < - - - -

Thats one other reason everyone in high mmr bg uses stats over procs. SO yes the system u guys ask for is allready in place but noone in high mmr uses dmg procs becouse they are *** and if it would get worst u could just delete those sets.

DO U GUYS EVEN PLAY BG (some ppl here dont even know that the tooltip of procsets changes entering nocp pvp or that procs dont crit)
    Edited by Noctus on June 2, 2019 1:58PM
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

hes clearly unexperienced look hes talking about crit resistance while he complains about procsets
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

seriously these guys dont think anything through and not even theorycraft before they have an opinion

im trying to hold it simple for u. every sets 5th set bonus in the game does roughly increase ur dmg around the same number. it can range around 1000-1500 per second. (sloads can be lower depending on enemy resistance but it goes through shields so .... its also another set where u rly need to be a disabled person to not evade it 80 % of the time)

for example "spell strategist" can increase ur damage around roughly 10%-15% and this counts also for ults which is a huge deal or if u have pure statincrease it also counts towards ur heals and damage. so if u do around 12k-15k dps which is reasonable ur dmg will get a good boost.
    now if u look at caluurion on the other hand it does around 12900 k damage every 10 seconds so we are at 1290 per second.
    the rest of the time the guy using caluurion is at a huge disadvantage towards someone with reliable 5th set bonus.

so if u evade caluurion with a dodge roll and the chance is high that u also evade a skill of the enemy at the same time ur putting him on a great disadvantage.

- - - - ->another point is. stat increases of sets are not affected by battlespirit (stat from set will stay same after entering bg). procs ARE affected by battlespirit. < - - - -

Thats one other reason everyone in high mmr bg uses stats over procs. SO yes the system u guys ask for is allready in place but noone in high mmr uses dmg procs becouse they are *** and if it would get worst u could just delete those sets.

DO U GUYS EVEN PLAY BG (some ppl here dont even know that the tooltip of procsets changes entering nocp pvp or that procs dont crit)

DPS is fairly meaningless in PvP and nobody deals 12-15k dps at average in PvP, nor are most non proc set boni increasing your dmg by 10-15%. Your argument about battlespirit is nonsense too, because EVERY dmg is cut in half, not just proc dmg. Most procs are single target, which is probably the main reason why they aren't used that much in high lvl BG, where it is all about aoe spam and executes for kill stealing. But BGs aren't everything.
    Options
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Most proc sets seem weak. Besides caluurions that one you take a little damage. In cp procs are hardly anything to worry about, in no cp battle grounds yeah procs like caluurions can hurt a bit.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
    Options
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭

nerf everything zos please. Nerf the entire game until all we have to do is light attack each other 1 time and its an i win button.

As noctus has pointed out almost the entire game at this point has been 'standardized' which is low key just homogenization across the board because all the people on this forum do is cry about any and everything unique and or interesting. ZOS doesnt want to admit thats what they are doing though but in reality that is exactly what has been happening. Whether or not its a good thing who knows. It sure makes for some really boring fights though between 2 players that understand the games mechanics.
    Edited by killahsin on June 2, 2019 5:17PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »

nerf everything zos please. Nerf the entire game until all we have to do is light attack each other 1 time and its an i win button.

As noctus has pointed out almost the entire game at this point has been 'standardized' which is low key just homogenization across the board because all the people on this forum do is cry about any and everything unique and or interesting. ZOS doesnt want to admit thats what they are doing though but in reality that is exactly what has been happening. Whether or not its a good thing who knows. It sure makes for some really boring fights though between 2 players that understand the games mechanics.

The irony of ur post is on a different level. Proc sets have literally made the game a light attack spam with i win buttons. Lmao.
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

hes clearly unexperienced look hes talking about crit resistance while he complains about procsets

np my bad I forgot they removed crit from procsets a long time back. i didnt play for a year or something, but because it was 8-9k it assumed it was crit. there are a lot of people still running them and there is still a lot animosity in the community towards them. probably because the player didn't have to do much to trigger. never the less I would prefer someone did the damage and had the kill for skill activation and resource pool usage than having an extra free attack.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

That’s why I was specific on which ones.

Yeah because proc sets that literally gives you free damage from doing nothing is so healthy, right? Nothing’s better than skilless gameplay
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah because proc sets that literally gives you free damage from doing nothing is so healthy, right? Nothing’s better than skilless gameplay

And you think you're skilled by running in a ball group and pressing ultimates together? Cute.
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets might be cheesy, but a vast amount of players have great fun with them!
    It also keeps people doing the Dungeons/Trials.
    I think that for people who pvp more than a couple months, the game would be very stale without them.
    What would end game be without trying to procure the perfect theorycrafted proc set?
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this concerning the idea of battle spirit blocking proc sets. Zos has had proc sets in the game since day one and due to their model of adding over a dozen new sets a year there is not much room to work with outside of adding some proc sets.

The issue is Zos struggles intellectually with how to balance proc sets within the game and more specifically with very tanky builds that can still dish decent damage. Their answer was to eliminate the crit chance but as we can see that was a very weak change.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DPS is fairly meaningless in PvP and nobody deals 12-15k dps at average in PvP, nor are most non proc set boni increasing your dmg by 10-15%.

i deal that ammount of dmg when someone is wearing lightarmor. i made my example with no resistance in mind isnt that obvious ? caluurions also wouldnt hit for 12900. ur pretty ignorant.

most nonproc sets dont increase ur dmg becouse they are not ment to increase ur dmg giving u defense or regenration.

however those that are ment to increase it do it by atleast 10 % most of the time. we are talking about 500 spelldmg or more than 5 k penetration from night mothers gaze. more than 650 spelldmg from clever alchemist and 2k from kvatch gladiator for example(last one beeing situational).

those stats also scale with ur passives increasing ur dmg or defense furthermore. an example is the warriorguild ultimate increasing ur weapondmg by %.
    Edited by Noctus on June 2, 2019 11:43PM
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I agree with this concerning the idea of battle spirit blocking proc sets. Zos has had proc sets in the game since day one and due to their model of adding over a dozen new sets a year there is not much room to work with outside of adding some proc sets.

The issue is Zos struggles intellectually with how to balance proc sets within the game and more specifically with very tanky builds that can still dish decent damage. Their answer was to eliminate the crit chance but as we can see that was a very weak change.

an easy fix would be scaling the proc dmg with ur weapon or spelldmg.

(but then again be aware that most tanks only use torugs which is not a real proc set, scaling dmg enchants would be interessting). however for a tank a stat increase in weapondmg is even more important it makes more % difference than on someone who allready has alot of weapondmg.

thats also a reason why ppl who make tanky builds go for seventh legion.... the proc is rly good.
    Edited by Noctus on June 2, 2019 11:30PM
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats what increased stats from 5th set bonus do for u.... your getting 5k pen or 500 spelldmg by doing nothing. atleast on procset u need to crit or use dmg over time ability or a finisher...... lol.

also u clearly have an agenda here ur not mentioning seventh legion even tho its the most used procset in pvp cp and noncp alike.
    Edited by Noctus on June 2, 2019 11:45PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thats what increased stats from 5th set bonus do for u.... your getting 5k pen or 500 spelldmg by doing nothing. atleast on procset u need to crit or use dmg over time ability or a finisher...... lol.

also u clearly have an agenda here ur not mentioning seventh legion even tho its the most used procset in pvp cp and noncp alike.

When people say proc sets are bad, skilless and free dmg they usually mean the proc sets that actually do dmg for you. Not the ones that give you stats. Those, while some of them are questionable about how balanced they are, they are usually ok in terms of design because you still have to actually do the work urself to benefit from their effects. They don't do it for you.
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    damaging proc set indeed a cheese, but either easy to avoid or counterable. in example zaan can be countered with stun and mobility, skoria and selene just side step LUL.

dots damage set like viper, sheer, skoria just anticipate, mitigate, shield and heal.
    the one that need to be adressed is 7th and fury,
    both are non damaging proc sets, being the only viable set for stamina to duel and can only be used for physical based build is not healthy.
    bloodspawn is still fair, low proc chance, being a monster set that used for both stam and magicka with its resistance + stam regen.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I lowkey don't care about how cheesy or unbalanced *** is, as long as performance is fixed, ZOS can add whatever unbalanced garbage they want...
    Options
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    the entire premise is an illusory one, give you the damage or create a scenario where you can take the same damage for yourself. While the argument of skill vs skill-less can be had in this respect in the hands of a skilled player they both are the same. Now fine you hate dying to a pleb, ok, just say that. But to suggest there is any difference other than an end result because you simply did not mitigate burst potential in your build when fighting a pleb is generic low EQ unfiltered noise that takes away from the argument. Whats worse is to make this argument from being unprepared while at the same time trying to highlight the lack of skill players deriving some benefit from said argument. But but i shouldnt have to prepare for something the game artificially gives the skill-less player. Yet you should have to prepare for the burst potential already as not a single set gives you anywhere near the burst potential of a properly build player running a timed cc chain on you. Unless of course that burst potential is being controlled by a skilled player on a potential setup in which case that would relegate your argument to non-existence. So which is it? The unskilled player maximizing your lack of preparedness or the skilled player capitalizing on the understanding of the system and their hopes and dreams of 'huge damage'?

Edited by killahsin on June 3, 2019 9:29AM
    Options